[SP] [F01] 4 Way Boss Fight «The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free»

They ventured deeper in formation, nothing still, nothing seemed to move nearby, nothing stood out to them as they looked around, searchingly, Rei in the front, Yuta and Takumi at either side a little behind and Kenji in the middle, their eyes tried to look at different directions to keep them covered from all angles, as the glow stone held aloft by Kenji casted a pale white glow in a couple of meters radius around them, every now and then when Kenji would fumble the stone, the shadows his fingers cast over the stone would halt them and startle them,

“Bloody hell, hold it still,” Takumi cursed at him angrily, mostly due to his nervousness,

“Y-yeah, s-sorry,” Kenji apologised profusely, meekly,

“Hey, I think I see something,” Yuta frowned, staring at something glinting in the distance,

“Let’s check it out,” Rei nodded, slowly making his way over,

“Do we have to?” Takumi sighed, following nonetheless,

ID# 133007

LD: 13 = Fail

Edited by Tsurei
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the approached it and it came into the light, the glint in question became clear,

“A material node, huh,” Rei noted,

“So there’s some down here as well then,” Yuta breathed, relaxing just slightly,

“Gods… this is horrible…” Takumi continued to ramble, his eyes nervously darting in the shadows around them, at least, from here, they could still see the shaft of light that came from the entrance to the cave, but soon, they were headed into the darkness were the sunlight did not touch.

Rei touched the material node, but it disappeared to nothing but a simple rock in his hands, worthless, he set it back down,

“Nothing, let’s head further in,” Rei suggested,

“Come to think of it though, why does that girl even know there’s a gem somewhere in here for her to use?” Yuta frowned,

“It’s nonsense, probably just a game element,” Takumi dismissed,

“I think so too, you guys are taking it a little too seriously,” Kenji nodded,

ID# 133008

Edited by Tsurei

“Well, I don’t think taking a game where we now live in and could die in, with a proper and open mind to be too serious,” Rei shot back,

“And yet the game randomly decides whether we find something useful or not,” Takumi shot annoyed,

“That’s besides the point,” Rei sighed, “You fought against some boar pups already, you know that the sensations you feel, while dulled, are pretty real,”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean we have to believe that those pieces of code are real people, there are any amount of reasons and logic that proves that they aren’t real and are limited in their actions,” Takumi argued, feeling a bit more at ease arguing now that he wasn’t paying attention to the shadows,

Rei sighed at his response, “You can do what you like, but when even the AI calls us out on treating them like NPCs, that’s probably a red flag,”

ID# 133009

Edited by Tsurei

“You might be right about that,” Yuta admitted, “At the very least, we should be careful and not assume things,”

“You’re just all spooked by what that NPC potion maker said,” Takumi dismissed hurriedly,

“No! I’m just believing in my gut,”

“Yeah, right, you’re just agreeing along with Rei!”

“What?” Yuta shot him a glare,

“Enough, look, to each their own, you can be sceptical, but I’m going to treat them like real people,” Rei shouted to stop them, “Besides, there’s plenty of amusing stories of how you raise certain flags if you do treat them nicely,” he joked,

“In your dreams more likely,” Takumi scoffed,

“Takumi!” Rei suddenly hissed at him,

“What!? You have a problem?” he glared back at him but his expression quickly froze when he saw that he wasn’t looking at him, but over his shoulder, “W-what is it…?”

“Whatever you do, do not move…” Rei spoke seriously, causing Takumi to gulp nervously,

ID# 133010

LD: 4 = Fail

Edited by Tsurei

Rei swiftly raised his blade over his back, charging it with blue energy, he suddenly lunged forward and shoved Takumi to the side as a large black spider leapt out from the edges of the Glow Stone light, it had aimed to bite at Takumi, but it’s target was replaced by Rei as he swung down with all his might, the creature raised it’s front legs to block the hit with a loud clang, the explosion of force that rung off it send it flying back into the darkness where they could only hear it land softly and begin to crawl with it’s several legs around them,

“[sdas] [asdas] [asdas] [asdas]” Takumi cursed repeatedly, his legs shaking, he tried to stand up and hide behind the shield, feeling like he might piss himself in fear, due to the explosion, Kenji shuddered in fright and dropped the glow stone, out of his hands, the stone clattered to the ground and it’s light dissipated.

