[SP-F6] Confrontation <<Deforestation>>

Krysta's preparations trip went well, and now she had just teleported into the sixth floor, just as the time she had ran out. She stopped for a bit, and decided to intake the purchased consumables now. Her damage potential and Accuracy would increase from this. She would also consume her over-health potion, increasing her HP for some time. Hopefully, she would be able to vanquish the monster, and complete her training. However, even when her training is complete, she will need to have a talk with Alanin...she was starting to confirm to herself what the reason for his strange behavior was, and it wouldn't be long before she would fully realize it... "I do hope I'm not late...however, what should I do about the truth regarding Leon? How will I tell him? What should I do if he responds poorly?" She thought aloud. She would soon figure it out, but for now, she had a monster to hunt down.

Consumed:

[T1]Large Hummus Dip(+2 ACC)

[T1]Damage Potion(+2 DMG for an entire thread)

T1 Over-health Potion(+50 temp. max HP)

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  23
HP:  460+50=510(T1 Over Health Potion)
EN:  46
DMG:  8(OHR Rank 4[+4], Saber of the Thunderhearts[+1], Yolviinsil[+2])+2=10(Damage Potion)

MIT: 27(Guardian Vest[+18], Regal Retribution[+9])

Thorns: 18(Regal Retribution)

ACC: 2(Large Hummus Dip)

Equipment:

[T1]Saber of the Thunderhearts(Damage, Paralysis, Bleed)[Equipped]

[T1]Guardian Vest(2 MIT)[Equipped]

[T1]Regal Retribution(1 Mitigation, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

[T1]Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Items:

Teleport Crystal

[Sand Armor Potion](This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing damage mitigation/resistance by one point for one battle. [MIT +27])

Items(consumed):

[T1]Large Hummus Dip(+2 ACC)

[T1]Damage Potion(+2 DMG for an entire thread)

T1 Over-health Potion(+50 temp. max HP)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 4

First Aid Rank 2

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krysta would make her way through the settlement, looking around for Alanin and Laida. However, she would stop and see a cloaked player that appeared to be sharpening her dagger with a stone. The player's cursor was green, so that was no immediate cause for alarm. The cloaked player would turn her head and make eye contact with Krysta. "Krysta, I presume." The player noted. Krysta was shocked by how this player recognized her. "H-how do you know who I am?" She asked. The player would look at her with a stoic expression. "I've been watching you lately...I have heard of the kind of person you are by many. Some say you're a pretentious sort, some claim that you are a healer, and others say that you're a heroic sort. I heard you were trying to kill some of the floors' field bosses. I assume you are here to kill Byakko, aren't you?" She explained.

Keita(the NPC Player):

Spoiler

I1.jpeg.111d5d18012387b7a61befb600431891.jpeg

Krysta had absolutely no clue how this player knew all of that information. But all the bosses were being slain in the span of a single day, so how exactly did she learn of this, and arrive in expectancy in such a short time? It was currently afternoon, about two hours after twelve, and she had begun her trip at about eight in the morning. "I...I began this trip just this morning. How exactly did you hear about my trip, and come here in expectancy, all within a span of six hours?" She asked. The player smirked. "That, my regal friend, is a trade secret.Let's just say for the time being that, I have my ways." She stated. "I suppose you'd like to know my name, so... I go by Keita. I'm mainly an informant, but there are other things I do." She would take off her cloak's cowl, revealing her features.

Krysta took a few seconds to think of what she should say. "Well then... It is a pleasure to meet you, Keita. I do have to go find the two I was supposed to meet over at the edge of this settlement so that I may find and defeat Byakko, but you can feel free to come along, I guess." She stated. Keita nodded. "I know some places that Byakko could spawn in, which is in one of ten spots in the floor at random. I'm sure I can help you track the field boss." She noted. From there, the two players would head over to the safe zone's edge, and see two players returning from training, Alanin and Laida. Krysta remembered that Alanin had been acting strangely, and she had her suspicions as to why. "Leon, Laida, pleasure to see you two again. I-well, it has only been about two hours, but...still, it is nice to see my friends again..."

Keita would give each of the two players a once-over, looking them up and down. A child that appears to be a tank, with a spear and a shield. And this redheaded male who had this whole different appearance. "I don't know the girl...but you, on the other hand....Alanin, former informant, aiming to be one of those 'shining knight' types, I presume?" She would say. Laida would appear a bit confused, while Alanin would be completely shocked. "Ah, Jewel...may I ask who this young woman is?" He would ask, a bit nervously, one might add. "This is Keita." Krysta began. "From what she has told me, she is mainly an informant. She has apparently learned of my current trip to defeat the field bosses, and is willing to join us in the journey to battle against Byakko." Upon Krysta finishing her explanation, Laida would smile and introduce herself to the cloaked player. "Alright, the more the merrier! Nice to meet you, Keita, I'm Laida!" 

