[F6-SP] Fighting What? (Gemini)

Sam awakes in Eruda shop knowing that today she would have to complete a task that Raidou and Eruda both have told her to do. The Gemini quest, which she was still confused about just what she was supposed to be fighting. Eruda awakes as well and they look at each other knowing that today was the day. Sam watches as Eruda gets out of bed and tells Sam "Ill go with you to the location but after that, you have to do it on your own." Sam nods and takes out the potion given to her by Simmone the day before. With a pop of the cork and a quick chug, Sam makes a disgusted face saying "She could have made this sweeter" as she sticks her tough out. Sam shakes her head and goes through her equipment in her menu to equip the Swordsman Bracer that Raidou had loaned to her for this quest alone. Walking out the doors with Eruda at her back, she walks to quest board in the Town of Beginning's and accepts the quest Gemini. 

Sam opens her Hud to read the information on the mission before walking to the warp gate. Closing her menu she steps on the circle calling out "Floor 6" as her body turns to small particles of data and lands on floor 6. Sam and Eruda walk in silence till they get to the forest that was covered in nothing but trees. "How am I supposed to find this thing is this mess," turning and speaking to Eruda. With a voice of confidence Eruda says "I'm not sure how it works but when it becomes time, it will show. So be ready at any moment. I will be right here waiting for you Sam. Speaking on behalf of all Firm Anima, we believe in you, Sam. Get back to us safely please!" Sam smiles and turns back toward to forest with an inhale of breath saying "Well here goes nothing" as she begins to walk through the forest.

Consumes Immolation Potion!

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 6

HP: 120/120

EN: 12/12

Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone (Damage 3)

Misc: Swordsman's Bracer - Mitigation 3 (+27 Miti)

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 8

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Two-Handed Battle Axe (Rank 2): 4 Damage

Battle Ready:

Edited by Sam
  • 3 weeks later...

Sam walks through the tree lines and it begins to darken. Looking up she realized that the large trees were blocking the sunlight from coming in. "Not a fan of darkness but I guess I will have to manage." With each footfall, there is a crunch of leaves beneath them. Sam not paying much attention to any danger around starts observing nature in her view. The trees looked like dark oak and others of just plain oak. Pretty basic for a jungle-based area. Glancing at the grounds there were a few boulders placed deep within the soil which were covered in moss. Walking deeper into this forest the dirt starts turning to mud, almost like it was raining before she came this was. Opening her HUD to check the quest, all she sees is a large green circle in the forest she stood in. "Oh, that's just great. Very helpful thanks," she said as she closes her HUD and begins searching around for any movement in the distance.

Not seeing anything, for now, Sam continues walking through the forest blindly. Knowing that by heading just straight, she was not going in the same direction twice. While slushing through the mud, she feels some droplets against her head. Sam adjusts the silver plate on her arm with a small frown beginning to form. "I hope that whatever this thing they want me to face isn't that dangerous. They say it could be... Hopefully, they aren't just sending me to the wolves to die. I would really hate to think that Eruda or Raidou would do that to me." Looking down at the bracer that covers her arm she grins a bit. The rain begins to come down a bit harder but Sam didn't seem to mind. She brushes her hair away from her face and continues walking. Going further though, the rain started to become heavier. Sam knew that she would be soaked before this quest was over with.    

The rain became harder to see through and at second glance Sam notices that thick fog was slowly rising up from the ground. A breeze of wind also starts up. "What the hell is this" as she watches the fog move upward slowly. Sam begins to get nervous about the situation she was in and makes haste through the forest trying to get through what looks like a storm starting to brew. Running and jumping slightly over rocks that become clear within the fog below her. Eventually, Sam has to stop because the thickness of the mist was now all around her. Not being able to see anything she begins walking slowly forward with her hands out in front of her. A flash of light in the sky followed by a crash of thunder that rumbles the ground of which she stands on. Sam started to get scared now, as her feet hit a different texture of the floor beneath her. As she continues to walk forward slowly her hand run into something solid. Feeling around it for a moment and realizing it was a wall of sorts, she places her back against it and looks outward into the dark grey area.

