[SP-F6] Confrontation <<Deforestation>>

Krysta would watch him leave the throne room. "Well, that was rather odd..." she thought. The other Krysta would respond with, "You don't say... That aside, I welcome you here, Jewel. I know why you are here, so we haven't a moment to lose. We must discuss something of importance to your connections with Leon. I have already called for a meeting between a few of us, and yourself." Once she had spoken this, the first two to arrive for the meeting would appear. Coming from the shadows, forming from darkness, was Kytras. A cold and icy wind would blow, and condense itself, revealing itself to be...Anidaxta?? She looked much different from before, looking more human than when she was last seen. She still had flowing white hair that covered one of her ice blue eyes, but her flesh and garments were now different. Her complexion was white and fair, glistening the way ice would do under the winter sun. Her apparel was a beautiful, flowing ice blue dress. It would often seem like the illusion that she was wearing ice itself. Krysta believed she looked lovely in this new form. The other Krysta would address them both. "Kytras, Anixa, pleasure you two could make it. I'm certain the others will arrive shortly..."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wispy aura would arrive, and take a spectral human form. Krysta would gasp, holding one hand over her mouth, for the taken form was... "M-mother!?" Indeed, the mysterious aura had taken a spectral form of Krysta's own mother. "How...?" She asked in disbelief. The other Krysta would simply reply with, "Remember that this is an interpretation of your mind, it is definitely possible for the dead to be present, only from what you know of them." Next, a girl who seemed to be made of polished iron would enter the scene. She wore a white dress, held a sword in one hand, and a balance scale in the other. One more would arrive, being another wispy aura that would take a spectral human form. The form that this one took was Leif. The spectral interpretation of Krysta's mother would speak to the two latest arrivals. "Judia, First Lady of the Lightbringers, and Leif, Captain of the Guard, thank you for coming." Judia, the girl made from iron bowed before the spectral form. "Pleasure to be here, Queen Eliora." That...didn't nearly make enough sense. Maybe out of historical respect, but otherwise...

The spectral form of Leif would speak to both the spectral form of Krysta's mother, and the other Krysta. "I arrived, as you have asked, Lady Eliora, Lady Jewel. Leif DuSurv, captain of the guard, at your service." Another would begin to arrive. In the form of a small dragon, about five feet and four inches in diameter, silver in color. The dragon would slow down to a stop, and change form. The taken form looked exactly like... "Alex??" Krysta asked. The other Krysta would look to him. "Alex Silver, warrior of another land, I presume?" She asked as she smiled. The mental interpretation of Vigilon would nod his head, and bow to the other Krysta. "My lady, I came when you asked for me, sorry I'm late..." He would say to her. The other Krysta chuckled. "Actually, you're just in time. We have an important matter to discuss, and we need you for the first half of it." She declared.

There were now eight people in the room, including Krysta. "Now then, everyone is present, we can begin." The other Krysta would state. "We must discuss matters of connection. One such connection is currently risking itself over something that cannot be achieved. Alex, please step forward, for you are the one standing in this connection's path." She declared. The mental interpretation of Vigilon would step forward, and all eyes were on him. The other Krysta would continue speaking. "I must eliminate all doubts, so it is necessary for us to discuss my relationship with him. I request your opinions, all but one of you...and myself." Krysta could tell what the other Krysta meant by "myself", for the other Krysta looked at her as she said this. Both Krystas, and the mental interpretation of Alex would await the words of the others in the room...but what would they say? How would they respond?

The spectral aura depicting Krysta's mother would speak first. "He is a noble-hearted young man, I trust him enough to spend time with her. While he isn't entirely what I imagined, he has proven himself. I declare him worthy." Would this be true? Would Krysta's mother truly say this, or was the Cardinal simply guessing, maybe even just simply messing with her mind? Anixa, or Anidaxta, as Krysta recalled, would speak next. "He has assisted us during the time within this game, and he has shown his devotion through his actions. While the more intimate moments are rare, they are definitely worthwhile. I see potential in this relationship, and I would rather not let it go to waste."  She did have a point, both in the positive, and in the current only known problem. Intimate moments where the two of them could spend time together, unbothered, were very rare indeed...but he was willing to try clearing out his schedule so that he could have such moments with her...

