[F4|PP]<<Feeding your Enemy>>Glacial Fire

A cave made completely of ice and crystal. Home to many insanely powerful mobs for this floors level, but like that scared the fox. She was alone in the middle of nowhere so she had her mask off to the side. Makes it easier to breath this thin air. She peaked into the cave, hearing the sounds of several different types of enemies. One of them would be the boss that she was looking for, the one that she needed to tame as a familiar: Amaterasu.

The nine-tailed fox known as Amaterasu was supposedly able to breath fire so amazingly cold that it freezes anything that comes near it completely sold. It battles for protection over this area with every other mob that comes near it continues to grow stronger with each passing day. It was a familiar that was perfect for Fox. The snow crunched under her feet as she started to walk in.

@Gaius

Spoiler

General
Level: 13 | HP:  260/260 | Energy: 26/26

Stats
DMG: 9 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2

Skills
THBA Rank III

Equipment(In use)
Obsidian Scythe: DMG III
Kitsu-mono: EVA I; Rec: II
Kitsune Mask: ACC III

Equipment(Standby)
Fox Totem: LD III

Consumables:
(3x)Starter Potions
Hazelnut Cookie Rounds - LD II < Using
Extracted Perfume - Pheromones < Using
Familiar Sight < Using

Edited by Megitsune
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shiver in his back alerts him to the cold, a bit pissed he had been chosen to be an errand boy. "What a drastic waste of a good day." Gaius exclaims shuffling through the snow looking around for the girl that fits the description he had been given. "White mask, black clothes..." he remarks recurring it to keep it fresh in his memory, through the falling snow up to his shins. It doesn't take long of him wandering around before seeing a standing out a girl in a kimono shuffles into a frozen cave. Placing his hand to his mouth "Hey! You, I got your s***." Gaius shouts at the girl as he approaches, messing around in his pocket for a moment to produce all the crap the guild leader had given him to take to the girl as he was eager to get this nonsense over with so he could do something he actually wanted to.

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon

Level: 13

HP: 260/260

EN: 26/26

Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HA.S.] (T1/Perfect) +3 Base Damage

Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum

Armor: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Damage: 9

Mitigation: 9

Heavy Momentum: Every missed attack adds +2 Base Damage until the next successful one

Light Momentum: Every missed attack adds +2 Accuracy until the next successful one

Skills:

2H Assault Spear: Rank 3 (+5 Base Damage)

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Eva this turn, Cool down 3 turns

Battle Ready:

Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Edited by Gaius

The Megitsune quickly shifted her mask to her face to hide her identity before the voice got close enough to see her. He yelled, loud enough to startle her, but still she turned around and met his gaze.

"Oi, stupid. Don't just yell at people like that." She took the items from him and looked them over. Great, it was just the items she was waiting for. This trip to the cold was to find the location but now she could just get it done with. She pulled the food out and took a bite of the food, better than the rations that she normally ate for sure. Then used the perfume, which probably smelled better to monsters than her or Gaius. "Give my regards to Raidou, dummy. He came through for me today. I need to go fight a boss now, I won't settle for a familiar of anything but this certain mob."

Gaius was taken back by the response, the girl clearly did not appreciate him coming all the way the hell up here to hand deliver this crap to her. "Oh really princess!? Do you want to make me?" the cold was making him more rowdy than usual, and he was moderate on a good day. "Yeah, I am not you all's f*** errand boy, next time you bring this s*** yourself because I am not taking a step on this floor unless I damn well, please. F*** you and your damn pet, and that..." he bites his tongue as he remembers his lashing from before. "So next time if you are going to be so damn uppity, maybe be more convenient to find so I don't have to drag my a** through the whole floor looking for you and have to yell to get your attention. Am I loud enough? You got that princess?" his rant finally over as he's inches from the white mask on her face, his chest puffed out and a bit flushed.

The girl threw her hands in the man's chest knocking him back. The girl's red eyes pierced through her white porcelain mask, anger swelling through.

"You don't think I couldn't annihilate you instantly?! I'll act however I want to you because I don't have any reason to respect you with an attitude like that! I was going to find that familiar, but now, I think I would rather just destroy you." The Megitsune drew her hefty weapon, and pointed it at him. The duel icon window popped up in front of the man, asking if he would like to begin a 50% hp duel with the Fox.

