(F1-PP) This Seems Pretty Safe... <FFLAF> (Kirbs)

Sorra had been lagging behind for too long. Despite it being quite awhile since the game had actually started, he was still level one. He had considered the possibility of just staying within the  safe zone on the First Floor and not worrying about leveling until the game ended.. The raid team could handle clearing the rest of Aincrad on their own, right? Checking the open floor list, he saw that they were only up to Floor Twenty Four currently. The man's head dropped with a heavy sigh, for it would probably take them quite a long time to clear SAO at this rate. He could not stand around and do nothing anymore. Even if he didn't make it to help the frontliners, the least he could do would be to level up so he can actually feel safe. 

Opening up his menus, Sorra saw that he already had a quest active. "The First Few Lessons are Free..." he said as he read the name of the quests. "Looks like some sort of beginner quest, might as well start there." Tapping the quest, his menus disappeared and a small blip appeared in his field of view, letting him know which way to go to meet with this Zackariah. Lucky for him, it was not very far from the center of the town.

It only took Sorra a little under ten minutes to find the small shop, its door opened wide for all to enter. "Hello?" he asked as he walked inside, only to be greeted by an older looking man with long white hair that rolled down over his shoulder, and a beard of the same color. "Ah, hello there. I take it you've seen my request for help. I'n return, I will help you to understand this world a little bit better. Do you accept?" As the NPC finished his inquiry, a small grey box appeared in front of Sorra, asking he would accept the quest. With a nod, the player tapped on the circle that indicated 'Yes' and the box vanished. "Excellent," Zackariah said with a smile, "Here is a list of some ingredients I need. You will have to travel out of town to find them. Though you should not have any problems with any wild beasts in this area." 

Sorra bowed his head respectfully, "I will get right on it." Looking over the list once more, as well as the location of where to find them, Sorra turned and exited the shop from the way he came.

@Kirbs

Kirbs sighed as she found herself on the first floor again for no particular reason. She rounded the corner and oddly felt strange without the heavy weight around her neck and shoulders. She had left Scarfy at home just because he was being a pain in the arse. She eventually found herself in a very familiar spot once again-- right in front of old man Zackariah's shop. The fact that she's been here so many times has worried her. It hasn't been long since she had helped Bell on this quest. She looked up at the entrance of the shop and her brow quirked up at the unfamiliar mop of blue hair. "What joy," she muttered, deciding to keep the trend going. She waltzed over to the player and tilted her head, putting on a cheery smile. "Good day, mate! I take it as you're starting this very lovely quest chain?" She stifled a giggle as she picked out her words.

@Sorra

As Sorra read over the list of ingredients Zackariah had bestowed upon him, the man muttered each name to himself. The quest seemed simple enough, not needed to get any of the materials from monsters through combat means. Usually in other video games, Sorra would have avoided these "grocery list" quests, as they would get quite boring just going to fetch some items and bring them back for a reward. However, if it meant getting some experience and items, while also getting to explore without any danger, then he would do this all day. Once the man had stepped from the shade of the alchemist's shop and he was bathed in the bright, afternoon sunlight, Sorra found himself unexpectedly greeted by an unfamiliar voice. 

The bluenette's gaze shot up to meet with the gaze of the crimson haired girl who stood before him, seeming to already know what Sorra had gotten himself into. "Quest chain?" he responded, not realizing that this was one of those quests that led to another and another after that. "Well, yeah, I just took the beginners' quest. I'm guessing you know which one I'm talking about." the man offered a friendly smile to the stranger. "

@Kirbs

• 2 months later...

ERMAGAWD (I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS IM SO SORRRRRYYY. SORRY SORRY)

The redhead nodded and gave him one of her signature grins. "Of course. I've helped so many newbies with this quest, you don't even know, haha. Well- helping isn't really the right term I would use. More like accompanied? Yeah, I can't really help you with anything but lend you my scarf on this quest. It's nice meeting new people and everything on this quest, though! I've made loads of new friends and everything. It's very fun once you get a conversation rolling!" She beamed, catching herself in the middle of a ramble.

"Anyway!" She started again, "I'd be willing to hang around you for the time being! Can't really do much down here! I live all the way up in floor three and as much as I love it there, it can get loads boring. Staring at flowers and stuff all day can make you go just a tiny but bonkers," she twirling her finger around her head and giggled. "Pretty sure I was bonkers before that, but who am I to tell myself that?"

@Sorra

• 2 weeks later...

Sorra felt a bit of relief when the redhead revealed she knew the quest he was talking about. Good, he didn't get himself into some hardly taken quest that would end up getting him killed. It was a little disappointing when she said she would not be able to actually 'help' Sorra in completing the task, rather she would be able to accompany him to the correct spot he needed to be. "Hey, helping me to get where I've got to go is definitely helping, and I would not mind the company either. So I appreciate it either way." he said with a respectful bow of his head and shoulders. "Not really sure what you mean by lending me your scarf though" he said with a sheepish chuckle as he rubbed at the nape of his neck. 

The blue haired man chuckled at the girl's display, Hopefully this girl is just kidding and she isn't actually crazy... she seems innocent enough... and she's kind enough to help me. He nodded with wide eyes in response to her living on the Third Floor. "I've only been to the Third Floor one or two times, just stayed in town though. Is there a lot to explore outside of the town?"  Realizing that the two of them were still standing within the doorway of Zackariah's Apothecary, Sorra stepped past the girl, "We should probably start heading towards the quest area.. Oh, I'm Sorra by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you."

@Kirbs