[PP-F4] Black and White

"It is a delusion they have made for themselves to live comfortably. But if they don't make the mistake of unplugging our existences out of the game, then we will continue to fight for our freedom. One floor boss at a time, which is why the frontlines does possess an interest for me." Sey explained with a smaller smile, content with whatever did happen. Hestia said she would be content with death if she did all to prevent it, which was interesting since that would make her death pointless. Did she believe in the life flashing behind your eyes theory? Regardless, how could he take her hope away when she was correct? "A final hurrah? Surely things couldn't be so simple. And yet here I am wanting to believe your words. They would justify my desire to assist the players up front. So... Though it is far from logical in any sense of the word, I'm going to go with a leap of faith and agree with your theory. Maybe it would do me some good."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chuckle a bit at his words and just nod my head to him. They might be illogical but sometimes decisions are made with a leap of faith with obviously mixed results.i say with a shrug and a small chuckle. So Sey what you want to do now? I ask him curiously as i glance outside into the snowy weather that this floor constantly generates seemingly and than back towards the man that i am talking to. By the way Sey if you don't mind me asking something real quick. How much do you know of Aincrad's past? Like what is the first floor boss that you can remember hearing about? I ask curiously towards the white haired man and having the smallest bit of hope that he might know a bit more than some others. Having heard from people like Hikouru of some specific events, and it has most definitely provided a different perspective. Though the idea of learning more from something before them is something i can't help but be a bit excited about if it is possible.

"Well this chat is something fun in itself. I can keep talking all day if you can, there is plenty in the game after all." He answered, though he was unsure if Hestia had other things to do as of currently. It would take a while before he hopped back into the grinding scene, but he had the strength to justify that sort of thing for now. Hestia then took the liberty to ask about the last floor boss he knew about. That sort of information was weird, since he did not really know much about the floor bosses in general. "I don't think you'll get much of a clear answer from me. But there are patches in the game that are made from incidents. I don't know the specifics, but you may remember that the numbers were not as high as they are now. I suspect the health got boosted over the damage numbers by a long-shot thanks to an incident in the game. Players went inside of a boss, lesser came right out. Either the boss wiped them out, but more likely... Something had to get patched thanks to something a player did."

Thinking through the information that i know about the only thing that possibly comes up is the possibility of the only floor boss where a player had caused quite a stir that caused the death of the frontlines greatest members at that time. Though sadly the number on which this occurred is still out of my reach, but knowing the possible event. When you say a certain player did something. Might that be Oikawa, and Opal? I heard that they killed some people from a guild that was called the Azure Brigade. Members being Zelirus and Ssendom. I ask Sey curiously as i look at him doing my best to keep my analyzing as discreet as i can to see if there is any sort of reaction from saying such names or any signs of lying that could follow after. Since knowing at the very least a general timeline of when Sey joined in on fighting for his freedom would be interesting to know at the very least. 'That way i can avoid asking him any redundant questions that wouldn't pertain to things he wouldn't know.' I think to myself as i wait patiently for a answer.

Sey shrugged his shoulders, poor Hestia was batting at things he didn't know. All he heard was hearsay, he wasn't exactly caught up in the game's politics and this was the first he heard of the names. She obtained the correct information, but there was no way for Sey to confirm it. So he had to be honest, he couldn't pretend and hope to keep up such a lie. Why would he? "That sounds like it, but I am unable to confirm it. Unfortunately, if you want a sure weakness of mine, it's floor bosses. I know so little about them and I've never participated in them. As a result, I only really know that you can only try them once and that they have the sweet and desirable last hit reward. Though I am interested, would such knowledge help you?" The snow-haired played asked as he leaned back, tipping his pointer finger on the edge of the cup he had, letting it circle around the edge while his eyes looked up to the girl.

I just grin to him as he asks me the rather simple question as i look him in the eyes. It won't help me, but it'll help us all as a whole possibly. 10,000 as you said entered this game. How many do we have left though after spending so many years in this game? how many are stuck in the town of beginnings to scared to do anything? How many people have died and just been forgotten? I'm certain people don't really remember Itzal's friend Birdie who i think was the most recent jumper alongside Eatos the friend of Stryder the guild leader of the Guardians of the New Dawn. Their stories are what i want to try and preserve. Everyone has a story, and everyone has a reason for doing what they do. I want to write the story of Aincrad. To write as a way to make sure that people don't forget that we were people who were stuck in this game. Kids, teenager,s adults all stuck in this world. Some will thrive here, others get cases of depression, and probably multiple other mental disorders. Others delusion themselves that this isn't a actual death game. For those who die or disappear we shouldn't forget about them but write their story down and that is what i want, and why i try to learn as much as i can about former events and people. I say honestly towards Sey not having any reason to hide much from the man.

