[F1-PP] The dapper association <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Glancing around the clearing he picks up a treasure chest from the ground with a smile across his face as he gazes towards the man known as Bahr with a smile upon his face as he gestures towards the treasure chest and then looks towards the item that his friend had gotten. Well then looks like we got this quest item first try, and we managed to get a treasure chest out of this as well so it all works out for us in the very end i guess mister Bahr. Though since i found out why don't we try our luck at getting us some items have a key to aid in your attempt at doing so. he says tossing the man a golden key and then tips his hat taking a few steps back to avoid getting into any fight that could occur if a mimic does spawn from the chest. Merchant and gambling man he may be, but getting into a fight is something he will avoid like the plague.

#119230 LD:14+7=21 treasure chest found

1 golden key handed to bahr (+2 LD when opening a chest)

Edited by Dagger
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahr's eyes lit up when he saw the treasure chest, wondering what kinds of loot could be nestled inside. No sooner had he laid eyes on the chest than he found a golden key placed in his hand.

"Oh, uhh..." Bahr rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I've never actually... You know... Found a treasure chest. I've heard of them, but I haven't had the fortune of seeing one up close. Do I just put the key in here?" he inquired as he positioned the key near a padlock on the front of the chest. As soon as the key was tapped against said lock, it disintegrated and the chest flashed once to signal successful use of the item. "Oh, okay. That was easy enough. Now then..." Very slowly, Bahr lifted the top of the chest to reveal the spoils inside. Nestled within the wooden box were... fairly ordinary, everyday materials. How anticlimactic. 

"Well, looks like there's not much in here. Still fun to open a chest like that, though. I felt like I was playing Ocarina of Time."

Spoiler

ID: 119238
LD: 5+2=7

50 col, (2) T1 Materials, and (2) Unidentified Consumables of Uncommon Quality

Edited by Bahr

Looking towards Bahr he just gives him a rather polite smile and then looks towards the exit of the forest that would take a fair amount of walking to get out of this place that they entered for the quest. So then Bahr lets get traveling. Not time like the present as they say, and while we're at it we can talk about future endeavors if you are so inclined to want to have me along for such things. He says in a calm tone of voice to the red coat wearing man as he starts to make his way towards the exit of teh forest walking along the path that they had taken to get into it and just retracing their steps. The green clothed man not paying much attention to his surroundings except for the occasional glance to make sure there were no mobs going to try and strike out at him. Having very little fear about sneak attacks or the combat within this game as long as he can remain faster then what his opponents will strike he should be fine.

"Uhh sure, right," Bahr said as he scratched his head, attempting to think of any other quests they could do together. "To be honest, I haven't really thought about which quests I should do first. I've sorta been winging it this whole time." A cheesy grin spread across his face as he sauntered alongside his dapper companion, placing both palms on the back of his head. "I'm pretty much always willing to do a party, though. Here, I'll give you my info." The ivory-haired man opened his menu and navigated to the party panel, tapping on Dagger and sending a friend request his way. "I, uhh, don't have many friends, so I'm pretty much always available."

As he sent the invite to Dagger, something crossed his mind. "I do think we should set up some rules in regard to the loot, though. If I'm going to be doing all of the fighting, I definitely want to be getting my cut." It wasn't that Bahr wanted to be a jerk about it, just just didn't want to get stuck doing extra work on a regular basis without any tangible reward for his efforts.

He grins as a twinkle of amusement sparks in his eyes as he hears the phrase that the man before him had said since it has been quite a bit since someone said those words towards himself. "getting my cut." finally someone who can understand a bit of business and knows that he could've been gypped out of the reward from their little gathering to do this quest. Looking towards the red coat wearing man he just nods his head towards his request. That makes sense i made you fight all the mobs and had to farm the rewards. It's only fair that you get some kind of work from what i had been doing for the little adventure outside of the town. The question is. How much are you expecting? He asks curiously towards the man before him with a slightly raises eyebrow as he continues walking towards the town since walking while talking with the man. He hits the accept button on a friend request since it will make getting into contact easier then mindlessly wandering.

