[PP|F2]<<Let There Be Light>>What's wrong with the dark?

The Megitsune found herself on Floor 2. A floor that she had grown to know for a time. This was  particularly memorable one, since this is where she met the Red Wanderer: Raidou Kuzunoha. An interesting fellow to be sure. Such a devoid person who had no path, until he met her and learned a thing or two about confidence. It was, after all, what she imbued as a Yokai. The spirits were strong and deceiving, but wandering isn't all that bad, as long as you remember to stay the course.

Another quest to be done, the mother of the missing girl approached the kitsu, pleading for help from the strong. Fox was strong and could easily do this quest, however, she knew the cave was supposed to make it difficult to see, even for a Yokai like herself. Since Raidou was already helping her power level, she guessed he would be interested in questing with her some more. She pulled up her menu and send him as message.

Kon,

Floor 2, bring light.

-Fox

Spoiler

General
Level: 8 | HP:  160/160 | Energy: 16/16

Stats
DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2

Skills
THBA Rank II

Equipment(In use)
Obsidian Scythe: DMG III
Kitsu-mono: EVA I; Rec: II
Kitsune Mask: ACC III

Equipment(Standby)
Fox Totem: LD III

Consumables:
(3x)Starter Potions

A ringing notification upon his HUD brings it to his attention, removing one of his hands from the patch he was working to open the prompt. It was a message, from the girl in black who was proving growth with each passing second. A beckon for help to which Raidou would gladly oblige. Placing the growing mass of herbs into his satchel in the small grotto he frequented on Floor 21, his day's yield was finished with this last plucked aught of use.

Back to Tomoika Raidou moves post haste, a verbal queue breaks reality around him and places him in Urbus. "Light..." Raidou thought out loud, surely the girl was aiding the mother in rescuing that haphazard child again. Prior he had assumed it a once off occurrence but the quest keeps finding its way back to the board which beckons the thought that this child was danger prone, and with this small notion Raidou knew where to find the white fox.

Raidou equips a Glowstone (Negate Accuracy Penalty from Low-Light/No Light)

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 41

HP: 820/820

En: 82/82

Weapon: Glowstone

Armor: Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Battle Healing: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained [Vengeful Riposte]

Fighting Spirit: Obtained

Howl: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

4*Golem Strength Potion (+2 Base Damage)

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion (T1/Uncommon/+60)*4

Teleport Crystal*2

The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

The Megitsune waited for the Wanderers red coat to grace her eyes before leaving the safe zone. She was sure that he could find the cave where the child was supposed to be, as the info broker had told her, but why not walk with him, see how he's doing since they last spoke about their heart and intentions on floor 1 during the nepent quest. Judging from their last encounter, with the ice elemental, he had really begun to accept himself and grow stronger as a result. Once he was on her floor, her steely red gaze met his. 

"Kon, again." Her soft, clarion voice reached passed the mask muffling it. She started to take the lead today, feeling confident that this quest was all hers. "Nice to see you again, Kuzunoha. How have you been since our last meetup? Busy as ever I presume." The girl's bandaged feet were light in the grass, it's what made her able to sneak up on unsuspecting prey so easily, after all.

An inactive stone laid in his sword arm as the mobs in this task was much less as difficult as the darkness within the cavern they were located, light the girl called for was more than justified. Easily snagged from the guild's coffers before heading out it was not a bad idea to have one on hand at all times, the same as a teleport crystal. "Megitsune, doing well I see. The dust is still present, it has been a bit of an experience but it is all coming back slowly." Raidou shared with the words rather fluidly in comparison, either he was mended or it was much easier to respond to Megitsune, he was not sure.

Through the passing canopy through a maze of trees, the map was of little help given the nav was a giant surface area and not a finite point. A quest area adding unnecessary convoluted action to an already trivial task. "You have no idea, I have a world of problems to set straight now. But at least now I have the means."

The quiet enveloped their conversation whilst the Megitsune thought on her next choice of words. She was young, but still felt wise for her age. You couldn't be called a kitsune if you didn't have a bit of wit to your words, would ya? A couple seconds later, the silence would be broken by her voice.

"You, as I am, are a dull sword merely waiting to be sharpened. We have sat, unkempt for a time, but out ambition and intentions will make our prick devastating. Continue believing in your own path and make your sword sharp enough to cleave iron in half." It came out better than she had imagined in her mind. A clear descriptor that made sense for their own dire situation.

