[F4|PP]<<Feeding your Enemy>>Glacial Fire

The fox looked a bit impatient as well. She didn't want to spend eons looking for the legendary creature that continued to elude them, but she would have to. This one was special and she would have it, whether it wanted it or not.

"The Amaterasu is a crafty creature of legend. It likely is leaving enemies in it's cave alive in order to wear us down and discourage us. That being said, The girl removed her mask and moved it off to the side of her head, revealing her pale, young face to the cook. "If it's actively avoiding us and trying to wear us out, that means it's scared of us. Well, me, at least. You're dancing skilled are sure to make it shake in the snow though. So, you know, keep that up."

Fox leaned against the cave wall, resting herself. "We'll rest up and regain some energy before moving on."

Edited by Megitsune
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A revealed face Gaius flashes her a thumbs up, folding his legs as he plants himself in the ice rather quickly. The polearm propped against his shoulder, "Surprised that thing moves, thought it was just your actual face. Looks good though, I like your real face much better" Gaius joked with her, it was rather amusing roweling her up. "It's what I am good at, I am an excellent dancer, they fall dead from the sheer awe of it." Gaius remarked with a laugh, opening his inventory and pulling out a couple of rolls of fresh bread wrapped in a white paper. "Here princess, it may not be a grand meal for someone as refined as yourself, but I wouldn't want you to wilt to dust at the next small breeze." As he tosses one to her and unwraps his own before sinking his teeth into like some sort of animal.

The girl catches it without even looking at the item soaring through the air. She didn't know if he might be trying to poison her with some sort of food, so she waited for him to take a bite first then stuffed some of the bread in her mouth. Only a small bite.

"So you're a dancer and cook. You must look absolutely adorable in an apron." She took another bite from the loaf of bread, sitting quietly. It was good, but she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that she liked it. It was already enough for him to see her real face. "You think I I look posh?"She chuckled before breaking out into an actual laugh."You're hilarious! I sleep in a hammock in a shrine right next to you're guild base, you know that right? Have you not noticed the shrine that has been moved in? Or is your thick skull blinding your vision that much?"

@Gaius

Gaius finishes his roll in record time, even for him. Turns out dunking ice bears really builds an appetite. "Damn straight My food would change your life, by the way, I cook in the nude with just the apron." Gaius joked after he saw her take a bite. Leaning back and sprawling out his legs "Should I have, I don't pay attention to s*** that doesn't concern me. The hell should I get in on the drama and crap for. Maybe you need a real bed, that way that stick can fall out your a** and you can stop worrying about big spooky fur balls and loosen up a bit." Gaius chuckled picking his teeth with his pinky and looking at his reflection in the ice underneath him between his sprawled legs, fully comfortable despite the conditions around him as he started to comb through his hair using his hands then paying his mirror a cocky grin.

"Tch," The Fox sneered, "I'm not scared of anything that my weapon can touch and my hammock is comfy." She leaned against the blue ice behind her, partaking in the roll more since she has determined that food wasn't poisoned. That and she didn't realize how hungry she was until she took the first bite of the roll moments ago. Once she was finished with it, she folded her arms and looked off to the side. "Gochisosama deshita."

The meal was better than she expected, although she wouldn't let him know that. Looking weak in front of someone who found themselves so much superior to others was going to get you an ear full. Why did she even take her mask off? Did this guy really deserve the honor to see her face? Raidou earned it because he was respectable, this idiot wasn't so much respectable as Raidou, but at least he could hold his own in a fight, even if he danced around like an idiot tornado.

@Gaius

Edited by Megitsune

Gaius finishes inspecting he reflection before his attentions shift to Megitsune who muttered some language that passed right over his head, he figured it was an insult. "So why the white furred blue tail thing, what's the point of going through all this to get a gerbil for." a completely tactless question from a man with little to spare but he was curious what this was all for. "It doesn't seem like you need any help. You do alright." he remarks with a stretch that pops something lower in his back. "I love doing crap like this, just going with the flow and experiencing it all yah no? Sometimes just the journey despite where it takes you ends up being the place you're meant to be." as he falls to his back and stares intently at the ceiling. Wherever the road led, Gaius was enjoying every second he had to use.

