[F4|PP]<<Feeding your Enemy>>Glacial Fire

It seemed like Gaius was still not understanding the point of getting ahold of a familiar since it was so much work. The work for it was annoying so far, but it was too important to go without. She simply needed it.

"Yes. The buff works as though you were wearing a fourth equipment slot for free. I'll give you an example." She pulled her scythe up and held it out to Gaius, allowing him to inspect it more keenly. Opening the description of the item, she could show the enhancements that were placed on it. "See how this weapon currently has the enhancement of extra damage? It allows me to extend the damage I do, but I can't add other effects to it since extra damage fills those slots. If I get this familiar, it will allow me to enhance it as a way to buff my damage without investing slots on my weapon. So my familiar can buff my damage as my weapon is right now and I can use the slots on my weapon for things the familiar can't fill like Bleed, Paralysis, Burns, phase. Stuff like that without sacrificing necessary damage slots."

@Gaius

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An extended weapon in the shape of a rather gruesome looking gardening tool, a long drawn blackened blade extending from the handle. Gaius was really trying, looking at Megitsune's little menu at the block of text that was way outside of his wheelhouse. "So it is basically...Two weapons or something." Gaius just threw a dart in the dark, he couldn't help but zone out halfway through the description of 'math'. Looking down the length of the cavern, this damned furball was proving way to fleeting for his taste. The place was still rather well lit despite the depth they were into it, more than likely due to the crystalline surface of ice offering the light from outside through the reflective walls. An audible growl from his stomach, Gaius groans and clutches his stomach. Thoughts to the next meal danced inside his skull, perhaps something with mozzarella was next on the menu.

The Fox shrugged at his assumption. "If that's what helps you understand it sure. Trying to comprehend it is a bit meaningless, but the effects it provides are just too important to be ignored." Getting up from her position in the snow, Fox looked down the hallway of the crystaline cave to make sure nothing was coming again, but even still she could feel another presence walking this way. Would it be to lucky to assume that this one was actually the enemy they were looking for?

Motioning Gaius to move out of site, she took a position against the wall again. If this were any other monster in the game, she would just rush down the cave and slash it in half. Delicate procedures were annoying as hell, but if she wanted this familiar, she would really need to catch it off guard. "Something else is coming, maybe we'll get lucky this time." The girl whispered adjusting her mask.

The girl was performing an honest attempt at trying to explain the nuance of the system to Gaius, but it would not sink in. He was a man of action, not one of numbers which is why he differed the crunching to those who were adept at such things. "Right, Guess I get one and do the thing. But I won't pretend to understand any of it." Shuffling to the side hoping that his stomach would not give them away at the wrong moment, he hunches down a bit. When the thing went to rush past, if it did not stop immediately he would tackle it. A soft patter of footfalls echoed across the glass, audible from down the expanse of the cavern. He sat silently in suspense, this waiting s*** was for the birds but if the girl needed it he did not see why he should not take a moment of respite for the creature.

As the footsteps came louder down the hallway, Fox peered around the corner to see what was coming their way. It was it. The monster that she was waiting for! Unfortunately, it happened to see her peak around the wall and notice it, bolting the other direction the moment they make eye contact.

"Oi! Wait!" The girl dashed after the being as quickly as possible. It wouldn't escape her easily. Or, perhaps it will. As they rounded another corner, they we're met with a bear five times larger than the ones that they had fought before. Attempting to ignore the interruption was useless. The white fox bound past the bear, leaving it's giant paw to nearly crush the Megitsune in the snow. Luckily she was able to stop her momentum before it killed her. With a low growl, more pissed than ever, Fox turned to Gaius. He could feel her anger through her mask.

"KILL IT." She said pointing to the giant ursa.

image.png

Familiar not found, I know its your fault Gaius! 

