[PP|F8]<<Scents of the Wild: Kuma>>Meanie Bear!

After vaulting her armor into her inventory, the girl teleported from Floor three all the way up to Floor eight. Shadow-lady had told her to meet her there when she was done turning in the quest, so she hurried through the safe zone. This was the highest she had ever gone in floors. The highest she ever went to was floor four where it was all snowy. The snow didn't bother that much. Everyone at the orphanage didn't seem to like it so much. This floor was warm and sunny with lots of trees, very pretty compared to the other floors.

The Assassin excited the safe zone and called out: "Shadow-lady?! I'm here!" The girl looked for the cloak figure, hoping that she wasn't lied to just to get away from her. That would be kind of upsetting, but she wasn't far from the safe zone here so she could always just head back to teleporter if that was the case.

"Are you sure you want to be doing quests with me? I am not really the best person for you to hang around" After spotting the hooded figure, the Assassin bounded towards her with a smile on her face. This was getting fun! "Of course I want to do quests with you! If I didn't want to, I wouldn't be here would I? You yelled at me at first, but then you were nice to me." The Assassin dropped down her menu and looked at her available SP, luckily that last quest had given her just enough to rank up her weapon skill, she clicked on it and then accepted the prompt that asked her if she was sure she wanted to invest her points. "Yay! Now I can do more damage with my dagger!"

Spoiler

General
Level: 6 | HP:  120/120 | Energy: 12/12

Stats
DMG: 6 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 18

Skills
Dagger Rank II

Equipment(In use)
Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I
Ryuketsu no: BLD II; Para I

Equipment(Standyby)
Kami Sori(Dagger): DMG III

Consumables
(5x)Starting Healing Potion[50 HP]

Edited by Assassin

The cloaked figure rested once more against the wall to the city as she waited for the little girl that was bound to come. Suddenly, Assassin burst through the wall calling for the shadowy lady. Cringing immediately at the girl's words, Hidden swooped forward softly placing her hand over the little girl's mouth. "Do you want everyone to come over here to?" She lifted her hand and the girl told her how she was a nice person. 

"If you think I am a nice person, I am afraid to let you out of my sight. You'll bump into someone worse than me and think they are Jesus or something" she voiced absentmindedly.  She stepped away from the girl and ensured that she had her dagger prepared and ready to go. The little girl went off about her skills and increasing her dagger abilities. 'I still don't know if I want to help her level up or anything. Never have I been scared of someone like this before.' she would think to herself. Maybe it was because of the fact that she wasn't scared of the girl, but scared for. 

"Let's get going. This 'meanie' is going to be harder to beat. Unless you are interested in dying I would stay behind me." she would tell the girl before stepping away. She felt like a mother dragging her child to a store. 'She wouldn't be stupid enough to charge out and attack it would she? Eh, I won't let it happen anyway.' 

"I'll leave you behind if you lag back" she told the girl warningly. 

Spoiler

Hidden
Level 48
[0] Hidden | 980/980 HP | 96/96 EN | 13 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 98 Vamp (OFF)
HP
96 Energy
4 Accuracy
2 Evasion
13 Base Damage
61 Mitigation
43 Stealth Rating

Gear
<<Nato's Might>>         // +8 Holy, +1 ACC, +98 VAMP 
<<Shadow of Dusk>> // +36 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +6 DMG

Buffs

Battle Ready Inventory

Skills

Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Hide | Rank 4: +4 Stealth Rating
Light Armor | Rank 5: +18 Mitigation                               
E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects
Disguise | +1 EVA til next turn - 5 Turn Cooldown

Skill Mods

Athletics ~ +20 HP, +1 DMG
Precision ~ +1 ACC

Acrobatics ~ +1 EVA

The girl was searching through her menus while Hidden talked, paying attention even though she was occupied. She was mapping out he next skill to buy after she maxed out her dagger-.

"Let's get going. This 'meanie' is going to be harder to beat. Unless you are interested in dying I would stay behind me. I'll leave you behind if you lag back." The girl closed her menu and rushed after the cloaked figure. "I- I'm here! Don't leave me behind please!" The young girl clung to her leaders leg, afraid that she might actually leave her behind if she did lag behind. Once she settled down, she let go of Hidden's leg and pondered something.

