[PP-F4] Black and White

Ooooooo, Hikoru is an information dealer? Damn, Sey definitely had to give him applause for that. That was a few more respect points on the board, for that was a tough business to craft.  Master of the Shadows, it explains why he gets the information. Glad to know he is using his skills in the best of ways. "Now that's some good information to note. If I do happen to see him, I'll throw some col his way. I could definitely use some more information on the case." Sey explained, looking back to her to see hope. Hopeful, happy, perhaps even proud. Hestia seemed to be trying her best, and it was evident that she approved of his answers. Looks like he was one step closer to getting Hidden off of the board for those who are being hunted down. "I'll try to get cracking down on the case. If I do need reinforcements, I'll send you a Private Message with my location. Now would you like to have a cup of cocoa? I'm sure we can just have the load off without these pesky politics in the way."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having some cocoa sounds nice in all honesty. Things just have been way to stressful lately from thing i've gotten myself into and the fact that frontline politics are starting to happen that they pulled me into because of me being a tank. I say with a small sigh as i look towards Sey with a small smile finding it weird that i can see this man that is practically a stranger a figure that i can trust as i chuckle softly at that fact as i look towards the man before leaning back in the chair that i am seated in. 'Maybe i trust to easy.' I think to myself idly as i look towards the man as i than glance towards the side as a waitress would come as i would order myself a nice warm drink of hot cocoa as i smile rather happily at the idea of being able to drink that. Not even remembering when the last time i had something like that to drink during my free time from the fact i spent all of last year's winter season just grinding away through levels to deal with the things i do now during this winter season. The more things stay the same the more things change really.

Sure, he was able to pull off a smile that could fool even the best of lie detectors. And maybe he could have lied to Hestia, tell her that he'll kill Hidden and Adrian together without a problem and come back with a sob story about how he only got Adrian but Hidden helped him. Maybe it would earn him more respect and even some col. Hestia had two factors working for her. One, she was the same as she was back then. A lovely girl, one who seemed kind with good intentions. Two, she managed to work her way up to where she was and take this on by her little lonesome. So she managed to obtain his respect as a person and a businessman. She managed to obtain both, so he would rather compromise and possibly even plead with her rather than lie to her. It took quite a lot to get that from him, but Hestia earned it. "Perhaps, the world seemed to change all around me. But I like to think I've only changed up my gear. And hey, maybe things changing eventually lead up to something good." Sey explained before he would follow Hestia up on his order as well to the waitress.

• 3 months later...

I shrug my shoulders ever so slightly at the words being tossed my way as i look towards the white haired man with a small smile upon my face as i nod my head slowly. I would like to think they lead up towards something that is good otherwise everything might just for not. Though i am hopeful for something good to come of all of us the things that have been happening for too quickly for my tastes really. I say with a small chuckle and after a bit the waitress comes back with the drinks we had ordered as i take the hot cocoa within my hands and drinks it with a rather satisfied sigh afterwards and a happy grin across my face. I should take some more breaks if this is like the highlight of my year. I say jokingly towards the man across from me as i just hold the cup within my hands as my index finger lightly taps against the cup itself. Though to get back on the topic of what you've missed out on i guess the only thing i would mention besides what i've talked about is the whole floor twenty three mess which basically destroyed the frontlines. i say with a sigh of frustration leaving my lips as i think of the events and anything that followed afterwards. It's all been one big mess really when it comes to frontline politics, and man do i hate politics. I say with a half-hearted chuckle.

"Hey, you can't win them all. But if you do keep that health bar above zero, things should be fine if you are content with living." Sey explained with the shrug of his shoulders as he took the cup to his own lips, a smile as he did this. He felt somewhat calmer despite the chills that he's been having recently, and he damn well knew that it was not the snow that caused it either.  "Sounds like you're hard at work, a good work ethic is always good to possess." Sey replied before Hestia then went back to how floor 23 went and showing how bad it was. It was unfortunate, absolutely. But perhaps new players would step up to the plate. Then again, would Hestia really overlook such an easily solution? It was as simple as there being no one else to do such a thing. "The last hit loot, cursed as that thing is, it is quite a motivator to at least bring people back onto the scene I believe. Maybe they will come around eventually so that we could eventually continue progressing."

