[F01 - SP] <<Training Your Friend>>

Yukiro left the library. It wasn't that he didn't like the library anymore, it was just... 
Okay, he didn't like the library anymore. He'd spent way too much time in there to have enjoyed it. Yukiro stretched. The warm sun was beating down on him and he was ready to do literally anything but sit in that dark building reading about familiars he'll never need to know anything about. 
As he started walking down the street to where the big gathering was he saw a familiar face sitting on a bench. 
Noctua was sitting there with an owl. Oh, she must have gotten a familiar too! He should go congratulate her... 
Oi, oi... What is this? 
"... and I really struggle to talk to anyone besides Koga, or even Yukiro!" 
Oi, Noctua... Are you talking to an owl, Noctua? 
"So it's nice to have someone else to talk to, right?" 
The owl just stared at Noctua. 
Yukiro decided it would be best for him to just turn and leave. 

Edited by Yukiro
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed walking down the main road Yukiro realized that it had gotten much, much later then he'd thought. He'd missed lunch! Yumi had missed lunch too! That needed to change fast. Yukiro looked around for the closest place that had food he could find and power walked there like a man on a mission. He walked right in and ordered something for himself and something for his familiar. The waiter came back with hash browns and bacon for Yukiro and a small plate of... Yeah, no, Yukiro didn't want to think about eating that. Yukiro greedily scarfed down the meal, sparing not even a single scrap. Apparently Yumi had also enjoyed his... that... 
Anyway, once Yukiro had paid their bill the two got up and left. Yumi seemed to have slept and eaten enough, as he was bursting with energy. The sugar glide ran up Yukiro's arm and climbed his neck to reach his favorite place; right on top of Yukiro's head. 

Edited by Yukiro

What now? Yukiro thought. He just started wandering toward the center of town. It was a warm day. The sun was out and shining, the sky was  blue an completely free of clouds. For the sake of it being a nice day Yukiro unequipped his jacket. He probably would have done it sooner if it weren't for the fact that he'd been cramped up in a cold, dark library for over three hours before. 
But oh well. That was in the past. 
Yukiro had to winder who would want to dress warm on a day like this. Surely nobody was that much of an idiot. People aren't like that, he told himself. 
Of course that meant he was going to find someone who more than exceeded those conditions for idiocy. And it was going to happen around the area he was fast approaching; the teleport station. Someone was already fully prepared to prove him wrong. 

Edited by Yukiro

Yukiro walked down into the town square, where the teleport platform was located. It stood around a meter higher than the ground, so it was easy to see who was coming and going. That's probably why Yukiro noticed another familiar... or what he thought was another familiar face. 
NIGHT, or what Yukiro thought was NIGHT, was bundled up in more than several layers of thick, warm clothes. How much did that cost? And why is she wearing... all of that? he asked himself. While he wanted to point out to her that what she was wearing was... odd at best, he figured he would spare her the embarrassment. 
And if she wasn't going to floor four in that, he would have had to say or do something that would be greatly unwanted. 
Even Yumi seemed confused by her peculiar choice in outfit, probably understanding that what she was wearing was entirely unprecedented for the weather. Or for most any weather, really. 

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

129397 | CD: 5 (forgot link in roll)

Well, Yukiro guessed it was about time to leave and stop silently judging NIGHT for being weird. Yukiro started speed walking down another random path, trying to escape the weirdness of those he was familiar with. 
No such luck for Yukiro, of course. 
As he was walking Yumi started telling him (by barking at it) to look down an alleyway, not for any particular reason. And he encountered another person he knew well. 
Violet was was standing in the alley. She was with an NPC. She was trying to rob the NPC. She had her knife out and was trying to extort money from a non-player character. Yukiro just stood there with a certain look on his face. It was his 'what are you doing Violet, and why are you doing it' face, specifically for situations like this. 
Violet looked up and happened to notice Yukiro giving her that look. She paused for a moment and the two just stared at each other. 
Violet turned and ran away, vaulting over a wall. 

Edited by Yukiro

I know I'm not a normal person with not normal friends, but please, can't I have just one normal friend?
Now, at this point, Yukiro has triggered what's called a flag. A flag almost guarantees something critical will happen only moments later. 