ID# 133011

BD: 6 -1 = Miss [Rage Blow]

MD: 4 = Miss

Rei: HP: 180/180 | EN: 14 (-4)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Giant Spider: HP: 40/40 | 12 DMG

Edited by Tsurei

Now plunged into darkness, the fight just got that much harder, unable to see the Spider at all in the pitch black darkness, unaware of where any of their allies are, the fight had descended into chaos, even as Rei tried to listen to the sound of the spider the size of a car, Takumi constantly cursed, Kenji collapsed to the ground, nearly sobbing as he curled into a ball in fear and Yuta tried to call out to them,

“Where are you guys?”

“[asdsa] [asda] [asdas]” Takumi cursed the same word repeatedly, with all the noise they were making, you’d think that you’d be able to find them easier, but no, not in this cavern, the wind still howled and their echoing voices only disorientated them,

“Ah [asda]!” Yuta sudden cursed out loud with a yelp,

“What happened?” Rei decided to ask,

“It just bit my entire [fasdceax] arm!” he replied, the large fangs had dug into his arm and half dragged him off, but because of their mitigation and high health pool, it didn’t hurt too much.

ID# 133012

BD: 5 -1 = Miss

MD: 9 = Crit +1

Damage Received = 12 + 1 - 8 = 5

Rei: HP: 175/180 | EN: 13 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

“Good god! I can’t see a thing! Kenji! Get that glow stone already!” Rei cried out,

“I-I’m t-t-trying!” he yelped desperately and certainly, they could hear him scrabbling around the rocks, trying to find it, but evidently to no avail.

The pitter patter of the soft steps of the spider, crawling around them was a horrible thought, but maybe it was Rei’s imagination, but he could swear he could hear more steps approaching, was it just because the spider had more legs? He felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end and his skin crawl with goosebumps, he hated insects, but he didn’t have a outright phobia like Takumi.

Could they try to escape, this certainly didn’t seem like a good time to feel his way out, with giant spiders around them, he dreaded to think what touching one would be like. Game mechanics aside, he didn’t want a realistic spider gnawing on his head as he walked off.

ID# 133013

BD: 1 -1 = Miss

MD: 3 = Miss

Rei: HP: 175/180 | EN: 12 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

In the darkness, having lost all reason, surrounding by the howling of eerie wind through the cave, the many legged stepping of various spiders, and the shouting of his hushed, desperately trying to stay calm and failing, shouting voices of his friends, he was not having a great time, to say the least.

He flailed around, his shield somewhat long gone, his spear was the only thing left in his hands as he repeatedly stabbed all around him, by some miracle, he has not hit any of his teammates yet, but eventually, it did hit something.

When he felt the squish of his spearhead puncturing soft flesh, the feedback that went through the spear to his hands almost made him throw it to the faraway distance, but it was his only weapon and measure of safety, so he desperately held on, shaking fearfully, fighting against every inch of his instinct to scream and run, or cower and hide.

ID# 133014

BD: 8 -1 = Hit

MD: 3 = Miss

Damage Dealt = 3

Rei: HP: 175/180 | EN: 12 (-1+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Giant Spider: HP: 37/40 | 12 DMG

Edited by Tsurei

“I…I think I just hit something…” Takumi fearfully whispered in the darkness, near the left of his feet from Rei,

“Er… Really…?”

