[F01 - PP] Care For A Dance Partner?

She jumped slightly when she felt his hand lay on top of her own. She looked at him, unsure of what was about to happen. But when he spoke, she listened, unsure about everything that he was saying. When he was done, she gently pulled her hand from both of his.

"Thank you for the kind words Lonzo, truly. But, I think I might just need to take some more time back to myself. I am grateful for the moment of reprieve from the pain, but I think that no matter what, right now it's just going to come back." She paused for a moment to try and think over her words, she wasn't here to hurt feelings, she had just been here to well, think. The dancing and conversation had been a momentary reprieve from having to think on what she was going to do about, well everything.

"I know it might be a bad idea, but I do want to talk to him and see if we can at least be on talking terms? I mean, we do own the shop together and I really don't want to have to move. So being able to at least be civil might be a good idea..." She voiced her thoughts aloud before she started to pick at her nails as she thought. Yeah, that was going to be the best course of action, it was just getting him around so that she could talk to him. She had been actively avoiding Koga, so for all she knew, he could be doing the same now. She didn't want that to be true, but it probably was. That or he was with his sister and that was definitely a person whom she didn't want to see.

He nodded. Happy she was able to voice what she wanted to do. A stepping stone to what she desired. Lonzo figured he wouldn't be able to change her mind and find someone else. It was now in Koga's court and he understood that. He smiled a bit towards her.

"Another page begins then. You can do it Noctua, and if you ever want to go dancing, vent or scream and you need someone there." he patted the top of her hand before letting it go. "Do not be afraid to message me. I just happy I could take your mind off of it even for a little while. Sometimes that's all we need." he had finished his meal by this point.

He wasn't sure if he should excuse himself or offer to walk her home. Another dance seemed unlikely. He glanced at people who were still talking about them, and then the door, then back to Noctua. He'd wait for her to finish eating or to seem finished.

"Did you wish for me to walk you home senorita?" he asked. "It'd be an honor and a pleasure." he winked so his change of character wouldn't seem too strange. "This way I know you get home safe tonight." he knew he'd be anxious if he didn't walk her home. "Or should get get dessert? Dance some more?" he figured the answer was no but he wanted to cover all his basses to be a decent gentleman after all.

She nodded lightly as she slowly went back to finishing her meal. She wasn't entirely sure on what was going to happen for the night, but she did know that she needed to take Athena back to the inn room soon. The owl was starting to fall asleep, which could already be seen as the owl had moved into Noct's lap sometime during the conversation. "Another page indeed. Thank you though Lonzo, the offer is well appreciated. I can't guarantee that I will go with you to find your familiar, but know that I'll be rooting for you." She could be a good sport, she just really didn't think she could go through that quest again, not with how horrible luck can go.

Soon enough, her food was soon gone and she finished the last sip of her drink. She looked at Lonzo and offered a small smile, "Sure, if it will make sure I don't have someone anxious all night." Though, what could happen to her in the safe zone, but if it would make sure that she wasn't going to wake up in the morning with multiple messages making sure that she was alive, she would work with it. "No thank you, I don't think I can eat or dance anymore." She looked at the waiter as he came back over, taking the empty plates. 

She looked at the sleeping owl then and a soft smile came from her. Athena was her family and well, seeing the owl asleep in her lap was like watching a child sleep in their mother's lap. To her, it was just adorable and she loved it.

"Don't worry about it senorita. I haven't failed at anything yet since I've been here. I don't intend to start now." he gave her a confident smile. "I'll do my best, and thank you for cheering for me." it felt nice having someone in his corner. He could get use to that. "You're welcome, it's the least I can offer for the company and the dance." he said as he got up paying for the meal. 

After which he closed his HUD from paying and moved to help her get up if she needed it.

"If you want to take my arm feel free, and I won't be disheartened if you don't." he'd get the door for her as well and walk her home. All in all it was a very good night for him at least. This was better than turteling someplace and feeling anxious or being kept up by his own demons.

"You're owl is absolutely darling. You'll have to tell me what she specializes in with you. I'd like to see the both of you in action one day, unless you'd rather not do that. Oh I bet an owl would make a great dancing partner too. I bet that could look very elegant. Now I'm really focused on dance with an owl, that sounds kind of fun to watch.

She smiled lightly with a small nod, "I'll always root for my friends." She didn't know what else she could really say on the company and dance, "It was peaceful at least, so it was welcomed greatly." But, as she opened her HUD to pay, Lonzo paid for the entire meal. Well then, that was something wasn't it. She closed the HUD then and she adjusted the sleeping owl that was in her lap to be in a single arm. Thankfully, Lonzo came over to help her up, which in the moment it was needed.

But once she was standing, she moved Athena so that she was being held close in both of her arms. "I would, but you'd be surprised with how much a sleeping owl actually can weigh a person down." But, she walked beside Lonzo, her attention more on making sure that Athena didn't try to wiggle from her arms or even accidentally just falling. It was a process in her mind, and it was one that she was used to at this point. For an animal that was supposed to be nocturnal, she adapted to Noctua's schedule quickly.

"Thank you. She used to be a healer, but after things happened, I retrained her to be a fighter. Need the extra help you know." She didn't know about the dance partner part though, and she didn't know if she wanted to find out by dancing with her own owl. But, soon enough, they were in front of the inn and she looked at Lonzo. "Thanks again Lonzo." She smiled before she went inside and right up to her room for the night.

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Noctua:
2 SP (1 thread & 1 December)
200 Col

Lonzo:
2 SP (1 thread & 1 December)
200 Col