He saw a person he only recognized because he sent him a shield recently. Dererick was running down the street with something massive chasing him. Yukiro prepared to draw his sword and engage the beast, but that was before he realized what it really was. 
Pigeons. An unseemingly massive army of pigeons was chasing Dederick down the obscure road. As he ran Yukiro noticed him carrying a bowl of soup in an arm he was huddling over as if to protect it. Yukiro just stood there as the boy ran past him. He over heard him saying something too...
"... Power of... compels you... leave my soup alone!" 
Yukiro re-sheathed his sword. This was quietly decided to never be mentioned again. 

Edited by Yukiro

You know where Yukiro wouldn't find anyone who he knew being their usual level of weirdness? Out in the field! He started to dash to whichever exit to town he could manage to find first. As he ran Yumi occasionally jumped and glided from Yukiro's head to Yukiro's head a little further on. He seemed to enjoy games like this, so Yukiro just let him do as he wanted to. 
As he approached the gate Yumi started to make a rasping sound that reminded Yukiro of a cicada. Once he got to the gate Yukiro realized what it was. Yumi was warning him of a large number of mobs. 
So many, in fact, that Yukiro would have assumed some kind of event was going on. 
It was not. It was just another person he knew. 
Jackpot, the merchant was running from a horde of mobs so big that Yukiro could only assume it was the entirety of every boar, wolf, and insect in the field. 
Yukiro fled the scene. 

Edited by Yukiro

As Yukiro ran from the gate Yumi started to bark again. It chihuahua-like noises call Yukiro attention to a particularly tall tree. And of course, the person he knew who was climbing said tree. 
Koga was more than halfway up the massive tree. Yukiro started to stop when he saw the man's hand slip just a little bit. Then his foot. Then his other hand. And he started to fall like a stone that had been hurled down by the angry tree. Yukiro watched his friend hit the ground like a meteor from space, and he wouldn't have been surprised if there had been a small crater when he landed. 
Yukiro sped up. 
No no no no, stop, everyone just stop making me feel like my life is just a series of unfortunate events! 
Huh. Now he was referencing the book in the library he hadn't read. That was a very bad sign. 
As he ran Yukiro heard Yumi start to bark again. 

Edited by Yukiro

Yukiro didn't stop when Yumi started to bark. He didn't stop when the barking got louder. He should have stopped. As he ran a blur of red and white came sliding at him, nearly plowing into Yukiro and taking him down with it. Fortunately Yukiro managed to vault over the sliding mass just in time. 
Yukiro had to stop and stare at the lump of red jacket and mess of white hair laying on the ground. 
Oh, wait, that's Bahr. 
Had he just... Been sliding on his face? How had he gotten going that fast? Why was he sliding on his face at all? Was he okay? 
These were all things Yukiro wanted to ask. But he wanted to get gone even more. So he started running again. 
Is this punishment for something? Did I spend too much time reading? Does fate just want to rub in the fact that nothing is right now!? 
"AAAAAUGH!" Yukiro voiced his current feelings, startling several passerbys. 

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID# 129399 | CD: 7
3/3 Successes, familiar has been trained!

Hold on... had Yumi been warning Yukiro about all those things? Had he been calling his attention to those things that Yukiro had not seen coming? 
Huh... Sugar gliders really were helpful partners. Yukiro slowed to a stop (eventually) and took the small critter off of his head. 
Hm... 
The sugar glider stared up at Yukiro. A small squeak came from the little guy. 
Yukiro smiled. "Thanks Yumi. I guess I'll be counting on you to help out now. Keep up the good work," he said, placing the sugar glider back on his head. A soft purring sound came from Yumi's body. 
Heh, I guess we can go do things now. 
But first, he had people to avoid. So Yukiro ran as fast as he could, back to the main road, into an alley, through the maze of paths, and into his shop, where he and Yumi would spend the rest of the day. 
The rest of the day until he got a message from Koga. 

To: Yukiro
Hey man, I found a quest with a really cool reward. I need some help with it, but we can't use out weapons, ok? Meet me at these coordinates. 

Edited by Yukiro