[F1-PP] The dapper association <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Heading towards his next destination for the day after a rather big string of business as of late he makes his way towards the area where there will be a quest supposedly some kind of forest and nature involvement is meant to be had. Well once he is done and takes whatever hits need to be done while he busies himself with other things that should go just fine in his favor if all things end well for himself. Though he is left with the eternal thing that he must do when it comes to these quests manage to find someone who is willing to do them in the first place and then proceed to solo them by themselves thinking they can do so. Having a higher leveled tank is one thing, but sadly adventuring with the rather tall man known as Alec would make him overly reliant upon the giant of a man. Thus he is out in the search for either more bodyguards, or business partners one way or the other he needs to meet some more people for whom he can work with since the twins have seemingly just went missing in action. Though most certainly not dead. His mind continues to just drift away into thoughts unheard as he walks through a village stricken by disease with a slightly far off look in his eyes as he thinks of the future never in the present. The hazel eyed man with the simple green hat upon his head, and the large green cloak around his frame that hides underneath the boar skin armor that is made for its light but defensive qualities.

Stats: 260/260 HP  26/26 ENG  LD:7 MIT: 18 EVA: 1 LM: 1

@Bahr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
  • LEVEL: 7
  • HP: 140 / ENERGY: 14
  • EVA: 1 / MIT: 5 / ACC: 1 / DMG: 5
  •  
  • SKILLS
  • COMBAT
    » DISGUISE [EXTRA SKILL]

FREE ACTION
          COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
               +1 EVA UNTIL START OF YOUR NEXT TURN

WEAPON SKILLS
    » TWO-HANDED WEAPONS
          +3 DMG WHEN TWO-HANDED WEAPON IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
    » LIGHT ARMOR R1

+5 MIT WHEN LIGHT ARMOR IS EQUIPPED

TRINKETS
    » [EQUIPPED] AEOLUS WIND CHARM (RARE)

KEEN
               +1 BD AFTER SUCCESSFUL ATTACK UNTIL NEXT SUCCESSFUL ATTACK
          +1 ACC

INVENTORY

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» STARTER HEALING POTIONS (1)
     ➥ HEALS 50 HP

» T1 POTION OF UNCOMMON QUALITY (5)
     ➥ HEALS 40 HP

» T1 DAMAGE POTION (1)
     ➥ +1 DMG

» T1 OVER-HEALTH POTION (1)
     ➥ +50 TO MAX HP

Bahr felt ridiculous. Retrieving medicine for NPCs? Preposterous! It was the sort of quest that had probably been completed by thousands of players already. Just how much medicine did this village need?

No bother. It was the experience that Bahr was after. Even if he didn't feel compelled by the quest itself, the rewards were really what he was after. Things had been going decently well in that regard for him recently, having reached level seven in only a matter of a few days. He was still a far cry from most of the community, but at least he was starting to get there. With any luck, this quest would push him over the edge for another level.

As he approached the wooded area where the quest was taking place, he saw a rather well-dressed individual lurking about. Why, it was none other than Dagger, his favorite merchant! Bahr owed most of the equipment he had equipped to the man's identification skills. He sauntered over to the individual, a grin spreading across his face as he neared.

"Well, hello there! And what might a dapper individual such as yourself be doing in a place like this?" he inquired innocently, just hoping to spark a bit of conversation.

Accepting the quest was the easy part most certainly to find the NPC and initiate the dialogue and make it through the entire thing was rather trivial entirely child's play by quite frankly as he would just wear his smile and make it through this game. Not caring much for partaking in the spectacle of intractable NPCs that are made from prompts that the players respond to, or at the very least that is the only feasible theory within his mind rather then fully autonomous beings that were created with machines. Since while the mind  is electrical impulses surely that doesn't mean it can be replicated so easily. His thoughts get interrupted by a all to familiar voice by now as he turns his gaze towards the red coat wearing man as Dagger simply tips his hat towards him as he casts his gaze all around the fighter before him and then grins seeing a potential for a growing business relations with such individual.

Good evening sir as you know i am Dagger. I'm here to do a quest, and thankfully i found the my...lets say bodyguard during this if you would wish to take the part. He says rather plainly while extending a hand towards him with a grin across his face. I'm not a fighter you see. I partake in business, but this game tries to force me into partaking in the..more barbaric side of things when i simply wish to stay in the back and avoid any contact with that side of Aincrad as much as i can. he says in a rather calm and honest tone of voice towards the man in front of him.

