[[PP-F22] <<Training your Friend>> As Coy as a Koi

So it really was all a game to him? “I unno….” Mari said quietly as she turned her head away from his predatory grin. “You wouldn’t be saying that about me if you knew about the things I’ve done. I kinda really deserve all that abuse and more.” Mari was quiet with her words. She honestly believed them, but to hear them like that? It made her feel heavy, and her world that little bit darker.  Mari hugged herself. “Honestly… I’m scared that I’ll have another breakdown.”

He gave a soft snort. "Maybe I would or maybe I wouldn't. I can't claim to be a saint either Peaches. And it does sound like you need allies you can trust. Or at least account for and rely on." He hummed for a moment before shrugging slightly. 

She didn’t elaborate. IF he was as smart as he liked to make himself out to be he could do his own damn research.

“I did say I’d show you…” Mari said as she turned to the tree, she held out her blade and whistled. Kohaku swam around her, and practically dove into the blade. It was as though the shimmering red of the blade was a pond that the Koi fish was able to shift shape and dive into - and as the tip of his tail disappeared, it engulfed the blade - surrounding it in an orange tinted water that shimmered as though the evening sun was shining upon it. Then, Mari turned to the tree and struck it.

The tree lurched; groaning under its own weight as it came crashing down to the earth. Shattering into crystals. "And that...." Mari said triumphantly. "Is how people utilize their familiars in battle." She turned to Mephisto; a smile full of pride upon her face. It was...frustrating to say the least. But at least she had some company, even if that company may not be too fond of her. His head was tilted to one side, his red eyes showing as he stared at the tree. He let a slow whistle out and clapped twice. The orange swirl around her dagger slowly formed into her Koi, Kohaku again. It's tail curled around her form as it seeped from her blade like a genie from an enchanted bottle.

"Well? What do you think Mephisto?"

"Impressive, very impressive. I'd honestly not really considered a familiar before but - I might have to rethink that stance." His gaze turned to her, his eyes locking with hers before his lids drooped back down to their normal slit state. "He suits you. Unassuming, pretty, but quite dangerous.

Did he just….”I’m not pretty…” Mari muttered as she huffed, putting both her weapon and Kohaku away. “And you know it. So don’t bother sugarcoating it snakeboy.” Mari turned on her heel - she was done here. “If you wanna find me again, I’ll be around where I caught Kohaku. Till then….” Mari gave him a small wave.

“I might just do that Peaches.” Came his smooth reply. And Mari instantly wished  she hadn’t just offered like that.

Oh well…

At least now she had a trained familiar.

ID#138227  CD: 10
CD 7+ Required to succeed.
3/3 Times Trained

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic