[PP-F1] The First Encounter (Haru & Sakura)

This was yet another day he would spend in Aincrad, the world that never ended. Haru looked around with a bored expression as he threw rocks into a pond.. one by one. Life was boring, yet scary at the same time.. he needed to loosen up more. Just for today that was.. it was his "lazy day" after all! He looked up at the bright blue sky and smiled cheerfully.

Sakura smiled cheerfully as she strolled down the ever so familiar fields of floor one, watching everything around her intently. The bright blue sky.. the puffy white clouds that painted the sky.. the lush green grass.. those were only simple things.. but they all looked so beautiful combined together.

Her sword was gripped in her hand carefully, in case anything were to happen. She spun around intently as she hummed, before she spotted somebody looking at her. Immediately she blushed a bright red and stuttered. "Wh-what are you looking a-at?!" she exclaimed in defense as she squeezed her eyes shut and pointed at him.

She cooled down before looking at him with a wow seriously expression. "That was nowhere near a compliment.. anyways.." she muttered under her breath before she saw him walk up to her with a rock. His action would only leave her dumbfounded. "Wh-whats th-that for?" she asked curiously as she took the rock in her hand and stared at it.

She looked at him with a dumfounded expression. "Rock.. s-skipping? Wh-wh-what's the r-rules?" she shyly stuttered as she followed where he was leading her to patiently. And in the distance she could ever so clearly see a crystalline blue pond filled with water. She had a slight hint of what this game was now..

"There's two rules.. NUMBER ONE! That is to try to make the rock skip farther than your opponents! Aaaand.. number two! That is.. HAVE FUN," he enthusiastically chirped before tossing the rock back and forth between his two hands. "Any questions? Objections? Complaints and concerns?" he asked in a childish manner.

"I'm concerned about your mental state.." she muttered under her breath before nodding. "It's aaalllll good! Now lets play! Betcha a million bucks I'll win!" she exclaimed competitively before picking up the rock and gleefully counting with her other hand.

"One, two, three aaandd... go!"

She raised her hand and threw the rock into the pond and watched it skid.

RESULT:

9 skips

He gasped and then narrowed his eyes. "I still have more tries to go! Five makes a round ya' got it? Okay!" he exclaimed before throwing his rock into the pond, watching it skid into the pond. "I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win, wait am I gonna win at this rate?!" he thought to himself.

RESULT: 6

(damn, and I thought girls lose things instead. D: )

He smiled at her and shook his head. "Nothing,' he replied as he sat down on the grass, his feet barely touching the surface of the shallow pond. He watched her confused face and patted on the ground beside him. "Let's talk about adventures! Maybe we can be allies," he said before he imagined Sakura tripping over lakes and monsters, and running away from golems.

"This living ell is anything but exciting.. and T've slowly leveled. At least I can easily raise my blade on a monster, I could never kill a fly at the earlier times. B-But.. I'm getting better and stronger now! I'm advancing as quick as possible, and maybe I'll get to fight the bigger and scarier foes one day! I never have to give up hope.. because Kayaba-san's not winning anything!" she exclaimed as she pumped her fist in the air smirking, as she flashed the zealous glints in her eyes.

"A-Also.. what about you?" she curiously asked.

He crossed his arms behind his head and smiled. "Well glad ya' asked! I wasn't really scared of dying.. and I've always wanted some adventure in my life.. because everything seems so boring. So now I'm just eating this game.. level by level! And if I do escape.. there's always flippin' survivor school!" he sniffled as the thought of being a forty year old in junior year crossed his mind.

He gasped and desperately fanned at his coat and blew on it, trying to dry it, because this coat was about the most precious thing in the world to him. It was like.. his pet. In the meanwhile he watched as Sakura stared at him with emotionless eyes. "I know I'm weird.. but who cares!" he exclaimed before slipping his coat back on.