Bahr extended his hand to meet with that of Dagger's shaking it briefly before listening to what the man had to say. He nodded his head thoughtfully as he accepted the quest in the panel that had populated in front of him.

"So let me get this straight. You want to do this quest with me, but you want me to do all of the work?" The edges of his lips curled downward into a frown, before he adopted a cheesy grin and slapped Dagger's shoulder playfully. "I'm just messing around! I'd be happy to help." He opened his map panel before continuing. "Looks like it's over this way."

As they wandered along, Bahr couldn't help but notice how quiet his companion was. "So, how's a guy like you end up in SAO anyways? You had to have known that the major attraction was combat, right?" His voice was steady and not accusatory, Bahr was genuinely curious.

looking towards the man that looks rather upset by his decision before playing off as some kind of joke he just gives him a polite smile and a slight tip of his hat before focusing upon the path that takes him deeper into the forest where the plants that are meant to cure the poison are meant to reside at. Following the man who looks towards some kind of map he follows him towards the destination not minding him doing so since it makes at least getting towards the location much faster. Traveling through the forest he gazes at the rather various plants and the sounds of things shifting as he glances towards the man when hearing the question as he just chuckles a bit at the question. A game where players are the fighters themselves and see the things that they do. Forced to see every decision and consequence before their eyes. It'd make for a interesting time to study the effects of such events from a psychological perspective by being in person to view it all alongside them. To question them and see how it changes people over time. He says and then goes a bit silent after that and after a small amount of time of some thought he just shrugs his shoulder with a slight sigh. I just didn't expect to become part of my own study.

Oof. Bahr could relate to that, only on a much more personal level. He had always wondered what it would be like to be inside of any of the various MMOs he had played. There had just never been stakes so high, or consequences so real. The image of his friend being struck by his blade and dematerializing right before his eyes replayed through his mind invasively, the edges of his lips once more curling downward into a frown.

"Yeah, man, I get what you mean," he sighed solemnly, feeling guilty now for having even brought it up. "Should be just through here."

Bahr was pretty happy that the next clearing supposedly held the mobs they were looking for, because he was already getting really tired of the forest. There were bizarre creepy-crawlies every direction he looked, and each rustling sound that pervaded through the vegetation made his hair stand straight. Not that he could admit that to Dagger. His job today was as a fearless bodyguard.

Spoiler

ID: 119186
LD: 8

Material search failed.

Edited by Bahr

Looking towards the man he sees the slightly pained look that flashes across his face as he just nods not going to comment figuring that most people have probably lost something if they are fighting within this world. Be it a family member on the  outside world that is awaiting for them and hoping that they will be back from this safely, or be it a friend made in this game and watching as they die before their eyes within a singular moment. So then i never really got your name no matter how many times you entered into my shop. What is your name mister red coat? He asks curiously towards the man as they would arrive into the clearing as a light blue light show would occur as four beasts would spawn all at once s he would glance towards the creatures. Large plants with vine with leaf tipped ends that are as sharp as blade that whip around cutting into the ground ever so slightly. Well then this is where i leave things to you mister. For now Dagger will do what he does best and search the area.

#119188 LD:11+4+3=18 material found

Edited by Dagger

"Oh, right. The name's Bahr. Nice to meet you, er, again," he said as they made their way into the clearing. Right on cue, several Nepents materialized right before their eyes. The creature's looked impressive, but Bahr knew better. This was a quest for newbies, and while Bahr was also technically a newbie, he knew these creatures didn't stand much of a chance. He marched forward confidently, removing his massive weapon from the holster on his lower back and charging it up. The classic Sword Art hum pervaded the area before he released the pent up energy chopping two of the plants clean in half and causing them to combust into clouds of triangular blue pixels. 

The remaining two Nepents started to look nervous, however a plant could. One stood frozen, unable to move due to the crippling fear it felt. The other, in a valiant effort to protect its brethren, waddled forward and thrust one of its razor sharp leaves into Bahr's chest. The attack bounced pitifully off of Bahr's armor, leaving him relatively unscathed.

"The only question is whether I kill both of you now, or one after the other," Bahr mused as the plant that had attacked him backed up nervously.

The plants, of course, did not respond. Because they were plants.

