[F2|PP]Darkness Incarnate?<Let There Be Light!> ft. Sayori

<Let There Be Light!>

Yuki found herself on Floor 2. It was about time she found these lower level quests and finished them for SP. She was still Tier 1, barely edging herself into Tier 2 with just a little more experience. Level 25 was just in her reach and nothing was going to slow down her leveling as far as she was concerned. It wouldn't be long before she reached the front lines if she kept this pace up.

The new little trinket she had made was dangling at her hip and the shield she had gotten not too long ago sat snug in her inventory. If she needed the shield, it was just a switch of equiped items and she would be ready. Even without the shield equipped, the paladin was a formidable foe that could stand down several mobs at once and destroy them all with thorns. With the addition of her cute little horn, La Black Luna she calls it, it would increase her ability to hit her targets. A well needed buff to her kit since her accuracy was insanely poor without the boost.

She wandered around the floor's safe zone, looking for any quests that would present themselves to her on a silver platter.

Using a Yui's Grace to get +1 SP at the end of the thread! 2 left.

Spoiler

General
Level: 21 | HP:  435/435 | Energy: 42/42 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 4 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 27 | ACC: 3 | Thorns: 18 

Skills
R2 OHAS, R3 Heavy Armor, Fighting Spirit, Concentration

Mods
Athletics

Equipment(In use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): 1MIT, 2 Thorns
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC 3
White Spear - Lux(OHAS): 2 Bleed, 1 Taunt

Equipment(Standby)
Ice Wall(Shield): MIT 3

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)
(2)Woodland Armor: MIT 1
(3x)Oyakodon with Miso - Overhealth 2

Edited by Zajcica

Sayori sat on the outcropping of a small rise in the mountainous terrain. It had been a few days since the faced herself, but that didn't change a thing about the pain the confrontation caused her. She had initially gone up one floor as to get away from a place that for now at least was so haunted by memories for her. Of course this was before she realised how much the wilds of this floor reminded her of the places she grew up in. Her sword lay across her lap as she had her arms resting on the flat of the blade.

Her eyes where still red, even though she hadn't cried the past day, it was simply still there from the day before. She closed her eyes for a moment, a slight smile forming on her lips as she at least had made peace with the passing of her friend and was starting let go of the endless cycle of grief and self blaming. Despite the floor evoking a strong sense of homesickness in Sayori, it helped her just sit and clear her head a good bit as well. 

Sayori took a deep breath as she pushed herself up to her feet, she looked around as she took the view in for a moment, after which she pointed her blade upwards and pressed it against her forehead as she started to hum a soft tune. The tune had a sad and mournful sound to it. After a moment of humming and thinking she was alone, Sayori started to sing softly, letting her song drift of in the wind.

Sayori's Stats

Spoiler

Level: 1
HP
: 20
En: 2
DMG: 2
Mit:  9
Acc: 0
Eva: 0

Equipment:

Spoiler
  • Kaito's Last Breath[Vanity]
  • Protector's Regalia
    -- [ Mitigation I | +9 Mitigation ]
    -- [ Regen | After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal 5 every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration. ]

-[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Starter Healing Potions (3) --- Heals 50 HP
  • ---

--------------------------------------------------------------------
[Misc]

• ---

Yuki's pleasant stroll was interrupted by yelling and pleading. A woman, probably not much older than Yuki herself, was crying to other townsfolk. Barely within earshot, Yuki listened in.

"Please, someone help. My daughter is stuck in a cave outside of town. Her and her friends wandered out too far and she was the only one who didn't make it back! She's barely nine years old and..." The woman tried to hold back breaking into a out bursting bawl. She didn't seemed like she was trying not to imagine what could happen after that 'and'.  The people around the village, even the guards seemed to either ignore her or say something along the lines of 'the guard is too busy' or 'I barely know how to use a broom, let alone a sword'. Excuses. The woman turned towards the pink paladin and she could just see that she was about to ask Yuki the same request. She could see Yuki was an experienced fighter with her giant weapon and heavy armor.

"You! Please help! My daughter is-" Yuki brought up her hand to save her the time. Her confident voice seemed to appease the woman as she spoke.

