[PP-01] <<Training your Friend>> w/ Mari

Cordelia let out a small laugh, shaking her head. "I think I will."

She nodded, rising to her feet as she clipped on her capelet. Cordelia followed her to the tree. "I don't know about you but I'd be pretty afraid if a koi fish came charging after me in the air," she said jokingly, watching as Mari held out her dagger. 

"Whaaaat?" Cordelia exclaimed, jumping backwards as she stared at the dagger in awe. "That's awesome!" She said excitedly, "do you think Pacco can do that? I've never seen him do it before. I hope I don't accidentally slice them in two if I do try it out," she muttered, looking over to her familiar. "That's such an efficient way of keeping your familiar around too," she noted, staring at the dagger. "That's super cool, though. How did you figure out that Kohaku could do that?" She asked, scratching her chin. 

ID: 138338
CD: 10, Success

2/3

"Come to think of it....I do recall reading a horror story about floating man eating fish..I think it was called Shibuya fish." Mari commented as she gestured with her hands, creating a bowl shape in the air. "There was this  big 'bowl' around Shibuya and it was filled with all sorts of things goldfish, those ones with those blobs on their heads and they just ate everyone whilst taunting them. Couldn't tell if it was meant to be horror or comedy." Mari snorted. "Maybe I subconsciously thought of that when I got Kohaku." She said as she lifted up her dagger, it still had the swirls of orange and white mist around it.

Mari couldn't help but feel a swell of pride and confidence when she saw Cordelia's reaction. "I was researching familiars - and noticed that some people manage to have them work around what they want. I read that some guy has an owl which sits on his shoulders to help him spot stuff - Someone else had a fire imp thing which would wrap itself around his sword and turn into flames...and I thought 'well I can do that too'"   Mari glanced down at her blade, as for how? That was a little harder to explain.  "I tried to visualize it. A blade is clear, and reflective - so it wasn't hard for me to think of it like a pristine pond or lake. I imagine Kohaku swimming around within the blade - and when I have both of them equipped...I hold the blade out like this -"  Mari held her blade out so that the flat side faced up. "And He just dives right on in there. It took a bit of fandangaling...placing a bit of food on the blade to coax him to do it - now it happens naturally."

Mari turned to the tree and slashed her dagger across it - a line of flames appeared on it before the tree collapsed, crashing down leaving nothing but a stump.  Mari stepped forward and sat her rump down on the charred stump. "So yeh, that's how I did it. Do you think you want to do the same with Pacco?" Mari tapped her lip.  "I could imagine a flurry of feathers surrounding your blade - but think of the feathers as something sharp imagine that each feather has a deadly painful edge, just like your katana."

@Cordelia

"Oh my. That certainly. . . sounds interesting, I guess." Cordelia pondered at the story for a second before she laughed to herself. "It sounds like there would be some kind of hidden moral or theme around it but I'm not sure if I can think of one about. . . a man eating fish."

Cordelia nodded her head. "You must have really put a lot of thought into it," she exclaimed thoughtfully. "I've never actually heard of people researching familiars before. It sounds like some kind of study now that I think of it," she mumbled, scratching her chin. "You could really sell that information. I'm sure it could be helpful to people who are looking for some kind of familiar that would fit their builds and weapons," she suggested.

Cordelia nodded along with Mari's explanation. "Right. . . that would make sense," she notered, opening her menu for a second before she equipped her katana. "I'm not sure if Onimaru would have the right kind of blade for Pacco to jump into," Cordelia muttered, slightly drawing out her blade from its sheath before she paused.

"I'm sure we can try. The visualization helps. . . I just hope that he doesn't accidentally cut himself or something," she said jokingly before drawing out her whole katana from its hold. 

"Honestly...I don't think the story had any moral - it was just horror for the sake of horror. I'd find it hard to find any moral in 'ahh goldfish are eating everyone'  maybe...the moral is don't flush them down the toilet?" Mari suggested with a light chuckle.

Mari felt a little embarssed admitting it, "Yeh. I did." She said when Cordelia said she must have put a lot of thought into familiars. "As I said, I wanted something I wouldn't be ovely attached to, since its not like I can take a fish made of data with me back into the real world - and...I can get attached to things easily If I let myself. Then I wondered what type of familiar. It may change in the future but right now, as a dagger user I needed damage."  Mari shrugged. "I wouldn't sell it, if people want it I'm available to help. I'd feel weird putting a price on it."

Mari watched as Cordelia pulled out her Katana, talking about having Pacco jump into it. Mari approached Cordelia, and lightly grabbed her hand that held the Katana. "Instead of it jumping into the weapon, what about a miniature tornado?" Mari asked as she made the small circular gesture with Cordelia's wrist before letting the other girl go. "Imagine the flurry of black feathers whirling around the blade, starting here." She pointed at the hilt and ran her finger around the blade in a loop, "And spiraling out to the tip here. Sine it makes sense for a fish to jump into water or a surface but not so much a crow. Work with the familiar you have. It's winged, and flies, so use those elements."

@Cordelia

Cordelia chuckled. "I suppose that is a moral."

She nodded along. "Yeah, I get that." She gave Mari a silly grin. "I suppose that's fair. I'll be sure to direct people to you if they ever want that kind of information," she beamed, giving the girl a thumbs-up.

"Alright, that makes sense," Cordelia agreed, looking over to the Paccos before she gave him a pointed look. "What? I can't be the only one putting work into this," Cordelia argued before rolling her eyes. "Just-- just try to make this work, Pacco," she mumbled, holding out her katana.

"Fingers crossed," she whispered before slowly rotating the katana at an angle. "Alright, Pacco. Try it out, please?" She asked, turning her head to her familiars. Almost sighing, the two birds' chests heaved before they spread their wings and took flight. What a baby--

Cordelia rolled her eyes slightly before she slightly increased the speed. "Okay, now!" She exclaimed. Just like Mari had visualized, the two birds followed the rotation of her. After a few seconds, she essentially had a tiny tornado-- filled with small black feathers and specs of dust. "I think it's working?" She said quizzically.

And then it happened. The wind suddenly disappeared and her familiars were not longer in the air. In fact, they weren't anywhere. "I'm pretty sure it worked?" She asked, looking down at her blade, which was now a pitch black color. "I-it worked!" She exclaimed, looking over to Mari excitedly. "Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me," she said excitedly, going over to hug Mari before she held her katana in front of her. "Now I got to find out how to get them out of there," she whispered, her eyes widening before she looked over to her companion. "I can do that on my own, though. Maybe at home? Thank you, though. I mean it."

ID: 138447
CD: 10, Success

3/3