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 140-1=139/140 | EN: 14-6=8
DMG: 5 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 5

Bahr used [x2 AoE] Blast, -2 EN

Nepent 1: HP: 7-10=0 | DMG: 3 | ID: 119192 | BD: 6+1=7, Hit for 10 DMG - Nepent 1 defeated | -2 EN
Nepent 2: HP: 7 | DMG: 3 | ID: 119193 | BD: 4+1=5, Miss | MD: 3-1=2, Miss
Nepent 3: HP: 7-10=0 | DMG: 3 | ID: 119194 | BD: 7+1=8, Hit for 10 DMG - Nepent 3 defeated | -2 EN
Nepent 4: HP: 7 |
 DMG: 3 | ID: 119195 | BD: 3+1=4, Miss | MD: 7-1=6, Nepent hits Bahr for 3-5=1 DMG

-6 ENERGY

Edited by Bahr

Hearing the familiar sound of a creature bursting into pixels he watches as the man known as Bahr attacks the enemy instead of waiting for them to come towards him which meant unlike his usual ally that this player is the one who goes on the attack instead of play defensively.  With a smile at seeing the duo of creatures being destroyed in a singular attack he tips his hat towards his comrade and then makes his way to searching the clearing since he can hopefully find some materials that he can use towards his benefit. After all it is what he is good at doing rather then the fighting nonsense. Well you seemingly got this fight handled mister Bahr i'll go do what i do best now as well find myself some mats. hand some to you as payment, and if you want to work more in the future i can promise you more scouting potential from this merchant. He says with a grin upon his face and a slight over exaggerated bow towards the red coated man before making his way to spot a material lying about in this clearing. Picking up another material most likely a herb for alchemists he puts it away into his inventory not thinking much of it as it has become quite particularly routine by this point.

#119197 LD;10+7=17 material found

Edited by Dagger

Bahr grinned as he looked back over his shoulder toward Dagger, responding, "Thanks man, I'll have these cleared out in no time. Now, where was I..."

Bahr's sword began to glow again as he looked back toward the remaining pair of Nepents. He pointed his blade toward them and alternated between the two as he spoke. "Eeny, meeny, miny..." Before he had finished, the Sword Art activated and he shot past the Nepent in front, skewering its companion and turning it into a puff of blue pixels. "... Moe." The other Nepent, in an apparent act of retribution for its fallen comrades, launched one of its leaves toward Bahr's back. Bahr had already predicted such a forward attack from the creature, placing his sword flat-side against his back to block it from the creature's pitiful attack. He turned back toward the creature and pointed his blade at it as it began to illuminate once more.

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 139/140 | EN: 14+1-2=13

Bahr used [x2] Straight on Nepent 2, -2 EN

Nepent 2: HP: 7-10=0 | DMG: 3 | ID: 119198 | BD: 6+1=7, Hit for 10 DMG - Nepent 2 defeated
Nepent 4: HP: 7 |
 DMG: 3 | ID: 119199 | BD: x | MD: 5-1=4, Miss
-2 ENERGY

Edited by Bahr

Looking around the area he picks up another material and nods his head with a smile at that since it means that he is gaining more currency to use as he desires for whenever he will need them. Since it will at least be interesting to have as many materials as he could ever need on his side for his allies whoever they may be at the end of the day once he is near the end of this whole annoying grinding of quests side of thing. 'It is certainly a shame that it is promoting these things so heavily, but that is what i get for partaking in a game designed for fighting rather then for passive mercantile business' He thinks to himself with a slight frown as he looks towards the man fighting the mobs as he then thinks to the tank that he usually teams up with. And wonders ever so slightly to himself how much they had changed from the beginning of this game. be it them realizing it or not.

#119200 LD:11+7=18 another material

Edited by Dagger

"And that's the last of them," Bahr said satisfactorily to himself as the final Nepent exploded into a cloud of blue pixels. He looked around for a moment before his eyes locked onto Dagger, who was picking up... something... Was that a freaking pine cone? Nah, that couldn't be right, Bahr thought to himself. But the narrator knew better, and it was indeed a pine cone. What a weird guy.

Not long after the final Nepent had been slain, the variant appeared, looking nearly identical in its features save for the crimson flower blooming from its head. Besides that, it looked just as hideous as the others before it, only... slimier? Its entire body was covered in a shiny coat that glinted as the sunlight peeking between the trees connected with it. Bahr gulped in an attempt to prevent himself, but gagged anyways. "Well don't you just have a face only a mother could love..."