"H-Hey, Hidden... Do people really not like you that much? You keep saying that I don't want to be hanging around you, but I do. That... That pet on my head made me really happy." The girl smiled with a soft blush on her face. "Are people mean to you?"

@Hidden

As she began to walk away, the girl clambered after her and latched onto her leg. Hidden's face went pale and slack with anger and she looked down on the girl. "GE-" her voice choked. Closing her eyes she took a couple of deep breaths. Perhaps her anger was something that needed to be held on a tighter leash. 'Maybe she was abandoned a while back. She seems to have a lot of insecurities, maybe even as much as I have.' "I'm not going to leave you. Time is something is essential to me though. Every second has its purpose." she said without thinking. She once again rested her hand atop of the girl's soft white hair. 

"If I needed to, I would wait. Time isn't going to though." she stated. It sounded mysterious although it wasn't the vibe she was going for. She was really bad at this sweet/nice thing. Her thoughts were interrupted by the girl's voice again who asked if people were mean to her. Hidden was quiet for a moment before laughing. "People might be mean to me if I would let them. I don't let myself get pushed around. Friends though aren't something that come easy though. Something like that you shouldn't really worry about that though." 

She tried to push the girl from the subject. Her friends and her problems were her own matters. She didn't want anyone trying to look into them or helping her out with them. 

The Assassin smiled as the other girl's hand met her head rubbing her hair softly. As much as it made her feel like a puppy, that didn't seem all that bad... did it? "I-I'm sorry. I won't waste your time, I promise. I'll keep up and do exactly as you say."

The Assassin sped herself up to keep up with Hidden's stride. The emerald irises looked up to the opposing eyes, showing the trust of her companion. The rogue duo walked through forest looking for the Kumatetsu. When they approached the den it lived in, it was surprisingly empty. The bear was sneaking up behind them, and Assassin noticed first, its claw raised to attack Hidden with a surprise attack. The Assassin reacted without thinking, shoving her shoulder into the Kuma's head and throwing the attack off. The bear got pissed quickly and swiped at Assassin who fell on to her back just to dodge it's fierce claw. "L-Leave us alone, or Shadow-lady will beat you up!"

@Hidden

Headpat Count: +1
Headpat Counter total: 2

Assassin: 120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 12/2(8-10) | Para(9-10)
Hidden: 

Kumatestu: 300/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

Kuma notes:

Spoiler

Abilities:

Dodge and Parry: On a player's natural attack roll of 10, the attack will miss «Kumatetsu». Instead «Kumatetsu» will gain a +2 Accuracy and +15 Damage for his next attack.

Beast Form: When «Kumatetsu» is reduced to 150 (or lower) health, he will transform and turn into a bulked-up creature, increasing his damage to 100, but losing his Accuracy and half of his mitigation

Ferocious Roar: When «Kumatetsu» rolls a CD of 10+, he lets out a mighty roar instead of his attack, paralyzing the party.

Edited by Assassin

The girl's response was cute in its own way. Although she really wasn't shooting for a devoted follower. She preferred really to be alone. It was kind of her shtick. With all of these players though trying to be friends and stuff it was getting kind of difficult to ever be alone it seemed. 

They traveled deeper into the wood and Hidden's eyes almost glazed over as her mind was absorbed into thought. 'What should I do with this child? She seems to want to fight, but by fighting she might go down a road even darker than Mari or I. A road similar to that of Laughing Coffin members. They'd love to recruit someone like her.' Sudden movement caught her attention. Assassin shoved an object behind them and it was too late that she noticed the great bear that stood on its hindlegs behind them. The monster swiped and Assassin cleverly dodged. Hidden, still surprised by the entire encounter, did not. The claw slashed into her face. Red shards burst into the air as her body was thrown onto the ground. 

Laying there for a moment she would stare up at the forest canopy. "Wow. I really let it sneak up on me like that. I really gotta stay focused. All these other players are really screwing with my attention and emotions." Slowly she stood up. She adjusted her hood and cracked one of her fingers. Her eyes shifted darkly towards the boss.

"I suppose we should get this done right?" 

