[F21-PP] Lone Wolf Asking for Help {Nature's Treasure} [Quest]

Sam wakes early and spends a small-time searching around the beginning city for her friends. Doing this every day since they all first got here, well Sam has made a habit of doing this. Figuring that one day she would find them if she spent a portion of each day in this hell looking for the only people that she really cared about hoping that this hell of reality didn't swallow them alive before they could really swim without her. After a couple of hours in the early morning breeze, Sam decides to call it an uneventful search yet again and heads to the quest board to see what she could get away with doing. With the understanding that she is weak right now, Sam's eyes are set on gathering for now so she accepts the Nature's Treasure quest. 

While walking away from the quest board, Sam realized again that she still had not a clue to what was really out there. With her being a very low level still, Sam thinks carefully about her next actions before diving right in. Sam swiftly opens her HUD and scan through the recent quests, as her eyes set on one name. Sending a message to Raidou figuring that he would be the safer bet to protect her if this situation went south. The message Sam sent: "Hey this is Sam. Still not able to find my friends so I was wondering if you would assist me in this Nature's Treasure quest since I am really not able to do anything else right now" and with a press of the send button, Sam walks to the fountain, sitting at the edge, staring toward the floor 1 exit into the field while she waits for a response from the one who helped her before.     

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 1

HP: 20/20

EN: 2/2

Weapon: 

Armor: 

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 1

Evasion: 0

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Edited by Sam

Preparing the guild hall for an inevitable visit that had yet to happen, a shift of papers around to get them into a more manageable pile. Retrieving a dish from its surface and taking it to where it would be cleaned a flash of notification rips in a soft ring that is amplified in the quiet interior. Placing the platter down into the water and sliding his HUD open it reads back from a unexpected source.

To it a response:

Floor 21, Tolbana Village. I'll be there but do not take too long I have matters to attend.

A slightly bold and rapidly typed response with burning fingers upon a digital keyboard begins and ends in seconds. To it a chime as its sent, grabbing his robe he knew that he had time to spare and the girl could use the direction, Eruda would come in time, and to that end, the business would continue as usual until then. Removing the robe from the back of his chair with a flourish and rip to his frame Raidou finds his way out and to the designated location.

Consumed +2 Loot Dice (Food)

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 37

HP: 740/740

En: 74/74

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Onyx Spectacles [Trinket] (T1/Perfect): +3 Loot Dice

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion*4

Teleport Crystal*1

Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Being so early there was nothing and no one around yet. Sam closes her eyes and tilts her head back to breathe in the cool air. A chime to her HUB brings her back and with a quick hand across the menus she read back an answer. With a nod of confirmation, Sam hops to her feet and steps to the wrapping pad nearby. Calling out (Floor 21) her body is depleted into data as it was over the minute it started, Sam's feet land to solid ground. Shifting her eyes around for a moment to get a lay of the land, Sam's eyes come across Raidou who seemed to be moving swiftly toward the exit of this town. "Thank god, someone who finally is the same pace as I am," Sam says as she moves fast across the grounds of the unknown town, which she would inspect at a later date. Without a word, Sam walks at a few feets length behind Raidou wonder just how far out they were going.    

Sliding into the nook to which he frequented as a valuable source as usual, the hidden grotto littered with a bulk of resources that seemed to regrow no matter how hard he removed materials from it. On his tail, Raidou took note of the girl behind him, who was making no effort to hide and his keen sight allowed her no ability to avoid him taking notice. If she was looking to improve it was the simplest things that would beckon such a change, an insight he was all too familiar. If she needed an explanation he would give it, but until then she could just follow action instead.

Taking a deep breath as he passed into the yellow fog and bringing his robe to his mouth, Raidou falls into the slit between the wall and the floor and upon entry removes the tapestry and starts the standard procedure. Creating a bright red square in the center for everything to be placed upon Raidou kneels down over a sea of gold leaves and begins to brush their tips.

ID# 144010 results: Craft: 8, Loot: 16+[5/3/2]=26, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 4

Edited by Raidou

As Sam keeps pace with Raidou, a yellow fog fills the air she breathes. Sam covers her face with her had as to not inhale what could be dangerous. Following the red cloak through the mist around her, Raidou disappears. With no hesitation, Sam starts to run toward the mysterious vanishing place. Seeing a small break between the walls of what now looks like a cavern area from her previous gaming experiences, Sam hops and glides in. Seeing Raidou to his knees on his robe, Sam walks around him and watches as he was quickly gathering Gold plant fibers across the ground in front of him. Hmm, Sam thinks as she was learning how he determined the good quality vs the bad. Without saying a word to Raidou, Sam looks around for her own to gather.