Edited by Sam

Leaning against the concrete wall, never being in this type of situation before, Sam's chest starts to pound from the fear that is running through her veins right now. Rain pouring down causing her to be drenched from head to toe now. Flashes of lights all around her from lightning in the sky. Loud crashing of thunder shaking the ground beneath her feet. Sam closes her eyes to trying calming herself from not being able to see anything. Sam suddenly hears a faint crackling of twigs in the distance. Her eyes flash open but can't see anything so she screams out "Who's there?" hoping to scare it away before it gets any closer. "Why did you guys sent me out here dam it," Sam thinks to herself as she stares out into the distance. Sam jumps a bit as she sees a shadow of sorts within the thickness of the fog. "THIS WILL NOT END WELL FOR YOU IF YOU COME ANY CLOSER," Sam yells out terrified now but trying not to show that fear. 

The shadowed figure seems to blink forward, closer but not yet in view. A low evil laugh echoes around Sam. With each flash of lightning, the figure gets closer, more visible. As it gets closer, Sam realizes that it looks like her. Long black hair streaming down each shoulder with a gloss to it due to the rain fall. Sam says softly to herself "Did I miss the part where everyone said I would be fighting myself..." Sams words fall silent as she was standing face to fave with a duplicate of herself standing in front of her. It was wearing the same clothing, her body was the same height and the same measurements as hers. Sam stares intently at the figure as she says "Who are you" assuming to already know what this imposter would say back. Clinching her fist together by her sides Sam waits for a response from this thing that looks exactly like her. 

Edited by Sam

Sam was surprised by the voice it spoke back saying "I just love being in everyone's business. I can't help myself, I really don't know how to make friends any other way," the shadow says with a grin painted across her face as she starts to slowly walk around Sam. "I just have to know everything about everyone I meet..." the shadow peers behind Sam and whispers in Sams ear saying "even if they hate me in the end." The shadow walks to the other side of Sam with a small laugh saying "No, I can't simply talk to them and know them like a normal human being. I have to be nosy and interfere with their personal life." Sam swiftly turns to the thing and scream "SHUT UP...That not true," a huge smile paints against the shadows face. "Isn't it though, I mean, even our friends we've known for 5 years left us because we were soo annoying." Sam clinches her hands tighter in one another causing her nails to dig slightly into her skin.

Edited by Sam

The shadow can tell that Sam is getting angry and keeps going with the words, trying to keep the tension going saying "I say everything on my mind with the truth to each word yet.." it pauses and appears right in front of Sam with a huge grin. "My words come out more hurtful then helpful. I have to tell everyone everything even though it's not my place to do so," the shadow grabs at Sams face with two fingers but Sam jerks her face away. The shadow simple laughs and turns away. "You have yet to tell me who you are you fiend" Sam says gritting her teeth as she was trying to hold in her anger. Small amounts of blood drip from Sams palms as she digs her nails in deeper. Turning back to Sam saying "Well isn't it obvious? I am you and all that you stand for," with a large grin as it moves closer to Sam and lightly touches her shoulder.

The shadow's hand brushes from one of Sam's shoulders to the next. It grabs at he clothing with a small tug and a grin as it says "I have no boundaries. I see something I want and well I simply can't control myself. I break bubbles of others for simple knowledge when I could just ask but instead I get touchy. I could care less if they don't feel comfortable with how close I have gotten." The shadow grabs a small piece of Sams hair with a grin painted across its face. "NO...I'm not like that you freak. You can't be me," Sam yells as she pushes the thing backwards from her and pulls out her weapon. The shadow figure rushes back in front of Sam with a large smile and Red eyes staring into Sam's saying "Say that again...I dare you!" Sam glares into this things eyes knowing that most of the things that the shadow said was true but Sam didn't want to accept that she was that person any longer. "You...Are...Not...Me," Sam says in a stern but very pissed off voice as she pushes the shadow back once more but this time it falls to the ground laughing.