“Y-y-yeah… It was… sq-squishy…”

“… Okay… Please don’t tell me that…”

“I’m still inside it…”

“Uh…”

“I-I-It’s moving…”

“Pull it out, now,”

“R-right…”

“Hey, Kenji! Anytime now!” Rei cried out,

“I’m trying!” he shouted back annoyed, he was desperate himself, tears dripping form his eyes, sweat down his brow, on the verge of pissing his pants if he didn’t already do so or the fact that there was no need for toilets in Sao aside, he was nearly a broken man being in the dark with a giant spider, or several that wanted him for lunch, when he thought about seeing the sun again, he swore he would do anything for that now.

Having a thought, Rei began to charge his Sword Art, it created a sheath of blue light, maybe… just maybe… Blade drawn towards his back, he arced his back a little so the light would go over his shoulder...

there!

ID# 133015

MD: 6 = Hit

Damage Dealt = 3 x 2 [Rage Blow] = 6

Damage Received = 12 - 8 = 4

Rei: HP: 171/180 | EN: 11 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Giant Spider: HP: 31/40 | 12 DMG

Edited by Tsurei

It was a dim light, but just in time as the giant Spider seemed to have chosen him as the next target, lunging towards him, Rei’s eyes shot open wide as he twisted his body to avoid most of the bite, though it still clipped him, the spider landed past him, out of the light, but Rei could still take a good guess as to where it was, throwing the blade down with all his might with a loud crashing impact, it drove deep into the spider’s back, cutting deeply into it’s soft flesh, though it was the norm, there was no blood here, disappointing Rei, but the digital red scar was still there.

Not to let it get away Rei followed up with a second strike that landed on the spider, throwing it away back into the shadows, he just landed two good solid hits, he had no idea what it’s health bar was like, but they should be capable of fighting any monster on the first floor, even the toughest, with some difficulty.

ID# 133016

BD: 9 -1 = Crit +1

MD: 4 = Miss

Damage Dealt = 4

Rei: HP: 171/180 | EN: 11 (-1+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Giant Spider: HP: 27/40 | 12 DMG

Edited by Tsurei

More than anything, he just didn’t have the damage output to compete with the monsters, regardless of his hp and defense, fights dragged on into a steady slog fest because he didn’t have the equipment to deal with all of this. Waiting for the rewards of the quest was just not worth it, he couldn’t be stingy with his Col or Mats, he needed to head out there and buy stuff.

He made a note to get everyone to buy stuff, he could also swear there was a skill for fighting in the dark, he needed that one, desperately.

Thoughts and plans for another time, he hated that about himself, as much as he tried, foresight was definitely not his strong point, there would always be something that he overlooked, something he didn’t consider or think of until he encountered it.

At least it wasn’t going to be fatal, he idly concluded.

ID# 133017

BD: 2 -1 = Miss

MD: 7 = Hit

Rei: HP: 167/180 | EN: 8 (-4+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

… Nothing was happening, Rei frowned and started to sigh as he called out,

“Hey, where’s everyone?”

“I’m Here,” Yuta replied, a little bit of distance away, Rei must have chased up on that Spider further than he thought, so he decided to carefully walk over,

“I-I’m here,” Takumi replied fearfully, same direction as Yuta, little off to the side, the same spot as they started in, it seems only he really moved,

“I’m- Gah!” Kenji cried out, his voice startlingly nearby, he cried out in pain just as Rei stepped on something strange, Kenji’s outstretched han,

“Sorry!”

“Gah… no, no… it’s fine,” he grimaced as he pulled his hand back to his chest, high health and mitigation didn’t help with things that normally hurt, things such as walking into a table, it still hurt as ever, the only things the stats affected were monsters and player combat. Speaking of, he never really encountered any of that stuff yet.

ID# 133018

BD: 1 -1 = Miss

MD: 6 = Hit

Rei: HP: 163/180 | EN: 7 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

“Get off me!” Yuta suddenly cried out, he quickly rubbed at his body, brushing off various creepy crawlies from his hair and clothes, with a freezing  fear, he realised, it wasn’t just the giant spider they had to worry about, but also a swarm of smaller ones, the realisation froze him place,

“Guys….?” He nervously called out,

“Y-yeah?” Takumi glanced over at the voice, sending a fearful stare, even if no one could see it,

“I think… there’s more…”

“G-g-giant spiders?”