Keita would give a light smile to Laida. "Nice to meet you, Laida, and I agree with your words. There will always be strength in numbers." She stated. Krysta would begin to hear a commotion, and see that some of the NPCs in the area looked a bit worried. She would walk over to one of them, asking, "Pardon me, but what seems to be the problem?" The NPC would quickly respond. "A tiger of flame has come to our forests, ravaging the paths and flora in a baptism of fire! You look capable...can we count on you to help us seek out and defeat the creature, so that our vast forests are not left as mere ashes?" She explained. Krysta would stand firm and declare, "I shall not let this creature get away with a life of destruction, it shall be vanquished!" The quest notification would appear, and Krysta would press accept.

Krysta would return to her allies, and Keita would speak to her. "Yes, in case you haven't noticed...Byakko, if left alone for too long, can start destroying the floor, prompting players to challenge it. So far, that tactic has been working. This flame tiger has some pretty good defenses, so you should either have a good damage output, or be ready for a long and rough battle." She explained. Krysta did seem to have a question, though. "But if Byakko can respawn...wouldn't that mean that the Amazons' plight repeats itself every time he returns? An endless cycle of challenge, destruction and flame?" Keita, Alanin, and Laida all seemed to appear a bit disheartened. "That, Jewel, is a problem we cannot solve. It is the Cardinal's decision, not ours..." Alanin explained. Laida would add in her own two cents. "I know you've had to deal with a player's death, Krysta...one of the hardest things about being a hero is, you can't always save everyone..."

There was truth to their words, but that didn't change Krysta's thoughts on the matter. "I...well, we can at least try, can't we? What good will we be if we don't do what we can?" She asked. Keita took a deep breath. "Try not to take it that way, if you can. Yes, it is best that we do good while we can, but as long as we are stuck here, we have to play by the cardinal's rules." She explained. "There will always be things we cannot do, such as preventing Byakko's attacks on the floor's environment." Krysta would then suggest, "In that case, we should seek out the creature before much more damage can be done." The players would all be in agreement, so it was time to set out in order to find the creature. The four would be ready as ever to fight the monster, as well as any other hostile creatures that might interrupt...

It wouldn't be long before Keita would stop to examine something. Alanin would look over to her and ask, "Pardon me, but isn't Byakko in that direction?" Keita would look at him and scoff. "Guess that's why you didn't seem to make the cut as an informant. Byakko has multiple places where he could spawn. If one was to pay enough attention, they could see that there is ash here, that must have fallen from somewhere." She explained. She would examine the ash a bit further, and then she would look in multiple directions. "There, I know where Byakko spawned. We are currently heading north, we need to head east-northeast." She stated. Laida looked over to Alanin, then to Keita. "Maybe you didn't need to put it that way...but thanks for letting us know!" She noted. She would then look over to Alanin again. "So...Alanin, how many times did you face Byakko, or hear, maybe know where he came from?" She asked. Krysta looked over to Alanin, wondering what his answer would be.

Alanin looked over to Krysta, appearing to be concerned, then he would look over to Keita, then back to Laida. "I shall be honest, I only knew of two locations where the tiger of flame would spawn from. Both of which were north of here." He answered. Keita didn't look very impressed with what little he was able to recall. "Not exactly terrible, but by far, you're still a rookie..." She muttered under her breath. Krysta would look at each one of the players, then she would state, "At least he was able to tell us what he knew honestly." She would then look over to Keita. "Keita, do you mind leading the way from here?" She asked. Keita would nod her head, signaling a yes, and would lead the party from there. The players would follow her lead, and soon they would reach an area that was blackened with ashes, some of the area clear or crumbling.

Five tigers would be in sight, but one looked different from the others...it was a blackened creature, with flames that seemed to be a part of it...Byakko. The other tigers appeared to be in a neutral standing with it, but when one bared its fangs, sparks flew. Perhaps they served the monster due to its strength? Krysta didn't know, for she knew little on how these tigers would react on their home being destroyed. Krysta would step forward and declare to the boss, "I have come to end your destruction, tiger of flame! I challenge you to single combat!" While the Byakko knew little of human languages, it would take a look at her posture, how she stood, and how she presented herself. She seemed to be leading the group of humans, and, by the looks of it, she was challenging him to battle against her, leader against leader. Byakko would let out a roaring call, and the spark tigers would run past Krysta to fight her allies. Byakko glared at Krysta, awaiting her move. Krysta would approach swiftly yet cautiously, and sidestep the moment Byakko tried to pounce. She would then turn around and strike the monster from the side using the Sword Art known as Penetrate. Byakko would find that he could not move, and that his fiery blood was dripping out from the wounds caused by Krysta's attack(despite that the blood would not be seen in the battle, due to how the game worked). He glared at Krysta, roaring in anguish for tactics he had not expected.