Edited by Sam

The laughing continues but gradually gets louder. The shadow begins to glow red and slowly gets to its feet. The long black hair covering her face, stuck in place from the rain that was pouring down harder than before. Thunder and lightning lighting up the darkness with rumbling of the earth under Sam's feet. The shadow raises its head to look at Sam a large grin plastered across its face. "Well then. If I am not you then I am me which means that the blood you hold will soon splatter the ground you walk on," it says as it to take out a 2 handed axe and starts running full speed at Sam.

Seeing this shadow run straight for Sam, She waited until it gets a bit closer and tries to move but gets hit barely doing any damage. "You will have to do a lot better than that if you want my blood on the pavement." Sam frowns a bit thinking of everything that the shadow mocked out at her. Maybe all of it was true. Maybe Sam had a lot of issues that needed to be fixed. She would go to Eruda after this and try to figure out how to handle what she burdened.

ID# 150183 results: MOB: 5+1= Hits! Gemini vs. Sam dealing 30-27=3 damage to Sam, Gemini takes 10 unmitigated damage on MD 6-8

Players:

Sam:  HP: 117/120, EN: 20/20, DMG: 8, MITI: 27, LD: +3, Immulation pot: 10 unmitigated damage on MD 6-8

Mob:

Gemini:  HP: 50/60, DMG: 30, MITI: 10, MD 9=36 DMG, MD 10=42 DMG, Natural MD 9-10 Paralyze <<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack  

Edited by Sam

Sam could stop thinking about what this stupid think told her. Was she really to person when it came to wanting something. Was she to desperate to make friends only to scare them off because she got too nosy? She only wanted to know them better. Sam couldn't help that way she was, or so she thought. Sam thought her friends were okay with how she was but the truth was, they really were not so they saw a chance to ditch her the moment they got here. Sam shifts her weapon in her hands getting ready to attack. Sam sees her sword glow and decides it was time to attack. Sam uses the weight of her weapon to uppercut two vertical gashes flying through the air toward the creature's head. The shadow figure holds its head shaking it before looking in Sam's direction ready to retaliate. 

The shadow figure stands there with its head slightly tilted to the right and stares at Sam for a moment before suddenly appearing right in the back of Sam slicing up her spine causing Sam to fall to her hands and knees. Sam can't find the strength to move at all. The shadow walks around Sam to stand in front of her and just starts laughing. Meanwhile, Sam's eyes begin to fill with tears as they blend with the rain. Her hair drags down to either side on her face touching the muddy ground.

Activating Ultimate Breaker!

ID# 150192 results: Battle: 8 Hits! vs. Gemini dealing 8*3=24-10=14 Miti damage to Gemini

ID# 150197 results: MOB: 9 Minor Critical! Gemini vs. Sam dealing 36-27=9 damage and Paralyzes Sam (1/1 Turn)

Players:

Sam:  HP: 108/120, EN: 17/20, DMG: 8, MITI: 27, LD: +3, Immulation pot: 10 unmitigated damage on MD 6-8 [Paralyzed]

Mob:

Gemini:  HP: 36/60, DMG: 30, MITI: 10, MD 9=36 DMG, MD 10=42 DMG, Natural MD 9-10 Paralyze 

Edited by Sam

Sam is on her hands and knees not being able to move knowing that something was coming but wasn't able to do a dam thing. The shadow puts a hand against Sam's head and violently pushes Sam backward to her back. Sam is now laying on her back on the wet ground. In her head, she keeps saying "Move Sam, move, roll, move...DO SOMETHING." A large grin forms over the creature's face as Sam's fingers begin to slightly move. The shadow raised its weapon above its head and downward strikes at Sam and in the same moment, Sam yells inside her head "MOVE" as she rolls to the side and covers her face causing the sword to clash with the ground right next to her. Sam's chest was pounding from how close it came to hitting her. Sam tries to catch her breath as she slowly gets to her feet, picking up her weapon from the ground and faces the shadow with a glare.