The fox looked back over to him, wondering if he even understood what it meant to have a familiar. She sighed and closed her eyes while she explained. "The fox is going to be my familiar. A familiar can work as a fourth equipment slot that allow me to put other enhancements on my weapon that isn't just raw damage. It will let me gain special unique enhancements without sacrificing the damage that I'm doing now, so it is insanely important that I find this fox. It will make things even easier to kill."

Her legs were getting cold in the snow. The feeling was much more shallow than it was in the real world, so even the cold against her bare skin was hardly bothering. A genuine complement actually came her way though. Which was surprising. It was difficult to see him giving one without a witty retort in response. "I'm despising the journey, but that doesn't mean I don't want to reach the goal. I do everything I can to have the benefit, and have fun the best I can on the way. This experience so far has been... Much more pleasant than others. I have really enjoyed meeting you and watching your funny dances destroy things." She giggled throwing in that last thing that she was never going to let go.

@Gaius

Finally a moment of clarity, so it was a power thing. Gaius looked around for a moment, as perhaps her critter was going to just happen by while they were distracted. That would be luck. "Well that makes some sense I guess, however, I leave that crap to others to figure out. Enhancements, Skills blah blah... Too much math. Red robe kid is my calculator, he seems good enough at it I can just leave it to him." Gaius remarked to all the number crunchy craziness. "I just sort of go where the winds take me, its a bit ironic given how my weapon copies that." he shuffles a bit in the snow, patting his kneecap to knock free some that had clung to his pant leg. A sharp exhale as he lifts up and looks about the cavern "It really is something, to think I would have missed it all if I didn't invite myself. Likewise, you're not that bad. Who knows maybe I'll teach you how to dance sometime."

The Megitsune stood up from her seat as well, nearly slipping on the ice under the snow before catching herself. Once she fixed her posture, she looked back over to Gaius. "Well, we can't all be the greatest with numbers. I myself aren't very good with them, I just understand the benefits cause I've put a lot of time into games like this before. You might not be the best with them, but hey, you're damn decent at putting those numbers to work, even if you don't understand 'em that well."

After a stretch, the Fox's ears twitched, something was coming down the hall of the ice cave, it could be Amaterasu. She quickly grabbed Gaius by the arm and pulled him over to the wall next to the entrance into the small room encased of ice. She brought her finger up to her mouth like she was silently shushing him, then moved her mask back into position ready to pounce on anything that might come through this cave.

@Gaius

A sudden shift in demeanor drew the pair together. Gaius was not the sneaky type, but for the sake of brevity he decided for once to keep quiet even though it wasn't his bag. Then he heard the pattering of footfalls in the distance giving away something just beyond sight. It could be the girl's giant furball, Gaius paid her a grin as she stuck that thing back on her face. A contrast of color as his green eyes met her red. A slide of his feet and a quick push off the wall, he lists without a sound in a clever and rather silent slide from one side of the rounded opening to the other. A split forming a cover from both sides of the entry, Gaius prepared himself to tackle the beast if it came through fast. It was not going to get away this time, even if he had to wrestle the ball of death himself to the ground.

Rounding the corner were another pack of four bears, fur as as white as the blinding, hue-less snow. The growled as they noticed the duo pushed against the wall. Whelp, looks like it was time for another fight. The Megitsune pulled her giant scythe off her back and readied it for her first attack. Gaius moved in front of her first. His lance blocked a claw from smacking her into the ice once more. "Hey, pay attention Princess. Would hate to see you plastered against the wall again."