ID# 124148 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, inflicted Paralysis and Bleed), MD: 4(Miss)

Penetrate: 12x8-40=56 DMG

[Paralysis refrains Byakko from taking action]

Bleed Damage: Byakko takes 12 DMG)

Krysta: HP 510/510, EN 38/46, | 10 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Byakko: HP 82/150, 60 DMG, 40 MIT, Deals half its damage as burn on crits {Paralyzed}, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta prepared herself to attack again, but as soon as Byakko was free, he dove into the still-living foliage once Krysta attempted her attack. Krysta managed to dodge the monster's attack, and then Byakko would try to pounce on her again. He ended up with his teeth on lock with Krysta's shield. Krysta would glance behind her to notice that three of the spark tigers were killed, and the last one fled. Krysta looked back over to Byakko, and the monster would back away, then he would let out another roar. Fiery tigers that were on the more common side would emerge from burning foliage, and rush over to the players who were travelling with Krysta. Byakko wasn't pleased to see how easily the players his opponent was leading easily defeated his allies, who were merely under his command out of fear. Curse them for their weakness! No matter, the blaze tigers that were on Byakko's side all this time should be able to fare better against them...

ID# 124171 BD: 2+2=4(Miss), MD: 4(Miss)

Bleed Damage: Byakko takes 12 DMG

Krysta: HP 510/510, EN 36/46, | 10 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Byakko: HP 70/150, 60 DMG, 40 MIT, Deals half its damage as burn on crits

Edited by Krysta

The clash of man and flame continued, and the Byakko readied himself to attack. Krysta would wait for the opportunity, and put her next move into action. She used the top edge of her shield to make an uppercut on Byakko, disorienting him, and she would strike then as he staggered. Byakko roared in pain and anguish, for this girl was on the verge of defeating him! He was supposed to be the one who burned down the old, thickened foliage, so that a new forest, a new ecosystem, may grow in its place! He was supposed to cleanse the land in a baptism of fire! He was supposed to bring forth a new land through the destruction of the old! There would be death, there would be destruction, there would be fear, but such is the way of life, the way of nature. His destruction would have carved a path for a new, stronger, younger, more lively ecosystem....but this girl was about to rue it all.

ID# 124173 BD: 8+2=10(Hit), MD: 2(Miss)

Penetrate: 10x8-40=40

Krysta: HP 510/510, EN 28/46, | 10 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Byakko: HP 30/150, 60 DMG, 40 MIT, Deals half its damage as burn on crits

Edited by Krysta

Byakko would not dare to let this girl defeat him so easily. He had to win this battle, so that all would proceed as planned, the forests would be reborn through its destruction, and the rain would give new life to the dead land. But as long as foolish humans who fought the inevitable existed, it would prove difficult, potentially impossible, to accomplish this task. Krysta would ready herself to attack again, but the Byakko knew what to do this time around. Krysta would find her original strategy thrown askew, for the monster would push her shield out of position with its paw, and then he would leap to strike her, charging at her while cloaked in flame. It would swat at her to knock her off balance, as to make sure she didn't try to counterattack. Krysta could see the creature's eyes burning with a wrathful intensity, as if a hope was soon to be ruined...but what kind of hope would this creature of destruction ever have, if not to burn down the forests that the native amazons take great pride in? 

ID# 124199 BD: 2+2=4(miss), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG, Burn ability activates!)

Burn Damage: Krysta takes 31 DMG

Krysta: HP 475/510, EN 26/46, | 10 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Byakko: HP 30/150, 60 DMG, 40 MIT, Deals half its damage as burn on crits

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would glance over to see her allies finish off the blaze tigers, then turn her eyes back to Byakko. The monster's eyes burned more fiercely, with the same conviction. He had witnessed his allies fall to his opponent's. He would glare at Krysta, for all was about to be lost. The forest would remain old and thick, new flora will have trouble growing anywhere but the places he had already cleansed, the land around him would not be ready for new life, with a path carved for it through a baptism of fire...fire was a destructive force, yes, but it could pave the way for new life. Krysta would see this fire in the flame tiger's eyes, and she would realize that she had seen similar fires within eyes before... She couldn't believe it. It was a fire of passion, passion for doing what must be done, no matter the circumstances. Was burning a forest truly a deed to be done? She pondered over this for a few seconds, then she took a deep breath. "You believe you are doing what must be done...I feel the same, but not for the same action. It seems that although our ideals clash, we share the same willpower to do what we believe is best for the world around...We shall finish this battle with honor." Byakko would listen to the tone of her words, and pay attention to her body language, though he knew little of it. Granted, he knew even less of human speech, but after some mental puzzle piece connection, he looked deep into the girl's eyes, and saw a flame burning within. A brilliant blue flame, with similar convictions like that of his own...she may be protecting the wrong ideal...but perhaps these humans weren't so bad after all... Krysta would ready herself once more, and Byakko would take the initiative and leap. Krysta would knock Byakko aside with her shield, and then move in to strike, dealing the final blow. Byakko roared in pain. He had failed in his task. The forest would continue to thicken, and become unsuitable for new floral life. The humans would keep the world they so protected, but perhaps they might learn one day...

