[SP/F2] <<The Venomous Warg>>

Spoiler

<<The Venomous Warg>>
Party Limit: 2 | 20+ Posts
Recommended Level: 10
Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

Rewards:

• <<Venom Snapper>> last-hit item drop
  • Each player receives:
    • 1 Additional SP
    • 500 Col
    • (4) T1 Crafting Materials

Objectives:

• Defeat 3 <<Wolves>>
  • Defeat <<Venom Snapper>>
  • Return to Gatsly the merchant to receive reward.

Summary:

Untitled-1.png

You spot a merchant sitting in the corner of a pub in the heart of Urbus. As you approach, he coughs and gives you a pleading look.

"You come for the bill I posted? I am Gatsly. I work as a merchant, making just enough to support me and my family, but lately all of my supply caravans have been destroyed or chased away by a ferocious beast." He looks down at the floor, "I don't have much, but if you could slay the beast, I would pay you."

Should you accept, Gatsly marks the coordinates on your map and tells you that the beast is a mutated, venomous wolf, deadlier than any other in the forest. He hands you a vial of green liquid and instructs you to drink it if you find yourself poisoned.

Outline:

Before embarking on the quest, each player receives one <<Antidote>> from Gatsly:

<<Antidote>>

Item Type: Potion

Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Reduces the duration of a single Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect by one turn. If used out of combat, reduces the duration of the next Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect that would affect you by one turn.
Description: An alchemic concoction of herbs designed to reduce the duration of damaging or impairing status effects.

Players must explore the forest outside of Urbus for the <<Venom Snapper>> and its wolf pack. Parties of two players will fight all 3 <<Wolves>> and the <<Venom Snapper>> simultaneously. Solo players may choose to spawn each monster separately. When the <<Venom Snapper>> and <<Wolves>> attack, each use the MD result of separate rolls.

Ffxii-thextera.jpg

<<Venom Snapper>> Stats

HP: 150
DMG: 35
Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50
EVA: 1

• Venomous Bite: Natural MD of 9-10 poisons the target, dealing 10 unmitigatable damage at the start of their turn for 3 turns.

• Feral Strike: Every time a <<Wolf>> is slain, <<Venom Snapper>>’s next attack becomes AoE. This ability can stack (if 2 wolves die at the same time, <<Venom Snapper>>’s next 2 attacks become AoE). “Venomous Bite” can still trigger on AoE attacks.

• Player who deals the killing blow receives (1) <<Venom Vial>>:

<<Venom Vial>>

Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: On a natural BD roll of 9-10, deals 10 unmitigatable DMG for 4 turns. Lasts one thread.
Description: A vial of toxic venom retrieved from the drippings of a <<Venom Snapper>>'s teeth. Takes a post action to apply to a weapon.

Wolf-ffxii.png

<<Wolf>> Stats

HP: 40
DMG: 25

Once the beasts have been slain, return to Gatsly in Urbus and show him the <<Venom Vial>> to claim your rewards.

Wolf-ffxii.png

Ffxii-thextera.jpg

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 15 / HP:  300/300 / EN:  30/30 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

(Shield) Thorns (1)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2 Slots
Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) (9) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

9 DMG - Thorns

(Shield) Paralyze (1)
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

(Heavy Armor) Recovery (1)
Effect: Regain (1 per slot * Tier) (1) additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Adamantine Pauldrons

Mithril Battle Axe

Shield of the Thunderhearts

BATTLE READY ITEMS:

1) (2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (Uncommon - 40 HP)

2) (2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (Uncommon - 40 HP)

3)

4)

5)

Alec awoke and stretched. "Wait....what?!?" Alec thought as he stretched out, something wasn't right here. Alec cracked an eye open to see what was wrong. "Where the heck am I?" Alec thought as he tried to get his bearings looking around. This seemed to be his room but it didn't look right. Why was the ceiling so far away? Why hadn't his bed creaked when he'd stretched like it always did and why the heck was it so dang hard. Then he heard the tell take creak from his bed....but.....wait....why had it come from beside him? Alec turned his head and saw a large furry paw hanging down next to his head. What?!? Why was he on the floor?!? And why was Humphrey in his bed?!?? What was going on here?!? At some point in the night that darn Humphrey must have climbed into bed and pushed him out? How had he not woken up for that? He must have been a lot more tired than he'd thought last night.

Edited by Alec
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alec shook his head and shrugged laying flat on the hardwood floor if his tiny room. Today was the day he ventured out and started looking for quests on the Second Floor. He'd expended all the quests on the First Floor and was time to Branch out start looking on the second. Alec wasn't even sure what the Second Floor looked like. He'd never gone there, not till today that was. Alec stood up and stretched. Huh? Maybe there was something to this sleeping on the floor thing. Though he did fill sore from the hardwood his muscles didn't feel cramped like they usually did when he woke up in the tiny bed. Maybe he'd have to look into getting a mattress and just tossing it on the floor from now on. As Alec stood he smacked Humphrey with the back if his hand "Hey Humphrey wake sleepy head." The bear cub responded with an annoyed grumble of a growl and rolled over.

