F11/NYL/PP) Celebrating properly - Stryder/Jinx

He headed to the cathedral... It was time he finally tried, at least, tried to enjoy life. He needed too... Otherwise, what was the point of staying here? What was stopping him from just, jumping off aincrad. Seriously, nothing. He needed to snap out of this spell he had gotten into, and he was making progress, slowly. Alisea, well, Jinx, she had helped him move forward since he lost his dear friend. It hadn't been easy, but, here... He would be able to actually... Well, maybe for the new year, his goal could be to improve. 

He looked at the cathedral. He was not religious in any way, but, it was a massive structure, and it looked nice up the top. Beautiful view of the whole european town. So thats where he went, climbing up the tower. He went inside, found the staircase and went up as high as he could. Once he got as high as the stairs let him, he climbed out onto the roof, looking up he saw he could go higher. With a smile, he jumped up there, using his strength to leap up onto the roof. Now, to wait, and see if Alisea would join him up here...

"Well, i'm here. Hopefully you show up too"

It took Jinx nearly 20 minutes to find Stryder, all the way up at the top of the Cathedrel. She gotten lost many times, but managed to get her way up and found her guild-leader. She smiled warmly, brightly, as she walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. 

"Stryder, i'm sorry...it took so long to get here" She smiled as her familiar trilled softly, and Jinx rubbed Fou's head softly, the soft fur bouching slightly at the touch as her familiar leaned into her hand. 

"I got a little...ohhh" Jinx got distracted by her words as she looked at the view, and the girl walked up to the edge. Her hand gripped the side, ensuring the side was held tightly to not let go and she smiled warmly.  "It's beautiful, it's...so amazing..." Jinx smiled, a soft passive smile as she witnessed the scenery. She blinked, and glanced over her shoulder. 

As she did this, her familiar, Fou, was staring at Stryder. After all, this was the first time these two were meeting.   

He had been up there for about twenty minutes when she got there. He was sitting down, his legs handing off the edge of the roof, when she would get there. He felt the tap on his shoulder, and normally, he might have jumped or reacted violently... But he knew who it was. It was obvious the moment he heard her voice. He didn't react. Instead, he simply looked up at her. Then she went a few steps over, looking over at the european town. It was quite a sight, nice sun, and a large view of the town and beyond. The cathedral, was like any catherdral. Huge. Good fun to ssit on and have a beautiful view. One thing was strange though - She had a... Little fluff ball fox? White, snow like. Huh....

"Its fine that you took your time Jinx.... But yeah, its got a beautiful view from here. I think we can see nearly the whole town, if not the whole town and a bit beyond. I'v never really been fond of this floor, but, this might change my mind" He said to her, before looking at the creature. Silver hadn't actually come along with him today. The wolf was too tired, and he let her stay home asleep. Even she needed some breaks from adventuring. "So, you gunna introduce us?" He says to Alisea, looking right at Fou. He gave the creature a smile.

Jinx let out a sigh as she looked out at the view, and dragged herself to sit down next to Stryder. The view was beautiful, and relaxing. The girl felt something shift in her chest,  and stroked her familiars chin a little to which it made an adorable trill. Jinx smiled softly as she even leaned her cheek against it, and let out a content sigh. 

"It's...something special...This world is amazing. It looks so real, and yet...it's fake. I wish it was real, its a perfect place for me...But still..." The girl turned to Stryder, and that is when it clicked for her. He'd never met Fou yet had he? She jestured to her Familiar, and Fou jumped from her shoulder into Stryders lap, snuggling up to him wihtout any hesisation.

"Her name is Fou. Mishiro helped me find her a few days ago, and she's my familiar. She's trained in, well...healing. She helped me when i get in trouble and..F-Fou!" As the girl spoke, Fou had gone from snuggling up to Stryders hand to trying to climb up his arm to lick his face. Jinx herself had no issues with her familiar doing that to HER, but...Stryder might not approve of the affection her familiar loved to give out. 

He was glad she enjoyed the view... It really was something nice. The sun in the sky shininng a golden aura down on the town, the decorations for the christmas new years event, the busy streets full of people who are enjoying life, and people celebrating. Thats what they were up here to do after all - Celebrate. Besides.... He had something planned.... If he could work up the courage to ask properly. 