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: 0 | LM 2: 0 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
(7-12) Megitsun260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

Massive Ursa: 200/200 | DMG: 45

The blue and white furball they were after glanced past, he caught but a bit of it before a massive roar pierced the silence as he gave chase. A rather imposing looking titan of fur and muscle, Gaius stops and slides on the slick surface underfoot as Megitsune calls for the creature's demise. "Gotcha." Gaius chuckles as he skids while removing his spear from his back. It turns and with a feral bark at him swipes. Leaping airborne his weapon takes a glow as winds suck to his body, enveloping his frame as the show was starting up. He connects with his heels to the ceiling, his legs folding against the surface. He would be ready to launch like a missile once his art was charged and he had a clear shot. With the wind building upon him, it held him aloft as the pressure kept him pressed upwards as he prepared to drop.

ID# 152567 results: Battle: 2, Craft: 2, Missed! vs. Massive Ursa!

Heavy Momentum Activated! +2 Base Damage

Light Momentum Activated!: +2 Accuracy

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 24/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: 2 | LM 2: 0 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
(7-12) Megitsun260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

Massive Ursa: 200/200 | DMG: 45

Edited by Gaius

With her small stature, Fox slid underneath the bear, pulling her scythe off her back and it took on it's familiar white glow. With a loud growl of anger, she unleashed her most powerful sword art, tearing through not only the bears furry stomach, but also a slight more than 25% of it health points.

"You are going to die you piece of [censored]!" The claw continued to gnash through the boss monster belly. Until it was tired with being ripped apart by the obsidian claw, it slammed its body on the ground. Rolling out of the way and climbing onto the things back, Fox dug her claw into it's back and pulled the beast back. Bringing it up to its hind legs and leaving it open for an attack from her ally.

"Hit it now!" She called out to him, struggling with keeping the animal on it's back legs.

image.png

Players:
[0](1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 24/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: 2 | LM 2: 2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
[1](7-12) Megitsun260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

Massive Ursa: 146/200 (6*9) | DMG: 45

Leaping from the ceiling like a cataclysmic bomb with a vibrant burst of green energy with a pressure of wind echoing outward, sleet is cast outward from the front of the beast's frame as Megitsune keeps it held aloft with her blackened blade. The obscurity fades away to reveal Gaius hopping back using his polearm to vault, a wide grin plastered on his face with the success. That attack felt good, damn good and it showed up on the now almost slack appearance on the large white ball of muscle. "Like that?" he remarked with a cocky smile, twirling the glaive around before halting it with a metallic clank behind his arm. It was still standing but for how long remained to be seen, with a rather limp looking body now stuck in Megitsune's grasp awaiting her rebuttal. "You going to finish this pathetic thing or am I, this is getting kind of sad." with a bright red tear down its head to its nethers.

ID# 152632 results: Battle: 10, Crafting: 4, Major Critical (+2 Base Damage) burning Heavy Momentum and dealing 78 damage!

Players:
[2](1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 19/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: 0 | LM 2: 0 | DSG [0/3]
[1](7-12) Megitsun260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

Massive Ursa: 68/200 | DMG: 45

Edited by Gaius

Gaius's spear cleaved heavily into the Ursa's thick hide with little problem. Much more impressive to see him actually attacking something and dealing some good damage. The battle wasn't finished just yet, as the the bear still lived. It was going to be pretty close, but she would probably be just a little bit short of killing the thing.

"Don't go bossing me around." The girl jokes as she pulls her scythe loose from the bear's back. Still standing atop the beast, she activates her sword art. The black blade of her weapon lit up white-hot with power and dug directly into the Ursa's head. Any any other world, this bear would have died instantly from brain damage, but here it was nothing but a hollow model.

Before she could get the chance to remove her weapon, the bear began to move sporadically in an attempt to shake her off. After some struggling, she finally was dislodged, with her weapon still lodged into the beast's head. Barreling towards Gaius, her body would collided with his if he didn't move.

image.png

Players:
[2](1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 19/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: 0 | LM 2: 0 | DSG [0/3]

Massive Ursa: 14/200 (-9*6)| DMG: 45

A sudden fling of the girl in his direction beckons a quick change in stance, planting his feet solid beneath him like a linebacker. "And...Gotcha!" Gaius remarks as her body slams into his, halting any potential harm she may have received from the force. His HP widdles away just a bit from the brunt he had just taken. A bit winded but she was safe, cocking back his weapon with his free hand, a lancing toss screams through the air as the weapon pierces through the aggressor's skull. With two weapons embedded within inches of each other, it staggers forward before halting like a statue. A blue light claims its feet, it drops into a kneel before expiring allowing the weapons to ricochet to the ice in a clatter of metal. A cough for a moment "That could have been a nasty tumble, try not to get flung around too much yeah. I don't know if I can catch you every time princess."

