New Combat System

What do you think?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I like it!
    • Ugh, too much for me.

Combat System Update: Development Stage

Disclaimer: All information on this is currently revised by Daeron and Miaki, this current copy you are reading was the revision of Miaki’s writing. I however, plan on making it shorter for him and making it still simple to understand. The numbers generated are randomly thought of in my head.

Things Requested Be Added:

4th Dice System (Counter Dice)

Currently Being Developed:

Weapon Modifiers

A Small “Copy and Paste†Text Selection Players can use as quick reference

Player versus Player

Party versus Monster

Familiar Usage

To calculate the Damage dealt by a player, there is now a system of two dice needed for combat situations. What is used to tell how much damage is down is the difference in number between the Combat Dice and the Counter Dice. This means that there no longer is a need to make an all new post for a monster’s attack turn. This of course doesn’t count for bosses as they are a whole new tier of monsters.

Base Damage Scale:

When a post is made a roll between 1-10 is randomly generated for the Combat Dice and the Counter Dice. The damage is then determined based on the difference of the two numbers.

Damage Scale

Combat Dice - Counter Dice = Difference

0 Difference (Tied Dice) = 1 Damage Dealt To Both Players/Fighters

1-3 Difference = 1 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 2 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 3 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 3 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Combat System Update: Modifiers

Every Time A Player Hits A Level That Is An Increment of 5 (5, 10, 15, 20), an additional 1 Damage Is Added To Any Hit Dealt. This allows players to deal more damage at higher levels making it more realistic according to MMORPG’s. Typically a level 200 will deal a lot more damage than a level 45.

Since the current level cap is 30. I will go ahead and make a small “Copy and Paste†selection for each of the level increments.

Level 5-9

1-3 Difference = 2 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 3 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 4 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 4 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Level 10-14

1-3 Difference = 3 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 4 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 5 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 5 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Level 15-19

1-3 Difference = 4 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 5 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 6 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 6 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Level 20-24

1-3 Difference = 5 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 6 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 7 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 7 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Level 25-29

1-3 Difference = 6 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 7 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 8 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 8 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Level 30

1-3 Difference = 7 Damage Dealt

4-6 Difference = 8 Damage Dealt

7-9 Difference = 9 Damage Dealt

If Either Dice Is A 10 It is 9 Damage Dealt To The Losing Dice + The Difference Between The Dice

Combat System Update: Health Modification

Since now with this system we are saying that players will be doing more damage at higher levels, this would also mean that players would need higher amounts of health points.

This part was thought out by Daeron alone, with little help from friends, but was mostly his idea.

Since the current system for HP is:

HP = (Level * 2) + 3

My Idea for a new HP system is:

HP = (Level * 5)

This would mean that the following

Level

Health

1 - 5

2 - 10

3 - 15

4 - 20

5 - 25

6 - 30

7 - 35

8 - 40

30 - 150

Allowing a higher inclination of health points per level would allow a player to endure more. This also isn’t counting any armor or equipment that may give a player extra granted HP as an ability.

This would mean that players couldn’t really survive against a player that’s beyond 5 levels above or below their level, making it fair between players. A Level 30 Would Deal 7 Damage At A Minimum. This would kill a player in 2 Hits That’s level 2. However a level 25 would have 125 Health, allowing the fight to last longer. The higher leveled a player is, the easier it is to endure such hits.

Combat System Update: Bosses

With the current system in use for bosses, a boss will only do a maximum of 2 Damage with a possibility to deal that to every player. However, the HP for the boss is also determined based on how many players actually participate in the boss fight. According to the canon, some boss fights took an hour or more with 30+ players fighting it. So to make the system better to fight against bosses, not only will players need to scout out the boss rooms to know what they are facing.

A Boss’ Damage and HP shouldn’t be based on the number of players fighting it, but should be based off of the floor it is on. I have taken the time to actually think through some possibilities for the boss’ damage and HP system.

These are rough drafted systems, none of them have actually been shown to the public until now. I can see there may be a flaw with this system as a floor 26 boss has about 2,704 HP. Although it seems reasonable for a higher leveled boss, this boss would take literally ages!

Boss HP = (Floor * 2) * (Floor * 2)

Floor 8 = 16 * 16 = 256 HP

Floor 26 = 52 * 52 = 2704 HP

Floor 100 = 200 * 200 = 40,000 HP

Boss Damage = (Floor * 1/4 + 10) / 2

Floor 8 = 6 Damage (12 Damage Critical)

Floor 26 = 8.25 (8 Damage Rounded) (16 Damage Critical)

Floor 100 = 17.5 (18 Damage Rounded) (36 Damage Critical)

Again these are ideas I’m pitching in, if you have any concerns or suggestions even about this boss system, contact Daeron or Miaki on the forum through PM and hit me up with your ideas.

This is something I can get behind. Don't expect any super thought out opinions from me here.

To me the idea of a counter roll is one of my favorite additions. Right now if I fail a combat roll, I have to miss like an idiot (unless I took control of a person to make them dodge or block which I am firmly against). The idea that a monster could have dodged or blocked my attack instead and that I can do the same is something I love.

Also, with the current system, combat with something your own strength (as shown by the Gemini quest) is a bit tedious. You are just slapping ones and rarely twos back at eachother until one of you runs out of your 12 hit points. That means a single encounter without any BS could end up adding up to half a page's worth of posts if you are remotely equal!

All in all, you are getting a vote from me! Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...