[PP F2] The Unbreakable

Slime continued to fall from the ceiling like rain. As more fell the pool of slime in the middle of the room began to take form. It was a nasty looking thing but if all went well he'd never see what it really looked like.

And seeing as how he was now at the exit of the cave, opposite of the other two with the floor boss in between them, everything had gone well. Three had gotten into this mess but only Chain was going to get out of it. Which was fine with him. Completely fine. It was absolutely nothing but fine as far as he was concerned.

So why am i not running outside right now? He was more disappointed in himself for anything.

That's when he realized he'd miss Boulder. The little jerk with a smart mouth, the one that never agreed with what he said... except when everything was on the line. Whenever stuff got real the guy pulled through more than he could ask for. Even today Chain would have died at the beginning of this quest if it wasn't for that guy.

[censored], he thought, When did i get so emotional.

The player faced the newly formed beast from behind and uselessly shashed it with his sword.

Oh yeah, i need fire. Totally forgot about that. Crap.

Chain 11/11

Boulder 4/7

Floor boss - 22/22

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakuri noticed how the stranger actually attacked the boss and felt relieved. He didn't know if he stayed for his familiar, or for himself But it didn't matter to much, the important part is that he stayed. He was starting to get loose form the boulder and could slowly crawl out of there now with the space that had been made.

He knew that fighting this boss, would be stupid tho. ''Hey! I am soon out, and when i get away from this, we shouldn't fight him. I am way to low for this!'' He yelled towards the stranger still while struggling to get out.

He then told the familiar to help his master instead.

Maybe, i actually made him change his mind about how to live... he thought, but then he forced himself back to the action since he couldn't drift away if he wanted to survive.

While he saw this strange guy fighting the floor boss, the familiar running to help, his own leg stuck under a rock. He couldn't stop thinking about his parents. Maybe this was cause the close to death he was about to get, if he even manage to to survive this.

He weren't afraid if he would die or not, but he were afraid of that he actually never got a friend, or a girlfriend.

If i survive this, i am going to change He thought to himself.

Meanwhile he had still been trying to get out from the boulder, and he was now free. only with 6 health left tho.

So he rushed behind the boss, grabbing the familiar in an arm , then rush past the stranger and grabbed him aswell. His adrenalin was now so high so he dragged both of them, towards the exit of the boss room.

''If you're going to fight the boss, then by all means go ahead. But i will not do at this point, and i would hope that you wouldn't either'' he said to the stranger while dragging them!

While the attack had been been completely ineffective, that wasn't the worse part. This slime wasn't like the other ones, instead of being acid it was more of a sticky type substance that attached to whatever it came into contact with. In layman's terms his freaking dagger was stuck in the monster.

Again? Seriously? The player desperately pulled on his blade, part of the beasts body began to protrude from the rest of the mass, but it still wouldn't let go. How am I supposed to kill you if you wont give me back my weapon?

This was the second time in recent history Chain had to fight a monster for his blade back.

Some part of his mind, a very small and stupid part, thought it figured out how to get the dagger back. It theorized that by bracing his foot against the creature he would then have enough force to pull out his weapon. What actually happened was his foot instantly sunk into the jello like beast, leaving him now completely boned instead of just partially.

And the idiot award of day goes to... me! Yay!

Before he could really start to panic, and Chain was pretty good at it when he had the right motivation, his two companions came around the corner and grabbed him. The combined force of their speed and momentum ripped Chain out of the monsters sticky embrace.

He was completely free, minus his shoe and dagger that were still in the beast.

''If you're going to fight the boss, then by all means go ahead. But i will not do at this point, and i would hope that you wouldn't either''

"Yeah, no, I'm good with this," Chain was still staring at the impossibly slow moving floor boss, his show and dagger still painfully visible, "So, we still got the quest, right?"

Sakuri felt relief when the guy told him he weren't going to fight.

''For your shoe and weapon, you maybe could despawn it and then just equip it again? I am not sure if that will work or how it works, but its worth giving it a shot''

Then he thought about the quest and looked rather thoughtful. Well we did get pass the boulder, which was the main reason for the quest i think.. so we should be able to turn it in? He thought to himself

''eeh, well yeah i guess so, we did what the quest told us, right?'' He said with a tone of concern.

"Well, the log says to turn it in so i guess we're good," Chain wasn't exactly sure how his character earned the <> skill from this quest but he wasn't about to start complaining.

Regardless of having the quest officially completed or not, Chain was aware that the way they did it wasn't the way the game had intended. That is to say, they weren't playing by the rules. But who in their right mind was in this world? It was a game of death they didn't sign up for, fair went out the window on day one.

Besides, Chain eyed the new skill in his character profile, If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

"Hey man, questing with you has been real, and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun." He went to shake the other character's hand, "Although if you ever find yourself wanting to complete another quest, I'm game" as long as you keep volunteering to go first...

"But for now, I'm off."

Sakuri also checked his GUI and saw the he had acquired the martial arts skill! This is something i will most likely never use He thought

"Hey man, questing with you has been real, and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun." Sakuri smiled towards him and said.

''Well, it was nice that you didn't abandon me, and i am thankful for that! Remember tho, you cannot win this game by yourself, so try to help people around you if you get the chance.''

He then grabbed the other guys hand and shake it.

''Be careful out there.''

Sakuri then walked towards the town again

[sakuri exited the scene]

The other guy took off, leaving Chain with his golem.

It had been a rough quest, but for once in a while Chain had enjoyed himself a bit. All the chaos had served as a more effective outlet of anger and stress than any rock ever could have. All in all, he felt great.

"I knew you weren't going to leave me." Boulder smiled his 5 tooth smiled, each rock 'tooth' glistened with the light blue fire that coursed through his body.

Chain looked down at the little guy, "I'm glad you knew," He patted, or rather slapped the top of the golem's head a few times, because I sure as hell didn't."

///Fin///