"Considering we both get the same quest rewards, I was thinking it would only be fair if we split the materials 50/50. After all, we're both doing half the work. I'm the one slaying the monsters, you're the one gathering the materials." He paused for a moment, then continued. "I guess when it comes to things like the chest, you can keep what's inside. You're the one who provided the key, after all. It's your loot."

They continued walking along in silence for a moment, before Bahr spoke up again. "Seems like a fair and favorable arrangement for both of us. What do you say?" He stopped walking and held his hand out to the well-dressed gentleman, hoping he would shake it. If he did, this could be the beginning of a beautiful business arrangement between them. If he didn't, it would seem they still had more negotiating to do. Either way, Bahr was happy to have one more person he could rely on in a game where everybody seemed to be out for themselves. Even if Dagger was probably out for himself, anyways.

That is a deal that i can agree on mister Bahr. He says calmly and shakes the hand of the man knowing that in the long run 50/50 won't be a bad deal for himself since the quests will only get harder, and thus the split of materials that he will gain from this and the dangers that this man will put himself through. Will end up favoring him more so then this red cloaked stranger whom has become another at least temporary bodyguard or adventuring companion with whom he could probably ask his bodyguard alec to help along so the duo can be a trio. One whom in theory should be rather good at whatever it is that they shall set out to do in terms of completing quests or figuring out any goals that hey will wish to achieve. 'one step at a time dagger. you're getting ahead of yourselves. Babysteps. Gain trust. See if not crazy. Work alongside this man with Alec.' he thinks to himself to corrct hsi thinking onto the correct track instead of too far off into the future.

"Great. Sounds like a plan," Bahr declared as he shook the man's hand enthusiastically, a cheesy grin spread across his face. "Now, then..."

Bahr's eyes perused the forest, looking for the clearing that led out of there. Too busy looking forward and not at what was right in front of him, his foot caught on a root that was jutting out of the ground, causing him to face plant, scorpion, then somersaulting forward. He simply groaned and covered his face as he laid still on the ground of a moment, not wanting to look his companion's way after making a fool out of himself like that. Without saying a word, he pointed in a direction down and left of their position. 

"It's over there. The way out. I saw it during my tumble," he said, half of his face still covered by his other hand. Silently, he rose to his feet, dusting himself off and plucking the stray leaves out of his hair.

Spoiler

ID: 119395
LD: 10

Material search failed.

Edited by Bahr

With a amused chuckle he pats the back of Bahr with a sympathetic gaze as he makes his way in the direction of the exit having found the sight unfortunate most certainly, but amusing nonetheless. Making his way through the forest he looks back towards his traveling companion with a obvious ever so slight smile across his face while doing so. SO then mister Bahr would you like to work alongside myself and a associate that i know that would be immensely helpful is allowing yourself to level up and thus be a greater...fighter. I can promise the mats and col shall be aplenty if we all work together in the long run. He says with a slight pause to find the best word that he could use since it is rather strange trying to find a way to describe progress in this game in any meaningful way. Due to the simple nature of one's own skills very rarely improve themselves when its the game basically moving them through the combat of this for their survival. To dodge yes is their own merit with a little assistance by the game, but the strength of attacks and the accuracy to land it was moved by the game.

Bahr thought about Dagger's suggestion for a moment. He honestly hadn't spent much time with many other players. Exposure to new people and more styles of play would probably be useful for him in the long run. 

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'm not the best in combat. Err, not for lack of trying, that is," he said with a nervous chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head. "Any help I can get is well appreciated."

As they made their way out of the forest, golden rays of sunshine washed over them, tree cover no longer available to shield them from its glory. A light breeze rolled through the area, a subtle contrast to the heat of the sunlight. It carried with it a pleasant aroma, like a mixture of cut grass and blooming flowers. "Man, that feels good. I've been feeling it for so long, I almost don;t remember what the real thing is like." He took a short pause. "Hey Dagger," he called over his shoulder, "What do you miss most about the real world?"

What do i miss about the real world? He says softly the question being simple in nature and one where many people should be able to answer possibly off the top of their head, and yet it is something that is rather interesting to think about. Since what does he actually miss about the real world? he stands there in silence as his mind shifts from one thing to the next trying to find something he genuinely misses about the outside world that isn't this video game that has become his personal living hell that he has been trapped inf or years by now. I think the thing i miss is being able to help people with their problems. People in my profession back in the real world are lacking numbers as is, so to lose one while that is just one college student still hurts overall since i lose business. I lose patients who need help. Genuine help. To overcome their pain and challenges they are facing everyday. I miss being able to help them have a better chance of survival everyday. He says simply as he looks towards the ground not wishing to think about the many who could be needing his help but forced to live not receiving it. As he can only hope they found another to take care and help them through their mental problems.

"I see," Bahr said thoughtfully as he listened to Dagger speak. He wasn't sure what line of work this guy was into, but it sounded important. Bahr, on the other hand, had just worked in a factory performing menial labor. He had stopped thinking of it long ago, seeing as he was probably easily replaced. That was one thing he actually liked more about this world, the fact that he had a sense of belonging and importance. He fought alongside his friends with their lives on the line, and they relied on one another to progress and become better. Over the years trapped in the game, Bahr had grown to appreciate certain aspects that were better than the real world.

"For me, it's definitely the girls," he sighed, a disappointed and longing look creeping into his facial features. "Not to sound like a pervert, but I had a really good thing going on with this woman on the outside. Going without a woman's touch for so long definitely takes a toll on a man. I still wonder about her all the time." Actually, all the time. Like, most of the time, almost every day.

He chuckles a bit hearing what his bodyguard had been missing from the real world as he can definitely see how one can misinterpret what his words actually means as he pets the man upon the shoulder slightly before looking towards him with a smile upon his face. Sounds like you don't miss woman, sounds like you miss this lady who was going to be your girlfriend, is your girlfriend, or maybe even a fiance. He says towards the red clothed wearing man with a amused look within his eyes as he continues walking alongside this man as they make their way through the forest as the businessman himself just enjoys taking his idle time to move through this land. having always wanted to go hiking which fom the real world it was due to a lack of time, and now in this game it is because a simple hiking trip could lead to ones death from ravenous beasts who would want to murder all in their path due to their coding.

"I guess you could say that," Bahr mused, looking up. "I'd known her practically all my life. I was actually supposed to meet her on here the day the game launched, but she never showed up. I'm not really sure what happened to her." His expression had turned pretty serious, but he shook it off and nudged his well-dressed comrade with his elbow. "What about you, huh? You got anyone special waiting for you on the other side?" he inquired coyly, not wanting the conversation to be centered fully on him.

His mind was still on her, though. There was no telling if she were dead or alive. If she were alive, should she even be interested in him anymore? The possibility that she had moved on, whether with someone new or not, was something he had to consider. The very real threat of death in this game was another possibility he had to consider. He didn't like thinking about these things, but he couldn't help himself. He would never stop worrying about her, and about what would happen if they met again.

Nope i don't have anybody like that honestly i am just a man with a simple profession that is all there is to it really i don't have anything like a love interest awaiting me on the other side back in the real world. He says towards the man known as Bahr with a smile upon his face as the end of the forest slowly comes into view as it breaks out into the wide sprawling fields with the town within the distance as he nods his head at the sight of it knowing that it means that they are almost done with this quest and for himself means he can go back and identify some gear, or maybe even do a bit more questing with this man and Alec for a conjoined adventure in doing a slightly more difficult quest within a reasonable amount of time for the duo of actual fighters. 'Meanwhile i would just be benefiting off their success while i just rack up as much money and materials as i can for myself to make a small fortune where i can do so.'