I shake my head with a no towards his words as i look him in the eyes after i do so. It's not about living in contentment for just myself. I want to try and bring as much peace to as many people as i can, and i don't think i'll be able to rest if i only do half of the job. I'm certain there are groups out there that would like nothing more than to bring harm to as many people who can't defend themselves. That is why i created the APD to try and stop such people. I want people to not live in fear of this game that is why i am part of the frontlines. Though with how the frontlines are i don't know if i like the environment that it is seemingly creating. It's not even the last hit drop nonsense. I say with a small sigh as i than look to the side for a moment as i think on the events before nodding my head slightly. Okay it is the last hit nonsense in essence, but it is also more than that. It's to the point where i am certain that nobody is going to be willing to work with one another if given enough time. There will be the cliques that trust one another, but anybody outside of them will be seen as untrustworthy.

"Humans are selfish by nature, that was just the way we are born. The APD is selfless, I assume, so you are basically fighting human nature. Competition is also a part of that human nature as well. As long as we are compared by levels, gear, and tasks such as the last-hit reward, I think it's safe to say that such dangers will always exist in the game." It was an unfortunate statement, but they had to view things from the inside in order to tackle a solution if she really wanted one. He was a businessman, he had to take a realist perspective if he wanted to find success. "I guess you could say that we will never be free until we escape the game. But the APD can cap it, and for that, continue your line of work. As for the cliques and that sort of thing, it's unfortunate, but the game feeds that part of us as well. The guild system. In order to do as you say, we have to fight many things that the game gives us."  Leaning back with his arms crossed, he looked to the side, very unsure about their odds if they did such a thing.

I nod my head slowly at that as i listen to the man taking in the advice that i can get from him as i try to formulate something that could maybe work, but also would be something that i had actively tried to deny as a solution to fix those whole issue. Though at the sametime the solution had so many flaws and ways it could fall apart it wasn't even that funny to think about. Remembering quite well the ending note between Hirru and Macradon. 'Just because people can be in the same guild doesn't mean they have to like each other. Eventually that plan would fail horribly.' I think to myself as i glance down at the table as my mind just spins and turns as it tries to think of some kind of response to continue the discussion without bringing something up that could have inherent at first glance flaws. I. I don't think their is a way to beat these cliques Sey. No matter what solution i start trying to think of i can already see the flaws of how it would also at the same time create a system in which it would only perpetuate more distrust among others. The first thought was a singular guild thing, but that has flaws since nobody is required to like each other even if they're in the same guild and wouldn't stop differentiating thoughts from occurring. Then came the thought of trying to recreate some kind of body of government but that just means political parties and that is..i don't even need to explain that one to you.

"You are catching onto my point quite well. There is no universal answer for handling people, because everyone is too different and it only takes one person to completely ruin the peace. To find that solution would be difficult. Yet at the same time, the game that divides us creates it's own incentive for us to continue progressing." Sey would explain, knowing full well that Hestia was not one to think in this form of way with what he was say next. She was too pure to think of this sort of thing, since it fell well into manipulation. "First of all, you need influence through power. You're doing quite well in that it seems. But make sure your numbers are so high that you are unable to be touched. Next, you need to feed off of that greed. If you push people into wanting more power, you are able to create a chaotic fighting force that clears forces fast. How do you do that? Simple, you simply let the players do what they do best. They will eventually come around, for that sweet sweet sweet last-hit reward will soon be theirs as long as they do."

The sensation could only be described as being thrown into the coldest waters of the antartic as my gaze falls upon Sey as my mind tries to process what he is saying. Trying to find some way to interpret it in the way of having it make sense without falling into the realm of something that i am not comfortable with doing to anybody. To fit it into something that i find morally right and not something that i had a personal hand in trying to stop from happening in terms of the way to go about things. Though in the end no trail is found and i am left with feeling and knowing what Sey is talking about and left with a sense of disgust being the predominant emotion coming about as i shake my head. I'd rather not go to such lengths Sey as to do that kind of thing. I would rather try to find a way that could maybe work through methods that won't involve just..what you are trying to tell me might be the solution. It's just terrible. I'll figure my own way i think. I'll just try to be the role model something for others to follow and believe in. I don't care for last hits, and i'll try to bestow that logic unto those who haven't joined yet so that when they do they'll have the right mentality at the very least. I say in a rather calm tone of voice, but my entire body language is just one of being on edge and anxious.

