[PP-F1] <<FFLAF>> Training Regime I

Crozeph having connections was weird for Shirogane, she had known him to be quite reserved and it was a clear sign that he was alone, not on the anti-social side but alone. "You know I find it weird that you always venture out alone yet you know people, isn't that unusual?" she told him. She didn't mind Crozeph and what he's doing she had something to do and delaying it will only lengthen the days of her training "I better make it worth his time accompanying me with things a player can do alone" she thought. Shirogane carefully scooped dirt with her spear, it wasn't a good tool but they didn't bring any for the job, she just bolted out of Zakariah's shop as soon as she was given the task. 

As she searched, something crossed her mind. It was the person she saw with Crozeph on floor 10, a woman with orange hair and it seemed like Crozeph was sleeping on her lap. It bugged her for a few days "who was that woman? is she a lover?" she asked herself. It was an inappropriate thing to ask but Shirogane's curiosity was piqued "if she isn't then Crozeph must've fallen into her trap" she thought.

ID: 148952 LD: 8 no materials found

Edited by Shirogane
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph didn't find a chest and it seems that Shirogane didn't find any material either. It would be a frustrating feeling for Shirogane, normally Crozeph would take a break or kill some mob to relieve the stress but Shirogane is not fit to fight mobs yet, he can't risk her safety for the sake of relieving stress. Crozeph stood up and stretched his back "should we take a break or do you want to continue?" he asked her "in my situation I'd just kill something but I know how you feel about fighting a boar right now" he added. Crozeph chuckled as Shirogane told him about how she's weirded out about the people he knows. 

"Well to make it less weird, I know them because of random encounters" he replied "one is an ally of my former guild, the other one had a past which was not so good with me but it's fine now, there's girl from a small town who is cheerful and cooks well, and also a former guildmate of mine" he mentioned anyone that he would know, it would be best if Shirogane knew them through his point of view and then know them more once she gets to meet them.

"No, I'll continue searching but you can feed me while I search" she told him playfully. Shirogane wasn't even frustrated enough to quit, she just knew it wasn't going to be easy for her. Crozeph might have a decent skill in gathering materials but she was just a beginner on things like this and it was showing. She continued, she won't be getting anywhere if she stops on searching, she wasn't sure if Crozeph would buy into her joke. 

"Wow they sound fun, I'd like to meet them someday, when I'm less pathetic as I am now," she said "I wonder who the orange-haired girl is there? the cheerful one or the..." she thought hard for a second "maybe she's the one Crozeph had a bad past"  Shirogane shook her head, why was she getting curious on the woman? Shirogane continued her search as she tries to shake the thought out of her head. "I wanted to know more from him but why do I feel like it would sound awkward?" she thought.

ID: 149195 LD: 4 no materials found 

It was a good call for Crozeph that he would feed Shirogane as she didn't want to stop with material gathering. He pulled up his inventory and scrolled for anything they can eat. Crozeph was living off rations, bread, and a few snack he identified from being a merchant. It made him miss Yuki's cooking "remind me that we'd visit someone and grab some food up for our expeditions, we'll be stocking a good amount" he told her. Crozeph took four pieces of bagel and took a bite from one, he moved towards Shirogane and gave one for her but instead of giving it to her by the hand he offered it close to her face. He was busy biting on his bagel and he didn't mind feeding her.

"We'll get to that one day, I mean we have a lot to do remember? train you, put up our joint shop, get some items and materials, and..." he took another bite "we'll join a guild made by Baldur, it would be a bummer for you though because I'm planning on joining the frontlines" he told her.

Shirogane turned red as soon as she saw the bagel near her face "how far can this guy's idiocy go?"  she thought. It was a joke, she wasn't expecting Crozeph to really feed her by his hand "now this is more awkward than asking him who the orange-haired woman is" she thought. Shirogane reluctantly took a bite but after it, she quickly snatched the bagel from him "you need to take it down a notch with the whole I-don't-care-if-you're-a-girl attitude Crozeph" she said. She doesn't know if anyone has seen it but Crozeph obviously lack the understanding of how to deal with the opposite sex. 

"Someone might mistake it for flirting and that spells trouble if you tell them that you're not," she said as she angrily took a bite. Shirogane looked on the bushes and under some dead trees for materials, a bagel still between her teeth. She wasn't sure how to react but that advice can save a lot of trouble for Crozeph. "Look here mister Crow, it's nice to be nice to girls but make sure it's just you being nice and not..." Shirogane grumbled "why am I explaining this to an idiot" she uttered while she searched for materials.