Bahr was a silent for a moment as he processed what Dagger had said. "Nothing wrong with that, I guess," he said thoughtfully, not wanting to upset the man, "But I hope you find someone like that someday. It's a lot of good and bad, honestly. But it's worth it." 

Finally, they had made it out of that dreadful forest. No more roots for Bahr to trip over, or trees to bump into, or weak mobs to harass them. It was still a trip to get back to town, so Bahr tried to keep the small talk going. "Tell me a bit about this other 'associate' of yours. What's he like? Level, skills, anything you can give me." It wasn't much of a springboard for the conversation, but it was something. Walking the rest of the trip in silence would be dreadful, and this could be Bahr's chance to catch a glimpse of whoever he might be working with in the future.

He nods his head remaining quite particularly about the relationship part feeling for at least himself he wouldn't find anybody like that within this game, and maybe not even in the real world. However, the hands of fate are quite strange sometimes so he doesn't know where they may lie, but he is doubtful of the outcomes that could occur. Well about my partner he is a rather tall man. A simple way to describe him in combat and appearence is a moving fortress of strength and defenses trust me from that description alone if i had a set of players shown to you. You could very easily point him out from the rest of them. He says with a chuckle knowing that his partner is a rather stand out character among others due to how he is built. Gazing forward he sees that they are entering the town he just glances towards Bahr and extends a hand. How about this i'll get my associate of mine and we'll go do a quest of any kind. You two can choose it for all i care since i am only there for the materials that can be found and unidentified gear that could be had.

Bahr took his hand and shook it enthusiastically. "Deal," he said eagerly, excited to meet the man that Dagger held in such high regards. As they made their way through the city, Bahr couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic. He had spent a lot of time away from the Town of Beginnings as of late, and it almost felt like he was coming home for the first time in ages. That wasn't true, of course. But it felt like it.

"It sounds like the two of you have worked together quite a bit in the past. I guess he's the one who's usually on guard duty, eh?" Bahr mused. It was pretty obvious that Bahr was just a stand in for his usual comrade. "Guess I don't mind being your body guard, either. It was fun, after all. At least, from my point of view it was. You're quite the interesting character."

Before long they had made it into the city center. It seemed their work was done, but it was still fairly early in the day. Bahr wondered what to do next. "Not really sure what to do with the rest of my spare time today. Probably don't have time to get another quest done, but it feels to early to call it quits just yet. You got plans?"

We have worked quite a bit yes. He has been my bodyguard through the lesson quests and onwards through other quests as well so it definitely benefits myself to have himself and one such as yourself. Since combined i am certain my associate Alec and yourself could handle any and every challenge that gets presented. Well then if you are to be my bodyguard i look forward to our future endeavors then bahr may our reward be plentiful and the money be flowing. He says towards Bahr with a grin upon his face as he then nods towards bahr and tips his hat ever so slightly as they arrive at the town center and after Dagger himself turns in the quest he hears the question. Well then i got time to spend today on other quests so if you wish to do so then lead the way on any quest you think you can handle all by yourself and i'll just accompany you by searching for materials instead mister Bahr. He says with a smile upon his face as he can't wait to see what'll occur from this.

Bahr nodded toward his associate. "Sounds good. Shoot me a message when you're ready to party up again. I've been meaning to check out the Butcher of the Sands quest, and it sounds like your friend and I could probably handle it easily. Just let me know and we can head to floor five and get it started."

With that, he turned around and walked away, waving as he departed. It had been a fun day, and while there was still daylight left, Bahr felt ready to turn in. The toll of the battles from earlier were starting to take effect, and he found his eyelids becoming heavier and drooping without him meaning for them to. He yawned lazily, accidentally walking down the wrong street and promptly turning around to right his direction. Then he ended up taking a wrong turn once more and getting lost, which was unusual considering his intimate experience with the Town of Beginning's odd twists and turns. With a perplexed look, he brought up his map, nodded to himself, and continued to walk along, keeping the map up as a guide.