"A beacon of hope. Would be interesting to see." Sey explained, though his lips were neutral as he looked to her. It seems she wasn't going to be taking his advice, which is something he expected. It was like he said, she was just too pure to be using such a method. That was why it would never cross her mind. "But I think the current progress and results of the floor bosses as of recently has been speaking a lot more than words. Afraid to break it to you, gamer, but your method sounds quite worse if the numbers and politics speak anything in the mind of a businessman."  He leaned back and said those things casually, for there were no lives being thrown into the fire with his method as long as people played the game. "But if you do insist on taking up such a method for... Whatever reason... I would suggest you demonstrate something. What makes you better than the rest of us plebs? Once you manage to get that answer, show it to us. You'll obtain a platform, then you can influence that way while the eyes are on you. But even I can't figure out how answer that question."

'What do i have that is better than the others?' The words being something that i would never think to myself in a million years. While i do seek to become the best, but to decide to have something that is better than all the others within the game when it came down towards logic was something i would never think of to try and overcome this task. To claim of being better than everybody else in following this stupid video game mechanics is one that speaks of arrogance or a lot of self confidence that would even than be bordering that arrogance. 'Though i guess the best leaders in military also had the same idea of what made them better than their counterparts and that is how they inspired others to follow them by demonstrating to others their prowess. I think that is how that worked it would make sense if it fell in line with what Sey said.' I think to myself as no words leave my mouth as i become lost in thought as i just stare off into space as i look down at the table while doing so.

He watched as the poor thing was lost in her own thoughts. Maybe she was thinking about what she had that was better than the others and drawing a blank? Perhaps she was going to justify her beliefs and why they would beat his methods? Nothing. Just a blank stare that seemed lost from this world, which definitely did not look good for one who wanted to stand above the rest. But they were relaxing, could he really hold that against her? "I take your silence as a ponder upon something. But this isn't something that you need to figure out now. It will be a while before we head up towards the next floor boss anyways, so there really is no rush in obtain an answer. Though perhaps bringing something of hope in a fight would help your case quite a bit." Sey then took a sip back as his half closed eyes would look over to her calmly, giving little to go off with his face that gave little emotion. What was going on inside that head?

I nod my head slightly as i than look towards the white haired man as i think on the words of a tank. People view things from different perspectives. One may view hope as the other views it as stupidity. My ways and how i do things are that of a human trying their best to make things right and better. I fail and fall into the simple lines of emotions and actions that aren't of a respected leader but of someone with pride. That is being human though and initially when i thought of theme for my armor i once thought of going with a angel theme. I say with a small smile at the thought as i try to imagine myself in armor that has something akin to possibly metallic wings towards its designs as i chuckle at the very thought of something like that. In the end i went greek though since i think it made more sense for me. Though about your thing of hope i want to do something that will be able to inspire hope. i guess if i do that though it'll only be a thing of waiting to see how that plays out. I say with a small shrug not being all knowing of the next floor boss and what could occur to allow me an opportunity to do such a thing or what would the ramifications could be. Just knowing that Sey does have a point that i don't need to worry too much about that now. This is meant to be a time to destress from the politics.

"Hope is the absence of despair. Despair with when all hope is gone. This sounds familiar, though to retain order would go against a certain law. Everything eventually becomes chaotic or something like that. The Greeks were the authors of rhetoric, so speaking could fit your theme quite well. To use your words would also be of great benefit to you." Sey explained before he placed his hands in his pockets. This was during a time where speaking in such a way was an art and everyone mindlessly followed the leaders like sheep. No one was able to argue and only one person was able to make all the choices. They were a long way from that point these days and he could not be any happier about that. "If you want hope, you need to feed into the common goal of most of us. We all have families that we want to return to, right? If not, pets. If not that we have to keep fighting, for we are nothing but numbers in a machine that could give up and kill us all in it. Something universal to keep us fighting. At least that could help your case."

