» [Rank 2] Rapier
» [Rank 1] First Aid

Equipment:
» Faithful Night [Perfect Rapier [Accuracy // Accuracy // Damage]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]
» Owl's Wings [Perfect Trinket [Accuracy, Recovery, Evasion]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» Starter Healing Potions (3)
» Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) (5)
» Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) (1)
» Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) (1)

Familiar:
Athena

She had just left Koga's party and now, was staring at her new feathered friend. She knew what she wanted to train the snowy owl to be, but the question was, how to do it. She wanted to train Athena to be a healer, she needed the heals for when things get dicey. She has had it happen, and quite frankly, doesn't want it to happen again. She knows that she can heal others, but she can't heal herself in the same way. So why not have Athena watch her back that way? That was going to be easier wasn't it? Less having to worry about how many potions she had on hand and how many teleport crystals she had. Nope, she would just have to issue a simple command to the owl, and she would be healed. Not for much more than likely, but still more than she had before. That was the goal, to never die. At least, not until she knew that it was safe to do so. When that was going to happen was the golden question though. Right, back on track. She looked at Athena and nodded lightly. "So, shall we do this by actually fighting, or do you want to just attempt without me fighting something?"

Of course, the owl couldn't answer back with more than just a hoot. But that was still an answer. Guess it was time to go and fight a boar or two to train her new healing companion. So, out the gates they went of the town and back into the wilds. Don't let me die. That was a simple thought, and one she wasn't about to voice out loud for reasons.

In Combat:

Spoiler

HP: 159 (160 -1)/160 // EN: 14 (16 -2) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Boar: HP: 42 (50 -8)/50 // DMG: 15

ID: 129173
BD: 10 (7 +3) >>HIT<<
Sword Art: Rip Ravine
DMG: 4 x2 = 8

MD: 8 (9 -1) >>CRITICAL HIT +1<<
DMG vs Noctua: 15 +1 -18 = 1

It didn't seem to take them very long to find something to attack the moment they left the town. She was watching the area, and soon enough a monster marker started to appear. It was alone at least, so that was good for starting things off. She unsheathed Faithful Night and looked at Athena. "Wait here, I'll say 'heal' when I want you to heal me okay." The answer was a hoot, she was going to have to get used to hearing that all of the time now. It was going to be a nice sound though. The moment she knew that Athena was going to stay safe in the skies, she looked back at the boar and she started to channel Rip Ravine. Of course, she had new skills that she could test, but she also wanted to have Athena be able to heal. She didn't know how quickly her new skills would end up killing a boar. Perhaps the next one.

Rushing forward, she shoved her glowing purple blade into the boars side twice, watching as some of it's health disappeared. But her attack angered the boar as it turned toward her and charged, hitting her right in the stomach. Good thing for her stats though, for she lost just one health point.

Edited by Noctua

In Combat:

Spoiler

HP: 159/160 // EN: 13 (14 +1 -2) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Boar: HP: 42/50 // DMG: 15

ID: 129179
BD: 5 (2 +3) >>MISS<<
Sword Art: Accel Stub
DMG: >>MISS<<

MD: 3 (4 -1) >>MISS<<
DMG vs Noctua: >>MISS<<

And off the cycle went again. The boar was back and ready to move, while Noctua was starting to channel one of her new skills. Only, she didn't judge how soon the boar was going to be ready to attack, until he was charging her. She quickly dodged to the left, only to miss the boars attack. But she also watched as the purple glow on her rapier faded from her own attack being unable to be finished. Well, didn't that just royally suck? Oh well, there was always the next attack right? Currently, she was counting to see how long it would be until she could have Athena try to heal her. Not just yet, a few more moments though and they should be golden. But even still, that was something that she couldn't just watch out for. No, she still needed to be sure that this boar wasn't about to call friends to come to it's aid.

Edited by Noctua

In Combat:

Spoiler

HP: 159/160 // EN: 12 (13 +1 -2) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Boar: HP: 42/50 // DMG: 15

ID: 129180
BD: 4 (1 +3) >>CRITICAL MISS<<
DMG: >>MISS<<

MD: 1 (2 -1) >>MISS<<

And around they were again, facing each other. She knew that any moment, the boar was going to attack her, so she was going to wait this time to channel anything. It was just a stare down for the moment, but then, the boar moved. Since she had been watching it, she was easily able to move right out of it's way. But while channeling Accel Stub, she managed to miss the boar, by a lot. She sighed as she shook her head then, trying not only to catch her balance, but to calm herself. She needed to be able to focus, not sit here and waste time thinking about what to do. So, facing the boar once more, she started to take measure of it, and honestly might have forgotten that Athena was there for the moment. She just wanted to kill this thing, and it wasn't like it was able to do major damage to her anymore.

