[SP-06] Not Even Myself <<The Gemini>>

Kirbs chugged down a few potions as she stood in the town. The redhead was planning to go hunting today, but an eerie chill up her spine was telling her something was going to happen. Something. She sighed and got her spear ready. It was only floor six. It couldn't be too hard for her out there. Just as she was about to start leaving, a hooded familiar who stood about the same height as her walked up to her. She squinted, unable to see their face. Fishy.

"You look pretty strong," the figure commented. Its voice sounded feminine, so she could only assume it was a girl.

Kirbs didn't comment and only further raised a brow at the suspicious NPC.

"I'm looking to test my skills. If you beat me, I'll teach you a hidden skill. What do you say?" That caught her attention. A hidden school? She could certainly go for one of those at the moment.

Consumed:

-Antivenom Balm (Antidote (2)

-Greater Burning Edge Potions (+3 DMG)

Spoiler

LVL: 21 | HP: 420 | EN: 42 | 9 DMG+3= 12 | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 2 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R4 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

Equipped:

> T1- Aftershock: 1 Bleed, 2 PAR

> T1- Coat of Eulogies: 2 Recovery, 9 MIT

> T1- Sure Shot: 3 ACC

Inventory:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Spoiler

Stats for Gemini:

HP: 210

DMG: 105

MIT: 36

ACC: 3

EVA: 0

Critical Hits: 126 on a natural MD 9, 147 on a natural MD 10.

<<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

1: Gain Paralyze: Removes player action for one turn on natural MD rolls of 9-10.

2: Gain Bleed: Deals (12 * Player's Tier) unmitigated damage every turn for two rounds on natural MD rolls of 9-10.

-Yui's Grace

"Alright," the girl said cautiously, narrowing her eyes to whoever was under that damn hood. "Lead the way."

The shadow didn't waste any time walking away from her. She mentally sighed and followed after the person. It couldn't be that hard to beat her, right? They were only on floor six, so it couldn't be that hard. 

The two walked in silence for a while. Kirbs wondered what was really going through the other person's head. She certainly seemed... off. Kirbs shook her head and blinked. No, it was just a simple NPC she had to defeat. Nothing more, nothing less. This'll be over in a few hours, no worries!

The stranger abruptly stopped, turning their head to face her. "Here is good," she said. The redhead turned to look around. It was certainly barren around here. But she was fine with that.

"Alright," Kirbs mumbled, already gripping her spear tighter. "Why don't you remove that hood of yours? I'd like to see my opponent's face."

Kirbs let out an audible gulp as the person took off their hood. It was... her?

"W-what?" She stuttered, taking a step back. What in the bloody hell was going on? Her was me... and me was her?

"Oh, are you surprised?" The double taunted, taking out an exact replica of Aftershock out. Her voice had venom lacing ever corner of it. It sounded just like her, but not at all. 

"Who the hell are you?!" She screamed, getting her own Aftershock ready for the battle that was inevitable. 

"I'm you... but better!" The clone cackled, lunging at the player with a sinister smile. Her spear dug a large gash at Kirbs' arm, to which she snarled at. 

Kirbs darted forward, using her most powerful sword art on the impostor-- which thankfully hit, draining their health to a little over half. She shouldn't be too hard to kill. Kirbs may not out damage her, but she certainly payed for it with the amount of health she had compared to the fake.

Spoiler

ID: 120202 

BD: 6, Success

12x10= 120- 84= 84 DMG

CD: 10, +2 EN

MD: 8

105-14= 91 DMG

Kirbs: HP: 329/420 | EN: 32/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLE | 2 REC -91 HP

Gemini: HP: 126/210 | 105 DMG | 36 MIT | 3 ACC -84 HP

"You pack quite a punch, girl!" The double grinned, raising her spear to attack Kirbs again. "Too bad you couldn't use that to save your best friend! Bellamy was his name, right?" She taunted, swinging her spear at her. 

Kirbs hissed as she dashed away just in time, the spear just barely missing her. "You... you bastard!" She screamed, lunging forth with her sword art again. She slashed at the double, her blind rage fueling her with every move. "Don't you dare speak about him like that, you witch!" 