With little to no effort, Sam finds a yellow patch of her own. Crouching down she mimics what Raidou does to show what could be collected. With tiny sparkles washing over the herbs she gently picks the ones of value and gets to her feet to search for another.    

ID# 144014 results: Loot: 18+3=21

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 2

Edited by Sam

A silent unspoken waltz as the two seemed to produce the very same rhythm in a quiet understanding between them, the sounds of breaking roots being the only sound that seemed to bleed about the area as a small sum began to build upon his robe. A fitting serenity Raidou had no qualms with sharing this place with the girl, and it would serve of use to her without danger, and if words were not needed to be spoken than Raidou would not push the very interaction he usually aimed to avoid and was content with such. To his side upon the red robe a growing mass of golden herbs began to pile up, each removed taking a moment with a light tap upon his thigh to knock free the sediment that found itself clung to the roots that had just been between the stones they were ripping through to gain nutrients.

ID# 144015 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 9+[5/3/2]=19, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +3 Bonus Materials

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 9

Edited by Raidou

Sam scanning across the cave, glance down at Raidou who seemed to have a small fortune of materials pilling next to him. Thinking to herself DAM, Sam shakes her head to refocus. Searching for something, anything to gather, she walks a bit further into the cavern to get a better idea of what materials were actually in here. At the same time wondering why this spot was where Raidou chose. Sam was determined to keep the quiet though and tries to figure out that answer for herself.

As her feet carefully hit the floor, Sam notices a nod against the wall next to her. Inspecting it's colored form with veins of red in all shapes spread across this rock. With a grin, Sam takes out her dagger and hits the hilt against it where she thinks something might break free. After a few hits, Sam manages to break a few fragments of this red material. A few chunks and stone with no color land beneath her feet. Sam crouches down and observes each piece. After collecting and placing in her satchel, Sam searches the area for more materials.  

ID# 144016 results: Loot: 17+3=20

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 4

Edited by Sam

Sam seemed to want a more further inspection of what has been contained in this place, taking to her feet and moving to another of the nodes inside. Curiosity was a good way to gain a further understanding, Raidou was hoping this was her reason and not boredom for even the most trivial of tasks built into a more solid ground to stand upon. He would allow her to wander while he finished up this patch for it was looking rather empty by this point, cast to more dirt then plant by this point. A couple more built to his side showing back a quantity that he could find sufficient for today's harvest. Taking to his feet and adjusting the frames on his nose that fired a reflection of the light around him across the stone floor as they move, Raidou removes a buckle from the satchel on his right before he begins to bag his gains and move to the next material he intended a harvest.

D# 144018 results: Craft: 2, Loot: 1+[5/3/2]=11, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 11

Edited by Raidou

With very little effort, Sam finds another nod only feet from her. "I can see why you like it here" as she takes out her dagger in attempts of getting something loose from the rounded surface. As Sam is just about the smack it with her hilt she stops. Raising a brow as she inspects the nod further. It doesn't have the same marking as the last. Small pointed shining stones that are evenly placed within this dark grey rock. "HHmmm," Sam says trying to figure out the best way to approach this situation.

After a moment of carefully looking this over, Sam takes the tip of her dagger, placing it in the crevis of the gem and its holder. Sam puts her other hand over the gemstone and gently moves her blade back and forth with her other hand mimicking the movement. Eventually, a blue opal of sort pops free. Smiling, Sam continues this process with another piece littered upon this tapestry. 

ID# 144020 results: Loot: 17+3=20

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 6

Edited by Sam

"It serves a purpose." Raidou pays the words with a soft response, struggling at first to put it into a format to which it would be received. Tapping his hands together and kicking free the dust that had taken to the ridges on his hands, he takes to the blade on his back from its sheath. A quickened step echoing the sound of an impact that tears about the grotto around them that tosses a grayed fog that obscures his vision. Eventually, it settles and to his sight shows back a dropped jagged pile of rubble, laced with the same vein of red mineral bleeding through the rough stone it was trapped within. Flourishing his blade with a swipe of his hand, proving no dents upon its surface before it finds his back. Kneeling down and shifting about the pile Raidou begins to toss the inert rocks from the more rich pieces.