"Oi, I would be alright, these things do that much damage anyway." She backed up for a moment to let him take control of the fight, rounding behind the bears to set up a flank. "Thanks though. Focus on our Area Attacks and we'll send em packing like the last set of bears. After that we can get back to finding Amaterasu."

image.thumb.png.9e175aad2425daafeb192fdd51a64019.png

Error 404: Familiar not Found, again stop stealing my good rolls raidou

Edited by Megitsune

Another grouping of bears screams through the door, taking a quick swipe at the girl who stood out like a sore thumb amongst the backdrop. Rebuking the claw and twirling the weapon in his hand. "Let's do this." as the head of the pack manages to shift out of the way due to its momentum, sliding just out of the scope of his weapon. They would think twice about hunting the scent the pair was giving off, a wide cleave followed by a gust of wind from his blade draws a lime green curve leaving scars of red lacerations behind. Jamming his polearm's handle into the ice, Gaius rights himself and uses it to push himself into a slide backward. "I am right here, come get me." The beasts snarl and slide a bit before raking claws into the ice like cleats. Gaius lists back before the movement stops and he twirls his weapon left and right before stopping behind his right side, extending his left and using an upturned hand to taunt them to him. Vaulting above them as they charge toward him Gaius aims for the wall behind Megitsune, tossing a quick hand down to the girl "Time to dance." with his intentions to spring off the wall and build her speed.

Gaius Activates Trip Expand & Disguise!

ID# 150812 results: Battle: 5, Craft: 12 [+1 EN], Missed vs. Arctic Bear #1

ID# 150813 results: Battle: 8, Hit! vs Arctic Bear #2 dealing 54 damage!

ID# 150814 results: Battle: 7, Hit! vs Arctic Bear #3 dealing 54 damage!

ID# 150815 results: Battle: 6, Hit! vs Arctic Bear #4 dealing 54 damage!

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
(7-12) Megitsun260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

Hatred:    Mobs:        
(0,0)    Arctic Bear #1 | HP: 130/130 | DMG: 39
(1,0)    Arctic Bear #2 | HP: 76/130 | DMG: 39
(1,0)    Arctic Bear #3 | HP: 76/130 | DMG: 39
(1,0)    Arctic Bear #4 | HP: 76/130 | DMG: 39

Edited by Gaius

Grabbing Gaius's free hand with hers, she caught his momentum. His burst of speed combined with the launch of him pulling her ahead of him created an explosive tornado of death named The Megitsune. Her scythe tore through every single one of the bears, lighting up critical signals on each of them and nearly finishing the bulk of the pack then and there.

The Fox landed gracefully in the snow, kicking up a cloud of white behind her as she skidded to a halt. Although they were nearly dead, the bears weren't out just yet. They all charged her simultaneously, lashing claws one after another. Fox used the pole of her weapon to deflect each one until one got through. The claw ate her chest open and a second attack sent her flying again. A groan of pain escaped her lips under the porcelain mask that hid expression. "I-Ita-ta..."

image.thumb.png.309658a7928fe2a45fee90a3ebae8906.png
image.thumb.png.7d152019a4570a7b48e805cdeb6fabff.png

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
(7-12) Megitsun182/260 (-39) | 14/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

(0,2)    Arctic Bear #1 | HP: 70/130 (-60) | DMG: 39
(1,2)    Arctic Bear #2 | HP: 10/130 (-66) | DMG: 39
(1,2)    Arctic Bear #3 | HP: 10/130 (-66) | DMG: 39
(1,2)    Arctic Bear #4 | HP: 16/130 (-60) | DMG: 39

