[PP-F01] Stab Stab <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>

Kirbs rubbed her eyes as she adjusted to the oh-so-bright light. "Why is it so briiiiight..." she groaned, pulling her cheeks down as she sighed childishly. She had just finished the third lessons quest and right now, she just wanted this whole chain to be over. "Just a fisherman," she mumbled, narrowing her eyes at her entangled hands. "Can't be hard. I just have to kill a bloody fish. Fish, fish, fish. Blegh," she grimaced at the thought. "I never liked seafood, gross," she grumbled, walking over to the town gate. She looked out into the vast floor and sighed, her emotions in a jumble. "Dammit, why can't I have a lazy day without wanting to Kahoot myself!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air and talking to herself like a crazy person. "I want my bloody music. Why is there no frekin' music in this stupid game? I'm gonna go bloody crazy!" She muttered hotly under her breath as she stared out the town.

@Leru

Spoiler

LVL: 13

HP: 260

EN: 260

DMG: 5

ACC: 3

EVA: 2

MIT: 24

Paralyze: 1

Edited by Kirbs

"Can you keep it down, love!? I can bloody hear your bloody Britishness from bloody miles away bloody oh God save the queen!" Leru called out from waaaaaay far away. It wasn't like he desired to be around the area, but her shouting was bound to catch his ears. And look at that, it was exactly who that voice belonged to, the redheaded queen of memes herself. The town gate held many, but only he seemed to wish to address her. Taking calm steps towards her, he would lightly chuckle at the thought of being that British that sentences like that could be said so easily.  "Hath you not desire to become a singer then? Or perhaps visit a performer? Their music is rather... New." It was easy for Leru to not understand classical forms of music. Or just random excerpts. He was more a fan of rock, though that seemed like something impossible for a game like Sword Art Online. Fortunately for her, Leru was a business boi. "Care to start a new label? Your volume could draw in crowds under the right pitch."

The girl’s ears perked at the sound of another voice yelling at her. “Oi, oi, mate!” She yelled back, “Why don’t you shut up before I shove a crumpet up your arse!” She huffed, crossing her arms with a crossed face as she watched a familiar player get closer and closer. “Oh, oh, oh. You’re Sey’s brother,” she exclaimed, snapping her fingers a few times as she thought. “Leru, was it?” She cast him a sideways glance. What was he doing here? Wasn’t he supposed to be as strong was Sey was? She shook her head and sighed, brushing the thoughts away. She shook her head quickly and scoffed. “Puh-lease, my singing sounds like a rooster that just came out of its grave,” she mumbled, pouting. “I just want my music back. From my frekin’ phone!” She exclaimed, a wave of homesickness washing over her. She slapped the back of his head with her palm, frowning. “What do you mean by that, you albino!” 

@Leru

Edited by Kirbs
  • 2 weeks later...

"Oh yeah, that's all I'm know as to you, love? I am so hurt~." Cue the dramatic sigh and fainting, Leru couldn't help but be a tease. How could he not, Kirbs was an example of what it was like to be a tease with a hyper personality. She eventually nailed the name, however. "Correct! Took you only about two minutes this time! Next time, a minute and a half, I know we can get you to a minute by the end of the week." Ayyyyy, training to have her learn his name, a good meme for him to enjoy for the moment. But it wasn't like she wouldn't do the same thing with her desire to learn secrets about everyone, planning to use heavy levels of blackmail too. More whining before she tried to smack his head, but he wasn't Sey, he would catch her palm by the wrist quite quickly. "Don't give me your germs, lass. You do  have a voice that could pierce armors if you used it well enough! Now sing in the right pitch and you might have a business~."

She rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Hurt, my arse,” she mumbled, rolling her eyes at his dramatized actions. Yup, this was definitely Sey’s brother. Maybe add a few more cups of drama and sarcasm, but she could see the resemblance almost too well. “Oh, ha-ha,” she laughed humorously but managed to give him a small smile. “As if I’d want to see you again at all,” she countered, followed by a sigh. She wasn't sure how she felt about this player. He obviously had a cocky and sarcastic personality. She wasn't sure how that fitted with her. But she felt obligated to be friends with him since he was the brother of one of the closest people she knew in this blasted game. But if Sey can tolerate him enough to not want to blow his brains out, she can too! Her eyes widened at his reaction and she pulled back her hand with a scowl. "Germs? How dare you," she gasped dramatically, her eyes fluttering closed. One of her crimson eyes opened and she frowned. "Hey, what does that mean?!"

@Leru

• 2 months later...

Kirbs mumbled a small goodbye as she watched Leru leave. How dare he leave when he just said that she had germs?! Oh, boy, the nerve of that guy. He could possibly be more of a jerk than Sey himself! Those two were pretty similar... they both annoyed the hell out of her!

She groaned and continued her journey to the lake. She had gotten distracted, again! She needed to finish this quest, too! It gave some good experience and she needed to get to the front lines! Sure, she was fine with going slow, but not like a bloody slug! This quest will probably be done before it even begins anyway! Yeah, she waited a bit too long for this quest. But she couldn't help it! It was just in her nature to procrastinate. Both in the real world and in this world of ones and zeroes! Procrastinating was her thang! 

Kirbs huffed as she finally arrived at the big lake. She grabbed the fishing pole out of his hand and stepped on to his boat with a grin. "I already know all about this from a friend of mine. So just lay back and relax, old man!" The redhead explained, using her foot to push off the dock. There was no paddle, but she knew that finding this swordfish or whatever won't be so hard! Plus, why the hell would you find a swordfish in a lake? Don't they live in the ocean? She sighed, massaging the bridge of her nose. Didn't Kayaba do any research for this damn quest? Like, really! It wasn't hard to find a fish that lived in freshwater! Like a giant arse bass or something! She gripped the fishing rod in her right arm and smiled widely. It's been forever since she's been fishing and this seemed like a good way to get started again!

Kirbs sat with her feet dangling over the boat, her line cast and her face blank. What was she really doing her? She sighed, using her free hand to push up her bangs. Did she really have a purpose in this game? It was to make it to the front lines, right? She thought about what she told that other player the other day. It was so she could be useful, right? 

Wrong.

So, so wrong.

She didn't know what she wanted. That answer is what people wanted to hear, right? People believe her more if she made a more justified answer, right? 

Kirbs' bottom lip trembled as she thought about getting rejected, again. Especially in a world where the people held so many of the same qualities as her! She was about to let out another long sigh until she felt something tug on the fishing line. Kirbs let out a small squeak as she tugged back on the fishing rod. Whatever was below her tugged back even harder. She stood up and backed down the boat, pulling on the fishing rod with all of her might. A few seconds later, all the tension on the rod  was let loose and a big arse fish jumped out of the water. Well, that was easy!

ID: 119236

CD: 11, Successfully fished up Swordfish!

Kirbs let out a shriek as the swordfish sprang into the air.

Holy moly, that fish was frekin' ginormous! 

She sighed in irritation and brought her spear, still keeping her fishing rod in her right hand. She quickly activated her sword art and sprung into the air. She delivered a few blows and kicks to the fish, giggling slightly as she watched it's HP bar drain to nothingness. With one last kick, she hurled it into the center of the boat. Unlike other mobs she's killed, it didn't completely disappear, into shards, but she guessed that was part of the quest.

She sighed in relief when it's movements ceased and mentally applauded herself fro getting such a giant fish. Oh ho-ho- Old Man Pete is going to love this! Kirbs grinned happily and placed the spear back in her own inventory. It certainly wasn't an eventful quest but it did have some fun in it. Like, literally, she just caught a big arse fish with a measly fishing rod!

