[PP-F1] The First Few Lessons are Free "Protege"

Stats:

Spoiler

LVL: 13

HP260 | EN: 26 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 31 ACC: 0 |  EVA: 0 

+12 Bleed Damage (On a successful Critical attack with a Natural BD of 9 or 10, inflict Bleed on the target for 2 turns.)

+18 Thorns (When hit by a Non-Critical attack, deal unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy.)

+1 First Aid (Heal 4% of a target party member’s maximum HP (rounded down). Cannot target the user.)

MODIFIED STATS

HP: 0 | EN : 0 | DMG : 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | SR: +0

BUFFS

Unused

Unused

Unused

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Weapon: Hauteclare [+2 Damage | +12 Bleed]

Armor: Mercy [+9 Mitigation]

Shield: Iote's Shield [+9 Mitigation | +18 Thorns]

BATTLE READY ITEMS

x1 The Matriarch's Stinger - [This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.]

x0

x0

x0

x0

SKILLS & MODS

1. Block [Rank 1]

2. First Aid [Rank 1]

1. One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 2]

2. Heavy Armor [Rank 1]

Survival

There weren't many things Galilea were fond of. The undertaking of minute tasks being one of them. These 'beginner' quests she had begun to clear were like many other MMO's of the past and she could whole-heartedly say she still hated them even now. They were the fastest way to gain experience and she had a lot of ground to make up if she was still intent on reaching her goals. A fundamental change had happened in her time here. Things she didn't expect and ideals she initially didn't believe in. But change is a profound thing and she had changed a lot since her earlier days. She needed to attain a ranking higher than her current one and to do that she would need money and skill points. She could obtain them both rather easily, but it made it more interesting to be 'carried'. Hence why an old friend of hers would be accompanying her on her quests. She needed to power level through these before she met the level requirement and would become ineligible for the rewards.

Edited by Galilea

Stats:

Spoiler

LVL: 68

HP: 1,390 | EN: 136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | LD: +3

+1 Absolute Accuracy (Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to trigger a critical hit.)

+1 Paralyze (On a successful attack with a Natural BD of 9-10, Paralyze the target for 1 turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.)

+3 Prosperity (Gain +3 to the default multiplier (HP*3) when receiving col from killing an enemy.)

MODIFIED STATS

HP: 0 | EN : 0 | DMG : 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | SR: +0

BUFFS

Rested (-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.)

Clean (The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% rounded down.)

Unused

Unused

Unused

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Weapon: Lightning Strike [+3 Damage | +1 Paralyze |  +1 Absolute Accuracy]

Accessory: Ring of Mammon [+3 Prosperity]

Accessory: Gate of Babylon [+3 Loot Die]

BATTLE READY ITEMS

x2 Safeguard Potion - [The next successful hit to your player will do no damage.]

x1 Banner of Support [Heals up to 4 players for 20 HP. 3 Charges Left.]

x1 Major Damage Potion II (Perfect Tier 2 Potion) - [Adds +6 damage. Lasts for one thread.]

x1 Major Armor Crystal II (Perfect Tier 2 Crystal) - [Adds +54 mitigation. Lasts for one thread.]

SKILLS & MODS

1. Hiding [Rank 5]: Vanish [Mod] | Surprise Attack "Trickster" [Mod]

2. Quick Change

3. Charge [Rank 5]

4. Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]: Precision [Mod] | Ferocity [Mod]

Martial Arts [Unlocked][Inactive]

5. Light Armor [Rank 5]: Athletics [Mod]

Concentration

Familiar Master: Fighter [Rank 3]

Meditation [Unlocked][Inactive]

Survival

"How do I end up owing favors to so many people?"

The brunette rustled his own hair. Running his fingers through them as he awaited the woman that had messaged him the day prior. She had mentioned undertaking some rather simple quests but if he knew anything about beginner quests, he knew they were in fact simple. However, they were also very tedious meaning he might be waiting a while before he may even see her. Perching himself beneath the shade of one of Aincrad's finest floor one tower of leaves, he rested in his mind and closed his eyes.

"Remember why you are doing this. You have an image to change. She could also prove to be a powerful ally if she's trained up properly. Perhaps this could be mutually beneficial to them both if he played his cards right." Expelling a sigh, he let his eyes wander the fields. Perhaps he could start gathering some materials in advance, or maybe seek out some monsters’ worthy of looting since he needed to refill his pockets anyway.