"Now, bear your arm or get your [censored] beaten in, stupid. Or, deny the duel and walk away with your tail in between your legs." A moment went by while the time ticker went down. The system locked them in place, but once it hit zero the Megitsune's speed was too much for the lancer to get away. Her blade slashed through him, leaving a red gash across his chest. "Try not to make it too easy, stupid."

image.thumb.png.5f3ac3df027f521799c47321b7567ad1.png

Megitsune: 260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | HP PER: 100%
Gaius: 215/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 0/3] | 82.6%

Edited by Megitsune

Peeling himself out of the snow, surprised as he didn't expect such a stubborn response from the girl "I'll act however I damn well please, but if that's the way you want it..." Gaius vaults to his heels, a bit unstable but centered he lands and stands. "Fine by me then, let's see what you've got. See if that mouth of your has any ground to stand on." tapping the keys on his HUD as they flash accepted, A quick shift of his hand shooing it away as fast as it came. Gaius pulls his glaive from his back, twirling it around into a blur of steel as it takes green hue before he halts it under his arm with a metallic clank. The silence between them builds for a moment allowing the chilling winds to howl, as a bombastic grin pours on Gaius's mouth, and with its arrival a response "You first, princess"

A quick burst of speed and the girl cleaves hard, his armor mitigates a bit of the damage but a visible line is drawn upon his chest. "That's more like it!" Gaius shouts enjoying the thrill of combat "My turn!" as the glaive begins to twirl around in his hands and build speed, a lime green color taking the tip and casting a green circle on the blur. The wind begins to encase his frame creating pressure around him in a gale. A quick slash in her direction with a grin plastered on his face "Come at me already, don't be scared." he taunts enjoying the hit for hit game they were now playing.

Gaius Activates Disguise! [+1 Evasion until next turn]

ID# 148742 results: Battle: 5-1=4 Craft: 5, Missed!

Heavy Momentum Activates: +2 Base Damage next successful Hit (Stacks)

Light Momentum Activates: +2 Accuracy next successful Hit (Stacks)

Megitsune: 260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | HP PER: 100%
Gaius: 215/260 | 24/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 0/3] | 82.6%

Edited by Gaius

The taunting would affect her. She knew how to keep her head cool in the middle of a combat situation, especially against someone like this. Bullies would get their asses kicked if they tried to mess with her again. In high school or in Sword Art Online, she would stomp them!

The Megitsune's speed was unrealistic. She dipped and darted around Gaius, waiting for her moment to pounce. Then, she saw it: An opening in his defenses. Her blade glowed with a hot white aura, encasing it's black and red appearance with nothing but blank color. The blade breached his guard, leaving another severe gash over his body. The new cut cropping the opposite direction over the first.

"For someone who does a lot of yelling and bolstering, your bite isn't as dangerous as I imagined." She taunted back, her eyes scanned his defenses looking for her next opportunity to strike.

image.thumb.png.910fb4f60c237b08f1869fcea03fd4db.png

Gaius: 170/260 (-45) | 24/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 0/3] | 65.3%

Edited by Megitsune

Another lash from the girl, she was no pushover able to get through the winds with relative ease. "Yeah and your not to bad yourself, thanks for the compliment." Gaius was goading her into the fray, filling the energy of the fight, and enjoying every second of it with his signature smile deadlocked upon his mouth. His glaive maintaining speed in a scream of wind as he twirls and pivots it between his hands, in a flashy and showboating kind of way. Another jab in her direction with a wide cleave, Gaius was simply lashing a chair toward a lion trying to get it angrier and angrier. "Keep on going! Don't give up on me now princess!" Gaius barks like a hound, waiting to see what the girl had left to offer like a child on Christmas he couldn't be more enthused at how this was turning out as most cannot handle his gusto and cower.