Finding the cave in the area marker wasn't entirely difficult. They passed through a cave that was completely collapsed by rocks where the quest could have taken place, but not this time.

Raidou enjoyed the wit that stemmed from the girl, for too few could offer insight beyond the surface. Age did not slow the girl's wisdom, which brought about a question of academic pursuit. "A fine sentiment but I believe you much more capable then clipping only through iron, for a star calls such might that could burn the heavens in its wake. Aim for that star, become a force to be uncontested and unfaltered. I could aim for iron, but this fire in my belly burns hot enough to reduce the earth to ash." Raidou offered a word while staring about in the rubble, it was surely once one of the alcoves used for this quest but had seen some collapse that robbed it from entry. "Stranger still, that the system left it this way. Perhaps an underhanded plan from the cardinal lays in wait." Raidou remarked as he tossed one of the loose debris to the side.

If the cave was close the Megitsune would easily see it. You can't be more sly than a fox for sure. It was apparent that they would have to go deeper into the woods reach the cave containing their objective. The mobs within wouldn't last a minute against her scythe and Raidou's sword.

"Now that's the spirit that one should have to grow stronger!" The fox agreed to his sentiment. Her passion for becoming strong was more powerful than a comet that could reduce the earth to nothing but dust. She was glad to see that Kuzunoha was taking on her spirit and bring it up a couple notches. It meant he really was serious about his development here in Aincrad. They would see each other on the front lines for sure, nothing could stop both their combined passion.

"If I intend on leaving this hell, I cannot falter. Even if we must rely on our force in numbers, one must be individually strong to bolster their resolve."

Edited by Megitsune

Raidou continued his perusal of the forest as two eyes scanned the area for where this child was contained, it should not be too far from Urbus which created a perimeter of sorts but it was still a lot of ground to cover. "Spirit..." Raidou tasted the word on his tongue, not sure if it was quite the word he would have used but it was a tad fitting. "The frontlines need that very sentiment, I see this game as nothing more than a war with two opposing armies. A group of soldiers is only as strong as the weakest among them, tactics and cadence do not stand with fear in good company. All too often history books speak of the army losing the will to fight back. If we wish to escape this iron cage, the frontlines need soldiers. You would be a welcome addition with your willingness to stand against overwhelming odds."

The kitsu huffed at his proposal of the front lines. She would be there now if she was able, but of course even she knew when an endeavor was nothing but suicidal. Even her amazing strength could be quelled from a single strong boss. That, however, would not stop her from pummeling anything in her way until she was strong enough to reach the front. No better way to deal with things in her opinion.

"That sentiment will be delayed for a time, obviously. I cannot do anything as I am now, but more experience and more levels will see me to the top. I have made up my mind in this game of life or death. I have chosen to live, until I die. Although, I project that dying part to be an odd lower than a unique item drop." She chuckled. Nothing was going to kill her easily. She knew these games and the numbers way too well to be overwhelmed.

Raidou took her words to consider as she understood some of the finer points to which he was ramping up to correct "Agreed, taking too much on too quickly is a recipe for disaster. Every advantage needs to be at your disposal before you contemplate such a future to be sure. The gears are in motion for my own inevitable return but it's still a way off yet, no risks with life on the line. I will just drag you along with me if you would like to offer me a hand and I would appreciate your company Fuyuko." Raidou offered to the girl who was making a habit of either being at the forefront of his journey or showing up shortly after it commenced. Battle testing was one of the many steps to his recovery, rigging the playing field the second. No general should act brash, no leader without a plan and these tactics where were Raidou shined brightest.

Right now, Megitsune was pretty powerful for her level. She would take that advantage as far as she possibly could and make sure that she annihilated every field boss and quest that she could with her scythe. It wouldn't be long before she mastered her weapon level and she would be dealing nearly 100 damage with a single attack. With Raidou's aid, the crack in her armor was filled, so she could skirt the boundaries of her limits much safer with him around.

"Of course, as long as you'll have me. This partnership is more than mutual, it's a pleasure if I do say so myself. You are way ahead of me, for sure, but I hope I can catch up to you soon. You find me sitting idle until I feel like I've become strong enough to demolish my enemies." The girl said, peering her eyes out for the cave that still eluded them. Finally, the opening to the cave came into view, it was a small opening, no wonder it had taken them some time. "You lead the way, you have the light."