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time

151017 1 1 19 9 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Kumatestu 2020-05-24 05:56:48

Hidden takes 14 DMG

[0] @Assassin: 120/120 | 10/12 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2
[0] @Hidden| 966/980 HP | 95/96 EN | 13 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 98 Vamp (OFF)

Kumatestu300/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

Kuma notes: 

Abilities:

Dodge and Parry: On a player's natural attack roll of 10, the attack will miss «Kumatetsu». Instead «Kumatetsu» will gain a +2 Accuracy and +15 Damage for his next attack.

Beast Form: When «Kumatetsu» is reduced to 150 (or lower) health, he will transform and turn into a bulked-up creature, increasing his damage to 100, but losing his Accuracy and half of his mitigation

Ferocious Roar: When «Kumatetsu» rolls a CD of 10+, he lets out a mighty roar instead of his attack, paralyzing the party.

Assassin crawled up to her feet and did her best to get her weapon out ready to fight. Her knife lit up with a dangerous aura for a moment before it slowly faded off. If she attacked the bear now, it would start to target her and she wouldn't last very long before getting trampled by that thing. Helping Hidden fight was desirable, just not reasonable. Fighting her urge to jump on the bear, the Assassin moved back away from the fight a bit so that Hidden could take control before she tried to do anything helpful.

"I-I'm not scare, but it'll hurt me really badly if I try to help you with fighting. Once it focuses more on you I'll help... Oh, but you'll probably kill it before then wont you?" The pain of not being able to help was killing her. "Y-You can do it Nee-san, beat up that meanie a bunch!"

[0] @Assassin120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 12/2(8-10) | Para(9-10)
[0] @Hidden| 966/980 HP | 95/96 EN | 13 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 98 Vamp (OFF)

Kumatestu300/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

• 3 weeks later...

"Oh, but you'll probably kill it before then wont you?"

Smiling smugly, she turned her head to peer at the younger girl for a moment. "You put a bit too much faith in me. I'll do what I can" She turned back, watching with a sadistic joy as the ear charged her. Even though a normal monster couldn't provide any sort of emotions, it was fun to break it down piece by piece anyway. The beast rushed her, its claws raking in her direction. The bear's claws were met only with air however, as the cloaked figure dashed to the side. Instead of stoppping with her dodge, using her Acrobatics mod, she leapt upwards, backflipping until she was about five feet above the bear that was now landing from its attack. Midair, she spun violently with her Eternal Cyclone skill, slashing into the monster's exposed back. The huge creature let out a loud groan and she rolled off its back. 

She slowly stepped away from the beast, appearing to walking away without a care while instead she was paying close attention. With Assassin here there wasn't any room for error. 

153354 BD:8 MD:2
DMG Dealt: 13*13=169 -50 = 119

[0] @Assassin120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 12/2(8-10) | Para(9-10)
[0] @Hidden| 966/980 HP | 85/96 EN | 13 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 98 Vamp (OFF)

Kumatestu131/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

Assassin took shelter behind a tree, peaking from the side just in time to see the cloaked figure nearly annihilate the boss with a single attack. The girl let her jaw drop in awe watching her older friend fight. She couldn't help but smile as she took more than half its hitpoints instantly.

"Whoa! That was awesome!" The girl jumped a little in excitement. "You're so strong Nee-san! I hope I can be that strong one day!"

The bear wasn't too happy about it's health being disintegrated to close to nothing. It roared at the girls as it turned around to face them again. Assassin moved further into her cover, knowing that Hidden would be able to finish off the beast with her next attack. "B-Beat him up Nee-san! He's a big ol' meanie and deserves to be beat up for trying to mess with you!" She hoped her cheering wouldn't annoy Hidden. She didn't want to get the reaction she had received when they first met.

[0] @Assassin120/120 | 12/12 | DMG: 3 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BLD: 12/2(8-10) | Para(9-10)
[1] @Hidden| 966/980 HP | 85/96 EN | 13 DMG | 61 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 98 Vamp (OFF)

Kumatestu131/300 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

"A big ol' meanie" Hidden quietly voiced back. 'A funny way to introduce a bear or any monster for that matter.' The bear groaned as it stood and turned on her once more. Snickering, she didn't even turn to meet its challenge. "You're hardly worth my time" she would say as it charged up on her from behind. 