It didn't have a face, because it was a plant.

Spoiler

Encounter: Nepent Variant
HP: 15 | MIT: 5 | DMG: 10

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 139/140 | EN: 13+1-2=12

Bahr used [x2] Straight on Nepent 4, -2 EN

Nepent 4: HP: 7-10=0 | DMG: 3 | ID: 119202 | BD: 6+1=7, Hit for 10 DMG - Nepent 4 defeated
-2 ENERGY

Edited by Bahr

Hearing the forth pop he gazes towards the other side of the clearing and sees the red cloaked man once more striking at the last nepent before another one spawns. A bit bigger in size seemingly to at least himself that along with that it is a bit shinier as well seemingly. Nodding his head at that he just picks up another material to add to his growing number of mats that he should probably spend time thinking on whom he is meant to be spending these mats on to begin with since he doesn't plan to participate in combat so that excludes any need for any participating of combat styled gear. 'i guess i could spend it on alchemists and cooks to try and get my bodyguard the buffs that they will need to help protect me better. Would most certainly work in m favor. And if i get luck buffs i can increase my mat finding as well in the end.'

#119205 LD;11+7=18 one material found

Edited by Dagger

"Hey, uh," Bahr called out to Dagger, "Before I kill this thing, do you have any, you know, potions? That can increase my chances of getting the drop?"

He was looking over toward Dagger when the Nepent Variant attacked, absently batting away its leafy blade without even looking.

"I'd hate to have to stop to charge my energy if we need to go another round."

Knowing he would have to address his opponent sooner or later, Bahr turned toward the Nepent Variant and began to charge his blade.

"Last chance, Dagger!" he called out before dashing forward, impaling the creature in its center mass. The blade didn't go as deeply as Bahr had expected, and much to his surprise, it appeared the monster had survived the attack. He pulled the blade out and jumped back, regarding his opponent with newfound respect. Apparently it was tougher than the ones before it. He glanced at its health bar, and noted that he had only done about a third of the damage he needed to to take it out. "Nevermind! You've still got, like, one or two more chances!"

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 139/140 | EN: 12+1-2=11

Bahr used [x2] Straight on Nepent Variant, -2 EN

Nepent Variant: HP: 15-5 | DMG: 10 | ID: 119207 | BD: 7+1=8, Hit for 10-5=5 DMG | MD: 1-1=0 hah what a loser
-2 ENERGY

Edited by Bahr

Looking towards Bahr and hearing the  questions he shakes his head no from where he is standing and looks towards the man in question. well i'm sorry to inform you Bahr that i own no such potion on my person sadly since i usually just rely n my natural luck from the skills and gear that i equip to always be on my favor. though i guess i should've maybe spent my mats now if you're asking such a question to get luck based items alongside regular damage potions and such from different professions. He says in pondering since it is a after thought that is now coming figuring what quests usually haves for players of all kinds. Though to be fair to himself he hasn't seen a quest that relied on a drop to happen from the enemy yet so he had no reason to suspect that thsi quest would do so. Thus leaving them to have to bet on RNG being in their favor and hopefully coming out on top for it.

"Tch. Alright, then, I guess that's just the way it's gotta be. Wish he'd at least offer the last attack, though, seeing as he's so lucky..." Bahr knew it wasn't going to happen, and he couldn't rightfully blame the guy. If he didn't want to fight, he didn't have to fight. Bahr liked doing the fighting anyways. It was just the looting that he hadn't historically had much luck with.

He had been so distracted by their conversation that he almost hadn't seen the second attack incoming. He held his sword firmly in front of himself to block the attack, the leaf colliding with the blade and grinding viciously along its side after being deflected. Bahr thought he had avoided the damage, but as the creature retracted its vine, the blade managed to slide his arm on the way back. Luckily, the damage was minimal. In retaliation, Bahr charged up his blade and went in for another Straight, the attack doing more ore less the same thing it did the first time.