Edited by Megitsune

An extreme whirlwind of power, as Gaius launches the girl forward with his own power with the gale on his back still present. Massive damage ensues as roaring wounds split open wide, Gaius lands shortly after her strike on the opposing wall. Implanting his glaive as a form of stability, only managing to catch a glimpse of the attacks the bears render. The obvious leader is smart enough to extricate itself from Gaius's wrath. "Watch where you step, get within my range and your bound to regret it." Gaius shouts after a look at Megitsune who had sustained some damage. Hunching deep Gaius lunges as he rips free the polearm to a spray of ice and a show of force. An abnormal seriousness painted on his face, misplacing his signature grin to a sharp glare before it vanishes under a slam that causes snow to create a cloud. the sounds of a twirling weapon and flashes of green light bleed through the fog. It clears as Gaius moves Megitsune as it falls to clean air, paying her a nod and a word. "Finish this princess, the big one is yours. Payback is going to be a b**** right?" as he lifts his glaive like a lance and heaves it with every fiber of his being forward to buy her an opening.

ID# 150827 results: Battle: 4, Craft: 12 [+1 EN] Missed! vs Arctic Bear #1

ID# 150828 results: Battle: 7, Hit! vs Arctic Bear #2 dealing 54 damage killing Arctic Bear #2

ID# 150831 results: Craft: 6, Loot: 20

910*Col

1*T1 Perfect Armor #150831a

1*T1 Perfect Trinket #150831b

ID# 150829 results: Battle: 8, Hit! vs Arctic Bear #3 dealing 54 damage killing Arctic Bear #3

ID# 150832 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 5

390*Col

4*T1 Materials

ID# 150830 results: Battle: 7, Hit! vs Arctic Bear #4 dealing 54 damage killing Arctic Bear #4

ID# 150833 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 5

390*Col

4*T1 Materials

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 5/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
(7-12) Megitsun182/260 | 14/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

(0,2)    Arctic Bear #1 | HP: 70/130 | DMG: 39
(2,2)    Arctic Bear #2 | HP: -44/130 | DMG: 39
(2,2)    Arctic Bear #3 | HP: -44/130 | DMG: 39
(2,2)    Arctic Bear #4 | HP: -38/130 | DMG: 39

Total Loot:

3510*Col

16*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Trinket #149222a

T1 Rare Consumable #149223a

T1 Rare Weapon #149223b

1*T1 Perfect Armor #150831a

1*T1 Perfect Trinket #150831b

Edited by Gaius

Standing up slowly with the pain still shooting down her back momentarily, she let it clear before Gaius got over her to her. "I'm good, this bear has got another thing coming if he thinks he's going to keep me down." The snide remark was met with a parry of the bears claw, until the other was able to reach his weapon out and make a distraction to begin her sword art.

The black blade turned white, changing the contrast of the background behind them with a bright gleam of light. She stepped forward to make her attack, but the distraction provided by Gaius wasn't enough. She would need to create an opening for him. Moving to the other side of the bear, she forced it turn away from him. She kicked the bear in the head with her barefoot and looked over at Gaius with a nod.

image.thumb.png.7d326119d9a28c28507094b664373d2c.png

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 5/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA
(7-12) Megitsun182/260 | 12/26 | DMG: 9 | ACC: +3

Edited by Megitsune

Gaius lunges forward past the attempted blow by his partner, the creature seemed more competent than those of its pack now deceased. Latching to his spear halting it before it impales the wall Gaius shifts and turns to a wide blow which the bear slides easily out of range as its age gives it a greater perception. The missed cleave is salvaged as Gaius wraps the weapon in his grasp and begins to gyrate around his frame in a blur of steel as the light begins to build. "Shifty little bastard aren't you." Gaius barks as he stares to his stamina bar, leaving but a sliver left but hopefully, it would be enough to finish this monster. Moving the spinning blender closer with a slowed walk, he builds pressure and hopefully a fitting distraction for Megitsune to exploit. A smile finds his mouth again, a subtle tell on his intentions.

ID# 150867 results: Battle: 3, Craft: 2

Heavy Momentum Activated! +2 Base Damage!

Light Momentum Activated! +2 Accuracy!

