[PP-F1] Subtle wind gaining speed (Secret Medicine of the forest)

A subtle nod to Kasumi in tandem "Right, let's just get this over with."

The crashing sound broke the silence between them, as some peacock colored ficus broke from the ground.

Gaius turned his attentions toward the sound seeing this creature with an exasperated shout "Fine then bring it on, I live for this crap and could use the coin from your corpse I'm starved!"

A glow quickly darts along the tip of his glaive, with a kickoff causing dirt to puff backward. Two lines of light create an X over the creature in broad arcs, Gaius sliding past and grinding to a halt with a pole-vault hurtling him and back to his heels in an about-face, his body rotated toward his target without wasted movement.

The nepent riddled with bright red gashes where the strikes found flesh, it hisses and moves for blood as Gaius shouts "What's the matter, if you want some then come get it!"

#135160 BD:9 Minor Critical!

( 2 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 0/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

( 0 [CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100 HP, 4/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Loot Dice 3

Nepent Variant: 10/15 HP, Damage 10, Mitigation 5 (Heft: [4+1]*2=10-5=5 Damage!)

Edited by Gaius

Kasumi was done, she had enough of the killing for today and simply had one left in her.

Tearing off the dirt in a flash of pink lines

"Hyut."

Screaming through the air with fleet feet she stops and starts to slide, a dislodging kick from below knocks the target airborne as the trailing light shoots upward creates a quick circle and vanishes with a crash as she drops an Arial heel smashing the creature to the ground with a hefty force and a *pop*

"I'm done here..."

Kasumi remarks as the quest does not complete and will have to wait another day when she is more comfortable with doing it.

Unwrapping the band from her palm and pocketing it once again, she looks to Gaius and softly says with the shadows obscuring her delicate face. "There will be no more blood staining my hands today." as she turns to head back to town.

#135162 BD: 4+3=7 Hit!

#135163 LD: 1+3 Failed to Find Ovule!

( 2 [CD:1-6]) Gaius: 20/20 HP, 0/2 EN, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

( 1 [CD:7-12]) Kasumi: 100/100 HP, 1/10 EN, Damage 6, Accuracy 3, Loot Dice 3 [1 EN Recovered] [4 En Used]

Nepent Variant: -9/15 HP, Damage 10, Mitigation 5 (Delayed Sword [6*4=24-5=19 Damage!)

Edited by Kasumi

"Yeah your right, this seems a little uneven and if your not up for this I would much rather do something faster."

Gaius admits it to Kasumi, attempting to give her some respite from the pressures shes endured.

A quick scan over the dirt to see if he missed anything, the battlefield was in total wreckage: small pockets of earth and broken leaves and varied skidmarks littered the small clearing in the forest.

She really is impressive...

"Let's get you back..." Gaius says while digging through his pocket "I've still got some coin in here, thank goodness I won't starve..."

Following behind Kasumi with his mind on the next meals he'd order:

Roasted Boar Flank, with a side of honeyed rolls. complimented with a strong barley brew

Fried Salted Plains Lizard layered in fondue, a few glazed apples chopped and cinnamon powdered, with a dash of whiskey to offset the salt and sweet.

Gaius's mouth salivating at the varied thoughts of plates dancing in his mind like succubus taunting him.

Edited by Gaius

Beating a path out from this failure, Kasumi's feet carrying her further and faster as she was eager to put it behind her. A small box blocks her path, impeding her retreat.

The chest was in decent shape despite the location, littered with small scuffs but mostly flawless dark wood with a solid cast iron trim bolted with rivets. Iconic curvature making the top of the container with a small eyelet gracing the front from where it clam shell's shut.

A quick wave to Gaius, having not encountered such a thing before she gestured to him for a second opinion.

"What should we do, just leave it alone?"

Looking closer over it with a magnified eye, she can't seem to spot any determining hazard like lines or triggers set within its seams.

Kasumi looks to Gaius to see what he has to say, as shes had about enough of today.

#135164 LD: 19+3=22 (Chest Found!)

Edited by Kasumi

Gaius looks to the box as a wide grin stretches across his face. "Now I can afford ~Both meals"

Traps?

Gaius wasn't afraid of any traps who cares about traps, Placing his hands softly on the corners of the box with a subtle rub on each side.

leave it alone

Hell if he was going to miss out on the possibility of such a feast because he was scared of a little box.

"Screw that," Gaius says throwing caution to the wind and ripping the box ajar, from within a small collection of gemstones a tiny bag of col and a couple of wrapped up parcels of something. Gaius looks up to Kasumi "Would you look at that, the materials you were after, guess today wasn't all bad then... I'm taking the coin."

Ripping the materials out at handing them to Kasumi along with the small bottles, Gaius claims his liquid meal and is satisfied with the outcome of today.

The pair headed back to the city, [Failing the quest] they had started out on, but coming home just a tad richer.

#135165 LD: 9

75*Col

3*T1 materials

2* Rare Consumables <<Unidentified>>

Edited by Gaius