Her dagger began to glow a bright white light, becoming brighter with each passing second. As the bear became near to strike her, she spun and thrust her dagger once in the direction of her opponent. A white swirling vortex surrounded the enemy. The white vortex of energy consumed to space around the opponent until it was no longer visible. To finish off the attack, a large sword of pure white came down from the top of the vortex, smiting the enemy within. The light faded and all that was left were the two girls and charred ground. Holy Eternal Cyclone and finished off the enemy and left it without a trace. 

"Alright. That's that then." Hidden stated simply as she sheathed her dagger into the sleeve. "Where to next I suppose?" Hidden asked nonchalantly. 

153358 BD:9 -> its just ded. 

@Assassin

Completely awed by Hidden's skill the Assassin jumped in glee. The performance of her holy proc was even more impressive and she didn't think she could get better than that. Could she really be as strong as that if she tried hard enough?

"Nee-san?! That was crazy! You hit it in the face and it just turned into dust! How did you do that?! I wanna learn how to do that!! Can you teach me, please?! Please?!" At first, Hidden had really terrified her, even to the point of crying, but now she was just in awe of her. She ran up to her, excitement overflowing her caution to pissing off Hidden. "I wanna be strong just like you Nee-san, if I could fight just like you, no one could ever bully me, and I could beat up all the meanies that try to hurt me! No one would ever be mean to me again.."

Assassin's reaction was rather sweet in her own eyes. The girl was in awe for her mid-level capabilties. "You can do it too if you work hard!" Hidden told her, trying not to sound fake. It was something that you would tell a kid, but not something she was sure she believed in. It all had to do with the fact that she got lucky and got the last hit on a boss. 

The girl ran up to her and asked excitedly for her to teach her how to do it so that she couldn't be bullied anymore. Hidden's eyes darkened with anger. "How about this. Anyone messes with you and you tell me okay? I personally will cut off each of their fi-" Hidden paused before realizing who she was talking to. "I'll settle it like adults do, okay? In the meantime, I'll help you to get as close to like as possible." 

She had a spare dagger... Shadow's Infection would boost the girl's ability rather significantly but was she willing to part with it to a little girl. Did she want to hand the girl a weapon capable of murdering countless? 

Assassin nods at the remark. If anyone could protect her from meanies like that bear, it would be Hidden and Ariel. The both of them were so insanely strong, not to mention how much she enjoyed the attention from the both of them. The child didn't even realize that was the reason that she liked the two so much. Either way, she wanted to make sure that she didn't have to lean on them all the time. "I will work super hard so I can protect myself! Then you won't have to worry about me so much. I want to keep getting stronger so I can survive. I don't like the world outside of this one that much, but I definitely don't want to die. I'm glad I got to meet someone like you Nee-san!"

Without thinking the girl threw her arms around Hidden, in attempt to give her a hug. Once she remember the reaction that she had gotten from the first time she clung on to her, she instantly let go of Hidden, however. "O-Oh, sorry."

Hidden's eyes widened once again as the girl wrapped her arms around her. Her muscles tightened, but she didn't say anything. The girl let her go and immediately apologized. Hidden flashed her a small smile. "You're fine... let's just take it slow with the touching thing. You hardly know me anyway..." She wasn't sure if she should stop her calling her Nee-san either. "Let's get moving... You can't get strong from standing around anyway"

She lifted her hand and rested it once more on the girl's head. It was becoming more of a symbol of affection that Hidden could portray that didn't force her to show too much. After a small pat, she removed her hand and began to walk. 'I wonder still what path I should take her down. For some reason she's taken a liking to me. With the way she is, I'm kinda scared that letting her out of sight might put her in a lot of danger... Though at the same time do I care?' Deep down she knew that she did. She related to this girl as Mari had related to her. 

The warmth of Hidden's hand against her hair was a feeling the girl was coming to enjoy . Why she had taken such a liking to this affection, she would never know. She took a quick step back, giving Hidden some room in her personal space and following next to her as she walked them back to the town.

"I know you enough now to like you." Assassin said with a smile. "You were mean to me at first, but I guess I was mean to you too. So that kind of makes us even." The girls attention was drawn else where. It seemed like she had already forgotten that Hidden, no less than two hours beforehand, had threatened to murder her. The turn that she had taken though had helped her understand that Hidden didn't want to hurt her. If she really wanted to do anything bad to Assassin, she would have done it to her already. She didn't seem like the type of person to deal with bullshit.

