[PP>SP|03]<<Worn Out Welcome>>New Friends

The pink paladin found herself on floor 3. How in the world had she missed out on such an easy quest this early?! This was literally the easiest field boss in the game and was basically free experience for her to gobble up. The benefits of her slime farm were back too, so it would be an easy trigger to push ahead in the game of SP. Block wasn't going to learn itself after all.

Approaching the blacksmith's home, she got her quest activated and started making her way to the spawn area that the dark elf would be waiting in. This boss was insanely easy for her to kill off on her own, but it wouldn't be fair if she just murdered it one her own. Somehow she missed this quest, she was sure that everyone on her friends list had already completed it and didn't need the experience. If she waited long enough, would she just run into a noob looking to find the boss? It would be worth it wait for anyone at least for a while near his spawn zone.

@Se7en

Spoiler

General
Level: 38 | HP:  820/820 | Energy: 76/76 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 8 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

Skills(6/6)
R2 OHAS
R5 Heavy Armor
R3 MIT Familiar
Fighting Spirit
R1 Block
R1 BH
Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(Heavy Armor): HM I, Thorns II
Revenant(Shield): Taunt I; Rec II
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)

La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III

Consumables
(14x)Immolation Potion+1 <Using
(2x)Starting Health Potions

Using a Yui's grace and a mega slime farm bonus for plus 3 SP at the end of the thread.

Edited by Zajcica

Se7en is full of energy as he runs to the dark elf spawn zone, this would be his first quest and can't wait to test out his skills. 'I can't wait to defeat my first mob'  he says internally. As he makes his way to the spawn zone he sees a fully armored woman who looks like she's been playing the game for much longer than himself. He thinks that probably a player that well geared wouldn't want a noob like him bothering her. Se7en questions if he should go out of his way to talk to the woman, eventually after a couple minutes of walking back and forth while questioning if he should, he walks up to the pink haired woman. He says "Hi, you don't look like a new player" in a very quiet whisper. Instantly after those words leave his lips he wishes for them to come back and starts to turn and slowly walk away.

Spoiler

General
Level: 1 | HP:  20 | Energy:  2 

Stats
DMG: 2 | EVA: 0| MIT: 9 | BLD: 12/2 |

Skills(1/6)
Dagger R1

Equipment(In use)
Dagger BLD1
Light Armor MIT 1

Consumables
5 Starter Healing Potions

Edited by Se7en

"Oi!" The pink haired player waved him down with her big smile. The boy looked pretty new to the game judging by his equipment. She wondered if those items even had enhancements on them. Almost as soon as he began speaking, he started walking the other direction. Perhaps he wasn't the best at putting words out the open. "Oi, Oi! Wait!" She caught up with him and halted him, hands against her hips. "You're keen. I am indeed a higher level player, but I'm not more different than you are. It's all just numbers. Orewa Yuki-desu. Yoroshikune~" The girl ran through her usual dialogue of a greeting. Always the same with her: I'm Yuki, nice to meet you. Maybe it was time to switch it up.

"So hey, you're coming to fight that boss, yeah? I can help you out with that - though you look geared well enough to beat it alone." Her smile was almost unbearable. "You go fight it out right now, and I'll make sure nothing overwhelms you. I could kill this boss easily by just letting it hit me."

@Se7en

Se7en nodded slightly, relieved that he now had someone to make sure he didn't get himself killed. "ummm the name's Se7en" He said with his head still pointed at the ground. Se7en starts to walk slowing closer to the spawn point with dread starting to form. He can feel his stomach turn as he gets closer and closer. Each step closer makes him want to turn back and just give up on ever making it to the front line. He turns and asks Yuki, "Are you sure about me being able to do this". Se7en thinks about his family looking down at his almost lifeless body in the real world, 'would they really want me to be scared the whole time?' he asks himself. 'Or would they want me to play it safe and wait for this to pass over?'. The two of them enter the spawn zone and Se7en knows that there is no walking away now.

Edited by Se7en

Yuki could see the dread wringing out the boy's expression. Maybe some input would help strengthen his resolve. "Hey, you look like you could use a jump-start! Here! You can use this here to help you win." The paladin unhooked the black celtic-knotted horn from her belt and held it out to the boy as a gift. "I would like it back when you are done, okay? It'll help make sure that your attacks hit home." She explained happily with a smile.