Gaius sustains 10 damage from the impact!

ID# 152968 results: Battle: 8, Craft: 11 [+1 EN] Hit! dealing 54 damage killing Massive Ursa!

ID# 152969 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 14

1000*Col

2*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Weapon #152969a

T1 Uncommon Consumable #152969b

Players:
[3](1-6) Gaius 250/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: 0 | LM 2: 0 | DSG [0/3]

Massive Ursa: -40/200| DMG: 45

Total Loot:

4900*Col

22*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Trinket #149222a

T1 Rare Consumable #149223a

T1 Rare Weapon #149223b

T1 Perfect Armor #150831a

T1 Perfect Trinket #150831b

T1 Rare Weapon #151161a

T1 Uncommon Consumable #151161b

T1 Rare Weapon #152969a

T1 Uncommon Consumable #152969b

Edited by Gaius

"Tch," The girl wiggled out of his arms and set her feet in the snow, looking a bit defensive as he tried to look cool in front of her, or something. "Whatever. I don't even weigh like 50kg. It's not hard to toss me around, I guess. Looks like I'll have to eat walls and ground those few times you miss." She folded her arms and walked over to her weapon to pry it free from the ground. Once it was back in her possession, she put it in it's holster where it belongs. Eyeing the javelin that belongs to Gaius, she kicked it up off the ground. The polearm flung in the air for a moment before she caught it in her hand and launched it at him.

"Catch this!" She said with a grin, wondering if he would have the reactions to catch his own weapon. Not even worrying if it hit him and gave her an orange cursor.

His weapon retrieved by Megitsune with a quick heave in his direction. An opened grasp with a raised palm without pause, he was used to heaving this weapon around. As such, handling it when it flew at him was a paltry effort. The sounds of his hand sliding along the handle despite the speed, before a quick grip around center mass latch into his grasp. a lime hue takes its edge as it twirls to disperse the momentum to a halt. "Not bad, guess there's some similarities between our weapons if you can handle <<Ascent>> like that." The quest was getting rather tiresome, as was the growing appetite in his belly being a constant reminder he was out of grub. "So now what, we just keep walking around whistling the thing ran that way." Gaius remarks with a gesture of the glaive's point toward the entry they had just trekked down. This was obviously a goose chase, and the animal in question a white furball the girl just had to have like a pair of new shoes.

An annoyed expression returned as she realized the entire reason she needed to kill that giant bear. The freakin' fox continued to elude them and she would be even more pissed if she found it again and it got away.

"We continue to look for the stupid thing. If I can wrestle with it for a minute, I can make it obey me and then we can move on from this." The true annoyance could be felt in her voice alone, but she wasn't going to stand around waiting for it to come to them anymore. They were going to bum rush thing the moment they saw it. Taking point, Megitsune follows the path that Amaterasu ran down. Perhaps it might think that they wouldn't make it through that giant bear and they could still catch it by surprise.

At his observation of her handling his weapon with ease, she turned to him and held out her weapon. "That toothpick? It weighs nothing compared to this thing." She held the scythe out for him to take hold of and feel the weight of personally.

Taking the weapon into his grasp it was indeed heavier by quite a margin, he could feel most of the weight being in the bladed portion whereas his was balanced around the grip. "You got me there, weird you'd pick something so heavy given how light you are. My toothpick is light so I move around. I want to swing the weapon, not have it swing me." Gaius remarked with some of his past coming forth. "Anyways, so we just tackle the f*** and boom, you got a gerbil yeah?" he gave his gist of the plan, he was not one for forethought so this was about as deep as he needed. He kept pace with Megitsune but it was not in her tactical hoping around walls and junk like an espionage movie, he just kept a brisk walk behind her and paused when she stopped. The thing about a bull in a china shop, you don't expect him to buy glassware you just hope he doesn't break s***.