The double leaped back with a large red gash over their chest, but that didn't cease the evil grin that it still held. "Hm, a witch? I thought was you?" She tilted her head, smiling. "Face it, you pathetic waste. You could've saved him. You're the reason he's dead." The venom in her words was almost sickening to listen to. The original felt tears pouring down her cheeks as she stared deadly daggers at the double. "Oh, did I hurt your feelings?"

Spoiler

ID: 120203

BD: 4+3= 7, Success

CD: 2, No EN

MD: 5, Miss

12x10= 120-36= 84 DMG

Kirbs: HP: 329/420 | EN: 21/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLE | 2 REC 

Gemini: HP: 42/210 | 105 DMG | 36 MIT | 3 ACC -84 HP

Kirbs yelled a painful scream and lunged at her with crazed eyes. "Shut up!" She screamed, tears welling in her eyes once more. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" She slashed away bits and pieces of... well, herself. Her eyes traced over the depleting HP of the double and it made her smile. 

Sparks went flying from her own Aftershock as she launched the clone back with her spear. Marching over to the limp body, she stood over it with a crazed look. "I told you to shut up, didn't I?" She asked, tilting her head. "You just had to say all of those things, right?" 

The double, still limp from her stun, slowly lifted her head up and grinned at her... although this one was much more genuine than the last looks she gave her. "You still believe it's your fault, huh?" She laughed hoarsely.

"What does that mean?" She replied back with a scowl.

Spoiler

ID: 120204

BD: 10

CD: 1, No EN

MD:

12+2=14x10= 140 DMG

Kirbs: HP: 329/420 | EN: 12/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLE | 2 REC 

Gemini: HP: 1/210 | 105 DMG | 36 MIT | 3 ACC -41 HP

"It means whatever you want it to mean," she replied, leaning her head back on to the ground again. "I'm just you, remember? I think what you think," she sighed, the effects of Kirbs' paralysis finally wearing off. Kirbs watched as her double sat up slowly and smile. "Something tells me than you think that you're responsible still," she commented, staring at the sky with a blank look. "I can't say much about that, really..." She trailed off, her head turning to look over at the motionless Kirbs. "So what are you going to do now? Are you going to kill me?"

"I-I..."

"Like Pinball did to Bellamy?"

The redhead flinched as her eyes grew angry again. Kirbs tightened her fist around the spear as she raised it above her head. "Shut up," she whispered, heavy breaths emitting from her as she stared down at the double with furious eyes. She wanted her dead. 

The double closed her eyes as she braced for impact, but nothing ever came. The clang of metal made her eyes snap open and it widened when she saw the sight in front of her.

Kirbs was crouching on the ground with her head in her hands, tears pouring down from her cheeks. "I don't want to be like him!" She sobbed, the hold on her hair tightening. She didn't want to be a murderer. She wanted justice. How could she thinks such awful things? Murdering someone? Who has she become? "I don't want to be like him," she repeated, sobbing harder. What would Bell think if he saw her like this? Would he be mad? Or even worse, scared? Tears poured down her cheeks even harder as she let out an agonizing scream. She didn't want to be feared! Being feared was the last thing she wanted to be!

The clone stood up and dusted her lap off as she smiled sadly at the player in front of her. "I can't say if you made the right choice or not, but down beat yourself up about it," she said vaguely, putting on her hood once again, walking away without looking back.

"I'm not a murderer."

"I'm not a murderer."

She repeated those same words over and over again as she clutched her head in her hands. How could she ever face any of her friends again if she had murdered someone? How would they react? Would they feel the same way of her like they do to Pinball? A murderer? 

She didn't know how long she had been crouching in that clearing but after a good bit, rain had started to pout. She was on a floor that was a literal rain forest, after all. 

Her hand traced over the ground lightly as she had the other arm resting firmly on her knees. What was she going to do now? She was going to fail everyone either way. What was the point of even doing anything if she couldn't protect the people she loves? Would she kill to protect? She was be murdering for a good cause, then, right? 

Kirbs stumbled into the tavern, rain dripping down from every crook and nanny on her body. She was far too tired to even go home at the moment. The last thing she wanted to do was to be out in the cold and dark rain, too. She sighed and walked tiredly over to a bar stool. "Just get me a glass of water," she mumbled, resting her elbow on the counter and her chin on her palm. The bartender took one looker at her before nodding and scurrying off. Gods, is this what it felt like to be a bloody adult?

