[PP F2] The Unbreakable

OOC:

A giant mysterious rock is blocking the entrance to the main dungeon. Many players have tried to break the rock but nothing happens. No one has the skills to break it with their bare hands... but then again... none have tried. All that is know is that weapons are useless on this object. If you accept this quest, you must find a way to break this rock and clear the path.

IC:

The boulder was massive, it's bulk easily dwarfed the trees and other vegetation around it. Rumor had it that no weapon could destroy it, Chain had heard an even more legitimate rumor though that punching rocks with your bare hands was a very stupid thing to do. He was at an impasse of sorts.

Rocks... What's with this game and rocks? Chain uselessly slashed at the stone again. The only affect was the vibration numbing his arm. He decided to slash at it a few more times, partly to see if it would work, partly to try and vent some of his anger against how rocks had been treating him lately.

Why wont you, with every word he lashed out at the immobile object again, get out of my way.

It was going to be a very long day.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Sakuri finally arrives to the place where a guy is standing a hitting a massive boulder, he wonder which side of the game he had arrived to. He then realized about the quest he had taken and quickly walked up to the guy which was standing by the boulder.

''So, any progress on hitting it?'' He said while smiling abit. He then began to look around it for any clues which might be hidden on how to move it or break it, but found nothing.

''Well as you probably already come to understanding, i don't think that hitting it will make any difference, we should try a different approach

He then watched over to the guy which was standing next to him!

My name is Sakuri anyhow, and i think that we should try to help eachother out to get this working!

OOC: Sorry about taking so long, i swear to be faster from now on!

IC:

''So, any progress on hitting it?''

Progress? Chain thought as he continued to go to town on the boulder, which had now become less of an obstacle and more of a way he could release all of his frustration. I've made Tons.

He actually had made a bit of progress, but not in the direction of clearing this quest. As Chain continued to go to town on the boulder, which had now become less of an obstetrical and more of a way he could release all of his frustration, he was actually starting to feel a bit better.

It didn't help improve his feelings towards rocks though, he still hated those suckers.

''Well as you probably already come to understanding, i don't think that hitting it will make any difference, we should try a different approach

"Look," Chain addressed the intruder without looking away from his target, "I'm kind of busy here, can't you go find your own rock?

Sakuri was still looking towards the man which stood at the rock without really giving a reply to what the man earlier had said.

''Are you sure there are no other way in? Or is this the only entrance to the dungeon?''

he then kicked the rock abit with his foot in frustration of the mans arrogance towards him. Why wouldn't he want my help He thought.

His face then evolved into a more serious face and said.

''Look, i wanna finish this quest. I don't know fi that's your goal or if you're just being mad at something, either way. We are both in this now and that you are trying to claim this one, wont help either of us.''

he then looked down in the ground with a more relax faced, but at the same time as he did this the wind caught his hair and moved it infront of his eyes.

''I am not asking to befriend you of some sort, i am simply asking you to pass this quest together so we can do some use at higher levels''

He than rapidly moved to lay down and looked up again.

''Anyhow, i will be waiting here untill you're done with whatever you're doing. I don't mind if you dislike it or not''

The newcomer continued to talk despite Chain's unwillingness to share. Between swings of his blade Chain caught a small part of what the other player was saying which added up to something around the lines of: you're in the way, you have some serious mental problems, move so I can finish this quest.

It wasn't going to happen. At least, not at first.

Something had changed. A change so subtle, so tiny, that only an idiot that had mindlessly been staring at the same area for the past five hours would have noticed the difference. In other words, it was reallllly small. The more he thought about it and factored in his mental state right now, it was entirely possible, if not probable, he had imagined it. It had just been such a tiny amount he couldn't be sure. He had to make sure.

He sheathed his blade and stepped back from the boulder looked under the area that the stranger had kicked. Within a few seconds he found it. It wasn't even a sliver, it was less than that. It was a sliver of a sliver, or a piece of a part of a sliver of a sliver, but that didn't matter. What mattered was it was rock, and a few moments ago it had been part of the boulder.

Things just got interesting.

Sakuri was watching this whole process and started to get an interest of what he recently saw. He then looked at the stranger and said

''Maybe you have to use your hands and feet to get through it, instead of a weapon of some kind. Try hit it with your fists.''

He then stood up and walked towards the rock, layed his hand on the rock. Hmm i wonder what the secret might be He thought to himself.

''Have you ever seen anything like this?'' Sakuri said and turned his head towards the stranger.

He then moved back to his original spot and sat down again.

''But you told me to get out of your way so, ill just sit here and inspect what you're doing instead''

'But you told me to get out of your way so, ill just sit here and inspect what you're doing instead''

Wait, inspect what I'm doing? Something about that seemed a little off. It sounded a lot less like help and a lot more like learning from some other idiot's mistakes and taking the credit for their hard work.