The spectral aura depicting Leif would speak next. "I knew him in life. I'm sure you have figured it out by now, Jewel, but when I spoke of a young man who had good intentions, but had a mild problem with actually achieving it, I meant him. I saw how he was going out of his way to help me, a man who sought to protect and serve all. Some extents of his kindness...actually reminded me a bit about you, Jewel. I see you two as two halves to a greater whole. Together, I am certain you will be able to accomplish far more than you have now." Krysta listened carefully to this explanation. Perhaps this was indeed how Leif saw him. Krysta had indeed figured out who Leif was talking about during those conversations, the ones prior to his demise. She could definitely trust these words, for there was no doubt that Leif would say such things if he were still around.

Judia would be the next to speak on the matter. "He fights for the light, and for what he knows is right. He does what is necessary to do good. There are even some more shadowed deeds that can be done for the greater good. I see untapped potential within, he can make a wise and brave King one day...and he may one day rule this kingdom by your side, my lady." So far, everyone seemed to approve of Krysta's relationship with Vigilon. Then again, this was her mind, so one could guess that the matter would be sort of one-sided. Kytras would be the last to speak. "Oh, this question is easy for me to answer... He may be human, meaning he has flaws, but so are you. You have me....and I really like what I see..." She smiled in a certain manner, one that brought mild concern to the other Krysta, and Krysta's mother. "Now is far too early for such deeds, Kytras...please, hold yourself, and your desires..." The other Krysta would say to Kytras.

The other Krysta would take in a deep breath. "It appears we are already at an agreement, how quickly the first half of our meeting has passed by...I was anticipating for Alex to speak at some point, but at this rate there is no need. Alex, you may return to where you were before being called to this meeting. I await your return." She explained. The mental interpretation of Vigilon would return to his draconic form and head out of the throne room. The spectral auras depicting Leif, and Krysta's mother, would return to wispy auras and leave. Kytras looked in the direction where the mental interpretation of Vigilon had left. "And I await you too, on an undisturbed moonlit night...hehehehehehe......" Krysta would blush out of embarrassment from Kytras's behavior towards Vigilon. Granted, she was in her head, but she still felt that she was in a public place, with all of these others around, even if they were all a part of her mind, or rather, Cardinal's interpretation of it.

The other Krysta would speak again. "Shall we move on, please? We must now discuss the second matter. Sir Leon does not seem to realize the state of things, and he seeks to court me. Something must be done about it." She explained. Each of those remaining would give their first thoughts. "Obviously, we must tell him. He needs to know that his intentions are impossible." Judia would say. Anixa would speak next. "He is becoming a growing issue. He is likely to confess to us soon, but we must beat him to it before either heart can be further broken. Heartbreak is inevitable, at least on his side." She explained. Kytras would then give her first thought. "Just tell him. Teach him a lesson if you have to. Like, give him a half-loss duel he won't forget, maybe kick him in the spot while you're at it." She stated. How quickly all of these thoughts were spoken. It was as if they were in the back of Krysta's mind, only she was reluctant to take action on it.

Krysta decided to speak at last. "Indeed, his intentions are impossible. I can see that he is reluctant to confess, primarily by the fact that he hasn't done so already. However, I will not give any show of force unless necessary." She declared. Anixa had no thoughts to give, but Judia and Kytras definitely had something to say. "Agreed. We shall only act with the sword if he persists after being rejected." Judia would declare. Kytras would look over to Krysta. "Don't be afraid to fight him, Jewel. You are a woman, not a prize to be won. If he sees you like one, show him the error of his ways. We made our choice, and we didn't choose some muscle man who cared only about our looks, nor some knight in shining armor who saw us as one who could only be rescued. We chose someone who respected us, and accepted us as who we are, flaws and all....I wouldn't let anything get in the way of that..." She explained. "It's ultimately your choice, but please, consider my words..."

The other Krysta looked at how the conversation played out, and took a deep breath. "Then that settles it. Sir Leon shall be confronted, and given our rejection. I hereby end this discussion." She declared. She would look to Krysta, and say, "Come forward, it is time you returned to Aincrad. Remember, we shall be here when you need solace." She would get up, and gesture for Krysta to sit on the throne. It made enough sense, for it was Krysta's mind, after all. She would sit down on the throne, and the others would say the last thoughts they had for her. "There will be many times when we are faced with the choice of either doing what is right, or what is easy. We must make the right choice whenever we can." Judia would say. "Thank you for allowing me to return, as one who serves the light, rather than darkness. I hope we can accomplish much, working together." Anixa stated. "Tell Alex I said hi... And just know that I eagerly await the day you two solidify your bond..." Kytras said to Krysta. Krysta would close her eyes, and before she knew it, she was back in the waterfall of the sage.

The sound of the waterfall roared, and Krysta would see herself back in floor 6. She would get up, and Alanin was already heading her direction. "Jewel, you're up! I was starting to get a bit worried, you've been sitting down, practically dormant, for a little over half an hour! I checked to see if you were alright once or twice..." He explained. Krysta took a deep breath, it was now or never. "Leon, if you intend to say it, there is no need. I have figured it out on my own." She stated. "You have intended to confess to me at some point, did you not? I have grown aware that you have feelings for me...but I'm afraid I have to say no." Alanin appeared to be completely shocked, his jaw open in disbelief. "Wh-Wha?? I-... But, I-..." He had began to stutter, for he was utterly dumbfounded by Krysta's words.

Krysta didn't expect this to be his complete response. She would make use of her other item, the sand armor potion she received from the Sand Shark, and then she would speak again. "You didn't know, did you? I am a taken woman, I am in a relationship with another young man, who I have met in this game." She explained. Alanin had one question for Krysta. "If that is the case...if you do indeed have a boyfriend already...then answer me this: Where is he?" He asked. He seemed to be under the impression that lovers would be with each other always, at each and every moment. "Just because he is not here does not mean he does not care for me. What did you expect of two lovers, Leon? The two cannot always be in the same place at all times." It was clear that Alanin did not believe her. "I understand if you do not feel that you are ready for your knight in shining armor, Jewel, but I assure you, we can be together!" He exclaimed. Krysta sighed. "I hoped that it would not have to come to this, Leon...but if you persist..." She pulled up her menu, and sent a duel challenge to Alanin, who would enter a shocked expression once more.

- Sand Armor Potion

[Krysta's MIT has increased by 27 for the next battle]

-Krysta has challenged Alanin to a duel!

Edited by Krysta

Alanin had realized why Krysta had applied the potent Alchemical salve that was dropped by the sand shark. She was readying herself to battle him... "If this is what must be done...Through my training with Laida, I faced some powerful creatures. I have ascended to the second tier, and I will not be an easy opponent." He explained. He went to his menu, accepted the duel request, and swapped out his tier one gear for his new tier two gear. Heavy metal Pauldrons appeared on his shoulders, he pulled out his new Greatsword, and his new amulet appeared around his neck. "I have been saving this gear for a foe I would face in a tier two floor, but if this is what it will take to deal with you, then so be it. You want us to put each other in what we believe to be our proper places in this game by force? Then I shall accept your duel request!" He declared. Krysta pulled out her rapier and shield. "Then let our battle decide the future of this matter!" She declared in response.

-Alanin has accepted the challenge, and set requirements to Half-loss.

(Krysta)ID# 124562 LD: 5

(Alanin)ID# 124563 LD: 11

-Alanin has won the initiative roll, and will be going first.

Alanin's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 25

HP: 500

EN: 50

DMG: 9(+6[THSSR4], +2[Greatsword of the Galehearts])

MIT: 26(Shining Knight Pauldrons[+18], Heavy Armor R1[+8])

ACC: 2(Greatsword of the Galehearts)

EVA: 1(Amulet of the Galehearts)

REC: 4(Amulet of the Galehearts)

Heavy Momentum: 1(Shining Knight Pauldrons[+2 DMG after missing])

Equipment:

[T2] Greatsword of the Galehearts(1 DMG, 2 ACC)

[T2] Shining Knight Pauldrons(1 MIT, 1 Heavy Momentum)

[T2] Amulet of the Galehearts(1 EVA, 2 REC)

Skills:

Two-Handed Straight Sword Rank 4

Battle Healing Rank 4

Heavy Armor rank 1

Edited by Krysta

The other two players would approach the waterfall of the sage, and stop when they saw Krysta and Alanin about to duel. Laida had little knowledge on why this was happening, and Keita was curious as to why friends would duel each other, aside from a spar. The two would spectate on this unexpected turn of events. The timer for preparation would end, and the word <<Fight!>> would appear between the combatants, starting the duel.

