[PP-F01] Deaths Door is closed

Nighttime probably around one A.M. Location, Floor one higher district in the Town of Beginners. Standing there in the night staring out over the city. Wearing a black long open jacket with a hood, as well as wearing some black leather armor. He almost looked like one of those assassins from a game but then all black. For at least far as he could see he was the only one here, while the light was shining on his back making it clear someone was standing there. With a weapon on his hip as he leaned on a railing a bit. That is what he was doing staring just over the city he was somewhere, where he should not be.

Ooh, I know how it looks, Yeah yeah a failed depressed person, well Deal with it. Hideyoshi is the name if you did not know yet but I will tell my own story and not some third person voice from above. My few, my voice everything will be mine, so if this third voice could stop monologuing me now that would be great, Thank you.

But yeah there I was standing, true I should not have been here at all but seems fate has something else in mind. And seeing as death does not want me to guess I just have to stay here and suffer as for this is my new home for now. Ugh... this world could use a bit more me flair, to be honest, they are weak, they face fear, and who doesn't face fear, well can rot forever I guess. I guess its also time for me too show what a failed piece of society can do in this world. I'll show them not to laugh,  death does not face me. A murderer, a great mind like me, a planner and a successful piece of human trash will show you how to rule this world.

First off however I need a plan, a good plan to show those who doubt me who is strong. If I can do this everyone can. I may not be the right person but a convicted murderer can always try out some new tricks, I'm not even sure if I did it but so far everything points at me. Well if death does not want me I guess I'll make it a show for the devil himself.

@Lethia

Spoiler

Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2
DMG: 3 || EVA: 1 || LD: 2 || BLEED: 12 || PARALYZE: 1

Skills:
» Dagger - Rank 1

Equipped:
» Nocturnal Edge [Perfect T1 Dagger [Damage // Bleed // Paralyze]]
» Whispers - [Uncommon T1 Light Armor [Evasion]]
» 
Lucky Rabbit - Loot Die // Loot Die (Sculpture)

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Sleep wasn't a thing that came to this woman since, well ever. Not that she was going to admit that to anyone at least. Looking at the time, she sighed, one a.m.. Of course, that would be the time she felt like going for a walk to try and figure out the reason why she couldn't sleep tonight. Insomnia was a real killer, but one would think that the game would get rid of it. Nope, not in her case. So, she instead opted to change into her black pants, high heeled boots, off-white t-shirt and her  black jacket, she set about the town.

She was curious to see what the town was going to hold for her in this time. Her silver-white hair flowed behind her at this point as she moved. She walked and walked until her feet brought her to a point in the higher district of the town. There, she saw someone dressed in all black leaning against the railing. Well, this is a surprise. She didn't expect anyone else to be out really, so yeah, it was a surprise to her.

There were two ways that she could go about this interaction that she was slowly plotting out. She could be kind, yuck, or she could be manipulative, goal. She knew what shew as going to put on for a facade and she started over, the heels of her boots softly clicking on the pavement beneath her. As she neared the person, she smiled lightly as she leaned on the railing next to them. "Well, and here I thought that I was the only one awake at this hour."

She looked at the person beside her, peaking around the hood long enough to decipher if she was talking to a man or a woman. Don't judge her, she has made the mistake before, and she wasn't about to do it again. "So handsome, what brings you out here at this hour?" There's the charm that she has grown into using to start her plots. She looked from him back to the view around them as she waited to see what kind of reaction she was about to receive.

@HoaxDemon

Looking up as I heard the clicking of heels, probably someone was still awake let's hope they walk pass. I waited a bit hearing the clicking get closer now before I saw a woman lean next to me. Ugh so they didn't just keep walking, my luck I guess yeah for socializing, I though being all sarcastic as hell in my mind.  I looked over as she spoke and just kept staring in front of me, "Late night walks are the best," I said monotone and not even turning to face the woman next to me at all. I try to sound at least a bit interested but really, I had nothing left to lose, maybe... Just maybe I could see if I could make something out of this, but there is no point in lying. She spoke again as she was trying to look at my face, I did not move my head but my eyes looked at the woman. Really that is how you start this conversation, guess I have to break it to her, I thought.