And that was a great idea.

"You know, I've been thinking about that, and I'm sorry we got off to a bad start," Chain turned to actually address the other character in hopes he could get this guy to buy into this total load he was about to unleash, "I think this would go a lot faster if we worked together,"and you did most of the work, "so i just confirmed that weapons don't work on this thing, only physical attacks, lets see what you can find out!"

Sakuri listened to what the stranger said and wondered what had had changed his mind so drastically.

''It alright, you don't have to like me.'' He said while he was getting up from his sitting position. He then walked towards the stone and started to think how he was going to do this. Well i guess it cannot go worse anyhow He thought, but then he suddenly got an idea.

''The point is to get past the rock, correct? That means that destroying it is not necessary, correct?

He then jumped up on top of the rock, and started to punch with all his power on top of the rock.

''Maybe if we just would torn the rock up the rock abit up here, we might be able to crawl through''

And then started to punch as much as possible on the rock.

''Maybe if we just would torn the rock up the rock abit up here, we might be able to crawl through''

"Well yeah we could do that," and truth was it would probably be the fastest and easiest way, especially if he got someone else to do it, "but once we made our way though wouldn't we be stuck on the other side of the rock?"

And they would be. For all they knew after that point teleportation crystals might not work and their only option would be to make it through. Because of that it was a stupid, ridiculous, and irresponsible way to go about things.

But it just seemed sooo much easier...

Besides that only makes it risky, not impossible. Not only would it shave hours off of how much time this quest normally takes players, I could use this guy if things got too sketchy.

Chain was starting to like this guy more and more.

As Sakuri's punching slowed down a bit, he quickly gave the stranger a look as he heard what he said.

''I am open to ideas if you don't approve to this idea. And we wouldn't get stuck i believe, since the worst case scenario would most likely be us forced to break the whole rock from the inside. It would just take more time, but with teamwork i think we could boost over the rock again and then just drag the other one up, i guess.''

He then stopped punching and looked into the strangers eyes.

''Is there anything which is concerning you? I thought that the fanatic slashing on a stone was for a reason, more than getting through it''

But then he looked back and started punching again.

''But either way, you wouldn't wanna tell a stranger i believe''

As he had been talking, he finally started to see a really really REALLY small crack which you could see into the other side of the rock.

"I thought that the fanatic slashing on a stone was for a reason, more than getting through it''

"I just really don't like rocks..." Chained said in brief moment of honesty. The only untrue part of that statement was that he didn't just 'not like' rocks. He loathed them, hated them, there wasn't a word strong enough for how passionately Chain disliked those objects. He was aware of how weird it was, but he didn't care, that's just how he'd felt since then.

"Yeah, but what if there's a monster on the other side?" and what if this, and what if that... too many what ifs. "You know what, you're right, screw it lets do this!"

A sudden bout of motivation took hold of Chain and he began to punch the rock along the center line. That way if his buddy up top did manage to sneak them in and something was in there, maybe it wouldn't be that hard to break in half from the other side.

"So... uhhh," Since they were probably going to be there for a while Chain decided to try his hand at personal communication to pass the time, "So like, what do you do for fun? Do you play game or..."

Idiot, of course he plays games, we're stuck in a freaking game.

Sometimes Chain wished there was a way to level up his conversation skills as well as his character abilities.

"

Did he just say he didn't like rocks Sakuri thought. Well i guess its up to him either way, i don't think that could jeopardize anything He thoughts continued.

After the confirmation by the stranger that they would go for it, Sakuri started to give all his energy to punch this rock, as much as he could.

He then heard the guy asking what he did for fun which he replied

''I haven't had fun lately, or well... Ive just tried to get by, both in this game and in life i guess.Haven't really thought about fun actully.

I shouldn't bring him into my personal life, i don't know this guy. And maybe i shouldn't trust him fully. He did seem rather violent.. Sakuri thought as he kept punching. But directly afterwards he notice dthat he could get an arm between the opening and the rock and instantly announced it by saying

''Well it seems like we are getting closer to out goal, Would you like to go first, or should i?''

"Well it seems like we are getting closer to out goal, Would you like to go first, or should i?"

"You." Why would you even ask a question like that? As far as Chained was concerned no one in their right might would volunteer to jump into a potential trap. Sure there was the argument that Chain wasn't in his right might, but he was well enough to not do that.

Besides, Chain thought, This way if things go badly, he's the one that goes down and ill be better prepared next time.

"So yeah, you can go in first and I'll be up here to uhh.."think of an excuse, think of an excuse! "I'll make sure the entrance is clear!"

Yeah, he should buy that, nice.

He nodded to what the stranger was saying.