"Oh no you don't." Alec said in a stern playful voice. "First you kick me out if my own bed then you think you're going to sleep in?! Not on my watch Sir!" Alec continued raising his voice as he began to pull and prod at the bear cub as it grumbled and turned trying to get away from its tormentor. "You're getting up and you're going with me to the Second Floor to see what its got offer and I've had enough lip out if you." Alec said his voice raising throughout the whole ordeal. Finally Humphrey had had enough of the torment and he let out a loud growl and rolled over diving at Alec and catching him full in the chest.  Alec was forced to take a step back from the impact before he drove forward grabbing a hold of the bear cub and beginning to wrestle with him.

"Come on Humphrey." Alec goaded the bear cub. "I thought you were supposed to he tough. I thought I had a big strong black bear as a friend and traveling companion not some BIG.....SOFT......SQUISHY.....OVER STUFFED......TEDDY BEAR!!" Alec finished straining as he flipped the bear over slamming it to hardwood floor of his tiny room. The bear let out a loud growl of reproach as it rolled over and came at Alec driving him into the wooden door and frame of his rented room with a loud SMASH and a dangerously loud CREAK from the wooden door. By now Alec was roaring with full blown full body laughter at the fun he and Humphrey were having wrestling around the tiny room. The pair rebounded off the door and frame and came crashing down in giant pile of man and bear bodies on the rooms small bed which responded with a deafening CRACK as some portion of the beds wooden frame finally gave way for good. "Oh boy......we've......done it.....now." Alec managed to squeeze out between gulping for air and gasping for breath between fitful gales of laughter that over took his whole body as the pair came to rest amid the Carnage their wrestling rampage had caused.

When Alec had finally regained his breath and his composure from the uncontrolled laughing fit that had over taken him in response to the wreckage the pair had caused in their morning reverie he dislodged himself from the tangle of man and bear limbs. As Alec was untangling himself and standing he felt a very large paw touch him in the back and suddenly shove him mightily causing him to careen and pin wheel across the room to smash into the wall beside the door and slip down to a sitting position where the uncontrolled laughing fit from earlier reared its head and over took him again as Alec gasped for breath and fought a loosing Battle to gain control over the uncontrollable full body laughter. "Fair....enough." Alec forced out between peels of laughter. "Guess I might have deserved that." he finished finally gaining control of his breathing and laughter.

Edited by Alec

As Alec's laughter finally subsided he stood up and stretched his body out felling better physically than he had on any other morning since waking here trapped within this digital word. Alec looked around surveying the damage he and Humphrey had caused and smiled. It was good to lose yourself once in a while and just simply cut loose. With a sigh Alec reached out and performed a quick downward swipe that opened his inventory. Alec tapped the icon for his brown woolen pants and they blinked into reality on the lower half of his body. Then he poked the icon for his sturdy brown boots causing them to blink into "reality" on his feet and finally he tapped his bear skin shoulder wrap and tapped its icon causing it to appear wrapped around his shoulders. Alec ran both his hands through his thick salt and pepper beard and over his bald head.

Alec looked over to his friend and travelling companion Humphrey. "Well you about ready to get out of bed yet?" Alec asked of the American Black bear cub who was currently sprawled out amidst the rabble had at one time been Alec bed. The bear cub gave grumbly growl that took Alec aback for an instant as Alec was sure he had just picked a note of sarcasm in it. Alec stared jaw agape for a moment as he contemplated the world wide ramifications of a sarcastic bear cub. Lord help us Alec intoned to himself as the thought passed through him. Meanwhile Humphrey did a backward roll off the wreckage that had so recently been a bed and came up on all fours giving himsrlf a mild full body shake as he looked to Alec for direction or guidance. Alec looked at his friend and companion and gave him a warm heart felt smile of appreciation and caring.

With both friends now ready to venture out into Aincrad Alec reached out his large hand and wrapped it around the door handle to his rooms door turning the knob and pulling the door open. Alec stood aside and let his friend and companion Humphrey softly pad into the hallway first and then Alec followed him into the hallway closing the door to the room behind them. Alec's booted footsteps made heavy hollow thuds as he fell into step behind Humphrey as the bear cub passed softly down the hallway leading to the stairway. As the pair descended the cramped narrow stairway Alec continued to thump heavily behind Humphrey as they made their way down the cramped stairway to the Inn's common room. Alec and Humphrey emerged from the tiny stairway and entered the Inn's common room and stopped looking around the interior at the occupants seated at various wooden tables eating their morning meals.