ID: 119237

BD: 4+2=6

<<Dancing Spear>> on Swordfish

8x8= 48 DMG

35-48= 0 HP

Kirbs yelled a triumphic screech as her boat drifted slowly into the dock. "Here's your damn fish!" She screeched, throwing the fish at Pete's face. "Okay, bye, Pete! Don't ask why I know your name but I just do!" She gave him a thumbs up and rushed out of the area. 

She was free! Free from that blasted quest line. Forever! Hooray for her! Kirbs let out a happy scream as she hopped back into town. A few looks of random strangers told her to tone down just a tiny bit, though! She laughed nervously a couple times before tucking her head down. She shoved her hands in her pockets and whistled a couple of happy notes. What was she going to do today? So many choices! She could go hunting again. She could go gathering! Oh, so many things! Perhaps she could go exploring the town? She hasn't really explored the Town of Beginnings very well. 

She didn't know why she was here. But she eventually found herself in an unfamiliar place-- right in front of the Monument of Life, in fact. It kind of saddened her that she has never once checked this place before. She hasn't even come to respect the thousands of lives lost in this game. Her fingers trailed across the thousands of crossed out names on the stone tablet. She sighed as she backed away from the large stone. 

There were too many.

Far too many.

How lucky was she? She was one of the few thousand people who have actually survived the game so far. Did she really deserve to be here? How many of these names were front-liners who died in battle? 

What has she been doing for the last three years? Make trinkets and eat food? Disgusting. 

Her thoughts were immediately cut off when her hand trailed over a certain name. A very certain name.

"No..." she whispered, her hand retracting to cover her mouth.

No. No. No!

This wasn't real. It couldn't be real. Right? Bell can't be dead, right? He couldn't be dead! Her eyes widened as looked under his name. 'Killed by Pinball'.

Kirbs felt her hands start to tremble as she stared at the name. The name she thought would leave her alone. The name that she wanted nothing to do with. "Pinball?" She whispered, her voice cracking a little bit. He killed Bell? Her Bell? 

Before she could stop them, tears started to stream down her cheeks as she silently sobbed for her lost friend. They could've been something more. So much more. He loved her. Did she love him? She did, right? 

She fell to her knees and let out an agonizing wail, though the spectators weren't very phased. It was a common sight to see in front of the Monument of Life, after all.

Bell is dead.

Bell is dead.

That statement couldn't leave her damn mind! He was gone. He wouldn't be in her world anymore. Not in SAO, and not in the real world. They were supposed to leave together. They were supposed to make it out together. Why did he leave? Why did he have to take him from her? She was right. She's always been right! No one ever bloody listened to her! She should've reported him when she had the chance, now Bell is dead because of her! She could've saved him. She could've prevented this. What the hell was wrong with her? 

Kirbs weakly lifted herself off of the ground, using the stone for help. She didn't want to touch it. She didn't want to be bloody reminded that her best friend was dead! He was gone, gone, gone... And he wasn't coming back. Why did he have to leave her here all alone? 

The girl wobbled over to a small bench that wasn't too far away from the stone. Was she just as guilty as Pinball himself? Was she a murderer, too? 

The tears streaming down her cheeks were falling even harder now. Was she to blame for her best friend's death? 

No.

It was his fault. That bastard. The psychopath. The murderer. He was the one who took Bell away from her. He was the one who made her whole world crumble beneath her feet. Who knows what he might do next if she doesn't do something? Who would he kill? Bahr? Kityuisa? Maybe even Sey? 

No. 

She couldn't let anymore people she loved get hurt by this murderer. Murderer. Murderer. Murderer. She repeated in her head that word constantly. Because that's what he was, right? A murderer scum who took away her best friend, right? Murderers shouldn't deserve anything. She's given him too many chances and this was her last damn straw.

How long?

How long has Bell been dead? Kirbs sobbed even more when she realized that she hasn't heard from him in weeks. What kind of person was she?! She didn't even try to go after him when he left! His birthday. That was the last damn time she even saw him. What if he died on his birthday? Could he have died right after he had left her? He left her, right? Was this his fault, then? He left her! Was he responsible for his own death?