I turned my face to her and stared at her for a moment inspecting her. Her white hair, her voice spoke, but so did her eyes and her body. My eyes went up and down over her appearance, the perfect fit for someone who was like her could hide the simplest things. I sighed and turned to her a bit, "Don't say words like that when you don't mean them," I paused as my voice was cold and distanced, "Pff, handsome... how many people did you trick with that?" I asked as for some reason I felt like her words meant nothing just by the way she used them, "You either think I'm guilty of something and try to sweet talk me, or you are just hopeless looking for love in this late of the hour. Guess the first one as nobody in the right mind would approach a dark hooded figure in the night," I said to her as I turned my gaze back to the night sky above the city.

"But I play with you I guess," I said cold and looked up for a second. Why was I here well simple I have nothing better to do at this time so why not look at the sky, "See those stars, they shine... I don't," I said to her. "Ooh yeah don't care, pleasantries then? I'm HoaxDemon call me HD, And wha would be the fair lady's name then," I said to her with a grin just toying a bit with her own words thanks to her saying Handsome.

@Lethia

Well, this was more anti-climatic than she actually thought that it was going to be. She was expecting something a little less monotone. "That they are aren't they," she noticed him only move his eyes to look at her, and she didn't seem to mind that at the moment. There was some silence as it seemed like the man was thinking, at least, until he turned his face to fully look at Lethia now. It was funny though, how quickly he seemed to see through the facade. It was going to make for an interesting time to see how well this new interaction for her was going to go.

"Only the stupid ones, so that must mean I'm talking to someone with a brain, how lovely for me." She was talking almost as if to redeem herself from the comments earlier, her mind going over the options of why she would be out here and attempting to talk to him how she had. That brought a laugh from her, "Right, love in a death game like this. That might be the most comical thing to watch." There was the break in the act that she was putting on, the break that he might have been looking for.

She played that off though, looking back at him. She was a bit wary of him now that he was willingly going to play along with the act that she had so easily brought to the table. Even still, she followed his gaze back to the stars that were above them, or at least, the ones that were merely just painted onto the bottom of the second floor. Interesting how that worked in this game right? The sky just being the bottom of the floor above. But, if he wanted to play a game now, then game on.

"All starts shine in their own way and time, your's is just on the way," her retort seemed to hold some kindness in it, just don't try to fully read into the words, it won't help you ever. "HD. You know, that could also stand for Handsome Devil," there was a pause as she smiled lightly, "I'm Lethia, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance on this suddenly wonderful night." Lethia, now you might be laying it on a bit thick.

@HoaxDemon

I took notes as she spoke, Love in a death game like this. That might be the most comical thing to watch, did get his attention. Seems for a moment she made her self aware of the last option, and now knowing 100% sure she was acting but still maybe something in this conversation could enjoy his life for once. While she spoke up to me about the stars as well I just turned at her with a cold blank stare, "To be honest, I don't like this game... Better to tell the truth even if people don't believe you. So no, my star will not come, it already died before even joining this game." Saying this I looked back to the start.

Ugh again that word, just so disgusting, I thought staring in front of me. "HD always meant something else, it was a name I was proud to be. But I believe that man died at the moment I pulled the trigger," I said not sounding all to impressed by my own words as I stared. Hearing her name I made sure it was going stuck in my head. I looked at her and nodded, "Hold still, stand still for a moment," I said holding up my hands like a picture frame at her face, "There... Now I will not forget the face of a liar," I said kind of harsh and without any regrets. to be honest she would make a perfect candidate for a face on a manga or something.