Alanin would charge his sword art, and Krysta would raise her shield in anticipation of the attack. The impact of the attack was more than anticipated, and Krysta would feel herself unable to properly move as she fell to the ground. This was not paralysis, there was something else prohibiting her from retaliating. Alanin would look to his own HP, then look over to Krysta. "It seems we both have our chosen tactics. You have your thorns, but I can stun you with my strongest Sword Art." He noted.

(Alanin)ID# 124564 BD: 5+2=7(hit)

(Krysta)ID# [Stunned! Krysta cannot act!]

Tempest: 9x8-54=18

Thorns Damage: Alanin takes 18 Damage

Turns left: 14

Krysta: HP 492/510, EN 46/46, | 10 DMG | 54 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed (18/255 HP Depleted) [Stun immunity: 3 turns]

Opponent:

Alanin: HP 482/500, EN 40/50, | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Heavy Momentum | R4 Battle Healing(+20 HP per turn)(18/250 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Laida would whisper to Keita, "Why are they fighting?" Keita would take a good look at the situation. "I'm not sure yet, but we should wait and find out." She decided. Either the two were simply sparring, or there was something more serious going on here. This clearly wasn't a first strike duel, so there were two more possibilities. She would analyze the situation, seeing that Alanin's HP was regenerating. "Battle Healing. That won't be good for Krysta..." She noted. Laida had no idea what this was about, so she would just do as Keita suggested, waiting to see what would happen next.

Krysta would see Alanin's HP recovering. "Could that be the battle healing skill I have heard of? This will make Victory a difficult thing..." Krysta would get up. She wasn't done yet, not by a long shot. As long as she had a chance, she would take it. She needed to stop Alanin before he lost himself to whatever fantasy he was in. She would raise her shield and charge her sword art when Alanin prepared to attack again. Alanin's attack still had enough force to disrupt Krysta, and she fell to the ground, not stunned, but her attack was interrupted, and Krysta would look to see that her rapier was a yard away from her hand. "Do not think you have won simply because you disarmed me." She declared. 

(Alanin)ID# 124565 BD: 5+2=7(Hit), CD: 8(recovered 4 energy)

(Krysta)ID# 124566 BD: 1(Critical Miss!!)

Battle Healing: Alanin recovers 20 HP

Astral Hell: 9x7-54=9

Thorns damage: Alanin takes 18 Damage

Turns left: 13

Krysta: HP 483/510, EN 44/46, | 10 DMG | 54 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed (27/255 HP Depleted)[Stun immunity: 2 turns]

Opponent:

Alanin: HP 482/500, EN 37/50, | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Heavy Momentum | R4 Battle Healing(+20 HP per turn)(18/250 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Laida and Keita continued to watch, even though there wasn't any answer to the question that was on their minds just yet... "Laida, have either of the two acted unusual at all?" Keita asked. Laida thought for a minute, then she would answer with, "Well, Alanin seemed to be infatuated with Krysta, but how would that lead to them fighting?" Keita would then ask, "Well, does she like him back?" Laida would shake her head. "She has someone else. A player named Vigilon." She answered. Keita would look back to the fight. She figured out the rest. "Then any woman worth her devotion would reject any others who would confess their feelings, as long as she loves the one she is with. My guess is that Alanin wouldn't accept the truth." She explained.

The two combatants would continue fighting. Krysta rolled to the side and grabbed her rapier, and she would raise her shield to block Alanin's attack. She would then attempt to strike back, but Alanin would deflect her weapon.

(Alanin)ID# 124578 BD: 2+2=4(Miss), CD: 12(recovered 4 Energy)

(Krysta)ID# 124579 BD: 3+2-1=4(Miss)

Heavy Momentum active!