Kirbs hunched her back as she gripped the sides of her head in agony. What the hell was wrong with her? Was she really blaming Bell of all people? She let out a cry of agony as the dozens of thoughts whirled in her head. This can't be real. He can't be dead. I mean, it wasn't even sure that he would die in the real world, right? Oh, who was she fooling? Kayaba showed us the articles that day. Of course this was real.

Kirbs stumbled into her shop; her only safe haven. She wanted to deny the fact so much-- so damn much. She missed him. She missed him so damn much. It couldn't have been two months since the last time she saw him, but it hurt. I hurt her that the last time she saw him-- there was so much hurt in his eyes. He looked dejected. Defeated. That's what she looked like right now, huh? Kirbs let out a shrill laugh as her back hit against the corner walls. 

She had completely forgotten about her own familiar, too. Scarfy had just barely slithered off of her shoulders when she fell backwards. How dense was her damn head? 

The redhead silently slid down the wall and hugged her legs closer. She didn't know what to do. Revenge? Mourn? Nothing? All of her previous thoughts had almost vanished from her mind. She felt so blank, now. She was so happy just less than an hour ago, right?

The girl exchanged a blank stare with her familiar as she leaned her head against the wall. She felt... so dead. No one she really ever knew has ever really died in Aincrad, neither did anyone she was close to die in the real world? Is this what mourning felt like? She didn't like it. She wanted it to disappear. She wanted all of these negative feelings to just disappear! She wanted that thought to be out of her head. It was disgusting. 

A shift of movement in front of her stirred her back to reality. Right. Reality. That's where she was, right? Her eyes followed the familiar shape of her familiar's. He didn't look like he cared, but did she really expect him to? But she felt like they bonded more than they've ever had in the past minute. They both were... blank. Emotionally blank. A few emotions were caught in the girl's head, though. One of them was clear as day;

Revenge.

She craved it. She needed it. She didn't care what other people said. The blood of her best friend was on the filthy hands of that murderer, and she was going to avenge him. She was never really one to care about her own safety, but that feeling went out straight out the window five minutes ago. She couldn't get anything else out of her mind apart from a few thoughts... and I suppose you could guess on what they were about.

Revenge. Pinball. Murderer. 

She did not care if she got hurt. She did not care if she died in the process. She never really had a purpose in this damn game, and now she finally found one. She was going to find that filthy bastard and make him pay. Pay for killing her best friend. Pay for all the bull he had put her through. Pay for making her feel like this. And pay for making her lose herself.

Kirbs sighed as she leaned her head back on to the wall again. Perhaps... this is what she needed? Was this the universe's way of telling her to finally get off of her arse and to actually start doing something? Something that could benefit people. Something that could help others. Something that could save others. She laughed humorously to herself. There she went with her thoughts about why everything happens for a reason again. 

She touched her throat with the tips of her fingers. Her laugh... it wasn't what it used to be. It was raspy, and nothing was laced in it. Didn't her laughs used to be so full of joy and excitement? How could someone change so quickly in such a short amount of time like she had? Was it even possible? Had people experienced like she had? She was sure there were others like her-- and she quietly sent a prayer to all of them.

Kirbs slowly arose from her spot and sat behind her counter. It was quiet. She normally hated it, but it felt... nice. She wanted her thoughts to herself. Most importantly, she wanted to be alone. She didn't know how long she was going to be like this, but she could tell that it wasn't going away anytime soon. She was tired-- so tired, yet she didn't want to sleep. At the same time, she wanted to. What if this was just some God awful dream? And when she woke up, Bell would be alive and well. And both of them would be at some cheap cafe, him sipping on his tea like a true English while she was there with her soda. They would be laughing. Talking. Reminiscing about their past. They would tell stories of her brothers and how they would terrorize him. They would tell stories of all of their struggles. They would be together.

She knew deep inside, though, that those days were never going to come.