ID# 144024 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 19+[5/3/2]=29, Success!

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 16

Edited by Raidou

Sam glances back to Raidou just in time to see the shatter of the red mineral source that she previously was working on. Sam lets a small cough escape as a small dust cloud forms and evaporates soon after. With a wipe of her face for any dust that may have surfaced on it Sam asks "So what is your expertise? You collect all of this but I don't feel like you would use all of it." As Sam scans around the same area she keeps herself busy. Seeing a small crate in the distance, Sam smirks a bit before making her way toward it. 

Sam stands in front of this wooden container trying to determine how to get it open. Thinking that her knife wouldn't do it this time, her mind begins to focus in on the box for options on how to approach this. Looking down at her foot and back toward the possible loot holder, Sam uses her strength and height to her advantage. Stomping with her heel first, Sam breaks it open. "Hmm" Sam notes with a short laugh and gone as quickly as it came. Collecting the contents of bolted thread, Sam begins to scan around for more gatherable materials. 

ID# 144025 results: Loot: 12+3=15

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 8 

Edited by Sam

Shifting about the wreckage as it lays under his frame, between his footing in his knelled position. Tossing about the simple stones and segregating the gains from the worthless with a turn of his hands showing what lay dormant in each and collecting what had value. The girl seemed driven enough to proceed about, but Raidou couldn't help to notice she was apparently overwhelmed by the node count in the location as she shifted from one to the next without fully draining them out. As expected of one that had not done this to the sheer magnitude the nomad had. "My expertise, if you are asking my profession I am a grandmaster alchemist. But I don't just harvest these for myself. I have a guild to take care of, and they can hardly use the same plants I use to craft rings or the like." A simple explanation that should be easily palpable to the girl.

ID# 144426 results: Craft: 4, Loot: 7+[5/3/2]=17, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 19

Edited by Raidou

"That is nice of you. I remember being an Alchemist in another game. It was..." Sam cuts her words off to think of the right word then continues "Different. I can see why you would like it though. You seem different than most. It's really refreshing." Sam looks to Raidou with a smile. 

Scanning around now, eyes meet with a small web in the corner near her. Taking out her dagger, she takes the hilt of her blade with the tip between her 3 main fingers and begins gently wrapping the web with a small circular movement on the end of her hilt. A slight flick of her wrist and the reflective silk snaps from the wall. Sam takes the spool off and puts it into a separate pocket in her sachel so it doesn't stick to anything else in it.

Without looking at Raidou "And just so we are clear, I am here to learn and maybe make a friend." Sam looks to Raidou at the point with a grin saying "Don't worry either, you are definitely not my type." Sam lets Raidou take that as he would without much more explanation than that as her feet walk deeper into the cavern.

ID# 144428 results: Loot: 17+3=20

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 10 

Edited by Sam

"Hardly believe it a matter of kindness, given the circumstances we find ourselves now in. Necessary is more an ample description, given my skill set it only seems fitting that I would be the one to do it and keep them doing what they are." Raidou responds with his eyes still skittering about through the dormant stone under his feet, hands turning them over and picking free the mineral rich ones. "Difference or indifference is in the eye of the beholder, I am just as human as the rest and as such should be treated with no diversity." A furthered explanation that was starting to become a bit muggy with his ability to convey what he was trying to say in a more laymen term. 

Learn

A friend

Type

All but the last made sense to him, but if the girl needed support or teaching Raidou had no qualms offering such. Knowledge he could pay in excess for the storage of such was always on the forefront of his mind, likewise, the guild was exactly the sort of adamancy he was fostering for war requires an army with the courage to stand against the odds.

ID# 144429 results: Craft: 8, Loot: 13+[5/3/2]=23, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 23

Edited by Raidou

Sam stops to listen, glancing toward Raidou with a raised brow. "You may think that what your doing for your team is something that needs to be done for the great good, but really other people would see it to be an act of kindness. By the way your words are said and I quote -you have a guild to take care of- just being there for them would surely be enough in their eyes." Sam walks to another area of the cave to look for another node.

Finding another crate with a silver trim this time Sam decides to approach this with a more gentle touch. Taking out her dagger she placed the hilt in a small crack and pushes her blade against the hilt downward causing the top to pop and her knife to fall on the ground. Sam smiles as she collected the leather pieces and bolt inside. After she picks her knife up and says "Kindness is not a word to take lightly but Raidou, even if you don't think it, you are a very kind and thoughtful man." Sam takes a huff of breath and scans the area for yet another area full of materials.

