[[PP-F4]] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Of Fishes and Snakes

“B-but the quest is done, you don’t cat-catch me as the type to stay.” The silver eyed man stared at the redhead for a long moment before shaking his head once. 

"Do I really strike ya as the type to just up and leave, either? 

“Yeh. You do.” It wasn’t meant to sound harsh, it was just the truth. Mari shut her eyes and pulled the coat around her head, if she stayed here she’d probably freeze to death, even with the <<Survival>> skill. “You left those other players. You’re alone.” 

He laughed. "I do what pleases me in the moment. I'm selfish like that. And right now, jetting on a cute girl ain't pleasin' ta me." He stood up slowly, stretching out as he shook himself vigorously. 

“Ass.” Mari mumbled as she buried her face, using the fact that she was drying it as an excuse. Lest he comment on that. Mari stood, albeit on more shaky legs than Mephisto. “I a-appreciate it...but I’m fine.” Mari said as she shifted her eyes away from him. “I...s-should probably get going to a h-higher floor to dry off a-and warm up.” She inwardly cursed her chattering teeth. It made her sound like a blubbering teenager. And that was the last thing she needed right now. “T-thanks though…”

"That sounds like an excellent idea." He reached down and pulled her to her feet, tucking her against his side. "I told ya, I ain't leaving ya alone Peaches. So what floor we goin' to." 

Asdhgekenff

Mari’s brain...short circuited for a few minutes she stared straight ahead as she tried to process what was currently happening. Every so often her Koi fish would dance in front of her view before disappearing. It moved through the air as though it were water. “K-Kohaku.” Mari said as she reached out with a shaky hand and typed in her familiars name. 

"That name's familiar. Huh. Wonder why?" She heard Mephisto murmur from beside her. 

She could have told him it was simply the name of the breed of Koi - but Mari chose to ignore him. What floor....she couldn’t tell him the 10th, that was where her shop was and the last thing Mari needed was him stalking her to that. Besides - that’d be too cold. Maybe she should tell him a ridiculously high floor, surely he wouldn’t follow then? “Floor 22.” Came Mari’s reply as she finally, albeit reluctantly tried to pull away from the warmth of his side to make her way toward the boss room floor- Mari had to travel the long way. That’d tick him off, right?

"Well that's gonna be a trek - nope." His voice turned stern for a moment as his arm around her tightened. "Until you stop shivering and chattering that's right where you're staying, Peaches."

Mari jostled away from him with newfound vigour- fuelled by a mixture of embarrassment and rage “Who the f-f**k do you think you are?” She snapped. “You can follow me to the 22nd floor b-but I don’t need to be cl-clamped to your goddam side.”

He stared at her deadpan before one corner of his mouth twitched upwards slowly. "I think I'm the guy who dove into a freezing lake to drag you outta it, Peaches. Glad your fire's back."

“That’s y-your dumbass decision now i-isn’t it…” Mari muttered as she stormed off ahead of him. Dammit. Why did it have to be him of all people? “L-lets go then.” She grumbled as her footsteps carried her away from the lake.

There was a soft chuckle behind her. "Nah, wasn't too dumb a decision I think." But he didn't say anything else as he trudged after her, humming a soft tune as they went.

Rewards

Mari + Mephisto 2SP
1 Thread + 1 Quest

Mari + Mephisto 200 Col each
400 per page /2 

Mari
Familar: Kohaku

A Koi fish with a white and orange colour variation; when out of inventory it swims around in the air around its user, Mari - as though the air itself was water.
Image result for anime koi fish