The headache she was having was bloody insufferable and it made her feel like her head was about to explode in any given second. The loud noise from the corner of the tavern didn’t make her head feel any better, it made it feel worse. The redhead groaned and whipped her head to look at the dingus bat heads that located a large booth. There was probably at least five players there, chattering their heads off. The girl silently glared daggers at the group until one of them looked up from their conversation and straight at her.

That effectively shut him up and, to her relief, he even shushed some of his buddies. Praise the lord, something finally went right today. A glass of water skid to a halt in front of her as she looked back to the bartender who gave her another nod. She lifted her head off of her palm and downed the whole glass. It didn't make her feel much better about anything. Placing the glass back down on the counter lightly, she sighed and scrolled through her friends' list. As far as she could tell, all of them were alive-- thank the Gods.

Kirbs stiffened as someone harshly tapped her shoulder.

The redhead slowly turned her head towards the person and gave him a blank face. It was the same guy she had glared at just a few seconds ago. If he was going to start a fight, swore she would tear his limbs off one by one-

"Yeah, lady. You need to chill. You look like you're about to rip somebody's face off."

Her eye twitched as she gave him a scowl. "I am well aware. Now, is there something I can help you with?" She said with a bitter-sweet tone.

"Yeah, actually. You need to effing chill before-"

The stranger cut himself off as he averted his eyes towards the moving thing around her neck. Right-- Scarfy, she had almost forgotten about him. Her familiar's head appeared from in front of her and gave the stranger a deathly glare as if almost saying, 'what was so important that you had to march up here and talk?'. 

The stranger audibly gulped after that, still looking between Kirbs and Scarfy with a nervous smile. 

"Well, spit it out," Kirbs said, her eyes narrowing at him.

"N-nothing, nothing at all! Do whatever you were doing!" He stuttered, already making a complete one-eighty back to his booth full of morons, who were also staring at Kirbs and Scarfy incredulously. 

Kirbs rolled her eyes at the bunch and turned her attention to the drowsy looking Scarfy. He honestly didn't look much better than her at the moment. "Thanks, bud," she mumbled, offering a fist bump-- something she's never really done with him before. He stared at her fist for a moment before looking back up at her with a confused look. The redhead rolled her eyes before laughing once again. "C'mon, Scarfy. You've been my familiar for what, almost like, half a year now and you still don't know what a fist bump is?"

She grabbed his tiny clawed hand and formed a fist with it. "Fist," she paused, holding up the Nguruvilu's fist. "Bump," she made the knuckles collide with her own fist as she chuckled softly. "See, you learn something new every day, Scarfy!" She piped, letting go of her familiar's wrist. Scarfy didn't really react much to it-- which she expected-- and just laid his head back on her collarbone with a snort.

Kirbs fell back into the soft space of her bed as she blinked tiredly at the ceiling. She supposed that thinking so much right before sleeping wasn't a very good idea... but she couldn't help it.

One thought kept echoing through her mind as she thought about everything that's happened today. She wanted to kill Pinball... right? That was the only reason she was getting stronger, right? She wanted to make him feel what Bell had to go through.

Right?

Bell. Bell. Bell. 

She smiled sadly at her blank ceiling. All the lights in her room were on... but she couldn't help but feel so dark and cold whenever she remembered he was dead. 

Dead.

How could her Bell be dead? They were supposed to make it out together. They were supposed to go out for that Gods awful tea at that nearby cafe. They were supposed to be gaming on her Gamecube until they both dropped until exhaustion. They were supposed to be getting teased by her brothers again. They were supposed to.

Her whole future felt like it was stolen by her. By Pinball. Maybe she and Bell could've had a future together. Did she actually like Bell? No, scratch that-- was she in love with Bell? Her hands clamped around her sheets as she thought about that. They were in love, right? They kissed and everything. So they were in love, right?

Tears escaped from her eyes as she looked up at the blurry ceiling. Had she been lying to Bell? Was she saying she was in love with him when she wasn't? It felt like love at the time. But she had been separated from him for two years prior to that... so was it just some kind of feeling that was temporary? Had she been acting on impulse all this time? Who was she even fighting for anymore!? Herself?! Bell?! Her bloody sanity?! She felt like she didn't even know who she was anymore.