When she was given her weapon back, she returned it to the place it belonged. It might weigh more than her, but that was point. With all the weight centered in the head of the weapon,  it made her attacks as devastating as possible when she connected.

"The most calm part of a tornado is in the center. With the way my weapon is designed, it favors wide swings with perfect precision. Build up momentum and destroy everything in front of me with a whirlwind of strikes that pierce deep."

If she let this familiar slip from her again, she was actually going to be mad. Was that just her bad luck, or was the game playing stupid tricks on her? Could she not actually get the familiar that she wanted? "We'll catch the damn thing. If we don't I'm going to be pretty damn pissed. Then you're going to have to listen to the princess whine."

The sentiment was shared as this was becoming quite the task, it felt as though they had lived in this cave for a lifetime so far. "Funny way to put it." Gaius remarked given the wind pressure skill he had received from his own Gemini being actual wind. He could draw comparisons in the manner she was describing and his own fighting style, too many to count so he wouldn't. "That's why I never have a goal in mind, it is way easier to just go with the flow and have s*** just happen then aiming for something and getting pissed off when you don't reach what you're after." there he was responding again without thinking first, he bit his tongue and changed the subject. "We will get it. Don't worry it can only run so many times before it dies of old age." he joked with her, this almighty beast sure as s*** didn't want to fight them it seemed.

Edited by Gaius

As much as she wanted to bite into his logic, he probably wouldn't get very much from it. That kind of attitude could leave you completely open to problems and failure.

"Planning is still important when you are going on a mission. Not everything can go right, but that doesn't mean I won't get the results that I want. I'll cut down and destroy everything in my path if that's what it takes." Combining the abilities of smart planning and brash execution she could succeed in anything.

"Of course we'll get it." She responded quickly, giving him something of a stink-eye. Her mood had dropped drastically, though, it was probably apparent that it wasn't directed at Gaius. "That stupid thing will die by my hand if I can't have it. It's not going to make a fool out of me and get away, its going to pay for it's stupidity."

Gaius smiled at her eagerness at the very least, if she was the planning type so be it. But it was not his bag "My point exactly, I don't need to think about it. Either it works or I'll kick its a** until it does." The numbers can be left to the bean counters after the fact, this was his way of doing things. "Actions can speak for me, but enjoying the journey is half the fun. I mean look at this place. If I just dropped off that s*** and left, I would have missed these fights and this weird mirrored place. I didn't plan this, but here I am. Even if I am starving to death in here, it's beautiful you know." He could feel her spunk, her gusto, and determination under all that anger. It was rather adorable she was so miffed "Deal, you can kill it if it keeps being a f***. I'll get the next one after the fact." as they traveled the path back toward the entrance looking for this little chickens*** that kept running back and forth.

"Eh, its not bad I guess." The girl said, inspecting the mirrored walls of the cave. She could see the reflections of both of them in the mirror, and her angered face. With a quick deep breath, she trained to regain her cool and fix her strained expression. Nobody wanted to see that, especially not her. "Whatever. If I reach the end goal, who cares about how the journey was... I guess. I might be getting kind of annoyed, but this isn't... entirely bad."

They couldn't be too far from the fox. They got rid of the giant ursa pretty quickly, so maybe they would be able to catch up with it. "Whether or not it takes another hour, we'll get it done. The we'll both get some food and some f***ing sleep." Drawing her weapon once again, to make sure nothing surprises her, she could see a sharp turn in the cave.

Gaius took a look after the regain of composure, "See, suits you better. You may be always driven toward that one more digit on your little menu screen, but its the reason why you're annoyed. It's not bad at all, is it? Now if everything was not entirely bad and you could enjoy it instead of hoping that little number went up one more point. That would be the life." Gaius joked with her trying to offer his perspective as honestly as he could although it was rather charged given his lack of tact. "I could chase this thing forever, simply because I don't give a f*** how it turns out. As long as its a good time, I am cool with it. You could use a nap and maybe if your lucky I'll cook you something more fitting of your title." he spoke as in his peripheral a knot of tails scattered around the corner.