Sam is Paralyzed and can't act this turn

ID# 150199 results: MOB: 5 Misses! Gemini vs. Sam

Players:

Sam:  HP: 108/120, EN: 18/20, DMG: 8, MITI: 27, LD: +3, Immulation pot: 10 unmitigated damage on MD 6-8 

Mob:

Gemini:  HP: 36/60, DMG: 30, MITI: 10, MD 9=36 DMG, MD 10=42 DMG, Natural MD 9-10 Paralyze

Edited by Sam

Sam at this point was royally pissed off. "Yes I have imperfections," Sam says as she starts walking toward the shadow figure with her sword dragging across the mud creating a small crater behind her. "Yes, what you have told me...Everything you have told me is, in fact, true," as she gets closer and her sword begins to glow dark red. "As it may be that you are a part of me, by your looks and what you think you know" she grabs the Gemini's face with her free hand and pushes with all her might, causing the shadow of herself to its back now. The shadow tries to crab walk backwards away from Sam but slips in the mud and falls to its back. "But I will not allow you to rub everything in my face with everything that I have been trying so hard to fix," Sam yells this last sentence raising her Axe above her head now slicing downward at it with all her strength as it swings upward at Sam with its axe causing Sam to glow red dealing damage to it, as Sam makes contact just to the side of its heart as she did not want to kill it. The Gemini takes the axe out of its flesh not wanting to give up just yet. Sam prepares for another attack.

ID# 150205 results: Battle: 10 Major Critical! vs. Gemini dealing 10*3=30-10 Miti = 20, damage to Gemini 

ID# 150207 results: MOB: 7 Hits! Gemini vs Sam dealing 30-27=3 damage to Sam, Gemini takes 10 unmitigated damage 

Gemini Takes a total of 30 damage!

Players:

Sam:  HP: 105/120, EN: 14/20, DMG: 8, MITI: 27, LD: +3, Immulation pot: 10 unmitigated damage on MD 6-8 

Mob:

Gemini:  HP: 6/60, DMG: 30, MITI: 10, MD 9=36 DMG, MD 10=42 DMG, Natural MD 9-10 Paralyze

Edited by Sam

Sam gets angrier wanting this to end so she could break down without a fight of another. Sam realized that her Axe was glowing dark red again so she takes advantage of her blow and the Gemini shock. Swinging the weight of her weapon up over her head once more, and forces the axe downward causing it to hit the same spot as last time. The Gemini managed to get a small swing in causing Sam the glow red again as its health breaks down to nothing. Sam pulls her Axe out of the Gemini and catches her in her own arms before it falls. "I will change, I have to if I want real friends to stand by me," Sam says as her emotions start to become tears that drip down her face. At this point, the entire storm has stopped. Sam sits down while holding herself in her arms across her lap now. "I know and accept everything you have told me, and I guess I just needed someone to remind me why I was trying so hard. For that I thank you." Sams tears drip against her smile as she looking into the Gemini's eyes, reflecting her own. "That's all I ever wanted," both Sam and the Gemini say in unison as it bursts into nothing, but instead of the light fading Sam feels herself absorb the Gemini like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulder. 

ID# 150215 results: Battle: 7 Hits! Sam vs Gemini dealing 8*3=24-10 Miti =14 damage to Gemini

ID# 150216 results: MOB: 6 Hits! Gemini vs Sam dealing 30-27=3 damage to Sam, Gemini takes 10 unmitigated damage, Killing it

Players:

Sam:  HP: 102/120, EN: 11/20, DMG: 8, MITI: 27, LD: +3, Immulation pot: 10 unmitigated damage on MD 6-8 

Mob:

Gemini:  HP: 1/60, DMG: 30, MITI: 10, MD 9=36 DMG, MD 10=42 DMG, Natural MD 9-10 Paralyze DEFEATED!

