[SP-F6] Searching For Who or What?

It had crossed his mind from time to time but Crozeph didn't imagine himself out of Floor 10 again. As he finally set foot outside the settlement he noticed the busy roads an lively people in it "maybe I should get back to the shop and identify..." then it had struck him, he has nothing to identify. Krycim made memories flood back to Crozeph again "swamp water" he thought. The days where he was part of Square One. He made his way towards the lush path outside of the settlement and began making his way to the deep forest. Elevations are quite different from every side. Crozeph would always stop and examine his path making sure he won't slip from wet grass or stumble down from slopes. It was a hard path to traverse and if it wasn't for his <<Survival>> skill he would've bled his head to a fall. Compared to the desert that he and Hestia traversed this one was rather calming despite the terrain being such a pain. Crozeph walked, climbed and held on to vines as he made his way from from the settlement. He looked back, thinking how far has he gone from Krycim "oh, I haven't made it far... just 30 meters maybe" he uttered. he was already sweating from the temperature. The trees provided enough shade for him to rest a few minutes standing and looking around him "any moment soon an ape will hurl its waste on me" he thought as he stood. Crozeph wasn't planning to stay long, the plan was find a dungeon, find a treasure chest and get back to the shop "rinse and repeat" he continued his way to the forest and whatever he may encounter on the way "the universal language of pointing your weapon is always effective"  he thought as he gazed to the area where sunlight is bathing it, a start of his expedition which might be short-lived or long term.

Stats

• Level 20
  • [HP: 200] [Energy: 40]
  • [DMG: 10] [MIT:26] [EVA: 0] [ACC: 0 ]

Equips

• Bleeding Dove [+3 damage]
  • Sairento-Ou No Yoroi [+2 MIT +1 Light Momentum]
  • Kuro Yukata [+3 Loot Dice]
  • Black socks, wooden sandals [vanity items]

Skills

•  Katana [R4] +3 damage
  • Battle healing [R2] +8 HP regen in combat
  • Light Armor [R2] +8 MIT
  • Survival [extra] +15 HP regen out of combat
  • Meditation [extra]

Items [battle ready/others]

•  x3 Tier 1 uncommon health potions
  • T1 Blank Dungeon map 
Edited by Crozeph
stats and equips

Heavy breathing, the sunlight beating down like a member of an angry cartel, the chirping of the birds, and occasional howl of god-knows-what-creature-it-was. Crozeph must've been far off from the settlement. The path remained a bit slippery for Crozeph, the sandals must've been drowned with sap underneath. If it wasn't for his lack of proper determination he could've conquered the path in just a few hours but no "I want a cold beer and a bag of chips" he uttered in annoyance. Probably because he wasn't an outdoor person that's why he's complaining like a kid who got dragged to a grocery store against his will. The sun might have been a bit hot especially when one is walking in an upward and almost climbing manner but Crozeph had to do it, he had to use his muscles for something other than fighting like a wannabe samurai.

An hour more and he reached the top or the end of the path maybe and saw a clearing just a few feet before him. Crozeph wanted to rest for a while, the clearing seemd like a good idea of a resting spot, might as well mark it in a map so players can benefit from it. The leaves of the trees somehow made the heat bearable and as the wind swept calmly in the area, Crozeph leaned his head on the root of a tree "must be nice being a tree, you only get somewhere when someone cuts you down" he thought. His katana is resting on his shoulder and his eyes lokking at the sunlight passing through the leaves, struggling to keep it's light to illuminate the area. He hasn't meet Oikawa or the others yet, surely Azide won't be seen "I wonder how they're doing, I've only seen Baldur while I met a new one..." Crozeph rubbed the bridge of his nose "...was it Hestea? Hesta? Haste? Hecate? oh right Hestia"  he said. The tank build girl was indeed built like a... tank. Such resilience brought success to their expeditions and quest, well one quest to be exact but Crozeph had fun during that and wanted to have that again. This time he's going to help Baldur. Be it to acquire items, info, or loot he;s down with, just not the recruitment part "I've been having trouble with people thoughts lately"  he thought as he continued to rest in the shade of the tree.