"Fou, well thats a cute name for this litt-" It jumped onto his lap, and started trying to get affection through force! He smiled and gave it what it wanted, gently stroking its head and scratching behind the ears softly, then it sudddenly jumped up onto his shoulder and licked his face! "Ha! She's like Silver when no one is around" He says, essentially ignoring it as it licked his face, bringing an arm around it from below and scratching its back. 

"Healing.... Huh, nice! Silver helps me by distracting opponents, making it much easier for me to land a solid hit" He says, before adding "Healing is perfect for you". After saying that, he thought to who helped her. Mishiro. He was pretty sure they had met, and he was pretty sure she didn't like him, though he didn't say anything.... She saw his outburst when Hestia was trying to set up her police force.... 

"I'm assuming she was a hassle to find?"

Jinx smiled watching Stryder get along with Fou. Her familiar was a sucka for attention, always had been since she managed to find her. She loved to snuggle up with people, to cover them with licks and love and affection. She wouldn't not watch it, Fou was adorable and Stryder looked...nice? Jinx couldn't place the word as she watched those two get alone. She was rather happy that they got along, part of her had worried...

"Oh, i didn't name her. It was the...name she picked herself. It's the, well...the only noise she can make" Almost on cue, Fou raised her paw and booped Stryder on the noise "Fou!" It called right before turned around, lightly smacking Stryder in the face with its fluffy tail and leapt back at Jinx! The girl caught Fou in her hands, and brought her familiar right up to her face, cuddling Fou warmly before turning to her friend with a large smile.

"Yeah...Fou wants to look after me much like how i want to help others...So if she protects me, i can protect the others..." Jinx smiled a little as her familiar curled up in her lap and closed her eyes, taking a nap. "She found me actually. Fou wants to...take care of me. Honestly she's...i wish i could take her...into the real world when we get out of here"

She named herself? What? He didn't understand it until it booped him and said Fou, and of course, he understood then. It made sense, there was every chance Alisea wasn't 'switched on' when she found her, so he doubted she would have named her. But, that made a lot more sense. When the tail whiped him in the face, he coughed a little, a bit of fluff going in his mouth. Ugh, tasted gross. But, it was fine. He watched the two hug. Somehow, he felt a little jealous of the little creature, but, that was just him being a weirdo. 

"Well, i'm glad you got someone else to make sure you stay safe, Its hard for me to be there every time something happens" He says to her with a smile, looking right at her familiar and saying "You keep her safe for me alright?" With a warm grin. He had cheered up a lot these last few weeks, ever since that halloween boss he had rapidly improved. He wans't feeling so depressed all the time, and he was actually making some progress with himself. 

"She found you huh.... That must have made it easier. I found Silver being attacked by other wolves.... Soooo that was fun.....Yeah, that part is going to suck. But, once were out of here, i doubt the world of VRMMO's will be gone. Who knows, one day a safe one might be made, and you can see Fou again" He says, trying to comfort her. 

Jinx ran her hand gently over Fou's fur, russling it a little as her familiar closed her eyes and took a nap. Fou had been rather, well, excited lately and to see her ckonk out  was adorable. She smiled down at her familiar, and ran her hand over her familiars. She let out a sigh "Yeah...Me and Mishiro were just walking around and she just...came out. She came up to me...I like to think that Fou, choose me...Out of everyone she could appear to, it was me..." 

The girl glanced away as Stryder discussed coming back. Jinx didn't...couldn't say what she wanted to say. That part of her would be absolutely fine with staying in this world. She wanted to stay here, in this world, where she felt...useful! In the real world....It wasn't...

"One day...But we've gotta escape this world first before we can do that. That's the main thing isn't it...what we're all aiming for, to...get out of this world"

The main thing they were aiming for? That...... That question was a very hard one to answer. Did he say the truth, or did he make up something.... No, he wasn't going to lie to the girl... Though it might be a rough truth to hear, but first.

"Thats a nice thought, if she choose you, might want to look after her so she chooses to stay! Though your you, a kind girl, i doubt she will have any complains being your familiar" He says to her with a smile, before adopting a slightly more serious tone. "And no.... sadly, that isn't true. There are those who still think this is nothing more than a game - That death means nothing - That if you die, you simply log out, like in a normal permadeath game where you lose your save and then come back... The Pkers, they are here to cause trouble. They don't care about escaping, they really just want to be evil and live free. Then, theres people like me. I came here to escape the world... I would love to stay here, but i know others want to go home" He says, sighing at the end. It was quite bad how some people could be on this world... When they got out, he hopes they get punished.