ID# 148744 results: Battle: 2+2-1=3, Craft: 12 [Recover: 1]

Heavy Momentum Activates: +4 Base Damage next successful Hit (Stacks)

Light Momentum Activates: +4 Accuracy next successful Hit (Stacks)

Gaius: 170/260 | 24/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 1/3] | 65.3%

Edited by Gaius

The Megitsune was running circles around him, but she could tell that he was building something up for his next attack. If she didn't end this now, she might regret it. A few more quick motions around the boy, she jumped in lashing down at his legs, causing his feet to give out. His back landed into the snow, and before had any time to stand back up, the kitsune's scythe lodged itself right next to his head in the snow.

She stood above him with her foot on his chest and her arms folded.

"That was a pretty silly looking dance you were doing. Who am I to judge someone for wanting to dance instead of fight though. Not like attacking your opponent was something I ever thought about in the middle of combat." When she was done talking, she helped him up and to his feet. Then punched him. "Don't ever yell at me like that again, idiot."

image.thumb.png.396ac1af43e3422306a58f45e3cb7c59.png

Megitsune: 260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2 | HP PER: 100% [WINNER]
Gaius: 125/260 (-45) | 24/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 1/3] | 48.1%

Edited by Megitsune

"Funny looking dance right..." Gaius had no reason to spoil the surprise, he was building speed on the blade. A strange skill of his glaive allowing the wind to build upon it until it becomes almost cataclysmic when it connects. "I was having too much fun watching you hit me." Gaius remarks as he finds his feet, his scowl now turned to a more lightened chuckle with a scratch on the back of his head. A fist to the side of his head, Gaius couldn't help but smile "Not too shabby, princess you can pack a wallop for sure." turning his head to the side and spitting, rubbing his jaw for a moment before he looks back to the white mask on her face. "I'd look you in the eye but looks like you got a bowl stuck to your head." still taking playful jabs at the girl but they are much more light hearted then prior ones. "So a dog or something huh, let's go get a dog." Gaius says with a chuckle before walking into the cave while whistling.

"I'd look you in the eye but looks like you got a bowl stuck to your head."

The Megitsune's red eyes pierced through the light blue and white walls of the crystal cavern that they had walked into, she tried to hold back until he spoke again.

"So a dog or something huh, let's go get a dog."

"You're looking to get your ass kicked again aren't you? I swear, the strength of a Yokai isn't something you want to mess with. This boss breathes first so cold that it could freeze you instantly, if you get frozen by it, don't expect me to come save you. I heard that it might be the entire reason that this cave exists in the first place, it made the den as a it's lair. It's completely white fur except for at the tips of its tails, which are blue. I'm sure even someone with a simple brain like yours could understand a description like that." He was still an annoying little [censored], but she was somewhat impressed that he had the balls to just let her wail on him. Maybe he wasn't that bad.

Looking at the girl with a bit of confusion on his face, a raised brow giving it away. "So after all that you are scared of it? Tell you what, I'll hold it down while you slap the collar on it. I ain't scared of being a popsicle, at least I'll be a handsome one." Gaius chuckles as the whistling stops. "White thing with blue tail got it." as he slides into the more primary chamber of the cavern. Inside the entire cave is a solid block of reflective ice, the light from outside bouncing into the center from the walls. Taking a finger he rubs the walls "Yep, everything's ice. This is going to be fun." Scanning around the place the girl's white dog proves to be more elusive than she let on, as the cave looks rather empty. "There's nothing in here, sure we are at the right place?"

The Fox groaned in annoyance. "You aren't paying attention are you. We are in an extremely high leveled area for this floor, it's at least stronger than us, but not both of us combined. It destroys every enemy that comes at it freezing them solid and shattering them into pieces. The cave is empty because it's the only thing living inside: It killed everything else. It's probably one of the most powerful non-boss enemies on this entire floor. I wouldn't take it lightly if I were you." The girl said taking the lead from here. The cave had twists and turns and several entrances, making it hard to maneuver without plotting out the course, but if they kept wandering like this they would eventually get lost.

The fox closed her eyes for a moment, stopping in place and listening trying to make due with the sound of the creature rather then just looking around for it aimlessly.