Edited by Noctua

In Combat:

Spoiler

HP: 158 (159 -1)/160 // EN: 11 (12 +1 +1 -3) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Boar: HP: 30 (42 -12)/50 // DMG: 15

ID: 129181
BD: 9 (6 +3) >>HIT<<
CD: 12 >>+1 Energy Recovered<<
DMG: 4 x3 = 12

MD: 8 (9 -1) >>CRITICAL +1<<
DMG vs Noctua: 15 +1 -18 = 1

Okay, this game of no one hitting anyone was starting to get old. She really just wanted to see what these new skills of hers could do, and that wasn't possible if she was missing ever darned hit. So, throwing herself back into her concentration, she focused. She was going to time things just right, even if it meant getting hit by this boar. The boar seemed to catch it's bearings again and was charging for her. The moment that she saw this, she got prepared to channel Accel Stub. The boar's hit came first though, right in the leg too. She grimaced at the impact, but otherwise felt fine. That was good at least. But now, the boar was right where she wanted it. Channeling Accel Stub, she quickly let the attack go, stabbing the boar three times right in the chest. She watched as it's health dropped some and she smiled as she backed a few paces away from the boar. This might work for her after all.

Edited by Noctua

In Combat:

Spoiler

HP: 158 /160 // EN: 9 (11 +1 +1 -4) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Boar: HP: 14 (30 -16)/50 // DMG: 15

ID: 129183
BD: 9 (6 +3) >>HIT<<
CD: 11 >>+1 Energy Recovered<<
Sword Art: Quadruple Pain
DMG: 4 x4 =16

MD: 1 (2 -1) >>MISS<<

She had one more attack that she wanted to use, and she figured that she had a good way to cause the boar to miss it's next attack if she could time this correctly. So, watching the boar's movements, she started to channel Quadruple Pain. Wait, wait, wait, now! The moment that the boar charged, she used her attack, strikings it's front left leg, causing it to slow down. Then came the attack on the front right leg, causing it to stop completely. The last two hits were for the back legs, and this caused the boar to lose a chunk of it's health. But the bad news, that actually took our some of her energy too. Well, that was going to make her have to watch out for things a little closer after wards. But the skill was well worth it if she was ever to be in a jam again.

Edited by Noctua

End Combat:

Spoiler

HP: 158 /160 // EN: 7 (9 +1 +1 -4) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Boar: HP: 0 (14 -16)/50 // DMG: 15 >>DEAD<<

ID: 129185
BD: 11 (8 +3) >>HIT<<
CD: 12 >>+1 Energy Recovered<<
Sword Art: Quadruple Pain
DMG: 4 x4 = 16

MD: 6 (7 -1) >>HIT<<
DMG vs Noctua: 15 -18 =1

Okay, if she did this just right, this would be the last hit on the boar and it would die. She just had to think on that as she focused on the boar just a little longer. She let it charge, she doubted that she would be able to do what she did before on the same boar. She had a feeling that they were smart even if others wanted to think of them as dumb. She kind of got lost in that thought and wasn't pulled out until she felt the headbutt against her stomach again. Well, that was dumb of her now wasn't it? She took this moment to channel Quadruple Pain once more and she hit the boar in it's four legs once again. That was when the cloud of blue happened and she smiled lightly. Yep, this was going to work perfectly well for her. She looked at Athena as the owl landed on her shoulder and she quickly sheathed her rapier. This was probably going to be best done inside town, where she wouldn't forget that she was training a familiar.

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

HP: 160(158 +10)/160 // EN: 8 (7 +1) // DMG: 4 // ACC: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Training Roll:
ID: 129188
CD: 5 >>FAIL<<

The walk back to town was fast and simple since they managed to stay right outside of it. The moment she didn't need to worry about getting attacked by something, she turned and looked at Athena. "Heal me." She watched as the owl just stared at her. Dumbfounded. Well, that was to be expected really. Noctua chuckled lightly though and gently stroked Athena's head. "Don't worry little one. We just got to practice some more. you will get it I promise." Walking over to an empty bench that was a bit secluded, she sat down and watched as Athena perched herself on the back of the bench. This was going to be a long day, she knew it. But she was ready to make that commitment to get this little owl to learn to heal. She watched as Athena's little head swiveled to look at everything that passed by them. Curiosity certainly was in the little bird.

