[F01-PP] Kitten's Beginnings <<TFFLaF>>

"Hum de dum, hum de dum..." Ryan just mumbled to himself cheerfully as he walked through the streets of the first floor. He hadn't quite gotten around to actually training or doing much of anything, so it was within this safe zone that he stayed. He tended to just look after the little kids in the orphanage since they always needed a hand there. But today Ryan finally was going to do something. There was what was basically the tutorial quests that he had yet to do, so now seemed better tham ever to do them. Entertaining the kids was losing it's luster since most of them now no longer needed the comforting. So with his head held high and his tail waving behind him, Ryan set to Zachariah's shop to begin the quest. Despite never doing any quests or leaving the safe zone, he was still confident and kept his happy-go-lucky smile.

@Yukiro

Ryan's stuff

Spoiler

Weapons/Tools:

Sparrow Blade (Rare 2H Curved Sword) [+1 Damage, +1 Accuracy]

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Rank 1 2H Curved Swords

Edited by OmegaNeko

Yukiro stared at the moving tail. His eyes followed it as it whipped back and forth. The next thing he focused on was the ears, which seemed to twitch every so often. His hot drink steamed as Yukiro watched the unfamiliar player walk by. What really drew his attention, though, was the cat-like ears and tail. Were those real? Was it a cosmetic item? He couldn't quite tell. 
What should he do in this situation? He couldn't just go ask... could he?
Hmm... I suppose I can go ask. 
Yukiro stood up and approached the cat-like player. 
"Pardon me," he called out, "I haven't seen you around here. Might I ask your name?" 
Now that he had gotten a better look Yukiro could conclude... that he still had no idea whether they were real or fake. 
With a smile Yukiro continued, "Also, if it's not rude to ask... What are your ears? I mean, are they... real..?" 
No, they couldn't be... right?

@OmegaNeko

Ryan continued to skip along on his way to the quest shop, but his ears perked up once another player seemed to be talking to him. Ryan turned around with a smile at him, giving a small wave. "Of course not silly! But they look super cute don't they? Nya!" Ryan made paws with his hands and giggled, glad someone took notice to him. "And I haven't seen you around either, so just call me Riley. Remember that, since you'll never meet anyone cuter than me! What's your name kitty cat?" Ryan asked, doing a little spin before bringing his hands back to his side. His ears were still perked up a bit in excitement, always excited to meet new people. Both his voice and appearance were rather feminine, so it wouldn't be hard to confuse him for a girl.

@Yukiro

Edited by OmegaNeko

Yukiro was, in fact, convinced this was a girl. Just for clarification. 
"Of course not silly! But they look super cute don't they? Nya!" 
"Ah, yes, they do," he agreed, trying to ignore the fact that he had just asked if they were real.
"And I haven't seen you around either, so just call me Riley. Remember that, eince you'll meet anyone cuter than me! What's your name kitty cat?" Riley did a little spin. Yukiro noted that the ears were still perked up a bit. 
Kitty cat..? 
"My name's Yukiro. It's a pleasure to meet you," he offered with a small bow, "Would you like any help with anything?" 
Yukiro was trying to make it common practice to offer his help where he could. Though that had nearly gotten him into trouble before... Bot that that would dissuade him. 
Yukiro gave Riley a small smile. It was the least he could do to try to seem friendly. "I've got time, so don't worry about my schedule." 
Was she on her way to a quest? That would make things simple. He hoped. 

@OmegaNeko

Ryan giggled to himself again when Yukiro agreed that the ears were cute. They twitched a few times in a row while he looked over Yukiro. His introduction and bow gave off the impression that he was a more proper kind of guy, and the offer to help further gave it off. Ryan took a bow as well just to be polite, since Yukiro seemed nice. "Pleasure to meet you too! I was just about to do the tutorial quests since the orphange stopped needing me. Since you have the time, would you mind keeping ths kitty company?" Ryan asked, pointing at himself as he turned halfway, his tail more easy to see now. It was coming out from under his clothes, not clipped on or anything. "Don't worry, I'm not planning on getting into any combat, it's just some material gathering for a bit from what I've heard. Perfect time for us to get to know each other!" Ryan said, doing another spin and making a paw motion with his hands.