"Get out of my damn head!" She screamed, clutching her head. So many thoughts were whirling through her head. She wanted them gone.

Gone.

Gone.

She couldn't bare this bloody torture anymore. She wished she was just like some game save file. A few clicks of a few buttons and everything would be reset. Memory wipe. Maybe-- maybe, just maybe. The girl sobbed even harder as she clutched a rouge pillow to her chest. How could she think of such a thing? She was stronger than that! How could she so bloody weak?

How could she not be weak?

Her best friend died. Possibly the only person she cared about other than her family was dead. And he is never going to come back. Forever. She was never going to see that smiling face again. Never that same shade of red orange hair again. Never see those dorky glasses again. 

Never. Again. Her best friend's life was stripped away from him by a murderer. A murderer she has seen countless times and let go. The grip on her head got tighter as more tears streamed down her face. Why. Why did this have to happen? Did she really have to endure all of this crap? How long would it be before all of this doo doo get out of her head? Was it going to be like this forever? Would she always have his frekin' ghost haunting her like this?! She didn't want to feel like this! 

Out. Out.

Out!

She wanted this all out of her head! His ghost! It won't stop haunting her damn mind! Every time she closed her eyes. His face. His face was always there. Yelling at her. Begging her. Begging her to save him. Save him from that filthy murderer. Yelling at her for being unable to do anything.

Her whole body shook as she curled up into a ball on her bed. "Please get out," she whimpered, her voice cracking. "I don't want you here. Please, Bell, get out!" She screamed. It didn't stop. Not at all. So many voices were echoing through her head now.

Your fault.

No it's not!

Your fault.

Is it?

More tears streamed down her face as she clutched the pillow even closer. It seemed like they only got louder. "Stop torturing me, Bell! I'm sorry, okay?!" The redhead's own voice pierced her ears as she heard it echo down to the first floor of her shop. He doesn't forgive me. Although, not said, she knew it. She knew it from the deepest part of her heart. Forgiveness isn't given to those who are weak. That's what she was, right? Weak. If only she was stronger... maybe Bell would be alive. Maybe she wouldn't have to feel any of this.

Kirbs scribbled a small note on the top corner of her parchment paper. She leaned her chin on her palm and yawned tiredly. She's been up... for how many hours again? Four, five? Bloody ten? She's forgotten. She didn't really feel like going out again. It was all a repeat. She was probably going to coop herself up in her shop again for another week or so and just think. Think about everything wrong in her life. Think about everything that sucks in her life. Bell. Pinball. Maybe a few other people. 

Her face nearly slipped off of her palm to which she jolted awake. "What?" She mumbled drowsily, looking around her brightly lit shop with tired eyes. "Oh..." she trailed off, her eyes slowly turning back to the piece of paper she had in front of her. There were messy words scribbled on the piece of paper and it looked very, very unorganized. But she could make out a few pieces of her own writing.

There was a whole list of things. Ranging from quests she hasn't done yet to the names of people. Pinball was specifically scribbled on there quite often-- mostly along with words such as hate, murderer, and kill. Hell, if her pen could snap, she would've gone through at least ten of them by now. It had almost hurt gripping the pen that tight as she wrote down whatever danced into her head.

For once, she had her hair down outside of bed and to safely say, it felt weird not to have her hair in one place. The fact that it's long enough to drape down her shoulders is an odd fact to acknowledge for her. Maybe she should change the color of her hair, like what Dustin did to his? Her hair was bright enough, did it need to be even weirder? She's seen some people with some odd hair before. Kityuisa, Arabelle... now Dustin. She shook her head. Her hair was the most defining psychical trait about her. She couldn't really lose that in such a world like this.

Wet tears rolled down her face as she looked down at the messy paper. That's been happening a lot, too, recently. She would just start crying out of nowhere. It usually happened when her mind was blank and poof. She was crying. Drops of her 'salty' tears fell upon the parchment like rain as she cried her eyes out. It was good to cry. In private, of course. She would wonder what kind of looks she would get if she had started crying in public. She sighed and used the sleeve of her shirt to wipe away the wet droplets from both her face and paper. 

It wasn't long before she started to think about something darker, and now real tears were rolling down her face. "Why, Bell?" She asked to no one in particular as she looked down with shut eyes at her counter. "Why did you have to leave me all alone in such a scary place?"