Edited by Noctua

The bench wasn't as comfortable as one would think really. But that was probably just because she was tired and wanted to relax in her bed. Perhaps that was something that they could do. Go to the shop then to her inn room. That had to be helpful for training right? Noct was pretty sure that just sitting in one spot wasn't going to help the learning process. In fact, she knew that it wasn't going to help. She could learn while sitting still, but being able to move and do things was better. Being able to learn hands on was better. Just look at how she was doing here. Of course, a majority of that was because of Koga's help, but that was a different point entirely. Looking to Athena once more, she figured that she could try to get to know the owl some more. Perhaps there was a favorite food or something like that. Those were questions that she was starting to form in her mind, mainly because she wanted to be able to ask them not only one by one, but to give the owl time to think as well.

Edited by Noctua

"Okay Athena. Question time. What would your favorite food be?" Okay, to anyone just passing by her, they would think that she was crazy. She might as well be. She was asking an owl to tell her what her favorite food was. This was going to be more difficult that Noct originally thought, but she wasn't going to stop. She was dedicated to the question now. Oh how Koga would probably be shaking his head at the moment. She was literally talking to this owl and waiting for a response. Right, back to Athena, she smiled at the owl and she stroked her left wing. "Okay, you can't speak to me. I might just have to attempt feeding you random things to see what you like." Athena gave a short hoot in response and Noct nodded her head. Good, the owl agreed. That meant that this whole adventure might be made easier. Because then Athena might just listen to her and be willing to work.

Edited by Noctua

Athena soon pecked her head though and it made Noct curious. "What pretty bird?" Well, that got her an excited hoot in return. Seemed that the owl loved that little nickname. She would be sure to remember that. In fact, she was glad to know that she found something that this owl liked so far. Even if it just was a nickname. That was a start to something. She grabbed one of the pieces of food that she was given from that gypsy and she held it out to Athena. She watched as Athena picked at the treat. It was almost as if the owl was thinking as well. Noctua was finding it kind of funny really, but she didn't know for sure. Either way, she was enjoying just the moments of watching the owl pick at the treat. Soon enough, Athena managed to devour the treat and was hooing, as if asking for another one. So she gave the owl another treat.

Edited by Noctua

Hm, they were going to have to figure something out soon. Sitting here on the bench wasn't going to be the best thing to teach the owl how to heal. nope, it isn't going to work at all. But still, she didn't want to change venues until she worked with Athena for training this time. But, that didn't stop her from turning to look at the owl. "Okay Athena, I know that the first attempt at this didn't work. But that doesn't mean that you won't get it this time." She smiled lightly at the owl waiting, to see what the owl was going to think on it. She waited and waited, and soon enough, Athena managed to hoot lightly with an owl sort of head bob. Okay, that was adorable and cute. Noct wanted to know how to get the owl to do it more often now, especially if it got her this happiness from the owl.

Edited by Noctua

Right, now was going to be the perfect time to try. She sighed lightly before she smiled at Athena. "Okay Athena, heal me." The owl looked at Noctua and seemed to focus for a moment, before she noticed a white light surrounding the owl before her health bar tried to say that she gained more health on top of her already regenerated health. That was great! "Great job Athena! Let's do that two more times and I will consider you having learnt how to heal. How does that sound pretty bird?" The snowy owl hooted excitedly as her head turned, making Noctua slightly nauseous. That was one thing that she did not envy an owl for. She stood from the bench then and looked at the owl. "Time to go somewhere else to practice. I don't want you getting bored of sitting here attempting to learn." She waited for Athena to fly to her shoulder before the two set off to go somewhere else.

Training Roll:

ID: 129286
CD: 9 >>SUCCESSFUL #1<<

Edited by Noctua

Well, she got a successful attempt from Athena on healing. So that was a bonus to this adventure. Soon they were walking the familiar route she took to get to the shop after a trip in the wilds hunting. She occasionally spoke to an NPC and other times, Athena would fly beside her and she would ask the owl something. "So Athena, are you happy?" That was the main question she wanted to ask the owl. It would make her happy to know that the bird was happy, especially since Noctua just took her from her normal habitat. But, Athena seemed to be content as she hooted and flew a circle around Noct's head. Good, that was another good sign. A happy pet made a best friend that anyone could talk to without having to worry about it talking back, or spilling your secrets. Ah, the shop was starting to come into view, but they were still a few minutes away.