"Speaking of lies, What did bring you here," I said to her now exactly wanting to know why a girl was out and about at the late hours, "Can't sleep, Bordom, don't have anything else to do, finding Orage players, Hiding from other players, Or even out for stealing something. because any of those options could be mine, To be fair it is the second. Looking at your face, height and age I guess you around twenty twentyone maybe, clearly younger then me, seen a bit fair amount of the dumb world, so I guess you could not sleep of something, are bored or hiding from other players." I said analyzing her looking her up and down as well

@Lethia

Edited by HoaxDemon

So he didn't like the game that they were stuck in, that didn't exact surprise her, many didn't like the game anymore. "A dead star in a game throw death every second. Seems like a fitting story." His gaze left her and she looked across the town from where they were. What was one to think of this kind of conversation, and right now, she was trying to figure out about it. But, he seemed to be done with the game, even if his words to prove it held some depressing information. Best to not ask on that. More than likely a rabbit hole I don't want to go down.

She looked at him when he held his hands up in front of her. Is he taking a picture or something? She laughed though when he called her a liar, "That is one of the nicer names I've been called." Nope, that didn't bother her, honestly, she didn't know what name would bug her at this point in her life. She's been called too many growing up just because of how she acts. She shrugged as he talked about the reasons for her to be out at this time of the night.

"Insomnia is a thing that apparently will travel into a game with a woman." She looked at him to see him basically studying her as she talked. The game was clearly over, so this meant that he had to be trying to get a read or something. "So, boredom has latched itself to you. Moments you have to hate that it's night, or else some fighting would be the best fix for that. At least, for me." Not a lie there, her boredom had always been placated with her going out and killing monsters. Of course, there were other targets that she had in mind, but she was going to gain herself some more power first.

"So, HD, when your boredom hits, do you always just come out here?" Curiosity was something that she rarely held onto, but right now, since HD seemed to be asking her all the questions, it was time to throw a few back at him. Just to see what might make a man twitch.

@HoaxDemon

Well, insomnia was something that did keep people awake at night, as she told this I looked at her face to read it. Being good at reading her face even in the night I nodded, "I believe that, It can be a monster itself," I say to her. For someone who lied on first meeting someone it was clear she seemed to have gotten stuck to something of an interest of me. Boredom was maybe one of my greatest things in this world now, a trail was waiting for me on the other side, probably guilty of a few things. More so by having seen my history.

Seeing her return with a question of her own, just in the same way as my questions. I tilted my head a bit and looked on into the distance gave a sigh and spoke up, "Mostly giving advice to people, they don't like it but someone has to tell them the truth that someone as useless weak and dumb as them will never survive the game. On the other hand, I think I mostly go out hunting, getting my frustration out.  Or I'm planning something, don't know what for or when to act my plan, But I believe nowadays people avoid me or this place completely because I am here." He looks over the edge a bit into a garden with a small pawn, tree, and flowers, "That is the inn I'm staying in, down those stairs and you can enter it. Seen some orange players enter there as well, they seemed to be never bored so who knows maybe I will speak to them," I say with a grin thinking of something to do as at the moment I did get bored from speaking with her for a moment.

I looked down at my rapier for a second and sighed, "If you have more questions go ask them now before I get bored and leave, you ruined a quiet place so ask now of shove off," I said blank to her really not caring at all for the life of me what her reaction was to me.

@Lethia

So, he gives advice to others, that seems to bit, hard to believe with how he was acting in the current moments. But then, perhaps that is because it's one in the morning, that could always be a contributing factor. Then there is the factor that it's Lethia he's talking to, she always seems to have that effect on others. But then, walking up to some random guy and instantly turning on the fact charm would do it too. But, if he wanted to play the game of being mean, she could be stubborn and just refuse, besides, advice sounded like a nice way to figure out what someone thought of her.

"So, since you give advice out to others, please tell me what you would tell someone like me." She looked at the garden though, her face holding a smile, but it seemed like her eyes didn't believe that smile on her face. Mainly because she didn't even believe that smile. Who in the heck would like things so...pretty? Of course, the talk of orange players was interesting, and since that inn seemed to allow them, she might just have to keep an eye on it. "At least the inn looks like it would be cozy." There was nothing that she could really say that was nice on that topic.

She didn't hold very many compliments in her mind towards things, and if a compliment is said, one best believe that she will mean it. Well, a compliment, not words to describe someone's looks, those are different, at least in her mind. "Well, it seems like I have struck a nerve with just my presence. I must say, that is a new encounter for me. But please, just why do I bring out this hostility from you?" There was no way that this could be related to her just walking up and calling him handsome could it?