Turns left: 12

Krysta: HP 483/510, EN 42/46, | 10 DMG | 54 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed (27/255 HP Depleted)[Stun immunity: 1 turn]

Opponent:

Alanin: HP 500/500, EN 39/50, | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Heavy Momentum[ACTIVE] | R4 Battle Healing(+20 HP per turn)(0/250 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Keita would scowl at Alanin. "Pitiful 'Knight in Shining Armor' types, they think of nothing but the grand triple G: Girls, Gold, and Glory... What a fool, persisting even when someone is clearly taken..." She muttered under her breath. Laida was close enough to hear what she said. "Um...did you have a bad experience with one of those types of people?" She asked.

Meanwhile, the battle continued. Alanin would prepare his Sword Art again, and strike Krysta with full force. The attack would prove to be troublesome in terms of damage, and it seemed that Alanin was making far more progress than Krysta... "That does it. It is time that I too, go for the full offense!" She would attack with Penetrate, dealing a large amount of damage, but not enough to bring her into the lead for this battle just yet.

(Alanin)ID# 124580 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG)

(Krysta)ID# 124581 BD: 7+2-1=8(Hit)

Astral Hell: 13x7-54=37

Penetrate: 10x8-26=54

Turns left: 11

Krysta: HP 446/510, EN 35/46, | 10 DMG | 54 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed (64/255 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Alanin: HP 446/500, EN 32/50, | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Heavy Momentum | R4 Battle Healing(+20 HP per turn)(54/250 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Keita would answer Laida's question. "I once loved someone, but then I realized what people like him truly were within...He got what he deserved... Hopefully, Krysta will be able to show that sort of justice in this duel." She explained. Laida was starting to feel concerned about Keita, but that was enough for the time being. Laida looked over to the slowly worsening battle, and she would think aloud, "What would Vigilon do if he were here...?" Keita would remember that Krysta was with Vigilon, and she knew some things about him, too. "Hmph, he'd probably do something reckless. I've heard plenty of things about him. Even if he waited to see how this plays out, he'd probably try to defend Krysta by either jumping in the way, or challenging Alanin to a duel if she was to lose." She explained.

Alanin would charge his sword art, and attack Krysta with Tempest. Krysta would be knocked to the ground again, stunned. "I hate to see such pain befall you, Jewel. But remember, you were the one who challenged me, so you brought this upon yourself." He stated.

(Alanin)ID# 124582 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG)

(Krysta)ID# [Stunned! Krysta cannot act!]

Battle Healing: Alanin Recovers 20 HP

Tempest: 11x8-54=34

Turns left: 10

Krysta: HP 412/510, EN 36/46, | 10 DMG | 54 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed (98/255 HP Depleted)[Stun immunity: 3 turns]

Opponent:

Alanin: HP 466/500, EN 22/50, | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Heavy Momentum | R4 Battle Healing(+20 HP per turn)(34/250 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Laida remembered that Keita was an informant, so she would just look back to the fight. Hopefully, Krysta would triumph.

Krysta had to disagree with Alanin's words. She was the one who rejected him, and even told him that she was taken. He simply refused to listen. He would prepare his sword art for another attack, but Krysta would block the attack with her shield. "No, it was you who brought this turn of events...I spoke the truth, you simply refused to listen. You heard only what you wanted to hear. Even if I have to make you bleed to see it, I will bring your eyes back to reality! Get out of this fantasy, Leon!" She exclaimed. She would strike him with Penetrate, dealing damage again, and hopefully, she would be able to keep this up. Alanin would get up, shaking off the force of the attack. "What fantasy do you claim I try to live? We belong together, Jewel!" He responded.

(Alanin)ID# 124583 BD: 2+2=4(Miss), CD: 6(recovered 4 Energy)

(Krysta)ID# 124584 BD: 8+2-1=9(Hit)

Heavy Momentum Activates!

Penetrate: 10x8-26=54

Turns left: 9

Krysta: HP 412/510, EN 29/46, | 10 DMG | 54 MIT | 2 ACC | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed (98/255 HP Depleted)[Stun immunity: 2 turns]

Opponent:

Alanin: HP 432/500, EN 21/50, | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Heavy Momentum | R4 Battle Healing(+20 HP per turn)(68/250 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta