[F1-PP] The Beginning of Extermination - Domarus & Tricolor_Mina DHA

Domarus stood on the first floor a ways away from the first town. Somewhere people passed by rather than visited.  He was wearing his silver armor and had his massive ax resting on his back.  Once again he did not wear his helmet, and did not wear a smile on his face.  He had sent a message to Mina not long ago, along with some coordinates.

Spoiler

To:  Tricolor_Mina

I wish to increase my level with haste, but.  I'd rather not do so alone.  Would you be willing to clear some quests with me?  There's a questline called dragon hunter anthology, which begins easy but becomes harder over time.  If possible, I'd like to clear it with you.  If you're ok with the idea, meet me at the following coordinates.

After he had sent the message to her he simply waited.  He did not have his familiar with him.  The fact was, he had to put it down.  Because of this his damage was horribly reduced, but he didn't mind that.  Especially since these quests were not very difficult in the beginning stages.  Whether he should find another familiar however...  He wasn't so sure about that.  Not really.  He didn't believe he was worthy enough to even have a friend that wasn't even real.  Domarus took a deep breath and remembered his last encounter with Mina...  Maybe he did have hope, even if it was a speck.

@tricolor_mina

Mina had been sleeping in the woods of the first floor when she had gotten the message from Domarus. She had been having a pleasant dream about her old friend, where they just sat there and talked and talked for the longest time... It was a painful but somewhat happy dream. At least it was a free conversation with him, since he seemed to actually be... there... It was certainly food for thought to say the least. When she had finally rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes, she read through the message, a surprised look crossing her face when she noticed that Domarus had asked her to aid him in a quest. Not that it was an issue, of course, but it was a strange request for him to make...
mina slowly made her way out to where Domarus had set up the coordinates. instead of wearing the cloak she had before, she was wearing the deep red cloak that she had ordered from Hei. Mina's newest rapier was clinking at her side. Within a few minutes of walking and searching, she managed to find him. "Mou, you ready to go kill some dragons?" she said softly, appearing behind the heavily armored player.

Spoiler

Level 16
320 HP
32 EN
3 ACC
26 MIT
2 LD (1 from Search Skill, 1 from Crimson Rose)
5 DMG (1 base, +3 from weapon skill, +1 from weapon)
1 Bleed (T1, 9+)
1 Para (9+)
Equipment
Mask of Rose (+3 ACC)
righteous Executioner (1 slot Para, 1 slot Bleed, 1 slot DMG)
Crimson Rose (2 slots MIT, 1 slot LD)

Skills
R3 OHR (+3 DMG)
R2 L. Armor (+8 MIT)
R1 Search (+1 LD)

@Domarus

Stats

Spoiler

Level:  41

Health:  880/880

Energy:  88/88

Mitigation:  66

Accuracy:  3-4

Damage:  15-19

Skills

Spoiler

Level 44

Skill Points Total: 174

Skill Points Available: 5

Skill Points Used: 169

Profession Rank 7

The tall player waited patiently as he thought about how strange it was for his familiar to be...  Absent.  He needed to get used to it though.  Rhozarth almost killed a low level player as they passed by...  A level..  Five he thought?  At any rate it would make combat more-  His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Mina from behind.  He turned around to find her standing behind him.  The first thing he noticed was the light reflecting off of her outfit.  The outfit was the second thing he noticed.  A hood with an interesting style, which kind of reminded him of a punk outfit.  Everything except the coat that is.  And the flower wasn't punk like either.  Was there a specific theme she was going with?  A hybrid?  Or did she have no theme in mind?  He chuckled.  "I guess you aren't taking the stealth route then."  His humor didn't last long however as the assassins and spies he used flashed in his mind, returning his smile to it's little box in his heart.  He nodded to her outfit.  "You going for a punk theme or something different?  And to answer your question..  Well as ready as I'll ever be.  I've already killed one dragon."

@tricolor_mina

Mina smirked at him, her eyes glittering with excitement. "Mou, If I wanted stealth, I would have worn the other outfit." she said dryly, "I'm actually hoping to search for some loot while we're here, since I decided to invest in the search skill~"  Mina noticed that he no longer had his familiar around with him, and was about to comment on it when he mentioned that he had already "killed" one dragon today. mina stopped dead in her tracks, watching him carefully. "Mou, so you actually killed your familiar?" she said softly, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Was it really as bad as you said it was? I hope you find a new one soon." mina spotted a gleaming, Icy blue stone sitting half buried in the dirt around one of the bushes, before reaching down and pulling it out of the ground. She dusted it off, before placing it inside of her inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 116455 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 8

Loot: 17 (+2 is 19, +1 T1 Mat)

MOB: 7

@Domarus

Even though her eyes showed excitement, her voice was rather dry and emotionless.  It was very interesting to witness, though it didn't mean much.  Just another reminder as to how unpredictable the girl was.  When she mentioned how she was investing into the search skill his first thought was how it would be useful for the two of them.  He closed his eyes.  No.  He would never try to be selfish again.  Even still.  "Are you planning on becoming a scout then?"  He asked her as they prepared to move out.  When she turned and looked at him, he heard her words.  Seeming confused which he found odd considering he had to prevent it from attacking her.  He nodded.  "Rhozarth nearly killed a level...  Five or so player I think."  When she mentioned her hope that he'd get another one he looked away, his eyes narrowing.  "Do you honestly think it a good idea for me to care for a new life?  I can barely handle my own as it is..." 

Mina faltered slightly when she heard that Domarus's old familiar had tried to kill a lower leveled player. Had the little guy really become that tainted, so much so that it was acting more like a wild monster than a familiar? she wondered about it for a few moments, until he brought up the fact that she was going the scout route. Mina smiled faintly, though if Domarus payed attention, her smile didn't go to her eyes this time. she was still dwelling on sad memories from before, which made her contemplate how she was still slowly recovering from her old wounds. "Mou, I got the Idea from a close friend of mine, his name is Itzal?" she said softly, her eyes softening at the thought of her good friend. "I miss him alot, he hasn't spoken with me since Christmas, and I have no clue if he's ok or not..." mina didn't voice the idea that she thoroughly believed that Itzal had gone rogue, and stopped working with others altogether... while he had still responded to her messages, she still found herself worrying even more than normal. she just desperately wanted to know he was ok, and that he wasn't in serious trouble or anything, despite his constant reassurance that he wasn't. If he were, even though she was a level 16 player, she didn't think that she could forgive herself for not coming to his aid. when Domarus narrowed his eyes at her hopeful statement for him to get another familiar, a hurt look would briefly flash across her face, before she steeled her emotions. She materialized her accuracy-enhancing mask, and slapped it onto her face, hiding it entirely aside from her eyes. "... let's just get going, ne?"

Becoming tainted was not at all the issue.  Domarus kept him tame by being powerful, prideful and ruthless.  When he changed, Rhozarth disliked it and felt his pride was hindered.  That was when he started getting more violent and untamed.  Him suddenly being tainted was a rather ridiculous idea.  He was code after all...  When she mentioned Itzal his eyes widened at first.  Itzal...  The scout who went rogue, quite literally.  The player had changed his appearance, his familiar's appearance, even his voice all to go into hiding.  He only showed him his face because he wanted players he chose to know his identity...  But, why did he choose Domarus of all people?  Of course this was before the mod was updated, but still...  "Itzal..  Was one of the people who put a stop to me and my crimes actually..  If, you want we could contact him.  See if he'd be willing to meet with you again.  I'll back you up if you need it."  He raised a hand behind her to place on her shoulder but hesitated...  He wasn't..  He could support someone else.  He'd probably hurt her without meaning to.  It was second nature to him.  With that he lowered his hand.  When she asked if they could just go he nodded.  "...Alright..." 

mina smiled faintly under her mask, knowing full well that Itzal had probably been one of the players that had knocked some sense into the young man. he only confirmed her suspicions when he mentioned that he actually was one of the people that had gone to stop him. "Mou, I knew full well that Itzal was probably one of the ones who brought you to your senses. From what I remember, I was under the impression that he wanted to do so for a while now." she murmured,  chuckling softly as she walked alongside him. "I knew he'd be involved somehow. He always manages to be there to help in those types of situations..." she paused for a moment when Domarus asked her if she'd like his help contacting the powerful scout. "... while I'd appreciate the offer to help, I don't exactly need it. Despite our friendship, he'd rather me not try to contact him constantly..." she said quietly. "He's been oddly quiet, recently. he's been spending more time focusing on whatever he might be doing at the time. Sometimes it makes me worry, but I know he's... usually... safe. He did promise to come back alive to the rest of us..."

Domarus listened to Mina speak about how she had a feeling it was Itzal who helped play a part in it.  He didn't say anything...  He was frustrated he lost even if he was wrong, and he was also extraordinarily ashamed...  It wasn't a topic he liked to discuss.  When she mentioned how Itzal was the kind to always intervene on those situations Domarus sighed.  "On that we can agree on.  He's definitely a stubborn individual."  He fell silent as he listened to her continue.  He didn't say anything for a while.  When he did he took a deep breath, and flicked her gently on the head.  "Mina, being depressed is my job.  Don't try and steal it from me."  She may see it as a joke but he was being serious.  "In any case, you should try showing that radiant sunshine that glows on you.  It's, inspiring.  And don't worry too much about Itzal.  I probably don't know him as well as you, but.  I know he won't do anything suicidal or reckless.  I've got data to prove it."

mina noticed that he seemed to be silent for a while, probably thinking about something that had happened in relation to the situation that had brought him to his senses. She shook her head briefly, and let out a sigh, before pushing her mask to the side of her face so that he could actually talk with her rather than just look at a blank skull-esque mask. she made a strangled-sounding cry when he mentioned that what she said was certainly something they could agree on. "He is rather pig-headed, ne?" she said weakly, her eyes wide with bewilderment. she immediately began shaking her head at the thought of Itzal actually doing that. 'D... Did he actually intervene in that..??' she thought, a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek. she felt something hit her in the face, albeit very lightly. It was Domarus... apparently he had just flicked her on the forehead. She blinked when he mentioned that being depressed was his job, and to lighten up a bit more. "That's the pot and the Kettle right there" she muttered darkly, about to retort when he mentioned that it was inspiring in a way.  before he continued, cutting off whatever she'd been about to say with something related to Itzal. Data, data, data, and more data... She knew he wouldn't do anything suicidal, yes.... but Reckless was practically his middle name at this point. after all, he was one of the highest-leveled front-liners at this point. "Mou, I wouldn't say he isn't reckless..." she said dryly, shaking her head.

Domarus heard her using the pot and kettle metaphor but he had a response to that one.  "That may be true, but it doesn't have to be."  He fell silent again.  He didn't know how to move on, but she at least seemed to have an idea.  If he had to choose who would find how to move on and who would be trapped in their depression.  There wasn't a question of who he would choose.  It would be her every time.  Because he knew he didn't deserve freedom from this.  He didn't deserve escaping his punishment.  When she mentioned how she wouldn't say he isn't reckless Domarus spoke again.  "Let me clarify then:  He doesn't act recklessly without being prepared.  In fact from what I've heard he's over prepared more than enough times to prove my point."  He gestured to her mask.  "May I, inquire as to what the mask is about and for?  I never thought you'd be one to take on an ominous appearance."

mina let out a sigh when Domarus commented that it didn't have to be the pot and the kettle in all of this. "Mou, I understand why you said that... but my opinion still stands." she said, scratching her head with a faint worried expression on her face. This was further exacerbated when Domarus asked her why she had the mask. She felt a bead of sweat roll down her cheek in worry. "Erm... well, I-I have it for... reasons..." in truth, she actually wanted to go hunt down orange guilds and take them down from the inside. she couldn't falsely join a red guild, as they would be easily prepared to kill her if she even tried to infiltrate them. Meanwhile, orange guilds were much easier to take down from within, as there were only a few red players within them, with a smattering of orange players in it as well. Mina had already managed to take down a minor one before they had even gotten the chance to attack anyone else... seeing as she had nearly been the victim in that situation, but she didn't plan on telling anyone that... not anytime soon that is. "I've been making some... preparations... for taking down some bad guilds... I'm almost finished with them as a matter of fact... I'm just waiting til I can get ahold of some DoT items, then I should be good." Mina murmured, looking at the ground. "I feel like a fool trying to do this, but It's what I did for a while in the real world."