Clearing her thoughts, Galilea gathered herself and pushed open the wooden door before her. She hoped this was the right room as the door snapped off the cobbled walls and swung shut behind her. Annoyed, she scanned the room. The counter was devoid of anyone, but the smell of brewed potions lingered in the air. Inspecting the rest of the shop, she fixed her sights on one of many concoctions lining the shelves. The flicker of movement reflected in one of the glass vials, causing her to turn around with Hauteclare drawn. The tip of the blade poking into the throat of a rather un-alarmed older guy.

"Erm, you mind putting that away missy? I imagine you saw my help wanted sign. I didn't plan to post my death wanted sign for another few months," he joked.

"Very funny," she retorted. Sheathing her blade, she folded her arms over and clarified the details of his request. "You need five materials correct, then you'll need help crafting a potion and from there I'll need to deliver to a black smith correct?"

"That would be correct."

"Then it is settled. I'll be back." Turning on her heel, Galilea exited the shop. The door slamming only slightly less upon her exit.

Spoiler

ID: 144454

LD:  15 (1 Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials: 1

Edited by Galilea

"I'm guessing she's going to be a while."

Pushing up from the ground. Oikawa knew just where he could find what he needed. The West Fields were home to special monsters. Ones that scaled to the highest player in the vicinity. Though he had little need for the materials of this tier, the Col alone would suffice.

Grass softly crunched beneath his feet. Beady red eyes pierced him from a distance. The snarling fangs of a Dire wolf snapped at his direction clearly targeting Oikawa. Happy to oblige, the brunette summoned his spear. Aiming it at the wolf, he dashed forward. The edge of his spear clashing with slobbering maw of the wolf. Rebounding, Oikawa spun his spear before planting it in the dirt. He then interlocked his fingers and stretched his arms forward. Not long after a few squats followed. Rotating his arms a few times forward, then back, he clutched his weapon and prepared to strike again.

"Now I'm warmed up."

Spoiler

ID: 143844

BD: 4 (2+2) [Miss] [Rested 1/2]

MD: 5 [Miss]

Oikawa: 1,390/1,390 | EN: 135/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | LD: +3 (-1 EN)

Dire Wolf: 680/680 | DMG: 204 VOIDED

Loot:

Spoiler

Empty

Edited by Oikawa

Quickened steps rapped against the cobbled streets of the Town of Beginnings. The hustle and bustle of the starting city seemed no less busy than her first day. The crowded area was perfect for blending in and moving about with low visibility. She was more aware of these situations ever since that day. Her eyes searched the windows and ledges of most of the overlooking buildings. There wasn't a soul in sight or so she hoped. But she knew better. They were always watching, even if they weren't visible.

"Hmph...well continue to watch me then. I'll prove my worth soon enough," she thought.

The fields were just as she left them. Lush and full of happiness. She hated it simply put. The players that still dwelled here of their own volition understood little of what the upper floors had in store. They didn't know fear, and she wondered if they ever would. While it wasn't her place to instill it, it would be soon. A wicked grin crossed her features as she scoured the land before her.

"Terror and control. The only way to progress is with fear. They don't understand that now. But they will."

Spoiler

ID: 143854

LD:  7 (No Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Edited by Galilea

Again, they clashed. Fang and blade. Unable to break through this loop of events, Oikawa distanced himself. This was very uncharacteristic of the brunette.

"I seem to be losing my touch."

The wolf barked and snarled. It's tail on full alert as it prowled back and forth, angling for its next attack. Oikawa didn't feel threatened by the creature in the slightest. Though his inability to hit the damned thing head on was cause for worry. Suddenly it clicked. He realized he was no longer wearing the Gate of Babylon. The small trinket serving as a catalyst to his ability to be on target without expending his skills like Concentration. Shaking his head, he turned back to the wolf. A smirk revealing itself as he rocketed forward.

"I need to be a little more reckless and aggressive. With my aim off, my attacks should be in quantity not quality. Now stop moving so I can pierce you."

Spoiler

ID: 143855

BD: 4 (3+2) [Miss] [Rested 2/2]

MD: 2 [Miss]

Oikawa: 1,390/1,390 | EN: 134/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | LD: +3 (-1 EN)

Dire Wolf: 680/680 | DMG: 204 VOIDED

Loot:

Spoiler

Empty

Edited by Oikawa

Something was amiss. The amethyst-haired woman never had this much trouble locating materials before. She was off her game and she didn't like it. She didn’t think a simple material quest could be this tedious. Then again, that’s precisely why this quest was tedious. It was simple.