Seems like i am going in first. Not like i had expected anything else tho, most people wouldn't wanna risk their life. he thought.

After a bit more of punching, there seemed to be a big enough whole which he could crawl through. Then he realized. ''You don't happen to have some sort of light source on you? And also, i am going first since i want you to realize the value of teamwork which is needed for this game. People needs to stop being so selfish and ignorant. If i somehow die here, keep that with you and bring that message forward for me, i am counting on you to do that now.''he said while looking the stranger right into his eyes.

Plato says, "The eyes are a window into the soul."

Thank God that's a lie. Chain thought as he calmly returned the gaze of Sakuri who was starting to spout off some nonsense about friendship and working together, it was fine though because Chain knew the right answer.

"Consider the message forwarded." He patted the player on the shoulder, he'd already forgotten what the 'message' even was.

As for a lighting source, Chain actually did have something.

"Boulder" he shouted into the woods. Moments later Chain's famalair, a two foot tall black stone golem, emerged. The golem was bound together by a light blue fire which was more than sufficient to light up a dark cave.

This was best win/win situation Chain could have imagined. Boulder was a pain in the ass, just not being around was a good thing, his life being endangered was just icing. Plus while this guy and Boulder are down there, he'd be receiving all of the relevant information while simultaneously being absolutely no where near any danger.

"If you need light, this guy should be good enough."

Sakuri knew that the guy weren't listening to him, but he hoped that someday he maybe would understand.

Well, here goes nothing Sakuri thought as he began to crawl in.

Finally inside the cave with his familiar, he said

''Well, i cannot really see anything which would be dangerous. I would appreciate if you could join in aswell''

he said while he had his rapier drawn and kept his eyes focused so nothing would come charging at him.

As Sakuri stood there he started to think Well, even if i did die here. It wouldn't matter.

Both his familiar and the other character foolishly descended into the cave. It took less than three seconds though before the guy started bring up crazy talk like, 'since I haven't seen anything already it must be safe' and 'why don't you come down?'

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

"I think I'm too big to fit through this hole," He lied, "give me a minute to widen it and ill be right in!"

"Hurry companion, his golem sounded calm but something was off, if it stops sustaining damage, the rock will seal back u-

The rest was silence. Well not silence exactly, but the sound was unable to travel through the freshly sealed hole.

This was probably not a good thing for those two guys in there.

Just as i thought... Sakuri thought. ''Well, might have a plan either way''He quietly told himself.

He then ripped a piece of clothing from his shirt and put it on the ground next to the rock, he then began to quickly draw his sword on the rock which caused sparkles to come flying towards the piece of clothing which eventually caught some fire.

First part down anyhowHe thought to himself. He then took the burning cloth wrapping and wrapped it around the tip of his sword so he may use it as an torch. He then ripped another piece of clothing of which he blindfolded the familiar with so the stranger no longer knew what was going on from the outside((No clue how that system works lol)).

He then began to slowly walk further in with his sword ready.

After a while of walking he actually found a a scroll of some kind, which he picked up.I better wait to read it until later He thought.

''I just found a scroll of some kind. Ill trade it with you if you would be able to get me out of here...'' He yelled back hoping that the betraying stranger would hear him.

After he shared that information, he searched for a way to continue on, but it seemed like it was an dead end.Not much of a cave He thought while he still was on his toe and ready for anything.

[censored], it seals up? Chain started to punch at the top of he rock. He wasn't worried about them being stuck as much as him not being able to complete the quest, that would be a pain.

That bastard boulder knew it was going to seal up to. When he gets back I'm going to push him into a river. His fists continued to collide with the rock, Is he trying to escape me? He doesn't get to run away, i have to make him leave!

A crack, finally there was a crack of darkness into the cave to where Chain could hear what was going on.

"Hey, the hole sealed up, I'm trying to get back in. If you can, try not to die." Chain shouted into the crack, he heard some monster sounds in reply.

maybe they're friendly monsters? He wondered, That's possible, right?

Sakuri didn't hear what the stranger had said, he was busy trying to figure out what he would do with the 3 slimes which appeared through cracks in the walls,in the medium sized ''room'' he had found the scroll in.

I don't think they're friendly, better attack before they get ready to attack me He thought to himself. He then quickly looked over to the strangers familiar and removed the piece of clothing hoping that it might aid him in the combat.

He then charged up his first sword skill in the game <> towards the middle slime. But it seemed like he didin't fully gotten control over how to do these sword skills yet, So he missed terribly.

Luckily the slimes weren't fully on the ground yet and could thereby not react when he missed, so Sakuri could back off to a safe distance again.

''Get you [censored] togheter Sakuri!!'' He yelled to himself.

Slime 1: 4/4

Slime 2: 4/4

Slime 3: 4/4

Sakuri: 9/9