Jinx flinched a little as Stryder spoke a harsh truth to her. She knew it was reality, hell, she'd had PK'er come after her a few times. It was something she was sure hurt the boy to admit, the darkness that lurks within people. But that darkness was never...

"There are those who are like that, but...often, they are...lost. They need someone to show them the direction to take in their lives. I mean...How can you find the path to go, if no one shows you a road?" The metaphor made perfect sense in her head. She continued to stroke the familiars head as she shifted a little, her legs dangling out of the edge of the building. 

"I know that, i truly...believe it. Back in the real world, i had people who...needed to be saved. They said that i...I saved them by accident. They said that i, showed them the path" The girls soft smile at the memory shifted as she leans back, closing her eyes a little as she recalls the memories of the people she'd met who...they'd changed each others live. 

Lost huh.... He couldn't condone it. He wouldn't let it show to her, but his fist, opposite side to her, was clenched so hard that in the real world he would probably be bleeding. He refused to take that option. He had lost someone who grounded him, and he hadn't become a PKer. People in this game who did, most of them hadn't even lost anything. They choose that life.... So he couldn't forgive it. But then he heard her keep talking, and he got out of his own head.

"And you think your useless in the real world? If you have saved people, you have done good!" He says, putting an hand on her head and roughing with her hair a little. When he had gotten back after that halloween boss, that convo had stuck with him. He had told her how useful she was, that she wasn't helpless, but she never believed him much it seemed... 

Using his spare hand, he opened up his inventory while speaking "Anyway, enough of this upsetting talk, this is a celebratory event for christmas and the new year, so lets enjoy it!" He says to her, and with a few button presses, two cups appear, ceramic cups, and a bottle of Eggnog appeared next to them. He poured them both a cup each, then handed one to Jinx. Once she took it, he would raise it in the air, saying "Cheers" before taking a sip.

Jinx felt a wave of heat cross her face as Stryder went for her hair, and she leaned into him a little. She had to admit it, she LOVED when someone played with her hair. She couldn't find the words to explain it, but it was just...super comforting. Especially when it was someone she trusted. She closed her eyes a bit, and a shiver raced over her body. 

That's when the offer for drinks came up, and Jinx perked up completely, looking curiously at the drink and sniffing it a little. "W-weird...It smells, odd..." She sniffed again, before taking a sip...which turned out to drink the entire thing. She lowered the cup with an all-too familiar grin on her face. Stryder would know this look, it was the same she got when she ate her curries.

"Ohhhh, this is...super nice! What...what is it called? Its sooo nice!" 

Edited by Jinx

Haha! He really should have expected that. She had finished the entire cup, in the click of a finger. It was just like when she ate curry, or really, any food that she loved eating. It would be gobbled down, and it seemed to make her really happy. Thats good, they both needed to relax after the year. It had gone by quickly, but... He didn't really have any regrets. Not after reuniting with Jinx...

"Eggnog, here, have some more!" He grins, pouring her another cup. He looked at his own, drinking a bit more before putting it down. "I remember back home, i didn't really particiate much in celebrations, but my parents used to drink eggnog... But those idiots would pour so much alchol into it, i stole some one time and.... Haha, i barely remember that night" He says, laughing about one of the few good memories he could actually remember. "I'm really glad that this world has our holidays, i don't think i could last without some good events happening that don't result in chaos"

The girl frowned a little as he said the name...Eggnog? What was that, eggs...with nog? Was nog a thing? It sounded confusing, and yet it tasted delicous as Stryder poured her a second drink, and this time..Jinx took her time drinking it, enjoying it as opposed to drinking it all quickly. Tasting the flavours, it was...interesting, uniqie. It was nice, she'd always want more.

She listened to his story back home, and smiled warmly at him "Those sound like nice, family moments. I have some of those, although...I can't, remember them all" She lied, mostly. She could remember them, very clearly, IF she was active. Still, for now, with her mind slumbering...

"These events are, super nice. I remember last year, it was a nice warm event. Arabelle, a-and everyone was super nice. It is these sorta events, that i honestly..really enjoy" 

"They can be. I don't really miss them though, other then the odd occasion on a holiday, i didn't see my family much. They always traveled, i ended up in Japan when SAO launched, so i got a copy to entertain myself, and here i am" He says with a shrug. Its just what happened to him. He didn't hold any resentment, and hew as honestly happy to be here in this world. 

