[PP F2] The Unbreakable

The hole was big enough now for Chain to mostly understand this situation. Apparently his new found friend had picked something up he shouldn't have and as a result monsters were trying to kill them.

Haven't you ever seen Indiana Jones? whole chunks of rock were being dislodged from the boulder, each one bringing him closer to completing his quest, and maybe saving those two guys. You know, if he had time.

"Boulder!" Chain shouted at the pile of rocks, "Help him out would ya?"

"But of course," the golem adapted a fighting stance as blue flames completely engulfed its body, bathing the once dark cave in a brilliant light blue.

Sadly looks aren't much of a factor in fights, as cool as the glowing golem looked, all its fist did when he went to hit one of the beasts was sink in. The beast's liquid body extinguished the fire wherever it had touched. Luckily the golem quickly pulled his arm back, his power only lightly drained.

Golem 6/7

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He saw the golems attempt to attack, and he also saw it fail. Well, at least i know where he stands a bit anyhow He thought.

But he didn't have more time to think since the first slime attacked him and it actually rammed Sakuri when he tried to dodge it with a roll, causing Sakuri to fly into the wall hurting himself

But he quickly went up on his feets again and got ready for the next attack!

Damaged caused: 2

Sakuri: 7/9

Slime 1: 4/4

Slime 2: 4/4

Slime 3: 4/4

"Hey you!" Chain shouted at the other player through the ever widening crack, "Don't you dare die before i get in there, if you take that item you picked up with you I'll be pissed!"

He meant it too, if the guy did die with item he would be, but not just because of the item's loss. That was a new feeling. Usually he didn't care who died around him, hell most of the time it was funny, but this guy was different. When he was alone hitting a rock with a knife for no reason this guy didn't yell at him or tell him to get out of the way, he just stood there and watched. The most he did was attempt to talk it out, to let Chain work his way through his emotions.

After that not only did the guy figure out the fastest way to get this quest done, he even volunteered for the most dangerous part, the part that Chain would never ask for. Letting this guy, a great potential tool for the future, die wouldn't just be wrong, it would be a sin.

Chain brought his fists down faster and faster. Luckily he'd stacked all of his stats in a burst of energy type skill so the work that'd taken half an hour before was now reduced to thirty seconds.

It was still too long.

"Golem, hit them with the fire!"

It was a risky move, one that had more chance of backfireing than helping. It was their only shot.

1-3 - fire is uncontrollable, reduces Boulder to 1 health

4-7 - a great fireball hits one monster, destroying it

8-10 A massive fireball hits all three monsters, causing 3 damage to each.

Light blue fire pooled around boulders fist that had been recently extinguished. The small golem reared back and threw the ball of fire as hard as he could at the same monster that had harmed him.

The little ball of slime hadn't stood a chance.

Boulder 6/7

Sakuri actually heard The stranger this time, and couldn't help but to smile. Seems like i could have made a difference after all He thought. He then saw a fireball across the room which killed a slime, that made him smile.

He then proceeded to charge the slime next to the one which died while doing a fierce roar, But when he stabbed the slime, the sword just sunk into it and caused no damage at all.

Luckily, there were no problems taking it out again which gave him a chance to get back to a safe distance!

''This is just not my day''He said rather loud while he moved back

[1-5=Miss]

[6-8=1 DMG]

[9=2 DMG]

[10=3 DMG]

Slime 1: Dead

Slime 2: 4/4

Chain was almost proud of his golem as it pulled off the risky attack, destroying one of the three monsters in the process. He might have even started to hate the little guy just a small amount less. might have.

The other guy wasn't quite as impressive, his attack failed for what must have been the third or fourth time.

He may mean well but his fighting ability is nearly nonexistent Chain's fists were knocking large chunks off of the inside part of the boulder now, the only part that would keep his body from squeezing through. O well, he's still be usefull for taking hits, if nothing else.

Or at least he would be if the monsters didn't finish him off first.

How can those two even fight back, swords and fist didn't work, the only thing that did any damage was...