I take a drink from my hot cocoa as i listen to Sey as i nod my head and smile a bit as i listen to his words and look him in the eyes. You know Sey with how you speak to me i wonder how well you would do as like a vice president kind of person, or a advisor you know? Somebody people could turn to and than just speak towards and get a opinion and different perspective on things to better understand all this, and it doesn't hurt your case that you seem to know debate as well as philosophy so having you would definitely help one develop such skills. I say towards the man with a genuine smile as i compliment him. Not doing any sugarcoating or trying to just compliment him for the sake of trying to get on his good side. Genuinely speaking each word from the heart as i take another drink of the hot cocoa as i than glance up for a moment and than back towards the man. So to switch gears for the moment. How ready do you think you could be for the frontlines, and i guess another question would be if you even would want to join said frontlines? I ask Sey curiously.

"It would definitely be interesting to have a role like that. Not sure how well I would do, but I could absolutely be real if needed. I worked my way through business plenty of times, so maybe I might get lucky enough to have such a thing. Appreciate the compliment, it does wonders for an ego, especially from a woman who boasts talent naturally without saying a single word." Look at them, they were equals now. One of them was once stronger, now they stood on such equal terms with their own morals, and they still came together at the end of the day. Maybe Hestia did have a shot at obtaining hope for the game, she knew how to treat others with a different viewpoint. And in the world of business, that was a beautiful thing for him to see. "I'll be real with you. I would love to be apart of the frontlines. However, I have never been apart of the floor boss raids before. It will be completely new for me if I do it. And I'm just another damage dealer at the end of the day."

I shake my head no towards the white haired man as i look at him with a serious look in my eyes. I don't like to hear that kinda bull from people when they say they are just another number. We may be trapped in the game, but you are at the end of the day another person whose trapped within this game. We aren't numbers we are people. We aren't roles we have morals and ideals. You aren't just a thing i can throw at a boss, you are a person with a soul whom i will make sure to defend with all my life if you are placed in my group. Lastly, you aren't just bits of data you are a human and more importantly my friend Sey don't you forget this. I say towards him as i stare him down while looking him in the eyes having had to deal with hearing that term way to many times by now from another person who i have held dear. Though at that time having had nothing to say in reply to that from other topics having been placed over in precedence due to the nature of the conversation that was taking place. My mind than processes the first half as a small blush comes over my face as i rub the back of my neck and look towards the size as i let out a small cough. Umm..thanks for the compliment by the way. i say softly and in a embarrassed tone of voice.

He smiled in when her face of determination and care was directed towards him. How sweet of her to care so much for him, but under his own would be an equal level of hope and care for the girl in front of him. "Preaching to the choir, Hestia. But the administrators who run this game think quite differently. Do you think they would hesitate to unplug the game whenever they so choose to do it? If you want to demonstrate something, demonstrate to them. Perhaps then we will obtain some mercy from the ones that run our lives. For they labeled us from the beginning. 10,000 to be precise, already they labeled us from the start." And he wondered if she dared object. If they were not a number in the ones that matter when it came to their lives, did they have value? If so, how come it was so easy to die in such a hellish game? Though he couldn't help but stop thinking of such a thing when he saw her fluster at his compliment, a slight chuckle coming from his lips. "I only speak the truth, love. And the truth suggests that you are indeed a very talented woman."

Labels are also bull short and simple. I say towards the man without any hesitation as i look towards Sey. Labels imply that you can fit seemingly into this nice little box that can seemingly define all your traits. That can define your past, your emotions, how you will feel think and see the world around you. Labels don't accurately describe an individual and how they are as a person or how they feel or think. If the administrators see us as numbers than F**** them. We are our own people and if they felt like unplugging the game then. It would be a bad death to go out on honestly, but i think i would find contentment in it happening. I did my job and i did my task during my stay within this game. I protected my little sister as much as i could in the real world, and i protected all who have become my friend in this game with my life. That means i did my job and i would welcome death and i'm certain that depending on how unplugging the game would work i think we could work towards the idea of just spending every moment we can together. Go out on one last hurrah type of deal. I say with a smile not seeming perturbed by anything i had just said as i finish the last of my hot cocoa as i look towards the man with a small shrug of my shoulders.