Ten minutes of peace and it probably helped Crozeph. he never knew he needed it until he decided to go out of Yomi. He doesn't regret the isolation or the complacency to stay inside a settlement, it was just that there was a better option. The clearing must've been made to be a resting point for players or else it would've been unsafe for Crozeph to stay. He stood up as a cool breeze swept him. He checked his sword and armor, the few things he had for the expedition along with the map. The place from calm and peaceful to a bug-infested forest. Not sure of where to begin Crozeph decided to gather at least a few materials before finding a dungeon or chest. He began looking for soils that are soft yet sprawling with plants that has vibrant leaves. As soon as Crozeph found one just below a tall tree he began his search for something useful.

• [ID: 140292]
  • LD: 7 + 3 = 11
  • no materials found
Edited by Crozeph
rolled for materials

Moving on to the next place, Crozeph sighed at his first attempt "what could go wrong with this? I know there is a low chance of finding it quickly but yeah I gotta continue since I already started"  he muttered. As he tries to shake of the tall leaves and vines on the way Crozeph saw something with a potential to be a material. He walked towards it and inspected the place "seemed like there could be something here, might as well try it" Crozeph unsheathed his sword and slashed at the trunk of the tree. It might reveal something useful for Crozeph. The gash was big enough to stick his hand it and reach inside for something "should I?" he thought "horror movies taught me that if I stick my hand inside a suspicious hole it get's cut off" he said "oh well, I can always find a way to deal with it" he added. Crozeph stuck his hand in hoping it could give him something good enough to use.

• [ID: 140359]
  • LD: 16 + 3 = 19 
  • x1 [Tier 1] material found
Edited by Crozeph

"Well that was fast enough" he thought as he held the material "now it'll be useful in the future." Crozeph continued his walk deeper into the forest and it seemed that the thick grass and tall trees began to slowly thin out as he made progress "I guess I should look for materials while I can here"  he glanced around him "this grass and tall trees spell trouble." As he continued he saw something hanging from a tree, it was covered with vines as if it wrapped the thing like a cocoon "material I suppose"  Crozeph looked around on where the vine seem to start where he could reach it with his katana. It took him a couple of minutes to fin the vine nearer to the ground. Crozeph unsheathed the katana and slashed at it. A crunch was heard after a few seconds and Crozeph saw from behind him that the thing had fallen to the ground "now let's get to work" he said as he made hi way towards the mysterious object opening it with his katana gently so as not to render it useless.

• [ID: 140385]
  • LD: 17 + 3 = 20
  • x1 [Tier 1] material found
Edited by Crozeph

A delicate way of opening what he found was good enough for Crozeph to gather yet another material. He doesn't know however where he can put it to use, soon he'll be trying to gain some equipment if he ever comes across one and now materials have been gathered enough for him to say that his expedition didn't go to waste. For some reason the sun beating down on him didn't matter anymore. Whether he found materials or not he seemed to enjoy what he is doing "the only thing left for me to do is find a dungeon, that is the main goal" he thought. Crozeph looked at a bush just beside him as he walked "this one looked suspicious " he said. Crozeph pulled out his katana again and hacked his way in the bush. He then began to dig just below it, hoping and trying to fin materials again.

• [ID: 140496]
  • LD: 13 + 3 = 16
  • x [Tier 1] material found
Edited by Crozeph

Another search with good result, Crozeph made a faint smile as he placed the material in his inventory. He had been searching for a while and it seemed like a rest is deserve. Crozeph looked for a tree that is easy to climb. He wanted to get off the ground so he won't be a prey to wild animals who roams the area. He found one after a good five minutes and climb up, using his katana to prop him up if needed. He wa up from the ground by about as tall as him. it was good enough, he just wanted to rest not hide. The chirping of the birds were much more louder up, some nests must be nearby.He remained still and tried to listen to his surroundings, a faint rush of water was what he was trying to find. There area rivers in the floor and he wondered if there are waterfalls also, it would be a good place to find a dungeon but for now he had to rest, everything will fall into place together soon. 