With the shop being close, but not entirely wanting to go in yet, she made a stop at one of the markets near by. She wanted Athena to be able to explore everything that she wanted to explore. That was going to be the best way for her to be able to let Athena out to roam and be free when she was crafting. She really didn't want to make the owl stay cooped up either in her inn room or in the shop. Oh speaking of the owl not being able to spill secrets, she didn't have any currently. Or did she. "Hey Athena, random question. What do you think of Koga?" She stopped walking and the owl landed on her shoulder before gently pecking her ear. Noctua laughed lightly and pretended to swat the owl away. "So does that mean you like him?" She heard a happy hoot, or at least a hoot that she was going to think was happy and she smiled lightly. "Good, because I do too."

Edited by Noctua

She watched as Athena moved down to Noct's wrist and she gently patted the snowy owl. "So little one. Where are you going to perch yourself the most? My arm or my shoulder?" A look that simple stated, why not both was given to Noctua. This made her laugh once more before she started to walk again. She had a feeling that Athena was going to be a great companion to talk to when Koga wasn't around. Perhaps she could even use the owl to help her decide on things. Like the confusion on what is going to happen now. Of course, she knew that she was going to keep Athena, that was guaranteed. But what was going to happen between Noctua and Koga? They were technically dating now, if that is what it can be called in this hell of a game. She liked that though, and she didn't want it to stop. But she still wondered if she was even right for him. She had no true plans to go to the front lines, but she had the feeling that he wanted to be there.

Edited by Noctua

That was the dilemma that was in her mind. Athena seemed to sense that something was bugging Noct, for the snowy owl bit at her hand sharply. Not hard to hurt, but hard enough to grab Noctua's attention. "Sorry Athena. Guess I just got too wrapped up in my thoughts." The owl hooted softly, as it asking for more information on what was going through Noct's head. A small smile came on her face then and she nodded lightly. "Right, you probably want to know. Well, I like Koga, obviously, but I don't know if I can go to the front lines, or how long it would take us to get there. But I also don't want to chance him getting hurt without me there to heal him." A sighed came from her then as she looked at the owl. "What do you think I should do?" Of course, there she went asking her familiar to answer a question that the owl couldn't actually answer.

Edited by Noctua

"We will do it this way. If you can heal me, then I will continue to work and grow with him to reach the front lines." There was a pause as she stopped walking and looked at Athena. "So, go ahead Athena, heal me." This time it seemed to come a little faster and easier than the first time. The white glow was there moments sooner than before, and it was rolling over Noctua, healing her once more for the health that she hadn't lost in a bit. That was her answer though wasn't it. She smiled and nodded, "Right, a deal is a deal. I will continue to work hard, as long as you promise to keep healing me." Athena gave a hoot before a flutter of her wings happened, causing her to take to the sky a little bit. That was nice because Noct's arm had started to get a bit tired.

Training Roll:

ID: 129287
CD: 11 >>SUCCESSFUL<<

Edited by Noctua

She noticed that Athena seemed to be a bit worn out from that last successful heal and she lightly grabbed the owl and started to hold her. "Well done Athena. I'm proud of you pretty bird." The white owl hooed lightly as she seemed to burrow herself into Noctua's arms. If this wasn't adorable, Noctua didn't know what was really. With a free hand, she gently stroked the top of the owl's head as she walked. "You know Athena. I wonder how far mine and Koga's relationship actually will go. I mean, I'm genuinely curious." A small head swivel as the owl looked at her, the blue eyes seeming to pierce into Noctua's mind. "What? Do you know the answer I want to know? Because if you do, you need to share little lady." Okay, now she has some concerned looks coming toward her from people as she walked past them, but she didn't care really. Instead, she stopped in front of her and Koga's shop door.

Edited by Noctua

"Okay, so, Koga and I are crafters and we decided to share a shop before anything happened." Now that she thought about it, that should have bee a flag back then. Did he offer because he liked her then and just didn't realize it or didn't want to say anything? Did she agree for the same reasons? Okay, too many unanswered questions now floated in her mind as she opened the door to the shop and looked around. Koga didn't seem to be around so she walked over to her work station and sat down. She gently moved Athena so that she was resting on the desk then. "Hmm, I should look into crafting you a little tree to perch on while I work or we are here. That might be nice for you." She started to think of a design that would work perfectly. She might even put an ambition enhancement in it so that it benefits her while she is crafting too. That would be useful.

Edited by Noctua