"I would be delighted to help ma'am. I heard the situation and will not hesitate to help your daughter. Do you have a specific location that I can investigate?" She asked the mother with a confident smile.

"Its a bit far from town, but not so far out of the way that it would take longer than an hour to bring her back. I will pay you anything to help her, please!" The mother continued to plea even after Yuki's bravado was shown.

"Even if it took a week's walk, I would help you. Do not worry, I will find her and bring her back. What is her name?" Yuki asked so that she could calm the girl if need be.

"Her name is Azalea. She's probably terrified being alone out there. When you find her, give her this." The woman pulled a sown teddy bear out of her sack and handed it over to the paladin. "She loves this bear, and it should be enough to calm her down and ensure her that you wont hurt her."

"Will do ma'am. I should get going then. No time to waste." Yuki stuffed the item into her inventory and made her way out of the safe zone towards the cave, walking as quickly as she could.

@Sayori

Edited by Zajcica

Sayori wasn't paying attention to her surroundings as she sang, a situation owing to the fact that she felt both safe and was lost in her own world for a moment as she sang. As she was singing she had never once shifted from how she was standing. Other then her hands gripping the hilt of the sword tighter.

Whilst the song started out sad and full of grief. As it progressed the song slowly turned more hopeful, as she sang of hope for a better future. The song came to an end just as Yuki would get within hearing range and sight of Sayori.

Still a bit lost to her own thoughts Sayori lowered her sword after her song ended and took a deep breath as she used one hand to wipe the tears from her face, which showed a mix of happiness, hope and sadness. Her expression turned callous again within a few calming deep breaths. She hoped she wasn't heard singing by the stranger she saw approaching. She turned towards the woman, holding her sword pointing down, but standing ready to spring into action if needed.

When Yuki came close enough that she could call out to her without straining her throat to much Sayori spoke up "Morning!" Her voice had a calm and friendly tone to it.

Yuki was stomping by so quickly, she almost walked by Sayori completely without noticing her. It wasn't until the woman called out to her that she realized she was passing her. Yuki stopped as she was greeted. A new face was always a welcoming sight, but did she really have time to stop and chat with people when there was a child at risk?

"O-Oi," Yuki stuttered out a greeting a bit nervously. Her Japanese accent was thick as ever in English, even her grammar was perfect. "I would enjoy to stay and chat but I'm leading an urgent task by myself that requires my immediate attention. If your not in need of immediate assist, I suggest that we hold off on greetings and meet up some place else. I have a child to save that is currently stuck in a cave, her mother is begging people on her knees to save her and I cannot ignore the request." 

Yuki tried to talk firmly, but being serious like this was never her style. Honestly, she hated it, but she needed to be sure that the girl in front of her knew what the situation was without her being rude.

@Sayori

Sayori blinked as she had to keep up with the sudden onset of words, it was a good thing that she was used to deciphering the accent from when her mother and father used to have a argument. She pressed the memories of those years away before they rose up. She shook her head a bit as she quickly made her way down the outcropping she was standing on.

Without hesitating Sayori walked up to be next to Yuki "First of you don't have to be well mannered in an emergency and I'll help you Miss." Sayori had replied in Japanese, as she recognised the accent and figured it would have been easier. Without pause she followed after Yuki "I take it you know where the cave is, or at least where we should be looking for it. So I'll follow your lead Miss." She blinked a bit as she realised she hadn't introduced herself yet and simply did that as she was walking, or as best she could do so whilst walking "I'm Sayori, pleasure to meet you, wish it could have been under nicer circumstances." She offered a friendly smile.

As she walked after Yuki she kept looking around, looking for anything that would attack them or a cave.

As much as Yuki wanted to question how she was so accepting of her formality and start to follow her. Though, the fact that she wanted to help her fulfill this quest had made a good first impression of her character to Yuki. Yuki nodded to her as she walked behind her.

"Ore wa Yuki, yoroshikune." Yuki said in her native tongue, but returned to English. She was comfortable with both languages anyway. "I do have a general location. We're not far from the cave. The girl's name that we're looking for is Azalea, she's around nine years old. I imagine we'll run into trouble inside the cave as well. Are you properly equipped for a fight? Also, what level are you?" The two pink haired women approached the cave entrance. Yuki looked inside to see nothing but pitch blackness just a few meters in. Yuki shuddered a bit at how cold the darkness seemed.

"Great..." She whispered under her breath. "A freakin' pitch black, enclosed area..." Her expression seemed that of grimace. It should have been expected that it would be as dark as possible. "Alright, get your [censored] together Yuki, no time to doubt."

@Sayori

Sayori nodded a little "I am, I can take a few hits before I need to back of.. Though the sword doesn't do a lot of damage from what I've experienced so far, I'm good to go." Sayori instinctively raised her free arm up to use as a means to deflect incoming blows with the armoured gauntlet as she held her sword at the ready as they peered into the cave. 

As she stood at the entrance peering into the pitch black darkness she grimaced a bit "Well now I'm wishing I had a torch or something on me." She took a deep breath as she willed the oppressing feeling the darkness gave aside and softly spoke  "Well time to put Uncle Juroh taught me about fighting blind to use, maybe I should have taken those lessons a bit more seriously as well." She sighed a bit as she pushed the feelings of regret on that away as that wasn't something that would help them now.

Sayori carefully and slowly stepped a bit into the cave, after which she turned to look at her companion "I'm still just level 1." She shrugged a bit "Well shall we go in then. The longer we dilly dally, the more chances for us arriving to late." Sayori turned towards the cave entrance after speaking and shouted into the cave "Azalea! If you can hear me, stay where you are, we're coming to get you out!"

@Zajcica

Edited by Sayori

Yuki quietly stepped inside. A repressed memory was starting to surface as she fell into the darkness. She needed to keep her cool so she could be reliable though, especially since this player was a low level compared to her. Even still, she felt like she was already suffocating in the hot air of the cave.

"It's probably not best to shout like that. That could alert monsters to our location, or worst-case scenario, it cause a cave in and kills all off us." The paladin warned her new friend. She didn't mean to sound so stern in that sentence, but it came off that way. It was easy to see that the darkness was unnerving the girl, even though she was doing her best to hide it.

As they moved forward into the cave, they could already hear the sobbing of a young girl echoing through the cave. Reverberating through the cave and back again. The cave was actually rather short, and the sobbing made it easy to locate Azalea. Once the two found her, the young girl huddled against the wall in fear.

"D-Don't hurt me!" She plead to the two figures she couldn't see clearly. Her crying only got louder and Yuki sucked up her own fears to help the girl. She pulled the teddy bear out from her inventory and offered it to the girl as she kneeled over, quietly shushing her.

"Hey, don't worry. We're here to help you, Azalea. Your mother wanted you to have this, so be strong, alright? We'll get you out of this scary place." Her voice, although rather shakily spoken, sounded motherly and warm. The girl wrapped the bear in her arms and stopped sobbing at this point.

"Th-Thank you.." She sheepishly responded standing up to her feet.

"My name is Yuki, and this is Sayori. We'll keep you safe, alright?"

Sayori nodded a little to the scolding, clearly not taking any offence to that "Should have thought of that."  Sayori had a very steady and careful step as she walked into the darkness of the cave, constantly feeling out of the ground she was putting her foot on was stable or not before stepping forward. With each step she kept her eyes focused on looking around the cave, trying her best to see any attackers coming now that she had given their location away.

As they came closer to Azalea she offered the girl a soft smile as she turned around to keep an eye on their rear as Yuki spoke to the young girl. "Nice to meet you Azalea, we'll get you out safely and back home with your mother." She spoke with a calm, reassuring tone of voice. Hiding her own nervousness and insecurities at that promise behind her blank expression. 

Sayori turned to look at Yuki and Azalea. "Ready to head back Yuki-san?" She turned to Azalea for a moment "If we get attacked Azalea, listen to Yuki-san her instructions ok? We'll keep you safe."

---

Azalea was still holding onto the stuffed animal Yuki had given her as she nodded a little to the things she was being told. The comforting words of Yuki and the simple calming presence of Sayori helped the young girl calm down as she looked between the two woman. Waiting for them to start walking.

@Zajcica

Yuki stood up from her position bent down and looked down at the young girl with one more thing to say to her.