Alec thumped heavily across the Inn's common room harwood floor to an empty wooden table and slid the wooden chair out that was placed at the table. The chair let out a loud SCRATCH is Alec drug the wooden chair legs across the hardwood floor pulling it out. As Alec lowered his massive frame slowly on to the wooden chair it protested with a threatening CREAK as Alec settled his oversized body into the small rickety (in Alec's opinion) wooden chair and seated himself at the empty wooden table. Humphrey padded over and laid down on the hardwood floor next to Alec and his table. When the Innkeeper arrived Alec ordered his standard breakfast and sat patiently waiting for the Innkeeper to return with it. When his food arrived Alec shoveled it down hungrily and then sat and sipped his coffee happily as he thought about what his day would hold for him.

When Alec and Humphrey had finished their breakfasts and Alec had finished enjoying his morning cup of coffee Alec stood up sliding his chair back from the table and receiving an audible warning CREAK as he shifted his weight on the wooden chair before the chair announced its movement to all in the room with a loud SCRATCH as the wooden legs if the chair scraped across the hardwood floor. Alec placed the chair back under the table and began to stride with heavy reverberating footfalls across the Inn's common room in the direction of the door which opened on to one the Town of Beginnings many busy streets. Alec looked forward to what lay ahead as he gripped the door knob in his large fist opening the door and exiting the Inn and entering the bustling streets of the Town of Beginnings. Alec had a destination in mind today and that destination was the teleporter. He was headed for Floor Two today to continue his journey.

Edited by Alec

Alec and Humphrey fell into easy step beside each other as they passed through the streets of the the Town of Beginnings on their way to the teleporter within the First Floor town. As they walked Alec looked down to his friend and companion Humphrey the American Black Bear cub. He reached down and absently scratched the bear cub on the back of his neck and behind his ears as Alec found himself doing when he was lost in thought or contemplating. Alec had much to think about today he was headed to continue his journey to become a Front Lines Tank and Battle Healer. But first he had to get stronger and more skilled today he was taking a bug step in that direction by leaving the First Floor and beginning his search for more quests on the Second Floor. Alec passed through the Town of Beginnings list in thought before his feet stopped moving and looked up blinking realizing he was now standing in front of the transporter pad.

As Alec still before the transporter pad he took a deep breath to help calm himself and relax. This was a huge step. He spent his entire time that he'd been stuck here in Aincrad on the First Floor and most of that until only recently withing the Town of Beginnings. This next step signified and solidified his future. If he took this next step forward he was setting on the path to continued levelling and hopefully one day a spot on the Front Lines Raid Team. If he turned around he could go back to his Inn with his tiny room and his tiny bed and live out his life in safety and anonymity. Alec took another deep calming breath and with his eyes closed he stepped forward and said the word that would send him on his path to the future. "Urbus." There was a blinding flash of light that Alec saw through his closed eyelids and when they darkened he opened his eyes and gazed in wonder at his new surroundings.

Alec opened his eyes to his new surroundings and beheld the floors main settlement, known as Urbus. The Town was approximately three hundred meter across and was situated in the middle of a large crater. The settlement appeared to be designed after old Medieval Europe, with most of its buildings being made of wattle and daub, along with some stone, that rarely exceed two stories. The main roads appeared to be cobbled, with the remainder of the smaller roads and alleys simply being flagstone, loose gravel, or even simple dirt. Being the main settlement of the floor Alec had to assume it would provide a plethora of commodities, including numerous inns and a large marketplace. Alec looked around and nodded. While he was here he'd find an Inn rent a room and set himself up here. Till it was time to move on that was. "So Humphrey? What do you think?" Alec asked his companion.

Alec found himself standing in the middle of a town that that very distinct stylings resembling Europe in the Medieval era. Alec looked down to his friend and travelling companion Humphrey "Well, let's explore a little and find out what's what with our surroundings. We need to find someplace to sleep and find out our next step there's got to be some hints around it lose strings for starting a quest or two around here." With that Alec set off walking through the streets of Urbus in search of an Inn. After a short walk Alec found himself standing  the door to an Inn with a wooden sign swinging idly above the door engraved with "Bears Den". Alec chuckled to himself at the sign above the door. It had to a sign and Alec wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Alec walked inside and spoke with the Innkeeper and arranged for room and board for himself and Humphrey for the duration of their stay.

Once Alec had procured room and board for himself and his friend and companion Humphrey he walked over the bar in the common room for a short celebration in the form a frosty mug of ale. Alec eased his massive frame and great bulk on to one of the wooden stools at the bar and dropped a few Cool on it's worn but smooth surface and ordered a mug. As Alec took a long slow draw from his frosty mug savouring the rich full heady taste of the drink he heard a noise from the far end of the bar. As Alec looked over to the corner of the bar he spotted a man who looked to be a merchant by his manner of dress. The man had a pitiful look on his face as he lifted his eyes from his own drink to lock gazes with Alec coughing as he did so.

