[LOWEST PRICES | F8 | (Rank 5) Assistant Alchemist] The Technicolor Tincture

Assistant-Class Alchemist [272/320] - 30 Mats

Prices = Col prices available via PM.

Good = 1 Mat for 2

Uncommon =  1 Mats

Rare = 2 Mats

Perfect = 3 Mats

Description

The storefront is a large area, about 20 meters in every direction. There is a large, heavy, dark oak counter separating the storefront from the back. The entire interior has a darkened feel. The floor is made of simple pine wood. The storefront has a couple of leather couches but nothing much else other than a coffee table. Across the counter is the opposite. Apparatus of every type sprawls across the numerous desks behind the counter, even leading onto the counter itself. Chemicals and substances of all sort bubble in flasks of variable sizes and herbs hang from the ceiling.

Display Items

Item: "The Undying"

Quality: Perfect

Description: +40 Overhealth. A white philter that glows a dull cyan colour, swirling slowly in the bottle. Takes like blueberries.

Item: "Juggernaut II"

Quality: Rare

Description: +36 MIT. A crimson red mixture, it appears to have small solids floating inside but somehow tastes like strawberries.

Item: "Juggernaut I"

Quality: Rare

Description: +18 MIT. A crimson red mixture, it appears to have small solids floating inside but somehow tastes like strawberries.

Name: Searing Blade I
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: 4
ID: 49255
Roll: 8+1=9
Item Type: Potion
Tier: 2
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +2 DMG
Description: An amber/red colour like fire or lava, it tastes like victory. Whatever victory tastes like.

Name: Iron Skin I
ID: 49254
Roll: 8+1=9
Tier: 2
Enhancements: +18 MIT
Description: A dull silvery potion that's quite viscous, tastes of white chocolate.

Name: Le HP Potto
ID: 49253
Roll: 5+1=6
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +10 HP (T1 HP Recovery)
Description: A yellowish mixture of watery liquids, it smells like licorice. 

Name: Woah, man.
ID: 49381
Roll: 6+1=7
Quality: Good
Enhancements: Makes the drinker feel extremely relaxed and blow smoke whenever they breathe. 
Description: It looks like a bottle of smoke with green particles settling on the bottom.

Name: Agoo Potion
ID: 49384
Roll: 5+1=6
Quality: Good
Enhancements: Colours the drinkers' eyes bright pink for ten turns
Description: A bright floral pink colour, with several small sparkles inside that look like glitter.

\/ - [Tracking stuff]

Spoiler

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)

[4] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[5-7] = Good item  
[8-9] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[10-11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Rank 5: 160 EXP (6 Crafts per day)

Rank 6: 320 EXP (7 Crafts per day)

Epic Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: 1 EXP
Good Item: 2 EXP
Uncommon Item: 3 EXP
Rare Item: 5 EXP
Perfect Item: 8 EXP

Edited by Ethereal
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethereal sits at his desk, cluttered with alembics and grimoires and decides to craft something. He glances at his inventory; a bottle of Boar Saliva, a Boar's Tusk and Hair of Boar. 'That's a lot of boar drops.' he thought to himself. Right, let's make a simple potion of healing, shall we? Darkwood grinds up the Boar's Tusk into a fine powder and pours it into a mixture of water and herbs, aiming for a health potion.

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

[3]

Ethereal forgot to stir the mix for the required time, the powder sinks to the bottom and forms a brown, watery paste. "Well, that was to be expected" he admits as he places the mud-brown vial into the sink to be washed out later.

Just as Ethereal looked at the time he decided it wouldn't hurt to use his last craft of the day. He grinds up some materials, bubbles them through alcohol and distills the mixture. He hopes it will made some sort of paralysis potion.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[9]

Paralysis Potion

A potion that will paralyze the afflicted target for 2 turns, during which point the target cannot attack and battle roll + 1

The solution mixes perfectly and forms a pure silver liquid, it looks just like it did in the grimoire. "Very nice, very nice indeed." Ethereal comments, before placing it on the shelf above the desk for purchase.

- 1 mats

+ 1 Paralysis Potion

Ethereal sits down and reflects on his recent experiences. His mind lingers on the face of his Demon and he thinks of when he endangered the lives of several new players. He sighs and puts his head in his palms - 'What was I thinking?' he wonders. This inspired him to make a potion as a peace tribute to Dirgun. He thinks of what he knows about Dirgun - he's willing to help new players, loves his familiar and his girlfriend. Ethereal decides to brew a Potion of Fortify Familiar.