@Hidden

"Let's head back... It's getting late and we need to figure out where we are going to stay. We gotta wake up early if we are going questing tomorrowShe told the young girl as she slowly began to head back towards the town. She'd have to sneak into a town and enter a player run inn and convince them to let them stay. Assassin was different than other players. She had her dark side, but it was pure. Her problems came from neglect and misunderstanding. She was leading down the same road Hidden had gone herself. And now, Hidden herself was the only one that could stop her from going farther down it. If Hidden left this girl alone, she would probably be picked up by someone even worse than herself. Laughing Coffin or a guild similar to that of the one her and Domarus destroyed. 

She hardly knew this girl, but she wanted to ensure that the steps the girl took were in the right direction. Into a future where she was loved and not neglected. 

"We're going to do another quest tomorrow? Cool!" The girl whispered as the two of them snuck through the town, avoiding any of the guards to make sure that she wouldn't be beat up by them. Once they were at the inn, run by another player, Hidden did a lot of convincing to persuade the player into letting them stay. Soon, she was able to get the room, though, and Assassin was much more tired than she expected. When she entered the room, she let out a loud yawn and stretched her arms.

"Back to inn rooms." She mutters to herself. She had basically been living in inns at this point. Maybe soon she would have enough Col to afford her own place and she wouldn't have to worry about it any longer. And again, there was only a single bed. Did rooms with two beds even exist in Aincrad? It was a way to shill more money for parties who didn't have homes probably.

"I would argue that you should take the bed, but every time I try to do that with anyone else, they force me to sleep in the bed." She takes a moment to open her menu and switches from her armor into a large, modern looking t-shirt that came down to her shins.

Hidden had done a bit of work to get them in inn. One of the back rooms, without windows. If one might jump to conclusions, she was bringing this girl to her death. Though, it was a safe zone. The only one that wasn't safe was Hidden herself. As she walked in, the two players were found with only one bed, a table and a chair. Assassin changed and offered to sleep on the floor to which Hidden considered for a moment. 

"Wait here" She told Yuki. She moved back out the door and visited the next door neighbors to their inn. Rearing back, she slammed her foot into it. Luckily for her, the door wasn't locked, allowing the door to reject its immortal object status. Moving into the door, she found a player, staring at her with utter shock. "I'm borrowing this" she told the player. She then grabbed the bed and yanked it out of the player's room and into her own. For good measure, she popped back into the other player's room and threatened him to ensure he would say nothing to no one. "Okay, all set." she threw the bed down and plopped onto it. The room was a little cramped now, but now there was plenty of places for them both to sleep. 

"Alright. Good night. I don't think I need to warn you about trying to mess with me while I am sleeping do I?" 

The Assassin plopped down on her own bed as Hidden spoke to her. Was she really that worried about her trying to attack her? Well, if she was going to try and fight Hidden off now would a better time than any since Hidden actually can't fight back in the safe zone.

But instead.

She took her belt of weapons and handed them over to Hidden. The three daggers jangled around in their holsters as she set them on the ground next to the cloaked figure's bed. "Move them into your inventory if you want. They're nothing special anyways." She said, moving back into her own bed and plopping her head back down into her pillow. Now she had no weapons on her person and couldn't attack anyone with anything other than her hands. With a yawn the girl began to fall asleep quickly.

"Goodnight Nee-san, see you in the morning."

She watched curiously as the girl handed over her belt of weapons. She was the girl plopped down and rolled onto her bed and fell almost straight to sleep. 'What an odd way to show that you don't mean any harm. It was effective though. Proud of such an action even if it is bad to give up your weapons.' She gently set the girl's weapon belt on the table beside her and plopped onto her own bed. She laid back in it for a moment, looking at the ceiling. She could keep helping her get stronger, but she was dangerous. Maybe not to Hidden herself, but to others. The girl obviously had been through some things. Though Assassin was younger and more impressionable. She could be picked up by players and forced into a career of killing. Or she could even be killed for doing something she wasn't supposed to. 

She shook her head and closed her eyes, and after a bout of restlessness she fell asleep. 

RP COMPLETED!

+4 SP