As the assumed Merchant and Alec locked gazes the man let out a cough and began to speak. "You come for the bill I posted? I am Gatsly. I work as a merchant, making just enough to support me and my family, but lately all of my supply caravans have been destroyed or chased away by a ferocious beast." He looks down at the floor, "I don't have much, but if you could slay the beast, I would pay you."

Alec stared at the Merchant Gatsly for a moment as realization set it. In the act of something as simple as finding a room for himself and Humphrey Alec had stumbled upon his next quest. It seemed that Alec's journey and path were beginning to come closer and faster the farther he progressed down it. Alec let a smile crawl onto his face as he kept his eyes locked with those  of the Merchant Gatsly as he lifted his mug and taking another long slow pull from his mug of frosty cold ale.

Alec took a long slow pull from his mug of ale he kept the Merchant Gatsly's eyes locked with his own. When Alec had finished taking his drink he set his mug on the counter top and responded to the Merchant's opening statement. "So Mr. Gatsly. It seems you have a problem and my friend Humphrey here and I are in the business of helping others with solving those problems. You say your cargo shipments are being destroyed or chased away by a ferocious beast. What sort of ferocious beast are we talking about?"

The Merchant stared back at Alec with sorrow filling his eyes. "The beast's name is Venom Snapper and it's a creature spat directly from the bowels of Hell itself. Venom Snapper is a mutated Wolf that has taken up residence within a pack of normal wolves nearby. They attack any and all that enter their territory to the East of here." Gatsly replied.

Alec listened quietly as the Merchant Gatsly talked and told him about the creature Venom Snapper taking long slow drinks from his mug of ale as he listened intently to the other man speak and tell his tale to Alec. What Gatsly had finished telling Alec about Venom Snapper Alec looked down to Humphrey who pawed at Alec's leg with his large paw. Alec nodded back to the bear cub and turned his attention back to Gatsly the Merchant. "Mr Gatsly my friend and travelling companion Humphrey and I would love to help you out. You seem to be in genuine need of help and we would love to be the ones to help you out. We'll find this Venom Snapper and destroy this beast for you and return to you here when we're done. Fear not we'll handle your problem for you." Alec stated with self assured confidence as he looked Gatsly the Merchant and held out his hand offering a handshake.

Alec puts his hand forward offering a handshake to Gatsly the Merchant but before the other man takes his hand he speaks. "One more thing." he says as he reaches into his pocket he draws his hand out holding a small vial of green liquid which he holds forth and places it in Alec's hand. "Should you find yourself poisoned from the dread beast Venom Fang drink this. It is an antidote to Poison and will greatly reduced it's effects on you." Humphrey says as he places the vial in Alec's hand. Alec takes the vial and inspects the thin green liquid inside. Nodding Alec took the vial and added it to his inventory and set it in his Battle Ready Items section. With that Gatsly shook Alec's hand. "Let me see your map and I'll mark Venom Snappers last known location on it for you to help easy your search for the abominable creature." Humphrey said as Alec opened his map and offered it to the Merchant who then touched the map at the near edge of the mountain range to the East of Urbus.

Spoiler

<<Antidote>>

Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Reduces the duration of a single Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect by one turn. If used out of combat, reduces the duration of the next Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect that would affect you by one turn.
Description: An alchemic concoction of herbs designed to reduce the duration of damaging or impairing status effects.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 15 / HP:  300/300 / EN:  30/30 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

(Shield) Thorns (1)
Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) (9) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

9 DMG - Thorns

(Shield) Paralyze (1)
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot)remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

(Heavy Armor) Recovery (1)
Effect: Regain (1 per slot * Tier) (1) additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Adamantine Pauldrons

Mithril Battle Axe

Shield of the Thunderhearts

BATTLE READY ITEMS:

1) (2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (Uncommon - 40 HP)

2) (2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (Uncommon - 40 HP)

3) <<Antidote>>

4)

5)

Edited by Alec

Alec thanked Gatsly the Merchant for the Antidote and directions to find Venom Fang. Suddenly Alec heard a triumphant chime and a banner popped up in front of his vision displaying "Quest Accepted". Alec smiled at the banner and stood up from his stool at the bar and as he stood up he grabbed his mug of ale and took one last really long from his mug and set the mug down in the bar and wiped the foam from his top lip with the back of forearm. He thanked the Merchant again and turned to leave the Inn's common room. Alec's booted feet thumped and thudded heavily on the hardwood floor as he walked across the common room floor to the door of the Bears Den Inn that led to the street of Urbus beyond. Alec reached out his large hand and wrapped it around the knob of the door turning the knob and pulling the door open and stepping aside allowing Humphrey to exit the Bears Den Inn and enter the streets if Urbus. Aleve followed Humphrey into the street and closed the door behind them.