"Are you sure about me being able to do this?" Yuki gave him a tooth grin as the duo entered the mob's territory.

"Absolutely! This is the easiest field boss that you'll ever meet in the game. It can't kill you without doing around 10-20 attacks. If you start struggling, I'll jump in and make sure he doesn't get the better of you, okay? I'm a tank, I won't let you die!" A smile shined with reassurance.

Spoiler

Transferring La Black Luna Trinket(ACC 3) to Se7en to fight the Dark Elf.

Edited by Zajcica
Spoiler

Se7en equips La Black Luna (ACC 3) from Yuki to fight the Dark Elf.

"Thanks" Se7en says with a slight grin slipping out of the corner of his mouth, He could feel that this woman was going to keep here word but for some reason he still felt uneasy. He knew he would be fine but he still didn't know why this woman would be helping a newcomer rather than getting some good EXP"So... what brings you all the way down to floor 3?" He could feel a weight lifted off his chest as he asks that question. For some reason he started to feel like this woman actually want a good person who just wanted to help newcomer but what's in it for her, like she must have more higher leveled friends that she trains with, how come she is here by herself. Se7en continues to wonder why Yuki is wanting to help someone who seems useless like himself with little to no benefit. Was it just fate that Se7en would meet this woman and possibly change how he looks at himself. Se7en let's all those thoughts faze out as he gets ready for the fight.

@Zajcica

The girl blushed and giggled lightly as she thought about it. Her finger scratched her cheek awkwardly when she had to admit the real reason. "Um, to be honest, I happened to miss this quest and I need the experience for it. It won't be as much as I could get for a higher level quest, but it's still easy to do. In fact, it was so easy that I felt obligated to help a new player."

Yuki went off to the side to watch the boy, taking a seat with her legs crossed in the grass she paid careful attention. Her massive spear laid in her lap carefully, ready to be used if she needed to jump in and help him.

"Good luck! Stay calm and use your sword arts. Don't let the enemy intimidate you! You are stronger than him! He should be scared of you." Another big toothy smile brightened the shade of the trees.

@Se7en

Yuki: 820/820 | 76/76 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 104 | Thorns: 36 | EVA:-1 | BLD: 24/2 |  BH: 8
Se7en: 20/20 | 2/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 12/2

Dark Elf: 12/12 | Dmg: 9

Edited by Zajcica
  • 1 month later...
Spoiler

Turning thread into an SP from here on

Yuki watched the new arrival fight the elf with ease. The boss was pretty well known for being notoriously easy, so Yuki wasn't worried about him finishing it. However, by some miraculous will, she hadn't gotten the experience for fighting the boss. Disappointment in her tone, she turns to 7 and gives him an awkward smile.

"Oi, looks like I didn't get the experience for the quest for some reason, you go ahead without me and I'll wait for the boss to spawn." She waved him off with a smile and took a seat at the base of a tree. It would take a few minutes for the boss to spawn if it was like the others, but who knows, perhaps it spawns more quickly since it's a lower level monster and a go to for beginner players. Best she could do for now was to hope that it respawned soon.

The paladin wondered what she would do next after this. Night was likely busy with something else so they wouldn't be able to go and do anything else. Crozeph was likely sleeping somewhere completely random in the middle of day. And her and Mari were still in a patchy spot, from what she recalled. It was a while ago, but she doesn't know how long Mari holds a grudge.

The boss had still yet to spawn. A full minute so far and nothing. Was she really that eager now, to be counting the minutes or even seconds that it took for this boss to consistently respawn for the next players? Sitting around and waiting wasn't really her strong suit in this game. Even if she had been taking something of a short lived break from grinding, it was that returning itch that fulled the want to complete this quest and throw it away so she can have the experience.

The forest had become ever so quiet since the moment she sat down. All she could hear was the light wind in the air and the sound of rustling trees and bushes as a result of the gust. Crozeph was one of those people who could fall asleep at teh drop of dime. She wondered how he did it up until now, having never really been able to fall asleep easily herself. However, even out here she was beginning to feel a little bit woozy. Nothing on this floor would be able to kill her. If it tried, her armor would mitigate it and they would pay the price for thorns.