Raidou nodded in agreement  "Then its settled, these quests that will help strengthen you are an excellent exercise for me and you'll be where I now stand before you know it. I was not paying attention to the fact before I hit this point after all." The cavern's entrance found by Fuyuko with no issue as two heads was still proven to be better than one. Tapping the stone in his hand with a nod, it flickers before producing a luminescent bluish white light. The interior was wet with some condensation, the cool grey of the surrounding walls glistened with the light from the stone. This brought Raidou back to the first undertaking of this quest without the light. He was forced to fight blind, which was quite the undertaking. This time with exploiting what he had learned it would be nothing more than a walk in and out. As the white fox would lay to rest the creatures inside without a moment to pass.

The cave without light would have been nearly impossible to see through should Raidou have not brought the stone in his hand that can illuminate the area. Even Fuyuko, someone with insane perception skills would have completely been blinded by the darkness of the cave. Though, the darkness was where she thrived. If anything, the monsters here should fear her more than anything else. She was still a little ways away from increasing her damage and usable sword arts, but soon she would be doing damage capable of obliterating anything in her path. That was what her build was meant to reflect, pristine damage that left scars on everything her wake.

"If my memory serves, this batch of enemies will be some bats with no special attacks or mechanics, just a little tough on the hp, might take me a few hits, but I have the area of effect to cleave the both of them at the same time.

Raidou remembers his own fight in this cave was trivial but grueling "Correct they are rather insignificant, I will take a stance in front of the child and keep them away from her while you mop them up. Not sure if she can sustain damage but I would rather not take the risk." making his intentions known while they traveled deeper into the grotto. The path wound into a narrower segment before it took to an oval clearing, uneven stone composing the floor. The ceiling littered with jagged spires of stone protruding downward like macabre teeth from a large demon, accented by a similar showing upward. The sounds of subtle sniffling become more apparent, Raidou takes the helm and using the stone around some of these columns finds a small girl with blonde in a white dress covered in filth. "I've found the girl, which means they are not far behind." Raidou remarks as he whispers to the girl "stay behind me, ok?" wiping away a tear from her cheek as she nods.

As he turned around, the Fox was gone. The bats replaced her white visage soon after. Her fighting style relied on the element of surprise to catch enemies off guard, and it almost always came in handy. As the bats were descending upon the Red Wanderer, a white light appeared from behind the bats, piercing through the first one as it nearly took a healthy bite out of the child's head. The little girl wailed in fear as it approached, even though Raidou would have had time to come between them. With a heave, the Megitsune tossed the first bat into the second, sending them both scattering in order to try and stay airborne between the both of them.

The Megitsune's masked face scared the girl even more. To be expected, it wasn't really the most welcoming face to most people. Raidou obviously being the most welcome to see it.

image.thumb.png.f6631969cfe26884b1b7fdec93aee723.png

[1, 0]Megitsune: 160/160 | 15/16 (-3+2) DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
[0, 0]Raidou820/820 | 80/82 | DMG: 4 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | V.O 1 (9-10) | Para 1 (9-10) | Taunt | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/2]

Giant Bat 1: 26/50 (8*3) | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 
50/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Megitsune

Raidou looks down at the child at his back "Shes with me, she won't hurt you." as the little girl clung to the fringes of his robe with closed mitts. "I am going to do something to protect you but it might be a little scary, ok?" Raidou warns the kid to which she nods. As if his robe was a burning pyre, a reddened fume begins to pour to the ceiling from the fabric. "Just stay behind me and nothing will happen to you." the nomad spoke as his attentions shifted to the creatures swarming about the interior. The creatures began to spaz out as the aura started to tear apart their senses, distorting their vision and sense of smell until they could only perceive Raidou.

Raidou uses howl!

ID# 147965 results: MOB: 4-3=1, Missed vs Raidou!

ID# 147966 results: MOB: 10=10, Major Critical (+2 Base) dealing 22-54=1 damage to Raidou!

The bats scatter and hone in on the one target they can actually focus on. A frenzy of leathered wings flies in a straight line toward the swordsman clutching the glowstone. The first Raidou backhands sending it flailing through the air with a quick flash of martial arts while the second latch onto his plate glove struggling to get through the metal. "Just quit, its pathetic."