ID# 144430 results: Loot: 18+3=21

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 12

Edited by Sam

"Perhaps, but I find the intention to be less important. My motivation is muddied driven by the words I spoke when they chose to follow the instructions I set before them, some times I wonder if it is truly a kindness given it will surely happen in turbulence and they are disbarred from questioning it as I do not have the time to waste on such excessive explanation if it is to proceed accordingly." Raidou spoke with stability and thickened demeanor that felt solid to the cavern around him, a factual statement that beckoned no argument he assumed. A final few hunks of ore added to his inventory with its inevitable empty coming to. To his bag they find a placement, Raidou had finished the harvest, and although words kept flowing from his lips they did not slow his movements. This beckons him to the next in sequence as he removes his blade and takes to the cavern wall Sam had abandoned, eagerly expectant to remove the jewels that remained.

ID# 144434 results: Craft: 1, Loot: 3+[5/3/2]=13, Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 24

Edited by Raidou

Smile smiles a bit and says "Fair enough. They did choose you though. This to me means that they look up to you. I actually envy that about you. Those friends of mine use expected the same of me once. It makes me a bit sad that they are missing but it was their choice. The stupidity that may cause them the very thing that I am trying to avoid now. Honestly, I try not to let it bother me too much that they left me alone. Maybe I was too hard on them but I just did what I thought was the right chain of action and in this game, it would have been very helpful for their sake and possibly mine." Sam's smile became blank as she spoke the truth to Raidou. Sam tries to dig through the crate again but finds nothing more inside. With a small huff sound Sam walks a bit deeper, trying to see what else this cave has to offer.

ID# 144435 results: Loot: 7+3=10

0*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 12

Edited by Sam

The stone wall continued to offer up, and Raidou happily accepted them with the point of his sword breaking loose that which was contained within. "I can see no fault in your reasoning, but I've found it difficult to force a hand to do what it is not taught to do. Ultimatums, a choice must be made before I allowed them the path they follow now. If it is their choice to be at my heels then it is much easier to have the horse drink." a phrase to which he had an experience, for it was the very action he had taken before the formation of the guild leagues ago now. "Choice, the one thing everyone has, and to improve cohesion and succeed we all must make one if we wish to escape this torment."

To the ground, the falling jewels seem to amplify in sound as the words were spoken fall to silence.

ID# 144436 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 15+[5/3/2]=25, Success!

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 29

Edited by Raidou

Sam looks back to Raidou listening to every word with focused eyes. "I agree. You can not force what is not wanted. My actions toward my friends caused a downward spiral of rippled effects and now..." Sams words fall as her voice fades to nothing, thinking of her next words. A small sigh escapes her as something inside her hits, like an avalanche of rocks forcing her back into reality. "Now I have to make my own choice. If they want to push me out and make the stupid decisions they always have then so be it but I can not wait around for them any longer. It's been proven that they don't want to be found and that's fine with me. I just have to change my fate. To keep myself going and find another group who would have the same thinking as me. I need a team, not followers that have not the first clue of what they are doing. People who will appreciate my hard work and not just put it down." Sam says all this with an understanding but slight anger pushing through. Sam walks past Raidou toward the exit. Turning back toward him saying in a more gentle voice this time "Thank you Raidou. You have opened my thoughts to the bigger picture. I hope to see you again soon but right now I have some thinking to do." Sam waits for a response before walking out.  

Traveled eyes to the girl that his sentiment seemed to cause some turbulence in her manner of thinking, Raidou had more to do but it seemed the girl had gained what she needed from him. He would stay for the day was still young and there was still more to do, after all Sam had only scratched the surface of the nodes she had harvested from. A beckoned call to the girl "Sam." with his sight catching a glimpse of a box hidden carefully by the cardinal system. "Your a merchant aren't you." Raidou asked with his eyes darting to its location in a subtle body language drawing a line from his eyes to it, hoping she would pick up on the queue. With the final motion, Raidou's attention shift back to the wall and with it the continued plucking of the gemstone, having offered the box to the girl to give her just a slightly increased edge upon the world she walked.

Looking for Chest: ID# 144437 results: Loot: 7+[5/3/2]=17, Success!

Edited by Raidou