Edited by Sam

Sam sits there with nothing left to hold. Sam falls to her back as she sun shines brightly through the trees now. "What the heck was with the storm. It was there and then just not." Sam lays there in the mud knowing that a shower would be very much needed after she got back. Laying there she starts thinking of every conversation that Eruda and Setsuna had around her. All the yelling because for some reason it didn't yet sink in that they truly were stuck here in this game. Another tear drips down Sams face as she knew that she had to make things right with Setsuna. The last thing that she wanted was people in the guild that she wanted to join, hate her. Sam sits up and wipes her face smearing mud all over it. With a sigh, she gets to her feet and grabs her weapon from the ground.  

Sam makes her way back to Eruda in a slow walk trying to piece together everything that just happened. "I can't force people to like me but I can try to make them not hate me," she says as she puts her weapon away. Raidou wanted everyone to work together which is understandable. Sam began to think of ways that she could make a better impression on the others. After a long while of walking in the silent forest, Eruda appears in front of her talking but Sam seems to be zoned out to much to make out anything she was saying. Finally she hears Eruda yell "SAM" and feels Eruda's hands on both her shoulders. Shaking her head a bit to come back to reality Sam starts to cry again. Eruda frowns a bit and takes her hand as she brings her back to the town. Eruda locates a Inn with a shower area and pays the fees.

Edited by Sam

Eruda practicully shoves Sam into the shower area and says "I will be waiting out here for you. Wash up and take all the time you need." Sam half smiles with a small nod. Eruda walks to the inns front desk and Sam starts her clean up but hears every word between the two of them for the walls seemed to be super thin. The inn keeper says "Is your friend okay? She looked...well she looks off her rockers." Sam hears Eruda's voice now "Yea she will be just fine. I will make sure of it. Can I get a couple plates of brunch like food." "Yea of course," the inn keeper says as she walks away getting that prepped. Eruda looks to the shower area and in a small voice saying "Don't worry Sam. Everything will be fine." Sam hears this and begins to cry again but continues cleaning herself up.

After a long while Sam walks out and sits next to Eruda. Sam seemed more collected than before. Eruda gives her a smile and says "How are you doing Sam?" Sam stays silent for a moment while she gets herself sitting right in her chair. "Are you my friend Eruda. Like truly, deeply my friend," as she glances toward Eruda with a serious face. Eruda half smiles more but speaks the truth saying "Can I be honest with you Sam?" Sam nods and Eruda continues "At first I was not sure because I too was wanting to make friend now matter who they were. I let you stay at my shop with me because I felt bad that you too had no one at the time. I can honestly say now though, that I do think of you as a dear friend of mine and I hope it stays that way. In a way I was lonely too and I felt comfort in someone else staying with me. It feels just a little less lonely." Sams eyes begin to water again and she pulls Eruda into a hug. "Thank you Eruda for everything."

Sam lets go of Eruda saying "I am really sorry that I was such a pain. I promise that I will try my best from here on out. I'm still not sure if I am ready to join Firm Anima yet though," as the innkeeper comes back with their food. "Oh don't you look so much better honey. I'm glad!" she says as she places the plates of eggs and bacon in front of them. "Enjoy you two" saying as she walks away cleaning the area around her. Sam starts to eat as does Eruda. "Can you help me be better Eruda, help me be likable?" Sam asks with her mouth full. Eruda laughs just a bit before saying "Well for starter you can finish the food in your mouth before speaking," as she eats more of her food. Sam just looks at Eruda and swallows. Both of them start laughing as they finish up their food. 

Sam and Eruda spent the rest of the day talking about Sam's problems. How Sam could possibly avoid conflict with the flaws that are not yet able to be controlled. With everything though, Sam does feel a lot better knowing that she had at least one true friend in this world. Finishing up their food, they pay and walk out toward Eruda's shop. The day has become dusk as the sunsets in the distance. "Will you tell Setsuna I am sorry as well?" Sam says thinking of how badly she acted around her last time. Eruda smiles and says "No, but you can. She is hard to face, yes but you need to show her the true you. Show her that you can handle any situation that you may come across. Show her no fear. I believe in you, Sam. You should try doing the same." With that said Sam smiles with a nod and they both walk into Eruda's shop to get some shut-eye before another day comes as quickly as it left.