"Fire! use your fire! Your attacks haven't been working because they're immune to that sort of stuff!"

Despite being on a cool down for major attacks Boulder was still able to sheath one arm in blue flames, making him partly combat effective.

This time, instead of the light flames on his arm being extinguished, they burned the enemy. Still, close combat with the creatures left acidic marks down the golem arm.

At least he gave more than he got.

1-3 boulder takes 4 damage

4-7 deals 3 damage, takes 2

8-10 deals 4 damage

Golem 4/7

Why haven't i thought about fire! That's brilliant! He yelled to himself inside of his head. He then looked at the tip of his weapon and noticed the the burning cloth wrap was missing, must have fallen off during the first attack.

He instantly takes of a new piece of clothing from his arm and ties it on the tip of his sword. He then quickly moved towards the golem and stick the sword between the rocky parts so the clothing catches on fire.

He now sees the slime charging him, so he kneels down and puts the sword in front of himself

Since they got no arms, they will have to charge me with their body. I cannot miss this

And he was correct, the slime charge straight into his fiery sword and caught fire and in second, vanished in a million pixels.

''Only one left'' he shouted

[1-3=1 Dmg dealt to both]

[3-6=1 Dmg towards slime]

[7-10=1 Dmg on each slime]

Slime 2: Dead

And im... the last bit of rock that blocked his path finally fell through, In!

He'd meant to roll in and flawlessly turn his roll into a crouch, then when he came to a complete stop he was going to look at the new guy and say something cool. It was the type of thing that only happened in the movies, and this wasn't a movie.

So instead of doing all of that, his foot got wedged in the opening. Instead of help all he could do was hang helplessly hang and flail his sword around in hopes that a monster would run into it.

Luckily Boulder was still in action, though his left arm was too damaged at this point. Instead of risking his last arm in a melee attack he gathered a small amount of compressed fire into his right open palm and opened it towards the two remaining monsters.

Attacks like this were risky in the form of compressing the energy, but were safe in that he didn't come into contact with the acid. Luckily the attack paid off again, a solid beam of fire reduced the remaining monsters health o half making the situation suddenly much more bearable, minus the part where Chain was hanging by his foot.

The blood was really starting to get to his head...

1-2 Backfire 2 damage

3-5 1 damage to enemy

6-8 2 damage

9-10 4 damage to each enemy

Slime 2: Dead

Slime 3: 2/4

Sakuri heard something behind him and turned his head back and forth in a quick motion to see what had happen. He didn't know if he should look again at a slower pace since what he saw was that stranger hanging upside down at the entrance.

Either way, he couldn't get distracted by this. He had to get himself to 100% Safety first!

And this time he knew what to do. He started to rip is whole shirt of while looking determined of what his goal is, he then started to wrap the clothing around the entire blade, not only the tip. Since the tip was already burning it didn't take long before the whole sword started to fire up.

''Ill end this now'' He said rather quiet while he looked towards the slime.

He charged towards the Slime with the sword tip dragged at the ground.

About 2 meters in front of the slime he jumps, with the Rapier close to his cheek, ready to pierce the slime with the flaming sword. So there he came, the guy, with no shirt. and the hair which was being dragged backwards from the wind that the jump caused, flying with deadly speed towards the slime. And he landed with the sword in the middle of the slime, so when the slime vaporized, around the sword, the sword was still stuck in the ground, still flaming.

He then looked up towards the stranger.

''Thanks for coming back'' And then he went back to him dragging him down carefully.

[1-3=1 Dmg to both]

[4-10=2 Dmg to slime]

Sakuri :7/9

All slimes DEAD.

It's hard to act calm and cool after hanging upside down by your foot, but Chain was trying to pull it off. Boulder was making it really hard though.

"So boss," The golem gave that 'I'm about to tell a stupid joke' look, "You really left us hanging back there."

I'm going to kill it

"I'd say you used to be the party leader, but after that you really needed to step down." There seemed to be no end to this torture, "Talk about one step forward and one step back..."