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 4/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA

Edited by Gaius

Megitusne watched Gaius's performance, even if she did find it funny, there was something about the technique that made it special. Something that made it devastating if you let build. Like a fire just inches away from gasoline. It would exploded right in your face if you didn't take it seriously. The kitsu admired that.

With the bear slightly distracted, it still tries to lash the girl with it's large claw. A swift step to the right let it hit nothing but air. The blade spun with it's white aura again. Slamming down on the bears next and pinning it to the ground like a photo hung on the wall. The movement was so fast that the bear couldn't react even if tried.

"Pitiful. If you wanna kill me, your intentions have to be hidden better than that. Feral beasts wear their hearts on their sleeve. You can predict them without any problem." Megitsune snarled looking down on the poor creature that had found itself under the Fox's claw. "Gaius, kill it."

Although her words seemed authoritarian, they now seemed more like one of a comrade to Gaius.

image.thumb.png.c68fa32fa49fd2de59ac5bd31eae2216.png

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 4/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA

(0,2)    Arctic Bear #1 | HP: 16/130 (-54) | DMG: 39

Edited by Megitsune

Gaius still building speed as a green glow takes his weapon brighter and brighter, wind building upon it with each turn. Megitsune dodges and rips it down to the floor. A prime target for what was coming next. A spin overhead into a quick pendulum into a guillotine as Gaius shouts "Don't blink." An earth shattering impact like a bomb going off underwater. Snow bursts from the point of the blast into a roaring cloud, as fragments of data, scatter from within. A quick pivot and a raised leg draw his glaive over his head with a sharp exhale. "That was fun." he chuckles taking a careful step out of the crater created from the explosion of force with a hop using his spear as a pole to vault out. Tapping his head with his open palm after sheathing his weapon, kicking lose the snow that had found itself lodged in his hair and ear.

ID# 151160 results: Battle: 9+2=9,  Craft: 9 [+1 EN] Minor Critical

ID# 151161 results: Craft: 5, Loot: 13

390*Col

4*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Weapon #151161a

T1 Uncommon Consumable #151161b

Players:
(1-6) Gaius 260/260 | 2/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | DSG [0/3] +1EVA

(0,2)    Arctic Bear #1 | HP: -36/130 | DMG: 39

Total Loot:

3900*Col

20*T1 Materials

T1 Rare Trinket #149222a

T1 Rare Consumable #149223a

T1 Rare Weapon #149223b

T1 Perfect Armor #150831a

T1 Perfect Trinket #150831b

T1 Rare Weapon #151161a

T1 Uncommon Consumable #151161b

Edited by Gaius

The snow kicked up and flooded on top of the black clad woman, knocking her down to her ass yet again. How many times would she be knocked to the ground in this outing? This was already around the third time it's happened. Curse her for having such a tiny and weightless body.

Dragging lose the snow and climbing out of the pile, the girl works herself up to a sitting position again. They would have to rest again before finding the familiar. If they tried to fight it while they were weak and had no energy, it would surely kill them.

"That was impressive." The Fox said moving her mask to the side, able to breathe easy once more. A smug expression ate into his bravado. Even still, at least he was an effective fighter and she didn't have to baby him around. "Dancing, the most vicious of all weapons."

@Gaius

Gaius chuckles and brushes some snow from the princess's hair, to which she swats his hand away. He rather enjoyed pushing her buttons, so quick to anger it was fun to piss her off. Just becoming stiff Gaius falls backward into the snow, like a wooden board with a fluffed cushion as it breaks his fall. A grumble in his stomach reminds him he's out of food, to which he rubs it. "Glad you like it, most things don't survive it." as he shifts to his side, slightly encased in the white as he places his head on a bent arm resting it in his hand. "So, it just like buffs you or something? This thing is a b**** to find, hope its all worth it." he remarks nonchalantly as he scrolls through his inventory hoping he had missed just one more morsel of food but finding nothing as he had consumed everything he had packed for today.