ID# 124202 BD: 10(critical, +2 Base DMG), MD: 3(miss)

Penetrate: 12x8-40=56

Krysta: HP 475/510, EN 18/46, | 10 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Byakko: HP 0/150, 60 DMG, 40 MIT, Deals half its damage as burn on crits

Edited by Krysta

Byakko would fall limp, his flames would dissipate, and he would shatter into nothing. The deed was done, the boss was dead. Krysta had sustained little damage during this fight, but that was only because she had received only one successful attack from it. While some of these creatures indeed had been just common monstrosities that needed to be vanquished, why did she see other convictions within some of the monsters she had fought? She would turn to look at Keita, and she would ask, "Keita...I looked into its eyes before I finished it off. It seemed to believe it was doing was needed to be done. Assuming I am not imagining things, what could this mean?" Keita thought about it for a few seconds. "Perhaps there was more to Byakko than we first thought. Good eye, Krysta... Hmm...some fires have actually proven beneficial for certain trees, and such a destructive refresh can clear the way, giving more sunlight to the forest floor...maybe...if what you claim is true, could it have thought that by reducing the flora to ashes, a new forest could grow in its place, like some sort of destructive recycling? Doesn't make enough logical sense, but, then again, it is a monster after all, so maybe it didn't have the best methods..." She thought aloud.

Laida would give her own two cents in the matter. "Well, at any rate, the deed is done. Is there anything else you'd like to do before heading back, Krysta?" She asked. Krysta would consider some things. "Hmm...perhaps...anyone mind if I paid a visit to the Waterfall of the Sage? I've had some thoughts on my mind, and I do believe that this place could help me to clear my head." She asked. Alanin would say to her, "I wouldn't mind at all. By all means, go right ahead. We can escort you there, if you'd like." Krysta looked to Alanin, somewhat concerned. "Certainly, I suppose..." Keita looked at each player's expression. She figured out that something else was wrong. She would continue to tag along with this party, and see where this would lead. Krysta would begin walking over to the place, with one purpose for being there a mild necessity at this current moment...

After a short while, the players would reach the Waterfall of the Sage. Krysta turned to look at her party members. "I do hope you don't mind me asking for some space, and...well, suffice to say, I need some time to think." She stated. She would disband the party for one reason only, and that was in case she had trouble in the future involving one of the possible decisions regarding her new problem... She would walk over to the flat stones, and sit on top of the one she entered her mind on all those days ago... she wondered how it would be like, returning there, assuming she could. Her eyelids became heavy, and she drifted off into an unusual slumber, one that meant but a single thing. The experience would be sudden, but familiar, and Krysta had now realized what this meant. She was returning to her mind.

Krysta would awaken in the colorful meadow again. Just like the last time, two rosebushes grew in a linear path, directing her somewhere. She would follow the rosebushes, remembering how many different colors that these roses grew in. She followed them until she reached the same cobblestone gate, which opened up when she drew near. She would enter, and the settlement was not as empty as it once seemed. There might not have been people around, but there seemed to be many wispy auras moving about in bright colors. She would see the white stone palace from before, its color shining from the sunlight. this place...it seemed full of light and joy...then why would there be troubling thoughts deep within her? She would walk throughout the aura-wisp inhabited settlement, and when she reached the castle gates, they opened as soon as she approached them. She would enter the palace, wondering what could be within its walls...

She walked along the path that would lead her to the throne room. Once she opened the doors leading to it, she would walk over and witness something happening. The other Krysta, the one she saw in the previous journey into her mind, was sitting on her throne, speaking to someone in front of her. Krysta would walk close enough to the scene to see who everyone present was. At the moment, it was the other Krysta, and...someone who looked a lot like Alanin, or in this case, Leon. This Leon seemed to be wearing a knight's armor, made from a brilliantly shining white metal. He was speaking to the other Krysta. "My lady, I ask you for this chance. You know of this now, I acknowledge that. Please, accept me, will you?" The other Krysta would sigh, as if she had heard this several times before. "Sir Leon, I acknowledge that you wish for me to accept you. I ask that you cease bringing this question to me, the answer will come...if you can have patience, that is." The knight Leon would bow before the other Krysta, and then leave.

Edited by Krysta