“Small ones…”

“That’s not great,” Rei commented,

“Ahhhh!” Takumi screamed in a high pitched voice as he felt the innumerable small pinches all over his legs, they had crawled up his trousers and were biting at his legs, again, it wasn’t a sharp pain, only a prick from a needle at best, even so, he wasn’t sure if that was worse or better, either way, it was terrible.

The scream startled them, the only conclusion was, something happened,

“Takumi!?” Rei called out,

ID# 133019

BD: 3 -1 = Miss

MD: 7 = Hit

Rei: HP: 159/180 | EN: 6 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

Takumi didn’t hesitate to pull off his trousers, in the darkness, no one noticed but they could hear the fleshy slapping as Takumi began to slap at his legs to get rid of the spiders, brushing them off and in general flailing around to get them off him.

At the same time, the others had fearfully and cautiously walked over to help him, in the end becoming the targets and caught up in the crossfire as Takumi’s flailing limbs struck them in the jaw, the groin and various other places that hurt a lot of more because of the surprise rather than actual pain.

Really, half of the fear was from the surprise and horror more so than the actual pain in this situation.

There were the sounds of tens of small shattering glass, the sound of monsters being killed and shattering into pieces of light, so each of those small spiders were indeed a monster, and Takumi was at least killing some of them off.

ID# 133020

MD: 8 = Hit

Damage Dealt = 3

Rei: HP: 155/180 | EN: 6 (-1+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Giant Spider: HP: 24/40 | 12 DMG

Edited by Tsurei

“Hey, Takumi! Are you alright?” Rei and strode over, carefully staying out of the way of the sounds of movement and rushing wind from where Takumi was swinging his fists everywhere,

“Hell no! I’m being bitten by hundreds of spiders!”

“Kenji! Where’s the Glow Stone?”

“I don’t bloody know! Stop asking! I’m already searching for it!”

“[asdasd]” Yuta cursed, “I’ll help look, it’s not like I can do much against the spiders, if it’ll go faster!”

Their eyes had yet to adjust to the darkness, did seconds pass or minutes, in any case, it was pitch black still, their vision adjusting was creating fuzzy mirages of differently coloured shadows and darkness in their field of view.

Now that he thought about it, he was never a fan of horror games… Rei mused to himself when he suddenly felt something crawl over his back, looks like the small spiders had gotten to him as well.

ID# 133021

BD: 4 -1 = Miss

MD: 2 = Miss

Rei: HP: 155/180 | EN: 5 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

As Yuta was scouring the ground, using his hands as feelers of sort to search the rocky surfaces, he grimaced as the rough surfaces rubbed against his hands, sometimes the rocks were sharp enough to cut slightly and sometimes his hands would find themselves in puddles of water, the sudden cool sensation on his fingers would make him jerk them away in shock, before holding his hand to his pounding chest, desperately trying to stay calm.

Everything’s okay, everything’s alright, they won’t die here, they can’t die here, they’re stronger than the spiders, the spiders will have to bite him nearly tens of times before he was in danger, he was fine, everything’s fine.

His thoughts were cut off as his hand brushed against something hairy, slender and thin, he gave it a squeeze, strangely sharp, but it was covered in small, little, slightly… sticky… hairs…

He looked up fearfully just in time for the spider to munch on his face.

ID# 133022

BD: 1 - 1 = Miss

MD: 10 = Crit +2

Damage Received = 12 + 2 - 8 = 6

Rei: HP: 149/180 | EN: 4 (-2+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

Lifted onto his knees, Yuta was flailing around, punching and kicking at the spider without any seeming effect, it was terrifying as he was lifted up in the maw of a spider and the twin fangs dug into his cheeks, it was scary far more than painful, but the only thing in his mind was a grotesque image of being eaten alive by a spider as it crushed his head like a watermelon between it’s venomous fangs…

Wait, were these things poisonous? His visible status screen didn’t seem to think so, and his health was dropping…. Very slowly… he was in no danger, despite all his senses, common sense and instincts screamed at him.