"If anything scary comes, stand behind Sayori-chan, alright? She'll make sure nothing gets you." Yuki said with her soft smile. Her head turned to Sayori, making sure she got the hint to protect Azalea while they fought. Of course, Sayori will be safe behind Yuki, but the pinkette would be the one taking all the punishment while Sayori attacked from the side. If the girl stood too close, she would be in danger of getting caught in the cross fire.

They made it halfway through the cave, the only sounds were wind and the constant sniffling coming from the nine year old. That was, until the bats appeared from the darkness. They were giant. Yuki readied her lance. It was too easy if something didn't attack them, hunh?

The lance she wielded lit up the cave with a pink glow as the girl slashed through the air to destroy the bats. Unfortunately, she missed easily, even with the buffs from her new little trinket. The bats were just at bad at attacking  as she was, missing every attack on her.

Azalea stood behind Sayori, doing her best to not scream. She was terrified, but she felt safe with the two women protecting her from the monsters.

@Sayori

image.thumb.png.31170e1c42abfe770343652b9aa70815.png

Yuki: 435/435 38/42 -4 Hate: 1
Sayori: 20/20 | 2/2 | Hate: 0

Notes:
Giant Bat: 
50 HP

Damage per Attack: 20

All combatants suffer from -1 ACC.

Edited by Zajcica

As the bats came swooping down out of the darkness Sayori used her free hand to gently push Azalea behind her "Stay behind me and keep your head down." Sayori still sounded calm, but now more authoritative then kind. She turned her attention forward completely towards the bats once she was happy that Azalea was out of harms way. She waited till she thought she saw an opening and came surging past Yuki striking up at one of the two Giant Bats, aiming to where she believed one of them was, but the strike went wide gliding harmlessly through the air. Sayori growled a bit as the strike missed, though it wasn't easy to say whether that was aimed at the Giant Bat she just missed or herself.

Azalea let out a shrill cry as the giants bats swooped down and froze in place for a moment as panic gripped her. The panic was dispelled as she pushed aside and Sayori's voice cut through it with a clear instruction. The little girl took a few steps back and knelt against the side of the cavern wall, pressing herself a bit against as to make her self a bit smaller and less interesting to the bats. Despite being scared she couldn't help but to just keep looking at the two woman as they fought the Giant Bats. 

--

Sayori: 20/20 | 2/2  | Hate: 0

Dice Results

140681 3 9 15 2 Sayori Msg_hover2.png Attack Giant Bat 1

2020-04-11 11:46:28

Edited by Sayori

Yuki stumbled around in the darkness, squinting just to see the form of her enemies floating not far from her face. The bat's came in first, before Yuki could react. The first one bit her shoulder insanely hard, but the girl didn't even wince. The harsh critical attack was completely negated by her armor bonus. The second one caught her as well, but it was damaged by her thorns.

When Azalea stepped to the side, one of the bats took an interest to her and started to speed it's way towards the nine year old. The girl screamed in terror as the bat approached her, ready to eat her alive. She closed her eyes and flinched in fear, falling on to her back. Shortly after that ear piercing scream, was an insanely loud slam. Yuki's pink lance was smashed into wall with the bat in between. The creature twitched once before falling limp and exploding into blue polygons. Yuki growled at the other bat and slashed it across it's wing. Somehow it kept it's ability to fly, even with a cut wing.

"Oi! I'm you're opponent! Don't even think about taking your eyes off me!" The walls started to shake and rumble slightly. A few pebbles fell from the ceiling. Time to act fast before her actions to safe the girl meant they all would be buried in rubble.

image.thumb.png.b1b2ab5d16ac8773aabb25193daba4e3.png

Yuki: 433/435 -2 | 32/42 -6 Hate: 4 | 5
Sayori: 20/20 | 2/2 | Hate: 0

Bat 1: 34/50 -4x4=16 DMG
Bat 2: 0/50 -6x4=24 damage, -18 thorns, -12 Bleed = 54 DMG!!

