[F01 - SP] A Healing Touch «Training your Friend»

In her mind, this sculpture was starting to take shape. She had the base in her mind, a dark brown trunk with a lighter brown branch sticking off to both sides. Yeah, she was certain that she could get this made one day. She wrote down the design that she had in her mind before looking back at Athena. "There we go. You're going to have your own little perch soon enough pretty bird." She chuckled as she watched Athena then. It looked as if the bird was trying to see what the drawing might turn out to be. But soon enough, the owl looked at Noctua and hooed lightly. "Hmm?" Another hoo. What was the owl trying to say? That was about to be the question, until she saw the other drawing she had out. "Oh, that. Yeah, it's another project I have going." She moved the papers so that the new drawing was on top and she looked at it.

Edited by Noctua

This other paper? Well, it had two drawings on it, one was a wolf and the other a owl, but both seemed to be connected to a necklace. It was a person project, something that she hadn't told Koga that she was making. "See, Koga has a wolf, and well, I have you. I figured, I make these two necklaces." She looked from the drawing back to Athena then, "I figured I would get the wolf one and Koga the owl. You know, to show each other's other half sort of thing." She stopped for a moment, one worry popping into her mind right then and there. "That's too cheesy, I-i shouldn't do it." She shook her head and quickly recovered the drawing and looked at Athena. "Besides, we are here for your training, not to talk about what I might and might not create. Though your perch is for sure going to happen."

Edited by Noctua

Okay, time to try this again. She looked at Athena and smiled lightly. "Okay pretty bird. Time to try this again. Heal me." She watched as Athena started to glow, only for it to disappear. Nothing happened. Oh well, it happens. Nothing to feel sad about. But the look in the owl's eyes said the sadness that Noctua didn't want to see. "Hey now, that's okay! You are still learning remember pretty bird. You just have to keep trying. I know you will get it down." This seemed to help Athena calm down. Noctua chuckled as she stared to lightly stroke the top of the owl's head again. "You know, you seem to be like me. I do the same thing. You wouldn't believe how many times I nearly broke down in a fight." Looking back on those days, they seemed to be so far away, but were they really?

Training Roll:

ID: 129288
CD: 2 >>FAIL<<

Edited by Noctua

"Okay pretty bird, how about we go and change venues again?" She looked at Athena who seemed to already be prepared to be moving. That was nice, it meant that she wasn't about to have to do a lot of coaxing with treats and stuff to be able to get the white owl to move with her. In fact, the two seemed to be nearly in sync now. Noctua rose from the chair and Athena took the the air. It was quite the sight if someone would have seen it, but alas, it was just the two of them. So perhaps that would be something for someone to see another day. "Hmm, let's see. What else can I tell you that no one else knows about me right now..." She thought for a moment as she opened the shop door and walked out with Athena flying right above her shoulder. It seemed that the shoulder was going to be the owl's favorite perch, that was okay. It was better than holding her arm out after all.

Edited by Noctua

"Oh okay, how about this!" She looked at Athena for a moment before they started to walk to the Inn that Noctua had been staying in. "My father was constantly being transferred when I was growing up. So I never actually got to make friends. After a while, I just stopped trying to. So, when you see me talk to someone besides Koga or even Yukiro, I will stutter." There was a slight pause, "Do you think you could be my confidence boost Athena?" The white owl managed to land smoothly on Noct's shoulder as the woman walked before letting out what seemed to be an excited hoot. Well, that seemed to settle that, and Noct just chuckled at the fact before offering the owl another treat. "You know, we are going to have to get you real food, not just these treats. I imagine that they don't taste the best." But then, did anything really taste the best in SAO?

Edited by Noctua

"I might have to save up some col to be able to buy us a house. That way, I can be sure that someone isn't going to be mad about the noise that you might make." Athena bit at Noctua's ear then and it made the girl jump. "Hey! I didn't say that you make a lot of noise! I just mean that my neighbors in the inn might try to accuse you of it." She was trying to justify herself to an owl. How far into insanity has Noctua actually gone? Actually, she might have been insane before joining this game. Eh, oh well. She smiled though and stroked one of Athena's wings, or at least, as best as she could with the owl being on her shoulder still. "Okay Athena, I don't mind if you go to fly anywhere, but can you promise me to not go to far? I'd feel horrible if anything was to happen to you." The owl seemed to bob her head, even though Ncot couldn't see it, she could feel the movement as Athena's head brushed against Noctua's.

Edited by Noctua

Noctua chuckled lightly and moved Athena so that she was being held in Noctua's arms once more. She began to stroke the owl's head, "Good, because I would hate to have to have Koga send his wolf to go and find you." That seemed to freak the owl out a tiny bit and Noctua shook her head and just pet Athena. "Don't worry, his wolf won't harm you. But does this mean you won't take off too far?" Athena burrowed herself into Noctua's arms, as if she was saying yes. Another chuckle, yes, these two would be able to talk for hours and Noctua would never tire of the owls company. That was going to be good for her, because she couldn't always be attached to Koga for everything, right? Wait, can she? If she could she will be, but she also doesn't want to make things go from perfect to horrible within a few hours. Noctua had a tendency to do that after all with social interactions alone.

Edited by Noctua

The inn room was just in front of them at this point, but Noctua didn't want to go in yet. That was going to be there final destination for the day. For once Athena was able to heal properly, she wanted to go to sleep, or just lay in her bed. One of the two. She looked at Athena then, still burrowed into her arms and she smiled. "Okay pretty bird, I believe we can get you trained with this last try. What do you think?" The owl slowly peaked from her burrowed position and hooted. "Okay then, Athena, would you please heal me one last time for today?" She watched the owl as she moved for a few seconds before a glowing white light came from the owl and washed over Noctua. Her health bar didn't move but the healed amount was still stated. She smiled then and hugged the owl lightly. "Well done Athena. I think it's time we call it a day."

Training Roll:

ID: 129289
CD: 8 >>SUCCESSFUL #3<<

Edited by Noctua

Athena just burrowed herself back into Noctua's arms then. The owl was tired and Noctua didn't blame her at all. Laughing lightly, she stroked Athena's head before heading into the inn. It didn't take her long to make her way to her room, staying silent around the others as always. She figured that she could sleep in the shop, but didn't want to really. Especially not know that she had Athena. She didn't want to chance the owl getting hot with Koga's smithing station. She smiled as she entered her room and closed the door. Making her way to her bed she grabbed a spare pillow and put the now sleeping Athena in it. This was a good day, she tamed Athena, and now the owl was trained in being able to heal Noctua. Yeah, the day went perfectly, and she even got to spend most of it with Koga. What else could a woman actually ask for?

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Familiar Mastery Skill: Healing
2 SP
400 Col

Edited by Noctua