Spoiler

Switching to Fox Totem from Kitsu-mono

Edited by Megitsune

Gaius looked over the girl's serious demeanor, apparently, this thing was no joke which left Gaius a bit impartial by the affair. He kind of wanted to fight it, but he realized that may make it difficult for the girl to claim as her own. "Sounds like a challenge to me. Maybe it will come back and I can fight one after you get one." most would be joking, but it was painfully apparent by Gaius's sudden plain facial expression that he was in fact: serious. He lived for this sort of thing, besting tough beasts in combat and taking a licking in the process. If they died to easily the fight was no fun, there was no thrill. Megitsune stops and starts to listen, Gaius just pauses with her letting her do her weird monk thing, just keeping an eye peeled for the white 'yokai'.whatever heebie jeebie meaning that it was supposed to have.

The Megitsune listened carefully. Anything she could hear from the caves directions would be helpful enough to get them through this section at least. After a few seconds she heard something to the cave on their left, foot steps echoing faintly through the snow. With no time to waste she spend past Gaius and went down the cave saying only one thing.

"Soko." As they went down the frozen hallway, she was disappointed to find out that there were some mobs still alive in this area. It was none other than cave bears. They either hadn't been found by Amaterasu yet, or they were unlucky to have just spawned in this area with such a dangerous beast. She thought about making a break for it and killing them instantly before remembering they were actually stronger than the other mobs on this floor.

"Why don't you go dance for them? I'm sure they'd find it funny." She nodded over to the den of bears.

image.thumb.png.e6c426fb625e971f3fe5afe11be584e6.png

Familiar not found.

Edited by Megitsune

Gaius lights up at the newfound potential creatures, as this whole affair was becoming dull and boring. "I'll show how to dance, but first a set up." Gaius remarks charging in with his glaive while paying her a grin "Follow my lead." A slide to a skid on his legs, catching some traction pulls him to his feet. Gaius barks in their direction "Hey boy's come and get me!" as he jabs a quick swipe at one, to the snarling of the white furred masses of muscle. A quick vault on his polearm back, Gaius spins it around him for a second producing a gust of wind that causes the fur to flatten out before he leaps into the air. "Grand Driver!" Gaius screams as he plummets onto the creatures. The spear impacts one directly as the others imply are lacerated by the winds swirling around him, causing red lines to rip along their skin without him making contact as a bit of the ice shatters underneath the meteoric drop.

Gaius Activates Disguise! & Trip Expand!

ID# 148747 results: Battle: 2, Craft: 10 [Recovery 1], Missed! vs Arctic Bear #1

ID# 148748 results: Battle: 10, Major Critical (+2 Base)! vs. Arctic Bear #2 dealing 66 damage to Arctic Bear #2

ID# 148749 results: Battle: 8, Hit! vs. Arctic Bear #3 dealing 54 damage to Arctic Bear #3

ID# 148750 results: Battle: 7, Hit! vs. Arctic Bear #4 dealing 54 damage to Arctic Bear #4

(1-6) Megitsune: 260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | REC: 2
(7-12) Gaius: 260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 0/3]

(0,0) Arctic Bear #1: 130/130 | DMG: 39
(0,2) Arctic Bear #2: 64/130 | DMG: 39
(0,1) Arctic Bear #3: 76/130 | DMG: 39
(0,1) Arctic Bear #4: 76/130 | DMG: 39

Edited by Gaius

The Megitsune pounced through the lines of the bears to get behind them as quickly as possible. As Gaius whipped up a storm of wind and snow, they were at least distracted enough for her to jump on them. The ripper of a blade that was her Obsidian herald gouged the enemies with no resentment. Each slash pulverized the  bears in her way, one even met it's final moment so instantly that it exploded into the snow with nothing left behind but blue polygons.