@HoaxDemon

I turned to look at Lethia again and sighed, really did she want me to give her advice, well who cares. "I won't say I didn't warn you, but here is your advice," I paused and stopped leaning and standing up straight showing how tall I was compared to her and how thin my body was under the armor. Looking her up and down I nodded "You look weak, easy to kill, you should work on your approach of strangers, some are way smarter than you thing.  If you want to strick a pose of an easy EXP H** then, good job you did it. And well more um let's see, your face yells love me, while your eyes speak a horrible past you don't like," I sighed and shook my head, Darn this girl on closer inspection seems to be more of a dipsh*t then she lays off at first.

"I don't trust you, I have been used before and know when someone is up to something. You are a clear sign of a manipulative, two-faced monster. I well, I am just a murderer in the eyes of many, so what if I killed your dog, he attacked me I snap its neck. Or well... Nothing," I said cutting myself off before I was going to say the other thing the real reason why people saw me as a murderer. "And if you want to know why I am so hostile to you, well simply put, I don't trust you one bit. I don't trust anyone anymore. Humanity is a greedy and self-thinking thing, Sadly I'm part of this as well," I said to her still standing up straight right in front of her as I looked down at her.

"one more piece of advice, Don't start with handsome, this is how you don't get the good people under your wing. Start strong with something like just a simple hello or even maybe just a wave to them." Saying this I turned my face for one second at a time into a smile and I looked genuine happy there. "Like this, Smile look happy and friendly and nod," I paused and smiled at her, "Then just say 'Hello there, You seemed to be lonely? Want some company,' Or even 'Hello there, couldn't sleep either?" I said to her as my voice was light and happy sounding, almost like I cared. before I went back to leaning on the railing and back to my grumpy look and voice.

@Lethia

Edited by HoaxDemon

Oh boy, did she ask the wrong person for advice. The smile on her face disappeared as she listened to him and she merely shrugged in response. "That is some valid advice, with some truths. But hey, perhaps my social skills could still use some dusting off." She chuckled at the thought of her social skills going bad, she wouldn't deny that they must have at this point. Two years in this blasted game, one would forget the right and wrongs to social interactions when they act like Lethia, a two-faced scheming person.

She looked at him though and she shook her head, "Trust will always be a two way street. You don't trust me, I don't trust you. But, that doesn't meant that one needs to be hostile right off the bat. I don't trust anyone either, for my own reasons. You call yourself a murder, and yet here you stand, talking like a simple person. So that just makes me think that whatever happened to make you a 'murderer' doesn't look like it in your own eyes." Lethia, don't delve too deep into the rabbit hole, you'll get yourself hurt. "But, Humanity does suck, I'll give you that one."

Don't start with handsome, well, there that was. She still nodded, shelving that advice as well as the advice from before. "So, if this interaction here was to restart, just a simple 'Hey, sleep evading you as well?'" Now, she might just be reading too deep into things as they both seemed to look away at the same time. "So, besides my obvious failure at attempting wholehearted conversations, one question. What did bring you to join the game that you so loathe?" And there was that rabbit hole once more.

@HoaxDemon

What I never said I was good at giving advice, this was many reasons why people avoided me for having a grim outlook on things. But who cared what people think about me, I messed up my life before and who knows what will happen now, I'm just surprised that they didn't pull my plug yet. But not to worry about that at this moment, there must be many reasons why I was not dead yet. As she asked me why I joined I looked at her dead-on, right into her eyes. Sure suit yourself. "Not every murder is crazy or has a bad habit of needing a motivation, some do some don't come like to kill, other do it on accident, while there are a few who really want to do it but can't so they go for the simple option and just ask someone else to do it,"

"Oh I am a gamer, I just love to troll people on the internet and stuff," I said without any change in my voice. I coughed and sighed, "Honest answer, I had nothing else to do. Got the game, no detours went back home. House locked. And put in the NerveGear. I can say it's a nice escape from my prison cell called my own house, not on watch twenty-four-seven, No reports on my location every hour." I said these putting one hand into a gun and holding it in front of me before holding it next to my head, "You would probably know what I mean," I said to her before letting my hand down.