"Maybe I should go and find him instead. Especially considering he wasn't waiting beneath the tree like he said he would. Tch. Is he late or did he just not bother?"

She sighed. Surely, she could rely on a frontliner. She was playing damsel in distress and she was a female. Higher leveled guys ate that up she thought. Perhaps her charm needed more work. Especially if she planned to keep this charade up. Slapping her cheeks, she mustered a smile and set out for the brunette. She hoped he had even shown up. Otherwise her time would be wasted on him and not the materials she was supposed to be gathering.

Spoiler

ID: 143857

LD:  2 (No Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Edited by Galilea

And relentless he was. Quickened thrusts widened the gap between the man and the wolf. Managing to leap over many of the attacks, the Dire Wolf quickly lunged at the brunette. His bite came swiftly as he caught the shoulder of Oikawa before being railed by a few rapid machine-gun blows to the torso. Sending the creature sprawling back into the grass. Clutching his shoulder, Oikawa assessed the damage. There wasn't much but the lingering effect told him that he just experienced a critical blow from the wolf.

Dusting the vanity cloak, he wore, Oikawa eyed the wolf. There damage was rather on par with each other, but it was clear that even if he traded blows with the wolf, he would ultimately become the victor. Glancing at the mutt, Oikawa began to boast.

"The numbers aren't in your favor little wolf. May your death bring peace to these floors."

Spoiler

ID: 143858

BD: 8 (6+2) [19 + 5 = 24 x 15 = 360]

MD: 10 [Critical]

Oikawa: 1,184/1,390 | EN: 117/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | LD: +3 (-17 EN)(-206 HP)

Dire Wolf: 320/680 | DMG: 204 (-360 HP) VOIDED

Loot:

Spoiler

Empty

Edited by Oikawa

Fruitless. Her search was fruitless. "I can't believe I'm actually going to need his help for this. Simple. This quest was far too simple and I'm struggling on one of the most beginner-like quests there is." Angered was an understatement. Galilea hated the feeling of not being able to complete stuff on her own. It was bad enough she was looked down on for her level and gender, but to top it off, she was genuinely having an issue with this quest.

But she needed to move on. She needed to find Oikawa. If she had to guess, if he was bored enough that is, he would be near the West Field. If she recalled correctly, monsters spawned adjusted to the highest player in the vicinity. "Surely he'd be there right?" Leaving the question unanswered, she made her way to the West Field. The trek wouldn't take long and it would make sense for him to have traveled there if he expected a longer wait.

Spoiler

ID: 144067

LD:  14 (1 Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials: 2

Edited by Galilea

"I have lost my touch," he thought as they traded blows again. His shoulder once again the target of the wolf's rather annoying bite. The back of his spear battered the wolf before piercing it and pushing the creature back. The wolf yelped as it was sent back. Scrambling to its feet before snapping at him again. Judging from the creature's bar, Oikawa was sure his next attack would end it, but the fact that the fight had even gone this long was what annoyed him.

Steps echoed in the background. His head whipped to see if, yet another wolf had decided to join them. In a way he was right. Although this wolf was a woman whose fangs were just as sharp. Shifting his focus back to the wolf, Oikawa asked allowed. "You finished gathering the materials already Gally? Hmm, I thought I had more time. Just a moment." Twirling his spear, he activated Concentration and rocketed forward once more.

Spoiler

ID: 144068

BD: 7 (5+2) [19 x 15 = 360] [Concentration Activated]

MD: 10 [Critical]

Oikawa: 978/1,390 | EN: 117/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | LD: +3 (-17 EN)(-206 HP)

Dire Wolf: 35/680 | DMG: 204 (-285 HP) VOIDED

Loot:

Spoiler

Empty

Edited by Oikawa

Things could've been worse. She could've been by herself and at their mercy, but instead she was aimlessly wandering into the fields in search of the brunette that should have been helping her thirty minutes ago. She had half a mind to tell him off, but something told her the lack of communication on her part would end up surfacing. And she hated when he was right. Absentmindedly, she stumbled across a sparkling item. "A..material," the enthusiasm less noticeable in her voice. All this time she had been searching and she wasn't even excited to find it. She still had four to go anyhow, so it was no time to celebrate.