Resting felt better than before probably because Crozeph gathered a good number of materials as he ventured deeper to the forest. He wanted to at least get things done he gets himself into trouble. As he continued to rest on a think branch of a tree he decided to pull up his UI and began to assess his current stats "I'd gave to sacrifice dealing damage for accuracy" he then looked at his evasion stat "and work on this one as well" he thought. His stats were more invested on him dealing damage but what good can it do if he can't land them. Baldur has given him the advice of going for a more sturdy build "I guess I'll take that advice and go for..." as he stared at his stat he heard a low growl from behind him "danger from above" he thought. Crozeph closed his UI and jumped down from the branch and landed on the grassy area of the place "I'd say aim for the bushes but not today" Crozeph placed his left hand on his katana and turned around. It was a jaguar but the claws were bigger than the normal "investing on damage also? you won't get far with that" he told the jaguar. Crozeph kept his hand ready on his sword, anytime soon the jaguar might attack "never underestimate the power of the high ground" he thought.

• Longclaw Jaguar
  • HP: 200
  • DMG: 60 EVA: 0 MIT: 0 ACC: 0

[ID: 140635]

• BD; 6 success MD: 7 success
  • Crozeph dealt 10 damage to jaguar
  • Jaguar dealt 60 - 26 MIT = 34 damage to Crozeph

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 366/400
  • Energy: 39/40
  • DMG: 10 MIT: 26 EVA: 0 ACC: 0

Longclaw Jaguar

• HP: 190/200
  • DMG: 60

The jaguar pounced on Crozeph from the branch where he was earlier. Its claws are already out and aimed at the raven-haired player. Crozeph also unsheathe his sword quickly and rolled forward, moving his face from the attack's direction. Their attack connected still even though Crozeph dodged. His right shoulder had a gash where fragments flew off "well that hurt like alcohol on a wound" he said. The jaguar turned around and took a step towards Crozeph "will you look at that" Crozeph turned around as the jaguar flinched. Its belly has been wounded also by Crozeph's katana. The jaguar growled as it began to realize what the player has done. Crozeph raised his sword, leveling it to his chest. A sword art is what he needed to establish as upper hand and also not to drag the battle too long. He could hear rustling from the leaves and bushes around them "looks like we caused an uproar to the other animals" he thought.

Edited by Crozeph

[ID: 140637]

• BD: 10 critical MD: 8 success
  • Crozeph gained 8 HP [Battle healing] [366 + 8 = 374/400]
  • Crozeph dealt 10 + 2 critical = 12 damage to jaguar
  • jaguar dealt 60 - 26 MIT = 34 damage to Crozeph

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 340/400 
  • Energy: 39/40

Longclaw Jaguar

• HP: 178/200

The fight continued, The jaguar pounced on Crozeph tried to unleash a sword art to the jaguar. Both dealt damage to each other but Crozeph wasn't able to follow his plan, the distance that the jaguar can cover is too fast for Crozeph to at least a powerful attack. The jaguar walked menacingly around Crozeph as he as tried to assess his situation "I need an attack that i can unleash very fast, simply going for a powerful one might cost me a second of my life" he thought. Crozeph's katana is already at the level of his chest, whatever might go he'll unleash a sword art that isn't time consuming and also quick. The damage was the least of his concern, he still has more to cover in his expedition and he can't just waste it on some jaguar who has longer than usual claws. 

Edited by Crozeph

[ID: 141023]

• BD; 9 critical MD: 9 critical
  • Crozeph gained 8 HP [Battle Healing] [340 + 8 = 348]
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base damage +1 critical x2 Han'ei = 22 damage
  • jaguar dealt 60 + 1 critical - 26 MIT = 35 damage to Crozeph

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 313/400 
  • Energy: 37/40

Longclaw Jaguar

• HP: 158/200

The fight ensued, The jaguar dashed forward to the raven-haired player again, long claws protruding and ready to tear Crozeph in half. The player didn't waste any second either. He took a step forward with left foot and pulled his sword back. The katana unleashed a glow, it was a sword art raedy to hit as soon as Crozeph has calculated the right distance. The two fighter's attack met, The jaguar's claws wounded Crozeph by his side. His katana was stuck on the jaguar's teeth, it had planned to stop his attack but the glow of his katana was an indication that he has successfully activated his sword art "Han'ei" Crozeph uttered. Crozeph forced his katana forward cutting at the jaguar's mouth and made it flinched as his first attack landed. Han'ei is a two combo attack and Crozeph slashed donward wounding the jaguar by the neck before rolling away. Both dealt critical blows and it seems that Crozeph managed to chip away a decent HP but at the price of his. "Not bad" he thought before returning to his usual stance.

Edited by Crozeph

[ID: 141119]

• BD: 7 success MD: 5 fail
  • Crozeph gained 8 HP [313 + 8 = 321]
  • Crozeph dealt 10 x 6 Gen Getsu = 60 damage to Longclaw Jaguar

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 321/400 
  • Energy: 25/40

Longclaw Jaguar

• HP: 98/200

Crozeph kept his stance as he tried to ignore the pain on his side, the jaguar got him good with the speed it has exhibited from their last exchange. "It seems to like taking the initiative" he thought. Crozeph took a deep breathe keeping his eyes on the predator before him who seem to be walking around while the gash on it's back indicated that Crozeph's attack struck something. He lowered his sword and began to breathe slowly, a sword art that covers a good deal of area might just prove the trick. Soon enough the jaguar dashed forward again, trying to pounce on Crozeph with it's claws on its front legs. Crozeph however has a plan. He took a step back with his right foot and his katana glowed, another sword art that might deal just the right amount of damage to the agile predator. Without hesitation Crozeph moved in a circular motion  but his sword wasn't able to complete the circle, it was an irregular motion "Gen Getsu" he uttered. The jaguar landed on Crozeph's range of attack and received the full damage of the sword art. The jaguar rolled back, its attack failed while Crozeph seemed to have gain the advantage of having the higher health from them both.

Edited by Crozeph

[ID: 141120]

• BD; 9 critical MD: 1 critical fail
  • Crozeph gained 8 health [321 + 8 = 329]
  • Crozeph dealt 10 + 1 critical roll x6 Gen Getsu = 66 damage to Longclaw jaguar

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 329/400 
  • Energy: 19/40

Longclaw Jaguar

• HP: 32/200

As the jaguar rolled back after taking damage from Crozeph's sword art, the raven-haired player didn't waste another chance and moved forward. A second powerful attack might just seal the win he needed from this jaguar. Crozeph planted his left foot forward and swung his katana in a circular motion. The jaguar raised its claws to attack also but Crozeph was already ahead of the move by a few seconds. His attack sliced at the predators side sending it a few feet away from him. The jaguar failed its attack again and it seemed that Crozeph managed to land another blow "now i just have to be careful that it won't jump on me as I try to finish it off" he thought. the battle is still not over but He at least has a higher chance of surviving than the enemy, that alone is enough for him.