[1, 0]Megitsune: 160/160 | 15/16 DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
[3, 3]Raidou820/820 | 74/82 | DMG: 1 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/2]

Giant Bat 1: 26/50 | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 
50/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Raidou

The Megitsune ignored any fear that she might have caused the young girl. Fear was good. It kept a person feeling alive, even if they were just data in a video game. These bats have no fear, and as such, they will continuously attempt to break Raidou's guard, which will never happen, and die to the Fox's blade. Her blade illuminated white, searing hot with a burning desire to destroy anything that opposes its claw. The first bat feels her wrath again, losing its wing to her completely. It struggles to stay airborne before plummeting to the cave floor, somehow still alive, but barely. The second one feels her bite even deeper, gaining critical damage from her attack.

"Fear is a strong trait, but not let it consume you girl." She knew that the program would eventually erase her from it's memory, but her crying was getting a little annoying now. "Anyone can be strong if you have the desire to work for strength."

image.thumb.png.eb939435e17cf784d37a2dc3d4442b11.png

[1, 0]Megitsune: 160/160 | 15/16 (-5+2) DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
[3, 3]Raidou820/820 | 74/82 | DMG: 1 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/2]

Giant Bat 1: 2/50 | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 
23/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Megitsune

Fuyuko was making rather short work of the creatures, although a bit high in effective HP the bars were changing shade already with each cleave from the girl. The bats still seem unannounced to her aggression, still skittering about in the cavern trying to focus enough to see the girl to no prevail. Spiritual light was doing what it was intended and overwhelming their senses, allowing them no perception outside the nomad from which it was emanating.

Raidou Activates Vengeful Riposte (CD: 3)

The still flying bat flies toward Raidou rather crippled, its movement slowed with lashings of red upon its frame from the white fox. Raidou tilts its head and allows its poor charge to glance over shoulder, whereas the clipped one struggles to drag itself to attempt to bite at Raidou's heels. Looking down with a sigh, Raidou drops the glowstone on top of it to the sound of a pop.

ID# 148024 results: MOB: 10-3=10, Major Critical (+2 Base) dealing 22-54=1/2=1 damage to Raidou and receiving 22/2=11-0=11 damage from vengeful riposte

ID# 148025 results: MOB: 7-3=4, Missed vs Raidou!

[2, 1]Megitsune: 160/160 | 15/16 DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
[3, 3]Raidou819/820 | 70/82 | DMG: 1 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/3]

Giant Bat 1: -9/50 | 20 DMG [Dead]
Giant Bat 2: 23/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Raidou

The Fox worked her way through the darkness covered in shadows. Her only discerning feature being the red eyes piercing the veil of shadows. Her white blade shines through and completely pierces through the bat, leaving it motionless momentarily until it explodes into blue polygons of data. The Fox puts her weapon back in its holster and looks to Raidou, then the girl. The girl recoils in fear behind Raidou, still unsure of her intentions.

"Let's get her out of this damn cave. This is no place for child. Plus I need to bring her back to the mother to get the quest experience. The Fox said taking the lead out of the cave until they got to the entrance of the cave. "Now, Raidou, Firm Anima is mainly a crafting/leveling guild, right? I guess that means I'll have to take a profession. Ugh. I guess I'll do Merchant. That can't be that hard to run a shop."

image.thumb.png.85774e1662f832773b585aef57ad60a6.png

[2, 1]Megitsune: 160/160 | 15/16 DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2
[3, 3]Raidou819/820 | 70/82 | DMG: 1 | MITI: 54 | EVA: 3 | Conc [0/3] | Parry [0/3]

Giant Bat 1: -9/50 | 20 DMG [Dead]
Giant Bat 2: -1/50 | 20 DMG [Dead]

Edited by Megitsune

Beckoning the child to Megitsune who would be the one to lead her back to her mother, after the last bat falls to a blue hue. "She will need to take you back, I can go no further." Raidou explains to the recoiled girl not quite sure about following behind the white fox. With reluctance the girl listens after hesitation, keeping a few feet's distance from Fuyuko still. "It will be a valuable asset, but do not trouble yourself too much on such an affair. If you ever find that it becomes too much to handle or it is drawing too heavily on your development I would understand. When your ready contact me and I will send aid as I have done so far." Standing and picking the glowstone off the floor as the light starts to dim, "I suppose that's our queue to get out of here before we are left in the dark."