"The story of Aincrad. An interesting idea, so that would make you an author then. If so, then I can't wait to see how you publish it, it could sell quite well. But that's besides the point, because if it sells well, that means more stories. But unfortunately, I am unable to provide much when it comes to politics. Again, I'm quite lost on the setting of the game and my memory is not the best thanks to being gone from the game for so long. But if it is of any hope to you, I could attempt to do some digging." Digging for information would be an interesting way to go about this for a mere story, but he could enjoy a bit of the financial pie in real life if he ever got out of the game to meet her. Come on, money made the world go round. Love? Nah, he was sure it was money. But regardless, he couldn't help but wonder what Hestia gained from him. "I can tell you what I know, but I don't think I'll be fortunate enough to enlighten you with white lies. Would be kind of cruel to do that to a friend."

I'll do my best to publish the story of the struggles of us from when we were trapped in this game. Any information is appreciated Sey, and that does include information about yourself that you would want published into the story of Aincrad. Since while you say you arne't part of the frontlines you are just as much a person who is trapped within Aincrad and thus a person that is worth writing down their story. I say towards him with a smile on my face as i than open up my inventory and take out two things a writing utensil and a notebook as i open up the book and flips open towards a fresh page as i look towards him with a smile and myself ready and willing to write down anything that could be written down for others to know. Which would than most definitely be written down more neatly and orderly in another notebook once a more stable conclusion to everything had been written. Afterall they are only barely a fourth of the way through the game. There is much still to happen. New people could appear, new events could occur, new things to write down about people. Thus i already know that whatever i write down now for Sey's entry or for whatever he is willing to tell me will be categorized further later.

"I appreciate it, but it is the victors that get to write history, is it not? In that case, I'm not going to drop the frontlines, I'll find my way back into them one way or another. Despite the politics and drama that comes with, I think I should have an easier time being indifferent as long as I am alive and the boss monster is dead. But if I don't get the chance to fight the boss floor, then perhaps I could be known for my rhetoric, many people can make quite a living with words instead of violence." Sey explained calmly as he pressed his hand against his fist, which had his elbow pressing against the table. How nice of her to write a book for the survivors of Aincrad, though that must mean that she would have to survive as well. It did give him an incentive to protect her, but something told him that she could handle herself quite fine without him. "I don't know what to do next I'm afraid. It is difficult without guidance, but it's not like our parents are here to hold our hands."

We were meant to grow up to be adults eventually Sey. The game just made us become that faster than what any of us would have wanted. Now we are the adults that decide our own fates. If anything it is the children who are trapped in this game that i am truly sorry for since i don't know how many people are willing to try and care for them all and give them the attention that they need. Though from here we can call it a nice lunch that we had for a moment since i know for at least myself i have quite a few more things to think on due to this conversation, and how i can try to best apply them to what we're facing off against. In the sense of as a player to try and better the frontlines from what is currently, and in the sense of the actual floor bosses that we will be facing and how to prep against it. Which is another story entirely since their is always so much more than what meets the idea when it comes to those things.I say with a small sigh remembering the fights with varying degrees from the two that i had been in. The first having been straight forward, and the second having been what we predicted, but at the cost of the AIs causing to many unpredictable variables.

"I'm glad I was able to give you something to reflect on." Sey replied as he smiled towards her calmly, looking to see if there was anything he could pick from he explanation. It seems that there was a lot of mental gymnastics to go through, considering she created a whole police department along with a whole unit of players to keep in check. Did all that weight really fall onto the shoulders of one poor girl? Unfortunately, that seemed to be the case. "Well at least you could take it easy today. You sound like you are Atlas with the world on your shoulders. And I would hope not, that high strength stat of yours can't carry the weight of trash like me." Sey explained with a jesting quip at the end. It would be funny to go back home and find a picture of Hestia, crop her head onto an image of Atlas holding the entire earth. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the thought, it was just so silly and entertaining. Was he a child? Please, he just became an adult.