"Enough, enough," Chain told the golem, "Instead of making fun of me, lets hurry up and get out of here before the hole closes up." The player looked back to see that the entrance was already fully sealed, "So like i was saying, where are we at and how do we move forwards from here?"

Why isn't he wearing a shirt?

Meanwhile those the stranger and his familiar were interacting, Sakuri went to get his sword again. So he went and grabbed it, then on the way back to the rock he threw the scroll which he found to the stranger and said nothing, just walked pass him.

Then all of a sudden he started charging the Boulder with his whole body, in pure rage he did fierce shouts as he charged.

''LET ME OUT''he yelled repeatedly. And started punching mid charge aswell.

After a short while he stopped. and replied to what had been said earlier.

''The next thing which will happen is that i am going out from here''and he started to charge the boulder again with the little amount of energy he had left.

It was kind of sad, seeing a man break. Most people wouldn't understand, they'd yell at the guy to man up and whatnot but Chain knew that when people faced death, odd things happened. He just didn't have time for it right now. They needed to move, and fast.

"Yeah, so i enjoy a pointless display of violence as much as the next guy, heck probably even more, but chances are those slimes are going to respawn before you get through that thing." Chain bent down to pick up the discarded scroll, "And fighting that group of guys would be a real pain with only boulder here able to damage, unless.."

Chain paused and looked questioningly at his new companion, "you not planning on burning your pants next time, are you?"

And that's how it's done, make a joke so stupid that people forget to panic.

"Besides," Chain brought up the item's data, "this map tells us exactly where an open exit is."

It just happens to be right behind the floor boss...

Suddenyly Sakuri stopped with everything that he was doing. And then he changed his face expression to exactly how it had been when they first met, pretty neutral and didn't really show if its good or bad.

''Sorry about that... I just.. lost it for a while''.He must think that i am crazy now after this...He thought to himself.

He totally ignored the joke about the pants and kept going shirtless, He just didn't even recall that he took of his shirt. He then slowly walked around looking around saying ''Behind the boss you said...Well i agree that waiting for the slimes to respawn would be a bad idea..

He then opens up his inventory and equipped a regular shirt without any effects or anything. Just a regular shirt.

''Well, lets go then.. Would you like to lead the way, or should i go first?'' he said to the stranger.

"Boulder, you go up front and light our way. Don't take any twists or turns unless i tell you to, according to this map things get pretty tricky." the little guy skipped off to be point, this most likely place o die in this type of situation, "Sakuri, you take the rear and make sure nothing sneaks up on us, we're going to be moving at a decent pace so nothing should, but it's best to be safe."

Plus, in the back is where people always die in scary movies, Chain was having no part of that.

"Since I have the map I'll stay in the middle," making me statistically the most likely to survive, "and guide us to the boss."

They had a plan. Even better, is was a mostly reasonable one with an almost likely amount of success. Sure, fighting a floor boss with just two people would usually be considered suicide for both, but if one were to 'stay behind' while the other ran ahead out of the cave things could end well.

Sakuri listen to what he had to say and actually was pretty happy that he didn't try to lure him into something by making him go first again. It also felt pretty good to actually have a plan of what to do!

''Well it sounds like a plan, ill keep an eye on our backs. you just lead the way then''

He said while walked towards the stranger so he could get a look on the map which they had acquired.

I don't know how we shall get past the boss tho... I might start to believe he'll ditch me at the boss tho.. I should keeåp an eye out for this guy, i do not trust him yet.

While the map did show the general points and outline of the cave, it was obvious very early on that there were hidden events throughout the dungeon that the players had to experience first hand.

Most of these events came in the form of traps. Pressure plates that would release swinging axes, poison darts, and other forms of surprise death. Nearly all of the traps were rendered ineffective by Boulders abnormal height of only two feet, often the little golem would be seen walking without a care in the word as massive and deadly blades danced just inches above his head.

Making him go first was a pretty good idea.

