F02 - Orange Ain’t Bad, I Guess? {PP}

Ronnel dumped the start of things into the trade - three meals, with bread and butter as sides, and then two bags of jerky and a set of the teriyaki kebabs that he was currently chewing on. He swallowed and tapped the trade button, then exhaled slowly. 

"Hiding honestly didn't cross my mind. Feel free to try those later, but I promise I didn't do anything to them." He chewed his lip for a moment. "Before we do any quests, we should probably go to a different floor or something. I heard people in town talking about you being nearby, and wanting to set up for catching you for a bounty or something." A pause and a sigh before he flicked the kebab stick into his inventory. 

“There’s probably already a few on my head. I’m used to it.” came her reply. He felt almost sad, or morose, at her words. She lived expecting people to be coming for her. 

"To answer your question though - I'd like to hunt down the Nepents for the Secret of the Forest medicine or whatever it is, and then maybe a couple of the other low level quests. I still haven't chosen a profession either, so I should do that at some point too I guess." He was standing straighter now, his shoulders squared as he hummed in thought.

“If you become a tailor or blacksmith you’d get steady work.” Mari said as she stood. “Right - you ready? The Nepents are back in the forest we can go do them now.” He took a deep breath, his eyes flicking to the orange gem above her head, then to meet her gaze. 

"I'm ready."