@Yukiro

"Pleasure to meet you too! I was just about to do the tutorial quests since the orphanage stopped needing me. Since you have the time, would you mind keeping this kitty company?" Riley turned a bit, apparently showing off her tail. "Don't worry, I'm not planning on getting into any combat, it's just some material gathering for a bit from what I've heard. Perfect time for us to get to know each other!" 
Yukiro smiled and nodded. "Sure, I'd be happy to tag along. I think I know what quest you're referring to as well." Yukiro paused for a moment. "Um, your tail's very cute too." 
Was that the right thing to say? He was never really sure anymore. I suppose it wasn't the wrong thing to say, so it should be okay. 
It was nice that she was cheery, at least. 
"Well, I suppose I'll follow you, so lead the way," he offered with a gesture in the right direction. "Feel free at ask me anything." 

@OmegaNeko

Ryan was about start walking towards the shop when Yukiro complimented him and said that his tail was cute. This got him all giddy inside, making his tail stick straight up. "Aww thanks! Glad you like it! All look though alright? I don't appreciate when people try and pull it, still hurts!" Ryan said with a smile, doing a few small claps. The pause from Yukiro was a little off, but Ryan just saw it as Yukiro starting to like him. So he thinks I'm a girl huh? This is gonna get awkward fast. Ryan thought to himself as he put one hand to his chin, snickering a couple times. He just led the way now to the shop, quickly arriving there since Ryan had already walked a ways there before meeting Yukiro. "I'll just go accept the quest inside real quick, be right back!" Ryan said, before opening the door heading inside, his tail almost waving at Yukiro as he went in.

@Yukiro

"Aww thanks! Glad you like it! All look though alright? I don't appreciate when people try and pull it, still hurts!" Riley chittered.
Yukiro smiled a bit, glad that she was so happy. Though when she started snickering he started getting a little concerned. 
They arrived at the shop very soon afterwards as they weren't very far off. "I'll just go accept the quest inside real quick, be right back!" Riley said as she slipped inside, her tail seeming to wave at Yukiro. 
"See you in a moment!" 
With a heavy sigh Yukiro leaned back against the building's wall. Nothing to do now except for wait. 
How many times had he done the first quest? It had been quite a bit by now. He had to wonder what would be different this time. 
As it turned out, Yukiro was not feeling very patient today. He decided to step into the street (after finding an empty part nearby)  and started swinging his sword around. It was something to keep him occupied, and besides, heaven knows he needed the practice to stay sharp. 

@OmegaNeko

Ryan didn't take too long inside. He got through the dialogue and accepted the quest in about 1 minute. After he knew what to gather, Ryan would leave the shop and step back outside, waving at Yukiro. He walked up to his side to not get hit by the sword. "Alrighty! Just gotta get out there and fetch 5 materials for the guy. Shouldn't take too long right?" Ryan said with a smile and slight shrug. He saw Yukiro's sword swinging briefly, making him think for a moment. "So you use swords too huh? I haven't gotten in practice at all yet, so if we meet sometime after this maybe you can give meow some pointers!" Ryan suggested, now walking past Yukiro to head to the edge of town so they can get to collecting. He looked back and gave Yukiro a wink, just to further tease him since it seemed that he thought Ryan was a girl.

@Yukiro

"Alrighty! Just gotta get out there and fetch 5 materials for the guy. Shouldn't take too long right?" Riley said as she got close to Yukiro.
Yukiro stopped swinging his sword when he noticed Riley, sheathing it at is side. 
"Sometimes it takes a while. But we should be fine," Yukiro smiled. 

"So you use swords too huh? I haven't gotten in practice at all yet, so if we meet sometime after this maybe you can give meow some pointers!" She walked past Yukiro towards the edge of town, turning back and winking at him. 
Yukiro blushed a bit. 

No! Stop! Focus, Yukiro! Don't get distracted!
Shaking off the fluster that had been coming on Yukiro jogged to catch up. 
"Ah, um, yes. Of course," he nearly stammered, "Have you ever been outside of town before?" 
Yes, change the subject. Smart move Yukiro. 
"If not, I can help you learn what to look for. Unless you already know." He needed to prepare himself for whatever she'd do next. He couldn't afford to get flustered at everything forever. 