He mixes some herbs that come from the Floor 6 Devil Plants with his Boar's Saliva. He boils the mixture and waits for it to cool.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[7]

The mixture fails to emulsify but Ethereal perseveres, hoping he can salvage the potion. He tries to break the components he used down, filter and recover the items he used.

1-6 fail

7-10 salvage

[6]

Despite all attempts to separate the bubbling concoction, the mixture doesn't want to comply with it's maker's wishes.

- Boar's Saliva.

Ethereal tries to correct what he think went wrong in the last attempt and brings out some less potent materials, hoping for a weaker but more stable tincture. He takes some Rageseed and grinds it into a powder, turns it to a paste and tries to mix it into a dampening agent.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[2]

Despite all attempts, the potion turns into a horrible, mud-brown solution. Ethereal facepalms, 'I really should give this some more practice..' he notes before pouring the failure into the sink. 'Maybe my heart isn't in it today.' he decides. Ethereal turns off the store lamp and goes to meditate.

- 1 mats.

Ethereal sits down again. He puts his face in his hands as he hears yet another player - Dirgun - had died. He runs his hands down the back of his neck. Although he hadn't really got to know Dirgun he'd met him a few times. 'I was never able to make up for that mistake, was I?' he admits. His mind moves to Grim's wedding, another person he had only met a few times. He contemplated if he should make a gift anyway and decided he should.

He decides to make a Potion for Luck. He mixes rosewater with some herbs and adds a few drops of molten gold.

- 1 mat

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[9]

The mixture forms a wonderful golden colour, flashing occasionally with bright light. 'This should do.' he decides. He sets it aside for packaging.

Ethereal quickly decides to make a potion that can cure one status effect such as paralysis or poison.

He grinds up some mice bones and boils them in a orange juice extract.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[5]

- 1 mat

The mice bones sink to the bottom of the orange juice. They then explode, shattering the vial they are in. Ethereal falls off his chair. "Well, that was wrong." he says as he gets up.

Jace walks in the door to see Ethereal looking mad. Hey Etheral how about we work together between out two shops. Like you could make stuff to poison my weapons in return I will give free supplies of armor or something. I mean my shop is right across the street. We could do something to work together. Oh by the way I will have a uncommon weapon out soon. Check in to Heavens blades whenever you want. Then Jace looked to find some poison or something to make his weapons better.

Ethereal looks up as a customer walks in. He listens to Jace's offer. "Sure. Sounds like a good proposition. How about you direct your customers here for poisons and buffing potions to complement their weapons, and I provide you with a discount to your customers on their first purchase?" suggests Ethereal. "All I've got in right now is a Paralysis potion you could buy if you want. It's pretty potent." he says, pointing to a silvery potion on display at the front.

Wait that rare potion could maybe if done right use to make a blade or armor electric causing for every three damage done one is dealt back to the opponent. So say some gets a critical on a vertical arc. That's four damage. So the armor causes one damage back. If we do this and you succeed I will give you fifty col. If it fails I will give you twenty col for trying. How does it sound? 1-6 Fail 7/12 succeed.

[OOC GM says that sort of potion has to be Rare.]

"Sorry, that won't work. It was made for paralysis, I'd have to make a new potion for it to do that."

"Excuse me a second, I've got to make some potions before my crafting gauge has to be reset." he turns and gathers up all the required components. He grinds up some bat bones, herbs and Rageseed. He boils some water and adds them to it. He then runs electricity through it, hoping to make a deep purple potion of Fortify Familiar.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[1]

- 1 mat

The glass overheats and explodes, shattering glass everywhere. He looks embarrassed " That almost never happens.." he says.

"I'm confident it'll work this time."

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[10]

- 1 mat

"WOAH" says Ethereal, as he creates his first ever uncommon item. He fistpumps.

Ethereal decides he may as well chance his last crafting item on a poison before he goes out to get more. He gets his Hair of Boar, boils it, concentrates it and adds some Nightshade he just picked from outside.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

[6]

The concoction splutters and forms some sort of health-giving potion. This isn't what Ethereal wanted so he decides to undo it.