Notes:
BatDamage 20

image.png

Edited by Zajcica

Sayori was getting ready to turn on her heels to throw herself between Azalea and the bat who went for the girl. But as the bat got skewered before he could get anywhere Sayori instead turned her attention towards the other remaining Bat. And again due to not being to see where it was, the strike went wide and this was once again followed by a annoyed growl out of Sayori.

Despite missing her attack Sayori moved herself between the Giant Bat and Azalea again, making sure the Giant Bat had to go through both herself and Yuki in front of her to get to Azalea. Whilst she kept her eyes on the Giant Bat, Sayori spoke up "You ok back there Azalea?" Despite knowing that death could result in her own as well, Sayori was determined to keep the girl safe as she promised she would.

Azalea nodded a little as she was to scared to make any sound, lest she attracted the attention of the one remaining bat. As a means of calming herself a little she tightened her grip on the stuffed animal Yuki had given her.
__

@Zajcica

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
140714 4 5 6 10 Sayori Msg_hover2.png Attack Giant Bat 2020-04-11 15:48:25
Edited by Sayori

Yuki took the lead. Rocks began caving in from the ceiling, signalling the beginning of a collapse. She needed to end this quick and get both Sayori and Azalea out of here. The Lance Lux glowed pink with it's beautiful hue. The weapon slashed through the bat's skin sending it down to the ground where it exploded back into data. But her job wasn't done yet. She quickly holstered her weapon and scooped up the nine year old girl in her arms who was beginning to cry now as the ceiling was about to start collapsing. 

"Run! Hurry before we're buried!" Yuki made a break for it just at the heels of her battle companion. Good think she had taken extra PE classes in school, although it probably didn't matter as much with a digital body that doesn't really feel the fatigue. At this pace they could reach the exit in just a few seconds. The rocks began to fall fast and in bigger chunks as they got closer to the light of the exit. Sayori made it out without a scratch, Yuki just a few feet behind wasn't as lucky. Upon exiting the cavern,  she reached the girl out in front of her to avoid being crushed by the heavy rocks. Azalea rolled into the grass a Yuki's right leg was flattened by the boulders. Even with the pain dampener should couldn't resist the pained groan that escaped her mouth.

"Aah! Itaaaau!!!! Ita-ta..." Her voice yelled out as she tried to tug herself free of the boulders to no avail.

image.thumb.png.dc79a22bd94ed49a6f6584ef38f3c581.png

Yuki: 433/435 -2 | 28/42 -4 Hate: 4 | 5

Bat 1: 0/50 -6x4=24, 12 Bleed = 36 DMG!!

Notes:
BatDamage 20

Edited by Zajcica

Sayori started running the moment Yuki told them to run as she noticed Yuki had picked Azalea up. As they where running out of the collapsing cave Sayori narrowly shot under the larger pieces of rubble as it came collapsing down. There was a constant pinging of smaller rocks clattering against metal. As she came shooting out of the cave entrance she threw herself onto the ground.

As the rubble settled and the dust cloud parted Sayori sat up and looked around, she first spotted Azalea who seemed to be ok if only a bit stunned. She looked around for Yuki, the moment she heard the woman yell out she turned into the direction and got up as she walked over to Yuki "Stop pulling on your leg, that's only going to make it worse." Sayori sighed a little as she studied the rubble for a moment. "Azalea-san stay put for a moment, I need to help Yuki-san out of here first before we can get you back to your mother." Without waiting for a reply of the girl Sayori started to remove some of the rubble keeping Yuki's leg pinned, stopping every other moment to try and just lift the rock that had her leg trapped enough for her to get out.

Once she got the weight she needed to lift to a point she could lift it up, if only for a short moment she turned to Azalea "Well I can get the rock up now, but you need to help Yuki get her leg free and since you are easily one of the bravest kids I've met, I'm sure you'll manage." Her tone was calm, friendly and encouraging as she spoke to Azalea. She then turned to Yuki as she readied herself to lift the rubble up and spoke with a slightly harsher tone "Ready to pull yourself free Yuki-san?" She waited till Yuki said she was ready at which point she lifted the rocks up so Yuki's leg could be pulled free.

After Yuki was freed Sayori placed herself between her wounded companion and the cave entrance as the rubble shifted and settled again. Once she didn't hear any sound behind her anymore she sank through her knees and let out a deep breath and looked up at Yuki, specifically her injured leg "So got anything to heal it with on you? Or am I going to be escorting you and Azalea into town now?"