Domarus was about to ask her to elaborate on her reasons, but she seemed to have known what he was going to say.  She began to give more detail on what she meant and he was very very much glad she told him.  Domarus put a hand on her shoulder and turned her around to face him as he looked her in the eye.  Concern showing very strongly for her.  "Mina you can't.  If you don't want to die you can't go.  If you don't want to die know very much that I don't want you to die.  During my time owning an army of informants, I was made aware of around five players we know of who infiltrated player killer guilds and groups in an attempt to dismantle them or take someone down.  I also know two of the five infiltrators names:  Aereth and Opal.  Do you want to know what happened to them?  They're both dead Mina.  And they were both very high levels in their time.  Please, Pease do not go through with it...  Or...  At the very least make sure you get some allies and train some more before you do anything like this."  He let go, realizing he shouldn't be forcing her to do anything.  He had to stop ordering.  He had to stop commanding.  He wasn't a leader...  He was a criminal.  "Just..  It's not an order..  It's a request..  A plead..  Please reconsider this.  Don't do it alone.  I...  I know someone who plans on taking down player killers.  If you can team up with him..  I'd feel a lot more comfortable."

Mina jolted with surprise when Domarus started begging her to not go through with her plans, bringing up someone named opal... and Aereth... "... You...  Do you even know who you happened to talk about Just now?!" mina grabbed him by the shoulders, a look of deadly calm on her face. If Domarus paid close attention, he'd see her shaking like a leaf. "I... I know about those two... Aereth... He... he's an old guildmate of mine. One that decided to murder several innocent people for his own desires, as well as to bring down player killers." Mina gritted her teeth, before locking eyes with Domarus, her expression changing to one of Sadness. "While I never got the opportunity to meet Opal due to her being killed by a player, she was a brave frontliner... one that many of us looked up to.." Mina gritted her teeth in anguish, before she felt her knees give out on her, and she just... slumped to the ground. She felt a sob wrack her chest, before she let out a scream of rage. "WHAT GOOD AM I?!" she howled, "OPAL TRIED TO REDEEM HERSELF AT SOME POINT, AND AERETH IS ACTIVELY FIGHTING THEM!! I CAN'T JUST SIT ON MY LAURELS AND JUST WATCH OTHER PEOPLE FIGHT!! I NEED TO FIGHT! I NEED TO!!" mina's words eventually gave way to faint sobs, and she simply sat there, head on her knees, and just sobbing over the situation. Eventually, Domarus had finally seemed to get past begging her to reconsider, and instead suggested a person that might be able to help. Mina still sat there, shaking with silent sobs and tears.

The man had to watch her begin to dissolve into what he would describe as hysteria.  He wasn't sure what to do but he realized nothing he said would get through to her unless he shocked her out of it.  So.  He took a deep breath.  Raised his hand.  And slapped her hard enough to snap her out of it, which of course painted his cursor temporarily orange.  "MINA..  Calm down.  I never said you can't fight.  I only said not to do it alone...  Never alone."  His voice was quivering at this point as he took steady breaths.  "Before Aereth infiltrated the laughing coffin, he was a part of my organization.  He was one of my generals.  He...  I convinced him to do very terrible things Mina.  However no matter he, nor Opal were none of them were a match for their enemies."  He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him.  "You aren't worthless.  You can fight.  But you need to get stronger first.  I can help you get stronger.  We can help each other.  But, please...  Please, don't throw away your life because you feel like you have to do something.  You can't do anything if you're dead..."

Mina felt the blow hit her hard enough to knock away a small amount of her health. minimal, yes, but still enough to damage her a little bit. She felt herself loose the ability to make any kind of sound as she tilted her head up to look at Domarus, Her eyes wide. He looked somewhat unsteady, and seemed to be shaking himself. Even his voice seemed to be quavering with worry and fear. He didn't want her to fight alone. He'd only recently gotten to know her, and yet he was that concerned for her. So concerned that he seemed to momentarily forget just what the consequences were for hitting a green player outside of the safe zone. Mina stared up at his cursor, it having been painted a deep orange. Despite the well meaning intentions behind his blow to her, it was the end effect of a crime... it was still a cursor that marked criminals in this world. Mina noticed that he mentioned Aereth again, and how he had infiltrated Laughing Coffin. Mina nearly laughed in amusement, though she tilted her head down in order to hide her expression. "You were under the impression that I would be going after PK'er Guilds? Is that it?" she asked, her voice one of calm now. "If I did decide to do as much, I would have taken several people with me, and not gone in on my own. I planned to go after Orange guilds, one's that are willing to PK, but won't do it as their first priority. If I take down enough of them, I'd be able to work my way up to fighting Laughing coffin. It's a long stretch, though... one that, If I don't go in with backup, might get me killed." Mina stiffened a bit when Domarus wrapped his arms around her, closing her eyes. "My life means nothing to most of the people I knew in the real world. Even If I survived this death trap world, only a few from this place would remember me. but nobody here would recognize me there..." mina trailed off, her expression grim.

He held her more tightly in his arms after hearing her response.  "Then you and I are the same.  No one cares for me in the real world either, not truly.  So I'll say this right here and now Mina.  Should you die I don't know what I'd do.  Please, never ever do anything like that alone.  I don't care who you infiltrate, or even if they're weak.  I want you to swear to me, swear it!  That you will never do anything so reckless as to take on a guild by yourself, and that you will work on getting stronger before taking on anyone...  Please..  Promise me that."  Eventually Domarus let go, letting his arms fall to his sides as he turned around and sat down on a fallen log.  His head hanging low and his shoulders sagging.  His arms resting on his legs.  He didn't want her to die...  Perhaps it was selfish, but, he never had a real friend.  He saw Hestia as his savior and mentor yes, but.  It was hard to see her as his friend.  At least right now.  Keres hated him for changing and becoming extremely docile.  Mina...  He couldn't lose his first real chance at friendship.  He didn't want to lose her.

Mina pondered his words for a few moments, and continued to listen to what he was saying. Mina noticed that he was hell bent on not letting her go after guilds like that on her own. Trying his damnedest to convince her that it was an awful Idea, no matter how strong she was. And it was true.... If she went in to fighting a guild like that on her own, she was going to die. no matter what she decided to do. She knew better than going into it all on her own. And it was certainly not on her list of things to do. At least... not right now that is. Not after what she'd experienced with that sneak attack from that orange guild. She did, however, plan to attack a guild soon. all she'd need was just a few more levels, and for Rosario to finish her preparations for the combat. So far they had paralysis items, and she was working on preparing toxic venom for both of them to use against their enemies.

The red haired player sat there in silence for the longest moment.  Finally he spoke up.  "I won't try and stop you...  But know that if you do this.  There will be people who will miss you.  Who will mourn for you.  People who will be hurt by your loss..  You aren't worthless Mina.  No one is."  He was silent for another moment before he took a deep breath and stood up, walking towards their destination.  "The boss is this way, we should hurry and wrap this up before moving to the next one."   The red haired 'dominator' had always called others imbeciles, pathetic, useless, worthless, fools, weaklings.  Now he was reversing the concept.  Domarus was making it clear through his movement that this conversation  had really shaken him up.  To the point where he didn't want to continue it, simply for the fact that he was afraid to hear her refuse to stop.  Refuse to take his advice.  He was afraid she wasn't going to listen to reason, and instead risk her life doing something that three players who were master combatants had completely failed to do.

mina nodded curtly at Domarus, before pulling her mask back over her face. "Let's just keep moving, ne..? It shouldn't take too much longer to get this finished..." mina almost immediately spotted the small emerald dragon. It was actually kind of adorable once you got past the fact that it was supposed to be actively killing you. kinda like the easter event boss that had spawned a while back. Apparently the info brokers had gone nuts over the adorable little beasties.... even the one that looked like it came straight out of someone's nightmares. Mina shuddered inwardly at the thought of ever having to face <<Burry, Easter Mayhem>>, in any way, shape or fashion. Mina charged up crucifixion, and slammed into Rhaegal, waking it up, and making it attack. the little dragon began to screech at her, irritated that it had been woken up from its nap. Mina giggled a bit, before turning to domarus. "Mou, As much as I wanna play around with the little guy, we need to kill it and keep moving!"

Spoiler

ID# 116863 results:

Battle: 6 (+3 is 9, Success! 5*6=30-25= 5 DMG to Rhaegal)

Craft: 1

Loot: 20

MOB: 9

ID# 116864 results:

Battle: 2 (Miss)

Craft: 11

Loot: 8

MOB: 2

H[0] Domarus: 880/880 HP, 88 EN, 66 MIT

H[1] Tricolor_mina: 320/320 HP, 32 EN, 26 MIT, 3 ACC, T1 Bleed (9+), T1 Paralyze (9+)

Rhaegal the Emerald Hatchling: 120/125 HP, 50 DMG, 25 MIT