@OmegaNeko

Ryan giggled at how easy it was to get Yukiro flustered like this, thinking of how much longer he wanted to let Yukiro think that he was a girl. When asked if he had left the town before, Ryan paused for a moment, before nodding. "Yeah, sometimes I took the kids outside to play out of town. Only rarely though, I didn't want to take too many chances." Ryan answered, briefly recalling those days. They had a little ways to go before they would be out of town still, so Ryan tried to come up with something else to ask. "So, what do you do for fun around here? I don't know much about anything outside of this town." Ryan asked, now walking at Yukiro's side. It was basic to ask sure, but nothing else could really come to Ryan's mind at the moment. While they walked, the tail would occassionally pat against Yukiro's back in it's waving rhythm.

@Yukiro

"Yeah, sometimes I took the kids outside to play out of town. Only rarely though, I didn't want to take too many chances." 
Yukiro looked at Riley in surprise. "Kids?" 
"So, what do you do for fun around here? I don't know much about anything outside of this town." Ryan asked, walking at Yukiro's side. 
As Yukiro was about to answer he felt a tap against his back. It happened again. And again. Finally, Yukiro turned to check what it was, only to find Riley's tail tapping him every so often.

Yukiro went a little bit red again, but quickly tried to focus on answering the question at hand.

"Fun... I don't really do much, to be honest. I sleep out on a hill sometimes. And I fight boars... Yeah, that's pretty much it. Oh, I also eat," he added, as though it needed to be added. 
Yukiro glanced around. He needed something to talk about besides his lack of an interesting life. 
"Um, what about you? What do you do for fun?" 

@OmegaNeko

It took a second for it to click in Ryan's head that Yukiro had no idea who the kids he was talking about were. "Oh! Sorry for not explaining. I used to help out at the 'orphanage' where me and a few others watched over the much younger players since they couldn't just be left alone. That's why it took me so long to get around to this quest, spent these last two years helping out there." Ryan explained more in depth. He let out a small chuckle seeing Yukiro's face turn red, hiding it well this time. What he did for fun seemed a bit on the basic side since well, it was pretty much nothing apparently. "Ah, for me it was just playing with the kids, that was fun. Besides that there isn't much else. Hoping I can find something else now that I'm actually playing the game." Ryan answered, letting out one deep sigh. Yeah, he really needed an actual hobby in this world.

@Yukiro

"Ah, for me it was just playing with the kids, that was fun. Besides that there isn't much else. Hoping I can find something else now that I'm actually playing the game." Riley answered, finishing with a heavy sigh. Yukiro could relate to that; so much of his time was spent fighting mobs and working in his shop that he never really got a chance for a hobby. He did go on quests with others on occasion, but... Well his life outside of fighting was lacking. 
"Well... I guess we'll be seeking out new hobbies together," he proposed, "Maybe I'll take up reading." 
Well, reading books that aren't just combat manuals. 
Yukiro Glanced over at Riley. "So you worked at an orphanage? I didn't know there were children in here. It's a little sad that such a thing would happen to those so young." 
As he finished that dramatic statement Yukiro promptly tripped over a loose stone and fell flat on his face. 

@OmegaNeko

Ryan liked the idea of getting into reading too, but would there even be that much to read in this world? Maybe other players have done a bit of writing, but outside of the in-game books most likely on lore, he doubted there would be any good reads from the real world. "Reading sounds nice, like if you have your own home by yourself somewhere you can just sit down and enjoy a good book." Ryan said, trying to picture the ideal reading setting. At Yukiro's next question, Ryan gave a quick nod and was about to elaborate on it, but that was when the boy tripped and fell face first on the ground. Ryan quickly got down and helped him back up, giving him a quick pat on the head. "You good there kitty? Maybe just be a little more careful so your own feet don't do you like that!" Ryan said with a small laugh. He knew that since they were in a safe zone he was fine, so it was okay to joke about it.

@Yukiro

Yukiro felt Riley helping him back to his feet after his fall. She also gave him a pat on the head, which confused Yukiro a little. "You good there kitty? Maybe just be a little more careful so your own feet don't do you like that!" she said with a small laugh. 
Yukiro sat up and stayed that way in a daze. His head spun and his body wobbled for a full minute before he recovered. Shaking off the stun, Yukiro stood back up. 
"I'm fine, I'm okay. Thank you. For the help," he started, "I'll... I'll be more careful."
When they continued Yukiro was much more observant of the ground beneath his feet. 
And now he had no idea what to say. None whatsoever. He'd already made a fool of himself. And he had nothing interesting to talk about. 
"So, um... What have you been doing lately?" 
Stupid question. Get it together Yukiro, you're nearly out of town!

@OmegaNeko

Ryan started to walk again once Yukiro stopped wobbling and seemed to be fine now. "No need to thank meow! It's impossible to get hurt here anyway!" Ryan said, waving off his thanks. It was enough at this point for Yukiro's self inflicted foolery, so once he asked what Ryan had been doing lately, he thought for just a few extra seconds since they were almost there. "Not much really besides helping out the kids, but hey! Here we are! We can finally get to searching, we only need 5, so this should be fast with the two of us. So let's make this quick okay?" Ryan said, putting his hands on his hips and winking at Yukiro once they finally reached the gate. There weren't any real specifications on what needed to be collected, so it would be easy to find the materials. "Just take whatever looks good for a potion, just in case the NPC actually checks them."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 129091 | LD: 20
1/5

"Not much really besides helping out the kids, but hey! Here we are! We can finally get to searching, we only need 5, so this should be fast with the two of us. So let's make this quick okay?" Riley said once they finally reached the gate. "Just take whatever looks good for a potion, just in case the NPC actually checks them."
Yukiro nodded. The last thousand times he'd done this he had just picked a bunch of flowers, which seemed to work. And if he remembered correctly... 
Ah, yes! There was a flower bed right by the city gates. Yukiro walked down to it and knelt down to pick one of the flowers. 
"Just as a forewarning," he mentioned, "The flowers you pick might shatter. If that happens, don't worry to much about it. The system is just like that sometimes." 
As fate would have it the first flower Yukiro picked, a bright pink one, did not shatter in his hands. Instead it was added into his inventory. Lucky him. 

@OmegaNeko

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID: 129092 LD: 13

1/5 Materials found

Ryan walked over to the same flower bed that Yukiro had went to, looking for a good flower to go with. Although after hearing what he said and seeing the first flower not shatter, Ryan felt confident now that this would be a cinch. He kneeled down and picked a nice big blue one, staying in tact just like Yukiro's. "That's already two out of the five we need, this is easier than I thought! Or maybe it's just the system giving the good ol' classic beginner's luck. Probably that." Ryan said, showing the flower to Yukiro for a moment. It was just a typical blue flower that was just bigger than most. "Thanks for coming out here with me by the way, it's nice having someone to do this with rather than doing it alone." Ryan thanked, giving a big smile to him with his tail waving happily behind him.

@Yukiro

Edited by OmegaNeko
Spoiler

ID# 129119 | LD: 7 
1/5 T1 Materials found (5 each)

Riley kneeled down by Yukiro picked one of the flowers. It collected into her inventory instead of shattering
"That's already two out of the five we need, this is easier than I thought! Or maybe it's just the system giving the good ol' classic beginner's luck. Probably that," Riley said, showing off the flower for a moment. It was a somewhat large blue flower that fit the stereotypical image of a flower. 
"Thanks for coming out here with me by the way, it's nice having someone to do this with rather than doing it alone." Riley gave Yukiro a big smile, her tail waving happily behind her. 
Yukiro smiled back at the girl, 
"No problem. I'm glad you enjoy my company." 
Yukiro did have a fair number of people he knew at this point, yet somehow it was still comforting to hear that he wasn't a complete bother to others. After all, he wasn't yet strong enough to be of use in any other way. So it's good that he could at least be welcoming to those who were just starting out. 

@OmegaNeko

Edited by Yukiro