One trap however wasn't so easy to deal with. It started off as a deep rumble and escalated into the entire cave vibrating. '

Something was coming up behind them, and it was moving fast.

Sakuri noticed that the gave started to vibrate. What in the..? what is that? He thought.

He then started to push the stranger in the back o make him go faster. ''Either you speed this up, or we are going to notice what makes this cave vibrating. I am suggesting the first option.

Sakuri then started to move rather rapidly while pushing the stranger in front of him to make him move slightly faster.

''I do not wish to see what's coming. Or even worse, the cave might be collapsing on us.

They then entered a crossroad where they could go forward, left and right.

''Hurry, pick a way! You got the map!

The vibrating seemed to close up on them

The group collectively picked up the pace, Sakuri even went so far as to start pushing Chain in the back to make him speed up.

Hey, is he trying to make me trip? Chain's face was still buried in the map despite the impending danger.

Okay, so the timer in the bottom left corner hit zero and now somethings is coming after us. In about 200 meters the cave splits off three ways, left is a dead end and right turns into a giant pit. That means straight leads too...

He didn't have time to finish the thought, just behind his group the sound that had been perusing them became clear on the map.

It was the unbreakable boulder from the beginning of the quest.

"Go straight! " Chain shouted as he dropped all pretext of holding back and started sprinting all out at a speed that nearly no players his level could match. Without a glance behind him he had passed Boulder and darted towards the gateway between the final room and the cave.

Now the dungeon makes sense. If you don't fully break the rock to get in you get a timer according to how much of it you destroyed, after that timer runs out the boulder starts to chase you down. Whoever makes it to the final room in time faces the boss, if you're not fast enough the boulder crushes you.

As sakuri got told he should keep going forward, he decided to trust the stranger. He did after all come down in this hole eventually.. Then he saw the stranger accelerate, and there was no way that Sakuri could match that speed.

But nevertheless, he picked up the pace to the maximum aswell.

He ran, as fast as he could. When i saw that the stranger and his familiar had made it, he still had some ground to cover. This was going to be a close one He thought as the boulder Came closer.

Almost there! JUST A LITTLEBIT FURTHER And then he dived towards the entrance.

''That was close...'' he said exhausted.. Without even noticing that his foot got stuck between the rock and the doorway..

''Would you mind giving a hand?''He said while looking towards the stranger.

This is perfect the other player character was struggling before Chain, he seemed unable to dislodge his foot., All i have to do is leave this guy here. The boss will attack him and I'll run to safety with Boulder!

But he knew it wouldn't work that way. If he were to take Boulder with him the boss would chase the hostiles over the one that was stuck. He had to find an excuse to leave Boulder here and escape by himself.

"Alright, here's the plan," Chain knelt down in front of Sakuri, he made sure to keep his gaze eye level and strong. As he spoke the Floor boss dripped in from the ceiling behind him, it was a giant version of the slime monsters earlier, "I think this is the same rock from earlier, if it is that means we can break it."

Chain punched part of it and shard of rock fell off, confirming his theory, "You and boulder will stay here and break your foot out, ill run to the other side and try to get the monsters attention, when he turns around attack with all you have, got it?"

He didn't wait for a confirmation, it's not like the guy was going anywhere.

Sakrui observed what the stranger had said towards him, but he didn't like this one plan. I got a strange feeling about this He thought. So he had another plan. Even tho this might go the hell, it would go faster.

''Listen to me, i need you to en flame your arm, and put it between my leg, and the boulder ''He said towards the strangers familiar.

This way the boulder might crack, which would make it break faster Sakuri thought. He also knew that this would cause a bit of dmg to himself aswell, but this was a risk he had top take or the boss would kill him.

And so did the familiar, it put its flaming arm as deep as it could in between the foot and the rock Causing 1 Dmg to Sakuri, but while the familiar was doing this, Sakuri used all his power, and all his speed to punch above the familiars arm.

The rock started to get a crack, from the warmth and the constant pressure of punching.

Sakuri: 6/9