Picking it up, the sounds of combat drew her attention. Her head swiveled left to the source of the commotion. She stared in awe. A sight she hadn't seen in a while. A frontliner in combat that is. Though judging from the red gash over his shoulder she wasn't close enough to see their remaining health to tell who's winning.

As she approached, he called out to her.

"You finished gathering the materials already Gally? Hmm, I thought I had more time. Just a moment."

Her index fingers touched pointedly, her eyes affixed to the ground. "Not yet. I'm having trouble and need your help." She still hated asking for help. No matter whom it was.

Spoiler

ID: 144075

LD:  17 (1 Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials: 3

Edited by Galilea

Polygons shattered as the wolf dissolved into nothingness. His blade had pierced the creature with minimal effort for once. Dissolving his blade, he accepted his loot material before turning back to face Galilea. Wearing a grin, he gifted her the two materials he had just received from the wolf. "How's that for help. How many more do you need?" The fact that she hated gifts and asking for help made this all the more pleasurable for the brunette.

Glancing around, he figured they should head back closer to the town before another Wolf spawned. Gesturing back to the town, Oikawa questioned what she had been up to since their last encounter. "It's been a while Gally. How have you been holding up in my absence? Finally decided to get serious about catching up to me?" He asked teasingly. When they last conversed, she had made mention she was intent on passing him but seeing her level only budging a few notches, he was sure she had just decided to sit back.

"I guess I was wrong."

Spoiler

ID: 144087

BD: 12 (9+2+1) [19 + 1 = 20 x 2 = 40] [Critical]

ID: 144088 

CD: 7 [+2 Tier 1 Materials]

LD: 11 (8+3) [+1,360 Col | Rare Tier 1 Weapon #144088a | Uncommon Tier 1 Consumable #144088b]

Oikawa: 978/1,390 | EN: 117/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | LD: +3 (-17 EN)(-206 HP)

Dire Wolf: 0/680 | DMG: 204 (-40 HP) [+4,080 Col] VOIDED

Loot:

Spoiler

Col: 5,440

Tier 1 Materials: 0 (2 Given to Galilea)

Other: Rare Tier 1 Weapon #144088a | Uncommon Tier 1 Consumable #144088b VOIDED

Edited by Oikawa

Her eyebrow began to twitch as she accepted the materials. "Of course, he would receive two materials from the damned wolf," she grumbled internally. "It’s very helpful," she retorted. The sarcasm biting through her words. "I only need two more now and then we have to go make the stupid potion. Well at least I have too anyway."

Emerald eyes scanned the fields as she followed behind Oikawa. Once again, she was having time finding the materials.  She began to wonder if drop rates were reduced for quests like this. It would make sense given how long they took, but still a little overboard she imagined. Ignoring Oikawa's self-indulgence, she responded. "I've been as fine as I can be. I have more of a reason to lend my talents to the frontline now I suppose." She couldn't tell him why she was suddenly interested in rejoining but needed a blanket lie for the time being to give him.

"I want to see my family again."

Spoiler

ID: 144089

LD:  17 (1 Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials: 4

Edited by Galilea

"I see" mused the brunette. Worry settling into his features as it often did for people with motives like most. He felt bad for her. Like many others he started off with the same resolve but internally he came to terms with knowing that nothing would be the same when they got back to the real world. IF they got back to the real world.

He sighed. "I want you to make it back to your family as well." If he was being honest, he wanted more than anything to help everyone get out of this place. Jacob's Ladder would serve as a catalyst towards this ideal and he wondered if he should mention it to her. Deciding now wasn't the best time, he continued to help her search for materials.

"You should consider finding players to party with and gaining levels that way to reach your goal. I have something coming into play soon that can help with that but for the time being that's what I'd recommend."

"You just told yourself now wasn't the time...baka."

Spoiler

ID: 144223

LD:  12 (9+3)(No Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials: 0 (2 Given to Galilea)

Edited by Oikawa

His words weren't deep or even overtly inspiring. They fell on deaf ears though he would never know that. Instead she nodded. Affirming his comments, she stopped momentarily. "You're right. That is partially why I asked you here though. I want that guidance. I want to make it to the frontlines and do my part." Her gaze swept the ground. The glinting light of a material caught her eye. Kneeling down, she collected the root and added it to her inventory.

"Well that makes five. We can head back so i can make this potion." If he was leading before, he now trailed behind her as her pace increased.  Calling over her shoulder, she slowed as they neared the gate back to the town. "I will search for players closer to me in level however. I don't want to drag you down Oikawa." Giving him a firm nod, she headed back into the Town of beginnings and met with Zackariah.