"They are quite nice... Its espeically nice -" He puts a hand back on her head, playing with her hair while simultaniously pulling her closer "When you get to spend it with someone who you really like,and it helps when she is as cute as you" He said with a grin, before letting her go. He wasn't holding her so tight she couldn't escape, but he did try and pull her onto his arm for a moment. He drank more of his drink, looking down at the festivites, watching as people tried to hit those bloody snowmen. He failed that miserably.

The girl looked interested. She didn't know much about Stryders real life, she'd never asked. It hadn't come up as something to ask about, why would it? So many times she'd been told to never ask about the real world, it was...not spoken about? Even after all these years, it didn't make sense to her. But...

"So you're, without your family? I know i was, at home...when i logged on. I wonder..." The girls mind trilaed off entirely as Stryder stated speaking again, and the girl frowned a little as she was pulled in closer. She sculled her drink quickly, smiling brightly up at Stryder. 

"I enjoy spending time with you too. I mean, i basically live at your house now too so...How could i not like you?" The girl beamed up at him right as Fou got a little restless, and Jinx shifted her weight to let Fou rest her head on her leg, trying to make her familiar as comfortable as possible. 

Without family... He had them, they were always around, but they weren't. Or when he logged on, they were out on buisness meetings. It was... It must have been a shock when they found m him. The nwes must have spred quickly, what had happened, it wasn't exactly a subtle game, it was hyped to hell!. 

And that was very true. She had been living at his house for the past year, maybe even longer. It had been..... an interesting journey. "Yeah, you've been staying with me for a long time now. I think you stole my bed the first night, well, i gave it to you, and also, my familiar... I can't believe it took me so long to get you your own room haha" He says with a little chuckle, drinking the rest of his cup of eggnog. "I really have grown attached to you over this year...." He says as he fills up his cup again, the eggnog dissipating as it emptied. He opened up his inventory and brought out another, he had plenty, he was going to be drinking it all night!

Jinx smiled, a little guiltily as she recalled the theft...Namely, she walked into the house, saw the bed and crashed on it. Hadn't even asked, yet Stryder. He never said anything, never raised his voice at her. Never even got angry at her antics. It was always a caring smile, and a laugh on his face. "You didn't plan to put me up...To give me a place to stay, and yet. You didn't even ask, you just...showed me kindness without thought. It's what makes you a good person, what makes you my friend" She said, her voice a little softer now. Mostly to avoid waking up her napping familiar as she continued to stroke Fou's head.

"You know Stryder. I know you said, not to ask but...I wanna know. What is, your real name..?" It was something she was curious about, and while she knew she shouldn't ask, she wanted too. They'd known each other for so long, and if...if they were to meet in the real world. She...she wanted to know the truth. The truth behind the boy who had given her a home to stay at, had showered her with kindess and compassion for no reason, other than...well, that he could do it. 

"Gotta say, i don't regret a single minute of it." He says to her kindly. He was glad she liked him, that everything he had done wasn't fallen on a deaf head. Though, even if it had, he wouldn't have minded so much. He had helped someone, he had done what he had wanted to do since gathering the strength to leave the town of beginnings. That... That had been a journey. He had left with Eatos, met... Damien? Done a quest, and that was the start of his journey! 

Then, she asked about his real name.... He didn't know whether or not to say it. It was.... Kind of weird. Sky. Sky Vale. It was such a strange name, it was his. He had no idea how his parents came up with it... 

"If you really want to know, its Sky. Sky Vale" He says, before putting a finger on his lips. "Don't tell anyone else though kay?" He says, looking at her sleeping familiar. It really was like his in a way, always sleeping, and kinda adorable. 

Jinx smiled, perhaps a little foolishly, when he told her his real name. She'd always wondered, and oddly, it was...well, similiar to his in=game name. Stryder, Sky Vale...Perhaps, it was intentional?

"Sky is a...unusual name isn't it?" She asked as she kicked her legs, before quickly stopping as to not wake up Fou "I mean, most people get boring names like Jeremy, or John...But you, you got something that not many have" Alisea reached out, and after hesitating a moment, lightly petted the boys head in a similar manner to how he was petting hers. This stopped quickly as she quickly finished two more cups of Eggnog, unable to stop herself from her ever-craving desire of food. 

"I promise, i'll keep it a secret Sky. You've trusted me with it, and...well, i won't betray that trust ever" To Alisea Dariem, while part of her wondered WHY he didn't want anyone knowing...It was his decision at the end of it all, it wasn't her decision if his name was for others to learn. And the knowledge that only she knew it, made jinx feel selfish and special.