"A return, Why does a person like you joined this game," I asked her in return still looking her into the eyes wanting to know what made her tick inside. It's not really something for a person with her skills of making up a story out of thin air and no friends would join this game.

@Lethia

"And some, let an accident hold onto them tighter than one should. Accidents happen, maybe it was a bad one, but it isn't something to hold over one's self." Now Lethia, her almost murder wasn't an accident, it was purpose, but failed to happen. Which was why she was trying to gain those levels. Every person had their motivations, her's was just, dark.

"A trolling gamer, why does that sound like a majority of the people who I've ever met? Only they like to troll real life as well. Sucks to be them." Another shrug, she was used to the bad guys coming out tenfold. She grew up with it after all, why shouldn't she attract it. "So, house arrest is the reason your stuck in a game. Makes perfect sense if you look at it in a different light. But, you're taking it better than most, so that must mean that she have nothing good waiting for you in the real world." She nodded though with his movements, she knew all too well. "Yeah I get you there. No judgement will come either, so count yourself lucky there."

Normally, she was a ball of judgement, but not on that subject. "Me? Well, I needed an escape. Came in with a 'friend'," yes, she even did the air quotes around friend, "but once the announcement was made, I stabbed her in the back, well tried. She managed to get away, but yeah, no longer being held back by that dead weight. Literally, she was dead weight, thinking that everything was all nice and kind and that nothing bad could happen. I had to teach her a lesson some how. And she was just plain annoying, her brother too, though he is kind of cute." She started to wonder on that one. Perhaps she could turn Virgil against Nephthys, that would be quite the sight.

"But, that probably doesn't help your image of me. Oh well, too late now." She really didn't care, nor did she really care on what he was going to think about her after that either.

@HoaxDemon

listening to her story of why she was here as my return of her question got back to her, I tilted my head to her as she said she stabbed her 'friend' in the back. Surely that sounded quite interesting and I stood up towering over her again and seemed genuinely interested in this story she was telling me. I placed my hands on my hip and you could not see that I had a weapon on my hip. Sure so now she confesses after a good look scaling her up and down. A murderer with a goal who seemed completely innocent, and on the other hand is me, A Innocent who has nothing ahead and no goal, but seems like a straight-up murderer who would kill anyone without question. ...Nice pair up...

"Guess we all have out hates and missions in the end, Well you got your goal and you seemed quite focused on getting her killed. I would suggest just leaving her for now, she knows your intention and your plan, she suspects you. and even if the family gets involved you have to do a lot to get a brother and sister to turn on each other. If it was like a good friend or maybe a cousin or something it would work way better." I sighed a bit and felt like her part of the story was out now and mine was still hanging in missed.

"Well Lethia, my image of you was clear the moment you spoke to me. How about you tell me how you view this man in front of you and if you get close to the truth I tell you a part. If not I keep it in the mist until I find it acceptable to tell you." I said to her being quite honest, never seen the good out of lying at all so even if she wanted to say it that I was lying, I would just be honest and say I never lie and just at the wrong time and wrong places.

@Lethia

• 2 weeks later...

She listened to his new advice, and she nodded, he had a point, even if she didn't want to admit it or believe it. "Perhaps you are right. So, then it's just time to focus on getting myself leveled, and admittedly, stronger." A new goal, but one that was not going to pass over the original one. Just stand along side of it, working together, fueling that spite and revenge. Of course, revenge for what exactly, Lethia couldn't say really, but the feeling for revenge was there.

So now he wanted her to say what she thinks of him. This was turning into an odd encounter now, and it's involving something that she sucked at the most, reading people. So, with the silence around them for a few minutes, she just looked at him, attempting to read what she could. Which, admittedly, was nothing. But, still, she was going to attempt it. "I still say that you are an accidental murderer. What happened, you didn't plan on happening or have no remembrance of it happening. But it's made you into a person who just doesn't trust or believe in others." Of course, knowing her, this was far off. Who would be an 'accidental murderer'? Was that even a thing?

@HoaxDemon