Here's where things got rough. Raidou wasn't here to tank for the both of them, which means they might be in a bit of trouble. In the instant that all her critical attacks landed, every single one of the bears turned on her. She weaved through their attacks the best she could, but inevitably, one caught her. Its massive paw sent her into the wall of ice. Her back cracked the crystal upon impact. "T-Temei..."

image.thumb.png.f10e1f6ce66bd295d5cf7dbf4f277307.png

(1-6) Megitsune: 229/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 
(7-12) Gaius: 260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 0/3]

(2,0) Arctic Bear #1: 64/130 (11*6) | DMG: 39
(0,2) Arctic Bear #2: 0/130 (11*6) | DMG: 39 [Dead]
(1,1) Arctic Bear #3: 22/130 (9*6) | DMG: 39
(2,1) Arctic Bear #4: 16/130 (10*6) | DMG: 39

Loot:

Col: 1,170
Materials: 2
ID#148751 = T1 Perfect Battleaxe

Edited by Megitsune

Gaius chuckles for a second as Megitsune exploits the opening and makes good on the exposure. "Guess it takes two to tango, now your learning to dance!" Gaius laughs as the bear rakes at her most of them missing their marks but one finds true. "Hey buddy hands off the princess if anyone is going to give her a hard time it's going to be me." he shouts a bit visibly angry about the fact, twirling his glaive around before he lunges forward and throws it into one's mouth. Latching on to the polearm Gaius brutally rips it upward causing a spray of data in a trailing line before a grand cleave arc in a wide circle clipping the remaining two and the now fading third in half. Popping his neck and a quick spin as he changes the dominant leg, locking the weapon behind his right arm "What a pathetic fight."

Gaius Activates Trip Expand!

ID# 149219 results: Battle: 10, Craft: 10 [+1 EN/REC], Major Critical (+2 Base) vs. Arctic Bear #1 dealing 66 damage killing Arctic Bear #1

ID# 149222 results: Craft: 11, Loot: 7

520*Col

4*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Trinket #149222a

ID# 149220 results: Battle: 9, Minor Critical (+1 Base) vs. Arctic Bear #2 dealing 60 damage killing Arctic Bear #2

ID# 149223 results: Craft: 3, Loot: 18

650*Col

2*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Consumable #149223a

T1 Rare Weapon #149223b

ID# 149221 results: Battle: 7, Hit! vs. Arctic Bear #3 dealing 54 damage killing Arctic Bear #3

ID# 149224 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 4

650*Col

2*T1 Materials

(1-6) Megitsune: 229/260 | 14/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 
(7-12) Gaius: 260/260 | 4/26 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 9 | REC: 1 | H.M 2 | L.M 2 | [DSG: 0/3]

(2,0) Arctic Bear #1: -2/130 | DMG: 39 [Dead]
(0,2) Arctic Bear #2: 0/130 | DMG: 39 [Dead]
(1,1) Arctic Bear #3: -38/130 | DMG: 39 [Dead]
(2,1) Arctic Bear #4: -38/130 | DMG: 39 [Dead]

Total Loot:

1820*Col

8*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Trinket #149222a

T1 Rare Consumable #149223a

T1 Rare Weapon #149223b

Edited by Gaius

The Fox, sits in the snow for a moment regaining her senses and waiting for the sudden pain to settle. Gaius finishes off the remaining bears while they loom over her, somewhat glad she didn't take another one of those attacks. Was this what it felt like to be attacked? Needed to get better at dodging, that [censored] hurt more than she thought it would. She sat up and tried to relax her muscles.

"Good job stupid." Her voice under a little pain as she struggled to stand back up. "You can really bring some pain with that fancy dancing you do, that is, if you ever hit anything." It was clear the pain was still visible on her, but soon it subsided and she adjusted herself. She returned to Gaius and looked him in the eyes through her mask. "Shall we continue then? Nothing can get down with us just standing around her with our thumbs up our ass."

@Gaius

"Nice front princess, but good on you for not being a wuss about it." Gaius chuckles as he looks around for a moment to get a sense of the security, a bit discouraged at the lack of more to lay waste to. "Yeah, no problems here. If we could find something else that wants to eat us I am all for it, as long as you can keep going." Gaius goaded with a rather distasteful grin on his face, egging her on even further. Sheathing his spear with a quick turn of the weapon over his shoulder, a bit saddened at how fast the fight had concluded. A wipe of his hands on the walls, a quick scan around and a sigh "This quest is stupid, where is this blue and white whatever already." as he was becoming visibly impatient. Removing a roll from his inventory, Gaius scarfs it down like a serpent, dropping the white parchment it was contained in to the ice floor.

Turn out of combat: 1

Gaius EN: 5/26