"Back so soon eh? Ready to make that potion?"

Spoiler

ID: 144226

LD:  20 (1 Material(s) Found)

Loot:

Spoiler

Tier 1 Materials: 5

Edited by Galilea

"Damn it," he thought.

He managed to make matters worse. What was supposed to be an invitation ended up driving a wedge and giving her the impression that she was burdening him. Which wasn't the case. As she collected the last material she needed, she begins to speed off towards the town. Attempting to keep up, he searched for a way to redeem himself from this situation he found himself in. "Galilea, that's not what I meant. I... I will take you under my wing if you so choose. I want to see you succeed. Truly. You can find your group if you want, I will be here as your mentor and guide regardless."

She met his gaze and gave him a nod before bouncing off back to the potion maker. He sighed. What had he gotten himself into? Now he was responsible for what he said and furthermore her well-being in a sense. Though this was exactly what he needed. Atonement. Through her reaching her goals, he'd attain his.

"I'll make good on this Zel. I promise."

Loot:

Spoiler

Edited by Oikawa

Craft:

Spoiler

ID: 144231

CD:  2 (No Quality)

ID: 144232

CD:  6 (Good Quality)

His words had caught her off guard, but she chose to accept his offer even if she didn't admit it verbally. Instead she focused on Zackariah's words instead. 

"Here, mix these two together. When it's blended just right, the liquid will smoke then turn green." She nodded. Pasting the leaves into powder and pouring it into the purple mixture, the potion exploded in a small plume of red smoke.

"That's not quite it. Use less root and more newt." She shot him a side glance at the intentional use of rhyme scheme but followed his directions once more. This time the concoction turned green and he applauded her. "That's more like it. Now could you bee so kind to deliver this to Lyle? He'll have your rewards once delivered."

"Fine." Tedious work always annoyed her, but the quest was at last coming to a close. Exiting the shop, she headed to meet with Lyle Tealeaf.

Edited by Galilea

Oikawa had half a mind to message Calrex, Shield, Baldur and Mari. He potentially had a recruit for Jacob's Ladder. But as the old saying goes, he didn't want to count his chickens before they hatched. He only knew Galilea briefly but before adding her to the guild, he wanted to make sure she was going to stick around. Which was rich coming from himself. He chuckled. Who was he to judge anyone and or be a judge of their intentions. He was in no position for that kind of stance. Shaking his head, he ran fingers through his hair. Something he had been doing more and more as of late and thought about what to do next.

"I suppose I should figure out what's next on her list of things to complete quest wise. Right now, quests serve as the quickest way to gain skill points and for her to catch up, she'll need to take advantage of all of these quests while she can. I'll see what she thinks when she comes back."

Loot:

Spoiler

Edited by Oikawa

Her hand rapped the door of the smith's workshop. "It's open!" shouted a voice from inside. Pushing through the wooden door. Galilea glanced about the room. The shop was fairly sized. Not the biggest she had seen, but not the smallest either. Her gaze fell upon the smith hammering away at what appeared to be a sword. Holding the potion up, Galilea motioned to Lyle.

"Zackariah told me to bring this to you."

"Ahh yes, the potion I requested. Did he have you make this?" responded the smith as he wiped his brow and removed his gloves. Nodding, she handed the potion over to him. Accepting the gift, Lyle drafted a completion menu and sent the rewards over to Galilea. "Hopefully this will suffice your troubles. Thank you."

Clicking accept, Galilea bowed. "No worries. I'll be on my way then."

"Just a moment I have another task for you if you'd like?"

Stopping, she heard him out before returning to Oikawa.

His head swiveled around as footsteps approached him from behind. "I'm guessing you finished up with the quest then. What's next for you?" the look on her face informed him that there was more to be done, which was expected to say the least. Her resolve seemed more real all sudden. The determination in her eyes showing through. "I know your serious so my offer will stand as I am serious too." Looking away he thought about what he had said earlier and shifted his focus back to her. "Have you thought about what I said? The guild will be Jacob's Ladder and we would be thrilled to have you." A half grin found its way to his face. Looking at the time, he slapped his face.

"That being said, I have to go. Forgot I was meeting with a friend here in a bit and I must traverse the long way to get there. So, for now, think on it. Let me know what you end up deciding however." With that, he turned to leave.

Loot:

Spoiler

Edited by Oikawa