"Joining a guild sounds fun, I want to meet the people you know so that I can know more of you,"  she said. "This is to help you Crozeph, I'll teach you how to be more affable to people" she told him, her face brimming with eagerness.

ID: 149226 LD: 3 no materials found

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph pulled his hand back like someone was going to bite when Shirogane took the bagel from him. He was surprised by her reaction even though she's the one who told him to feed her "you said that I'll feed you while you search" he replied. Crozeph didn't understand what she meant but it was a good idea for him. As Shirogane talked about him and his laidback attitude towards the opposite sex, it felt like he was getting scolded by Yuki again. It wasn't intentional, he wanted only to help but it seems that it gets taken out of context or maybe he is being an annoyance with that kind of attitude.

"It didn't cross my mind, I just wanted to help you," he said as he ate while facing the open field and staring at the sky "does it have to be flirting? why do people think that doing something well means you're flirting? I don't understand. Isn't a norm to do things that help others? I guess I got it the wrong way" he said to himself. He didn't care of Shirogane heard him or not but it was a common case which he didn't even planned or know.

Shirogane sighed, it was hopeless to explain it to him at the moment but she did say so many times that she wanted to help him back "the problem is you're too carefree doing it" she told him. "There are other ways to be polite to girls without being a flirt and..." Shirogane began pulling her hair "I find it hard to explain it to you because you'll just slap me with your logical reasoning" she said in an annoyed manner. Shirogane looked at Crozeph as he began to ask himself or maybe her about it. Shirogane frowned as Crozeph began asking questions that are simple to her but it was already complex for someone like Crozeph.

She continued searching for materials as soon as she finished her bagel "there's nothing wrong with what you're doing Crozeph, it's just that..." she felt bad now that she thinks about it. Someone like Crozeph who was always rationally doing things lived a life getting in trouble with people whose emotions are easily riled up. He was being serious but it makes people misunderstand him "maybe there is something wrong with people for someone like him" she thought, her hand touching and searching for materials.

ID: 149250 LD: 13 x1 T1 material found

Edited by Shirogane

"You don't have to explain it to me Shirogane, I'll do just fine by doing the help and not making any unnecessary interactions" he told her. It was better that way, help, and then walk away after helping. Maybe he can help more of it was official business, the 221B Baker Street thing they'll be setting will be the only way for him to help. Shirogane was right, he would just apply some rational thinking when it comes to times where emotions had huge parts to play. Not that it was wrong but it made Crozeph somewhat weird or misunderstood, Shirogane misunderstood him, Yuki scolded him, and Mari gave him some advice on how he should interact with people. It was a realization but Crozeph was reluctant to change it, it was risky.

Crozeph took a bite to the second bagel he had and handed the other to Shirogane "I'll just keep myself out of the way and help through some other method that I could think of" he told her. It seems Shirogane found another material and that's three more to go before they could return to Zakariah and have her crystals crafted.

Shirogane turned around and looked at Crozeph with sad eyes "I-I didn't mean it that way Crozeph" she uttered before she returned to gathering materials "at times I think I just misunderstand you so it's not that you're always wrong. Please don't go back to isolation again, I really need someone to help me with this and you're the only one I know who can help" she added. She couldn't find the right words but she felt really bad when Crozeph began mentioning about getting out of the way of others again. She forgot that when helping others, there will come a time that a person will get in the way of others.

She slapped both sides of her cheeks and search for materials. It turned into a sad conversation all of a sudden and Shirogane wanted to change the topic. "Um, can I ask who is the orange-haired woman really is for you? I figured if I'm tagging along I probably need to know if someone is..." Shirogane turned red "I just want to know" she asked again before she shook the bushes in front of her waiting for something to fall off.

ID: 149277 LD; 7 no materials found

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph stood up and pat Shirogane in the head "I'm not going anywhere, it'll be really bad if I just left you behind" he told her. Crozeph remained standing and looking at the grassy field and tried to answer Shirogane's question. As far as he can remember he already told her who Mari was but a little explanation won't hurt and with Shirogane tagging along with Crozeph, it was clear that he can share some of his secrets with her "her name is Mari, she's my former guild leader and..." Crozeph couldn't say it right away "she sort killed my brother" he added. Crozeph could feel the cool breeze and hear Shirogane stop from moving "we've come to terms with what happened and now she's somewhere doing things for other people as atonement" it felt great to share it with someone, like the past that haunted him was now less taxing to himself "you may find it weird but I made that decision because I wanted to set myself free of any anger."

No matter how many times people would find out and ask why, Crozeph would just say "yes I did forgive her, so what?" a decision is a decision and he will stick it with even if he has to die in doing so "I sure hope she doesn't do anything dumb though, it would be really upsetting if she died without fully redeeming herself" he said, "you'll meet her soon and I'm sure you'll get yourself comfortable with her quick."

Shirogane could feel her hand shaking as she heard the words "Crozeph's brother died because of her?" she thought. It hit her like a truck but Shiroane steeled herself and tried to hold back her tears and continued searching. The bad past that Crozeph told her was about a murder and it was heartbreaking for someone like her. AS if it all made sense to her why Crozeph was like this, he had been experiencing pain and dealing with it along "so that time, it was to forgive her" she thought.

Tears fell on where she was digging for materials, she was being weird for nothing about the woman named Mari when it turns out, she was proof of his pain and also his freedom from it. Shirogane grabbed something from where she dug, it was a material and it seems she only need to more. She began to sob and stood up walking towards Crozeph and hugged him from behind "I'm sorry I asked I didn't mean to ask something so terrible" she said as she held the material in her hand and her arms wrapped around Crozeph's side.

ID: 149282 LD: 18 x1 T1 materials found.

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph tried to keep his balance with Shirogane crying on his back "h-hey don't cry like that, here..." Crozeph pried her arms and wiped her tears with his sleeve "it's fine, plus since we're going to be a nice duo, I figured I should tell you things about myself" he told her. Just two more and Shirogane will be able to go back to Zakariah. She's making slow progress but it's better than nothing at all. Crozeph pat her on the head again "well Watson, are you going to tell me something? I'm guessing we should revise our profession plan that suits us more than what we want" he told her.

Crozeph finished his bagel and looked at her "keep on searching, we still have to give those materials to Zakariah" he was getting icky about staying too long for searching, there were boars in the area and it was like a curse to lower-level players to be killed by boars. They have to wrap up the searching before sundown or Shirogane will be in danger.

Shirogane composed herself and returned to where she was digging earlier "it's so sad that I can't help but cry for you" she told him. Losing a family member was hard for Shirogane, she attended funerals of relatives despite her having little knowledge of who died, she still felt sad. "I-I'm glad that things are sorted out between you and her,  it was probably one of the bravest things one could do" Shirogane would forgive her also, given that they'll be able to have a talk about it but it also crossed her mind "I never knew the feeling of losing someone in the family but you did good Crozeph, you did good," she told him as she continues to dig for materials.

She found another one and that makes a total of four materials, just one more for them to return to Zakariah. Shirogane held the materials and placed it inside her inventory, she resumed her search they're one step away from finishing the gathering of materials.

ID: 149287 LD: 11 x1 T1 material found

Edited by Shirogane

"Please stop crying, you won't be able to see what you're looking for with those tears" he told her. It would seem that Shirogane was the type to cry for her friends as if she lost something or someone too. Crozeph scratched his head. "Looks like we only need one to get back to old man Zakariah" he said as she saw Shirogane find another material. "After this, we'll take your profession quest so you can set up your shop" Crozeph was thinking of making her a merchant but it felt wrong at some point, he needs to know what Shirogane can do instead of jumping into a profession that'll make her bored or be hard to do for someone like her.

"Are you ready to craft potions once you finished that one?" he asked her "we still got a long list to do but take your time, we need to be thoroughly prepared."  Crozeph lied down on the grass again, a few minutes of rest is enough for him until Shirogane gets another material.

"You bet! I'm gonna nail that craft on the first try you and uncle Zakariah would be speechless" she said as she tries to look for materials. Shirogane was having doubts about becoming a merchant, it would require her to go out and gather items to identify but it sounds fun. She thought about being a performer but it would go against the principle of her music is for her family and not for earning something. "I wanted to be a performer but if it means I'm going to earn something doing it then that would make me..." Shirogane fidgeted for a second "I don't like my music getting paid" she added.

It would be fun if she was a performer, she was good at it and it would be nice if she can do what she wants, play music inside a VRMMORPG. The thought was exciting but also was contradicting her ideal that she has been keeping up for so long. Shirogane sighed at the lack of material to where she was digging, she moved to another area and searched for some materials under a fallen tree.

ID: 149423 LD: 6 no material found

Edited by Shirogane

"Confident huh?" he was amused by her positive thinking, something he can't do all the time but to Shirogane it was as simple as breathing unless someone tells her a sad story. While it was clear that Shirogane wanted to be a performer, Crozeph was confused by her saying that she doesn't want her music to get paid "hm, so you're some kind of musician outside huh? the fact that you said that means people in the industry were already waiting to buy your music" he said. Crozeph thought for a second on how to make it work "let's put it this way, my primary plan is to help Baldur with items so why don't you help me or our soon to be guild with what you can do a performer?" he explained to her.

"We're not necessarily selling your music but the buffs it gives plus..." Crozeph scratched his head "I need those recording crystals so I can also give some debuff to enemies" he added. If Shirogane realizes that she'll be helping most of the time instead of selling then she might just go with the performer profession. "Once you set up your shop I'll be moving in the same location where you choose to."

ID: 149428 LD: 1 no materials found

There was no material to where she was again. Every time this happens, Shirogane would take a deep breath and resume her search, and just like the failed searches earlier she resumed her gathering and looked forward to finding the last material that she could find. She understood what Crozeph meant, it would be an honor for her to contribute to their guild and hopefully, put whatever she gives to good use. Not that she was suspecting Crozeph and his friends of using it for evil but rather, never make mistakes at the cost of a life. She smiled, maybe she could earn a little and help a lot.

"I guess we should finalize this, I'll be the performer and you be the merchant, we'll set up our shop right next to each other and put 221B on the sign," Creating music while playing inside a game was not a dream for her anymore and at the same time the game doesn't have a respawn feature, they die for real "I want to keep everyone with me safe, please use the items to keep everyone safe Crozeph" she told him with satisfaction in her eyes.

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph nodded, he's hoping there won't be a change of plan now that Shirogane will shoulder the debuffs that he'll be needing. "I guess we'll be doing a lot of dungeon hunting from now on so you better prepare yourself because I'm not cutting some slack once we're outside" he added. Crozeph rolled on the grass like a kid, he was getting bored with how the land didn't have enough materials for Shirogane, it was weird that he was good at it at some point but Shirogane was bad at it, not terrible but the time consumed by her not finding anything can be a pain.

"By the way, I wonder how well do you play music? I play by ear on guitar and piano but that's about it. I do things sometimes that I don't know what it's called but I hear it was a legit musical term" he said. What if Shirogane was a prodigy when it comes to instruments, that would mean her recording crystals will sound good and he might just learn more about music from her.

ID: 149447 LD: 14 x1 T1 material found

"Dungeon hunting sounds nice and scary at the same time" Shirogane uttered. She picked up something under a thick flower-like plant and it was a material "looks like we have what we need" she told him. Shirogane can't wait to bring it all back to Zakariah and craft something. All the time she tagged along with Gerard and his group it wasn't this rewarding and Shirogane felt more joy on it than staying inside the settlement. 

She smiled as Crozeph asked her about her musical abilities. It was a nostalgic feeling as she tried to remember the times she played music with her family. "You could say I have it in my genes, my family is full of musicians" she told him, "I think it's nice that you can play music just by hearing it. Not everyone can do that" she added. Shirogane gestures for Crozeph to go back to the settlement and take the materials to Zakariah "let's go, we still have a lot to do" she exclaimed as she walked.

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph had one more thing to do before they return to Zakariah. A second attempt to find a treasure chest. "We can at least wrap this up nicely if we find one" he said. Crozeph walked towards where Shirogane last gathered material and dug deeper into it. The soil was already soft so it was easier for him to get the hole wider and deeper. "I want you to watch me do it, so if you ever get the chance to do it yourself you know what to do, though it's just the same as gathering materials" he told her. Crozeph was a merchant and finding items or treasure chests was what he needs to do to gain something to identify "most of the time it's a fifty-fifty scenario, you find none here you find it somewhere else and vice versa" he kept on digging until the hole was around 2 feet.

"For sure the system will just reprogram it back to what it was before we dug around here" he told her. Crozeph didn't have his yukata and he wasn't planning on wearing because only Shirogane was doing the quest but now he felt a little regret not to, they might just find something if he wore the yukata.

• ID: 149670
  • LD: 7 no treasure chest found.
Edited by Crozeph