If only he had his damn dagger, it was on the floor, and if he tried to move, it hurt a little more, sure, the pain was only like a pin prick, like a needle and well, Yuta in particular absolutely hated needles, the idea of something going inside him like that was unsettling, now that his train of thought had come to this, the idea of a spider digging its fangs into him was horrible as well.

ID# 133023

MD:  9 = Crit +1

Damage Received = 12 + 1 - 8 = 5

Rei: HP: 144/180 | EN: 5 (+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

As Yuta nearly cried and began to scream for help, Rei ran into the direction of the sound, bravely running full speed careless, losing his footing as he charged the Rage Blow art, he fell face first into the side of the giant spider, his missed Rage Blow crashed into the ground nearby, with a powerful explosion, the sound of debris scattering all over the ground echoed throughout the cave, and whilst he did no damage, it seemed to scare the spider away as Yuta crashed to the ground harshly on his knees, barely able to catch himself before he hit his face off the rocks, landing near Rei,

“Yuta?”

“Rei?”

“… How’s it going?” Rei sighed,

“Horrible, you?”

“Not…”

The distant screaming and yelping of Takumi as he cursed repeatedly and slapped at himself sounded out,

“Not great,” Rei finished,

“We’re buying gear after this, yeah?”

“Yeah. We’re not doing this again without proper gear.”

ID# 133024

BD: 4 -1 = Miss [Rage Blow]

MD:  5 = Miss

Rei: HP: 144/180 | EN: 2 (-4+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

“Alright, screw it, gimme your hand,” Rei declared, using his hand searchingly,

“H-hey, where are you touching stop! Get off me!”

“Just give me your damn hand already, we’re going to stick together and get the hell to the exit,”

“We’ll just get lost!”

“Well, it’s either that or die to a thousand bites, they won’t kill us any time soon, so get moving.”

“Look, keep your hand there,” Yuta cried out,

“Okay,”

“Right, here’s my hand,”

“Okay, now, let’s carefully stand up,”

“Okay….”

“Hey, Kenji! Takumi! Stand up, where are you? We’re evacuating to the exit, we’ll have to feel our way through the dark, but it’s out only choice!”

“Over here!” Kenji cried out, bumping into them as he was more than happy to leave, scrambling to hold hands, clammy with sweat,

“Ew…” Rei shuddered in disgust,

“H-hey, you’re no better!” Yuta cried out, fearing he was talking about him,

“Look, go grab onto Yuta, I have my sword still,” Rei replied, “You guys?”

ID# 133025

MD:  2 = Miss

Rei: HP: 144/180 | EN: 3 (+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei

Takumi screamed off in the distance as he got bitten by another spider,

“Well, at least we know where we’re going,” Rei lightly remarked,

“Yeah…” Yuta nodded shakily,

“Anyway, do you guys have your weapons?”

“I lost mine when I got BITTEN IN THE FACE BY A GIANT SPIDER!” Yuta shouted,

“Alright, alright… geez, don’t be so sensitive, we’re in the same [asda]hole together,” Rei sighed, “You, Kenji?”

“No… I dropped both of mine,” he replied apologetically, shuddering as a small spider bit his leg,

“What’s wrong?” Yuta could feel him shudder,

“A spider just bit me….”

“Ignore it, they don’t do too much damage, we have to get out of here,” Rei replied, “Hey, Takumi! Keep screaming, we’re coming,”

“AHHHHHHHHHH!” he was only far too happy to comply, screaming at the top of his lungs his voice amplified by the cave was simply deafening,

“Okay, a little quieter, we can’t bloody find you like this,” Rei sighed,

ID# 133026

MD:  6 = Hit

Rei: HP: 140/180 | EN: 4 (+1)/18 | 3 DMG | 8 MIT | 0 EVA| 0 ACC

Edited by Tsurei