Edited by Crozeph

[ID: 141169]

• BD: 10 critical MD:4 fail
  • Crozeph gained 8 health [329 + 8 = 337]
  • Crozeph dealt [10 + 2 critical x6 Gen Getsu = 72 damage]

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 337/400 
  • Energy: 13/40

Longclaw Jaguar

• HP: 0/200

The jaguar growled but it seemed weakened already from Crozeph's two consecutive attacks landed. He never imagine that he'd actually hit something "I guess you're welcome" Crozeph told the jaguar. He lowered his sword as it began to growl loudly. After a few seconds it moved again but with it's weakened state the attack was rather dull. Crozeph however didn't waste the opportunity. He used his sword art for the third time to finish off the jaguar. The energy consumption was too much for Crozeph but it was worth it. The jaguar shattered to fragments as it received Gen Getsu for the third time."Went out like a prey" he uttered as he placed his katana back to it's sheathe. Crozeph stood where the jaguar was slain waiting for something to come out. A loot that might just be useful enough or compensation for the trouble.

• [ID: 141175]
  • LD: 4 + 3 = 7 CD: 3

Spoiler

Longclaw jaguar drops:

• 600 col + 400 bonus col = 1,000 col
  • 1 T1 uncommon consumable [unidentified]
  • 2 T1 materials

Edited by Crozeph
  • Crozeph gained 15 HP [Survival]
  • [337 + 15 =  352/400]

Crozeph placed the loot inside his inventory, it was enough for him to be satisfied. He wasn't expecting much either, he just wanted to gain something from a quick battle. The place seemed dangerous now that Crozeph was attacked and he soon made his way deeper to the forest. A few minutes was the duration of the battle as Crozeph noticed that the sun is still high. He shielded his eyes as he walked in a pathway. It seemed unusual with plants and trees still tall but a narrow path was there. He had no time to investigate who made the path. He is trying his luck on searching inside a dungeon and right now what he needs is indication that one is nearby "might as well gather materials while I'm at it" he thought. Crozeph opened his in game map and tried to assess his location "where did I start?"  he asked "now where am I?" Crozeph closed the map "it's useless, what was the japanese term?" Crozeph thought as he walked "ahh, muda muda!"  he exclaimed as he continued on his way.

• Crozeph gained 15 health [Survival]
  • [352 + 15 = 367/400]

He walked a few meters away from where he had fought a jaguar earlier. Crozeph was planning on finding some kind of ruin where he suspects a dungeon might be found. As he walked it began to rain, something Crozeph hasn't experienced before "I guess I have to find a shade" he thought as the rain continued to pour into the forest. It took Crozeph 3 minutes to find a suitable spot where he could wait until the rain stopped. The leaves where much more livelier as the rain drenched them in water. The patter of rain made Crozeph feel a much more calm feeling. He stood under a tree where beside it a plant grew giant leaves enough for someone to take shelter "the rain isn't gloomy in the forest compared to the city" Crozeph thought. Perhaps the common grey or white color of houses in the city made a gloomy impression to Crozeph but who is he to think of such things? he himself lives in a floor with dim lights and undead or hollow people as inhabitants. Crozeph looked up, looks like it'll be raining for a few minutes.

"This is a nice umbrella, you should take care of it" a girl told him as they walked together sharing an umbrella in the rain "yeah I figured I'd this in your face to dry it out fast" the boy replied looking ahead of them. The girl giggled, she knew that it would annoy him. going home together and her visiting his home "I know you're upset with me visiting your home but i just want to make something for your dinner, you can't just live off your quick cooking nonsense" she told him. "I can cook for myself woman, i'm no imbecile who can't even cook grilled squid" he told her as they continued to walk in the rain slowly "look no matter what you say to me I'm visiting you, I'm your bestfriend and even I get worried about you" she has been so stubborn and it seems that the boy couldn't do anything about it. "You'd be disappointed, my room is littered with all kinds of porn magazine" he told her trying to shake off the idea of visiting him one last time "all the more reason to visit your house, I'll burn every thing that reinforces your tendencies to look at women in a really messed up way" she replied to him with dead serious eyes.  "I guess you're really visiting"  he told her. The two made it to the bus stop and took the first bus that arrived and the boy sat by the window he looked at the rain outside "the rain at the city is gloomy or is it just me?" he asked himself.

