[PP-F4] Titles are hard

Mari felt guilt eat away at her; she shouldn't have done that, she shouldn't have laughed. Here was this poor girl opening hr heart out to Mari - and Mari laughed no wonder she wanted to leave amidst a snowstorm. "I-It's not silly." Mari stammered, trying to repair the damage she had done. "You can't dismiss yourself like that!" Hypocrite  Mari half stood- half shuffled around the edge of the Kotatsu so she could be closer to snow. "Snow, Snow..." Mari began, reaching out to clasp the blonde's hand again. Mari squeezed it tightly.

"I'm sorry. That was really unfair of me. You...I..." Mari squeezed again as she turned her gaze away from Snow. "It threw me off, I'm really really not used to people being so sincere or offering such genuine help. Let alone a stranger. I..." Mari hated herself and her lack of eloquence. She wished she knew the right words to say in this moment.

Mari let go of Snow's hand so she could stand if she wanted to. "Y-You're more than welcome to stay if you want, but before you leave - I just wanna say thank you. Really. I mean it." 

@Snow

Snow felt Mari's grip on her hand and felt a brief moment of panic. It was firm, but not aggressively so. It was, however, enough to prevent the blonde from standing and that unsettled her. The look she gave Mari mirrored that of a frightened animal backed in a corner. Even if the words she spoke were kind and honest, Snow felt a little scared.

"No, don't worry about it. No big deal. And thanks but..." Mari let go of Snow's hand. The blonde immediately slid out and stood. She straightened her clothes. "I overstepped. I've worn out my welcome."

Tch, you more than wore it out. You stuck your foot clean in your mouth. God, Alyssa. Just go bury your face in a pillow.

Snow bowed as a sign of respect.

"Thank you again for inviting me and for the tea. It was a nice distraction from..." She paused, and shook her head. "Well, anyway. Enjoy your evening. Thanks again for your kindness."

The blonde turned around and made for the door. She opened it gently, exited, and just as quietly closed it as not to cause alarm. The sky rained large tufts of snow in a soft hissing whisper. Arms crossed to preserve what little warmth followed her, Snow stepped out and made way back to town.

God... I'm such an idiot...

@Mari

Edited by Snow

And just like that she was gone.

Mari stared at the closed door for a long time. Replaying the look of fear that Snow had given her. Fear It was like a spark that set to blaze - and Mari was that fuel, that deadly gasoline. Mari turned her eyes down to her hands. What went wrong? They were getting along, right? Was it because Mari laughed at Snow's offer? Or because she had tried to offer to let Snow stay the night? Maybe...Maybe it was her touch. After all, it seemed that many had hated it. Mari curled her fingers into her palm. Clenching slender fingers into a fist before she opened them up again. Alkor ...when he had come back from his 'death' he had flinched every single time she had reached out to him.  Snow, she was the same. Mari parted her lips and sighed - she would need to learn not to be so open like that. Not to reach for others. It was unfair to them.

Mari shut her eyes; trying to relive the scene- She had gently grasped Snow's hand in the beginning - she tried to offer a squeeze of support but maybe that - maybe that had done it. Maybe it was the realization of the orange crystal. Perhaps Snow even remembered Mari's name - and was just trying to be polite as she wanted to remove herself from what she thought would be a dangerous situation.

Being alone in an isolated glade, surrounded by gentle snowfall - yeh...Mari could understand that.

"I'm Sorry, Snow." Mari whispered to herself as  she pressed her head against the table.

It's not like she'd see her again anyway.

Right?

REWARDS

Mari and Snow both receive
2 SP
200 Col

Edited by Mari