Once the rubble was removed from her leg, the pain started to lift off her nerves. Though, even if her body was digital, she could feel that her leg was barely usable. She could stand, putting most of the weight on to her good foot, but attempting to walk nearly made her collapse. 

"I-I still have one leg. I'm alright. The game will heal my wound naturally and rather quickly if we reach the safe zone. I will be walking fine in just a few hours. Yuki looked down at Azalea. "Thank you for helping me! I'm sorry I threw you like that."

"It's okay!" The young girl exclaimed happily. "You guys are super cool! I hope I can be as brave as you guys when I grow up!" Yuki smiled to that and offered the girl a lift. She could tell Azalea was worn out and beat from that tumble she just took, so it would be her job to carry her, even if it felt like a railroad spike was nailed into her foot.

"Let's get us all to a safe zone. I need to rest and so does Azalea." The girl was perched on Yuki's back getting a piggie-back ride from the injured tank.

Sayori shook her head a little and went to walk next to Yuki, offering the woman some support on her as they walked "You really one stubborn woman aren't you Yuki-san? Despite having your leg messed up, you still insist on carrying Azalea. That said you fought really well Yuki-san." She offered a slight smirk as her voice was free of any judgement, as she fully realised she would have done the same had it been her with the damaged leg. 

Whether or not Yuki took up Sayori's offer to support her, Sayori kept looking around keeping her eyes open for anything else that would attack them. "If we get attacked again, I'll try and hold em of. You just get yourself to safety Yuki-san and take Azalea with you." Sayori spoke with a soft and serious tone of voice, hoping Azalea didn't hear it. After that she turned to Azalea "I'm sure you will kid, just stay safe so you can grow up." She offered Azalea a soft reassuring smile "Just a bit of walking left and we'll have you back home Azalea and then you can tell your friends about how brave you where when those Bats attacked us and if they don't believe you, you can always ask me to come back you up on that." Sayori smiled softly as she spoke with the child. Despite knowing she was just a program, she couldn't help but to act a bit like a big sister to Azalea.

Yuki limped her way across the trail, the group passed where Yuki and Sayori first met. Yuki's leg was still in a state of barely being usable, but the pain was gone entirely for the most part. This digital body almost made her feel super human because of that. That didn't mean she was invincible though. The pinkette leaned on her new friend to help her walk.

"You did great for someone with almost zero experience. Good job keeping your cool Sayori. I would be honored to fight by your side again if you would have me." Yuki said with a smile. She adjusted the young girl on her back to carry her easier.

The safe zone came into view from their position when they came out of the forest. Yuki let out a relieved sigh as she saw it. "Alright, we're here. I'm sure your mother is ready to see you safe. Besides the few scratches on your legs, you'll be fine." She said to Azalea.

"Don't worry, I'm tougher than I look!" Azalea said with some new found confidence. Yuki smiled, it reminded her of herself when she was a young boy.

Edited by Zajcica

Sayori smiled as she walked with Yuki. As they past where they initially met each other she glanced up at the outcropping she had been sitting for most of the morning and closed her eyes for a moment as she recalled the song she was singing in her head. After that brief moment she walked on again and kept her eyes on the road ahead as she spoke with Yuki.

"I wouldn't say I'm completely without experience when it comes to using a sword, though I must admit I haven't been up to much the past two years I've been in Aincrad." She sighed a little as she felt a slight tang of guilt about having been sitting around whilst others had been risking their lives to get everyone freed from this game. She took a deep breath as she pushed the feelings of guilt away again "And I would be happy to fight with you Yuki-san, you seem like you a kind and fun person to be around and I could do with new friends." 

Sayori laughed a little at Azalea's remark and nodded in response "You really are one tough little girl, just know when you need to avoid getting into a fight though." She leaned closer to Azalea as they walked "Trust me on that, sometimes you'll come into a fight with someone or something you can't win, no matter how hard you try." She offered the girl a friendly smile as she recalled the many heated arguments she had with her father, one of the few people she knew who she dared to call more bullheaded then herself.

@Zajcica