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 139-5=134/140 | EN: 11+1-2=10

Nepent Variant: HP: 10-5=5/15 | DMG: 10 | ID: 119214 | BD: 8+1=9, Hit for 10-5=5 DMG | MD: 8-1=7, Hit for 10-5=5 DMG
-2 ENERGY

Edited by Bahr

Picking up another mat after not hearing a response from the red cloaked man except for a exchange of blows between man and nature to a rather literal meaning all things considered he just tips his hat once more towards the man and casually watches the combat ensue between teh man and his target. 'So he seemingly joined this game to combat the creatures and have fun that way. Considering what he said earlier that is what i can assume initially. Based on how he comes into my shp frequently for items he knows ot be prepared at the very least. Careful. Confident also if he was willing to talk to me while looking away from his opponent. Or maybe borderline slightly arrogant in his own skills?' He thinks to himself trying to get an identity to the face of the man that he is traveling and trusting with his life. Knowing that if the mobs turned on him he wouldn't be prepared since he isn't wearing any of his defensive gear. Just some vanity clothing and his lucky pin and his cloak that provides only the most minuscule of defenses. 'Maybe talking to him after this would be useful.'

#119216 LD:12+7=19 one mat found

Edited by Dagger

"You know, for a flower, you're pretty ugly."

The Nepent Variant didn't respond.

"Seriously, just looking at you is giving me the creeps."

It's a plant. Seriously, why does he keep talking to things like this?

"I'll admit, though, you're a lot stronger than the others."

The Nepent Variant didn't say anything, but looked flattered anyway.

"Alright enough of this."

Charging up his blade for what he thought was the last time, he charged directly toward the grotesque monster and... missed. He just missed, just like that. What an idiot. Unable to halt the momentum of the Sword Art, Bahr rocketed straight past his target and lodged his sword into a nearby tree, right next to Dagger. He tried frantically to pull it out for a moment before turning to the man and giving him a cheesy grin.

"Eeehhhh sorry boss. I swear, I'll hit him with the next one."

With a mighty heave, he managed to dislodge the slab of metal from the wood and turn to face his adversary again. One of its leafy tendrils sprang out toward the pair, but apparently it had missed its mark and the attack was now headed straight for Dagger. In a frantic motion, Bahr swept up his sword as fast as he could, managing to deflect the razor sharp leaf which then became lodged within the very same tree Bahr's sword had just been stuck in. He turned his head to address Dagger again.

"Seriously, really really sorry about this."

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 134/140 | EN: 10+1-2=9

Nepent Variant: HP: 5/15 | DMG: 10 | ID: 119219 | BD: 3+1=4, Miss | MD: 4-1=3, Miss
-2 ENERGY

Edited by Bahr

Suddenly the sound of a loud thunk rather close to him that was followed up by a gust of wind as he quickly raises a hand and grabs his hat as he glances to the side ever so slightly at seeing a weapon. Lodged almost into his head which would've been frightening to have had been skewered by such a thing. Looking towards Bahr he feels his chest beating hard from the slight bit of adrenaline that is running through him as he slowly gets back up onto his feet as he does his best to collect himself  as much as possible. Taking a few calming breathes as he then glances towards bahr and opens up his inventory and takes out an item and hands it towards Bahr with a calm look upon his face. Use this next time combat calms down, and if you don't get the item from the creature right away after killing that nepent you're having trouble with. It'll help you immensely. He says calmly towards the man beside him.

#119221 LD:17+7=24 material found

trading item to Bahr

tier 1 immolation potion (+10 thorns when consumed. Is post action to use)

Edited by Dagger

Bahr's lips curled into a goofy grin as he accepted the vial of liquid. He stashed it into his inventory before regarding his opponent again. The disgusting pile of glistening plant matter fumbled forward toward the pair, its vines flippantly flailing about as it approached. Bahr charged up his blade, and launched forward with another Straight, carving into the creature's razor sharp leaf, along the connected vine, and straight through its center mass. Moments later, the creature erupted into a cloud of blue pixels, and a loot panel populated in front of Bahr. 

Without another word, Bahr tossed the Immolation Potion back toward Dagger. "Looks like we won't be needing that after all!" he proclaimed proudly, swiping his loot panel over to Dagger so he could take a look. "That's the item we came for, right?" With a satisfied grin, he stashed the medicine away in his pocket, approaching his companion so they could decide what to do next. 

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 134/140 | EN: 9+1-2=8

Nepent Variant: HP: 5-5=0/15 | DMG: 10 | ID: 119226 | BD: 6+1=6, Hit for 10-5=5 DMG - Nepent Variant defeated
-2 ENERGY

Loot

ID: 119227 | LD: 20

<<Little Nepent's Ovule>> acquired

Edited by Bahr