The patter of the rain continued in the forest, Crozeph stood under the shade and tried to think of a way he could make a move. He stretched out his hand and felt that it won't be stopping anytime soon. He unsheathe his katana and sliced off one of the big leaves growing on where he's taking a shade. Crozeph resumed his  travel with the huge leaf as an umbrella, it wasn't as good as his umbrella that he always uses and big enough to fit two people but he needed it anyways. He continued to walk and tried to find the ruins he had heard of or seen in the guide. The rain didn't annoy Crozeph, somehow he felt nostalgic experiencing it again but inside a game.

It looked like it was there for hundreds of years, An expanse of Columns made of stone and intricate designs loomed over Crozeph as he stood before it. The map had alrady prompted the name of the location. Crozeph gazed at his map "Ruins of Tsjericanth" he muttered as he closed his map "I didn't expect it to be as big as a city" Crozeph began to make is way inside. The columns and ceiling were covered with vines, moss and in other places are thick branches protruding. Birds fly playfully inside and outside the ruins and it seemed like the place is a settlement turned into a ruin where players can explore. Crozeph scanned the area of materials, surely there is something to gain. He didn't come all this way just to search for a dungeon or a treasure chest, he was also stocking up on materials to use as payment for his planned upgrade of stats. "An investment in accuracy and evasion is probably what I need"  he thought. Crozeph saw something glimmer on a wall. HE made his way towards it and began to pull away some vines. He was expecting something but whether the place was willing to give him something is up to these ruins and it seems that Crozeph will be staying in Tsjericanth for a while longer than expected.

• [ID: 141255]
  • LD; 17 + 3 = 20 
  • x1 T1 material found
Edited by Crozeph

The material he found was a good sign. Crozeph placed the materials inside his inventory and began to make his way deeper into the ruins. He's trying to look for a treasure chest, the place looked like it wasn't explored much by many players. The size of the ruins may have caused players to be discouraged on taking further steps on finding anything. Crozeph isn't and outdoor person but he liked exploring places. If there isn't any good reason or specific place to go he won't be going out. Finding a chest and a dungeon was enough reason for Crozeph to go out. As much as he likes to complain on how it is bright, crowded, and noisy outside, Crozeph never let an opportunity to explore ruins and other secret caverns "all that dungeon crawling rpg games I've played gae me knowledge that might come in handy for places like this" he said to himself. The mix of the stone walls, columns, and plants was enough for Crozeph to nod in amazement. It's as if he is reminded that these kind of places do exist and probably remains hidden. The sound of his wooden sandals echoed as he made his way inside a hall, what ever it was it seemed like a place where banquets are held. He looked around him, there are also intricate designs on the stones inside. A nice attention to detail, Crozeph however wanted to finid something else and this room might just have what he was looking for.

A room with a door broken in half caught his attention in the corner of the room. Crozeph walked towards it, his hand on his katana and his ears alert on sounds around him. The hall was quiet yet it echoed even the drop of water from the aftermath of the rain. Crozeph pushed the remaining part of the door and looked inside, a treasure chest, he longs to find one or he'll be searching for a dungeon if he didn't find one. Light entered the room as Crozeph opened the door. It illuminated certain parts of the room and revealed broken furniture and clay pots. Crozeph stood in the center turning his head on where a treasure might be. He began his search, hoping he could find one.

• [ID: 141262]
  • LD: 14 + 3 = 17
  • treasure chest found!

Crozeph saw something on the wall, a handle in a shape of a circle. He grabbed it and pulled at the handle and revealed a chain. Crozeph pulled again, this time with greater force. The lower part of the wall collapsed and Crozeph saw a chest, it had intricate design and somehow endured the test of time by the way it looks. Crozeph grabbed the chest by its two sides and pulled it away from the wall. He had to open it to know what's inside.

Edited by Crozeph