[SP-F2] Blaze of Glory (Earning a Living)

The small goblin nodded and pulled on Shade's pant-leg. "Yes. Come. We talk, then I tell you of making shiny rock. Come. Come." Shade followed along as the goblin talked of how forging metal could be done, and where most metals could be found. It was difficult to understand, but Shade was able to retain most of what he was being told. "So when can I actually start forging? You had better not wasting my time, old man."

The goblin gulped and patted Shade's leg. "Soon! Soon! Patience, be calm. Armor, needs shiny rock. With no Shiny rock, no armor." Shade raised an eyebrow and looked at the goblin. "What? Certainly you have enough metal for me to forge with. Hell, there's enough metal in this forge to last a life-time and then some." The goblin sighed and walked with Shade. "Calm! Calm! Our metal, is no no good for you. Tribe-kin needs this metal to live. You, you big. Puny metal is not for you. You need strong metal. Metal worthy of you!

Shade crossed his arms and looked down at the goblin. "Oh? you've peeked my interest, continue." The goblin nodded and led Shade to a large mural, showing some sort of golem with dead goblins all around it. "Golem, kill tribe-kin. You, kill golem. And take all his rock." Shade nodded and looked at the golem. Clearly, if the goblin's metal couldn't dent this thing, than it must have been made of something sturdy.

Shade nodded. A quest appeared on his map and he clicked <>. Shade's crimson eyes became hued with yellow and green as he saw the way to the golem. "I'll be back soon. I have every expectation that the forge will be ready on my return." And with that, Shade walked off.

As Shade scaled the mountain, small trickles of snow began to flutter in the wind. Snow flakes speckled Shade's hair as he climbed while Burner began to radiate heat, attempting to keep his master warm during the climb. As Shade reached the top, a large golem, made of sleek red metal turned and looked at Shade. It's clear, white crystal eyes staring him down as Shade reached the summit.

Shade drew his cutlass and held it upside down, gripping it until his knuckles turned white. "Alright, monster. Now's the time you die!" The monster made a slight laughing motion, making Shade growl and grip his cutlass harder. "Die!" He yelled, running at the monster just as it's health and name appeared. <>.

Shade walked back to the mine, his jacket had rips which were mending and sweat moistened his face. "I've got your god-forsaken material right here. Now, teach me how to be a blacksmith before a but a dent in this mountain's population." He growled, not caring about 'Nicies' Anymore. "Yes! Yes! Please, calm!" The elder goblin said, as he took Shade back to the forge to teach him how to become a blacksmith.

-Complete-