Drowziness was taking over. She couldn't help it, she had been working hard lately, even sacrificing sleep to get leveled up more quickly. It was accidental, but soon, the paladin would start to fall into a slumber, whisking off to another realm.

Yuki laid peacefully in a sleep against the tree. She had actually dozed off in an unsafe area thanks to this pleasant weather and beautiful setting. If she wasn't completely unconscious right now, she might actually be a bit embarrassed.

Unfortunately, she had also decided to take her nap right next to the boss monster's spawn area. Maybe if it didn't take so damn long for these bosses to spawn in the first place, she wouldn't have fallen sleep at all. Sooner or later the Dark Elf did respawn and it took notice of her pretty quickly. Drawing her sword, she ran over to the sleeping paladin and gut her without remorse for attacking a completely immobilized target.

With the system blocking pain receptors, Yuki didn't even feel the critical attack dealt to her when it struck. If she was awake, this boss would have been dead in literal seconds, but it looks like it would continue to wail on her effortlessly until it died from her thorns.

image.png

Zajcica | HP: 820/820 | Energy: 76/76 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 8 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

Dark Elf: 12/12 | 9 DMG

The paladin couldn't feel the blade that had completely impaled her through the chest, she just continued to sleep quietly without a care in the world. It's not like the damage hurt or anything. She only took one point of health points in damage and her newly found battle healing would continue to keep healing her up to full before the elf could do any meaningful damage at all. What was most insulting to the dark skinned woman was that Yuki was snoring the entire time.

Hearing enough of her loud snoozing, the dark elf raised her blade once more and struck true with another direct stab through the tank's chest. Still, Yuki was completely unphased by the damage, continuing to snore loudly in her sleep. Nothing in this floor would be able to deal significant enough damage to actually kill her. It was the benefit of being stupidly strong in a game like this.

image.png

Zajcica | HP: 820/820 | Energy: 76/76 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 8 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

The dark elf looked entirely annoyed as she looked down at the sleeping player. It was insulting to the program that the player would just sit there and sleep while she was getting attacked. Yet no matter how hard she tried to attack the player, her attacks only continued to miss. The sword she wielded splintered the tree that Yuki slept against, leaving scars in the bark with every strike.

Yuki continued to snore quietly, even as the blade whirred past her head. Even while sleeping she was an extremely effective tank. At least there wasn't anyone else around though, or else it might attack them. After a few more missed attack, she slumped over and landed in the grass. Slowly waking her up. Her eyes trailed to the dark elf standing above her and she groaned. "Dammit Crow. You're starting to rub off on me like that you idiot."

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Standing up slowly from the grass, the paladin felt a little woozy from her sleep. She was barely awake and pretty much unable to react what was going on around her. Suffice to say, she wasn't much of a morning person in the first place. Waking up was already difficult enough for her. She summoned her lance to her hand and lazily waved it in front of her, still a bit dazed from having just woken up.

The dark elf easily dodged her lazy attack by stepping back. Yuki groaned a bit annoyed. "Gotta switch something up. Hold on a sec." She says pulling up her menu and looking for her accuracy trinket. The dark elf flailed wildly at her missing around 3 or 4 swipes at a target that was standing completely still doing nothing to actually dodge attacks. "Hold on a sec... where the hell is it? Jeez, this is taking so long."

image.png

Zajcica | HP: 820/820 | Energy: 76/76 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 8 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Resist: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

There was so much needless junk in her inventory that she needed to offload. How did she lose such an important item in all this back log? After several more seconds of unconsciously dodging attacks by standing completely still and not even trying to avoid her enemy, she finally found the accuracy trinket. La Black Luna, the beautiful little horn that she commissioned to help with her inability to actually attack things.

"Ah there it is! Sorry that took so long." Soon, her shield disappeared from her hand and was replaced with the horn. She strapped it to her hip on the belt of her armor, while still somehow avoiding attacks without even moving from her spot. "Now, let's get back to this. I'm sure you're frustrated by now and want to end this so allow me to finish this now that I'm awake and ready." Yuki gripped her lance tightly.

image.png

Zajcica | HP: 820/820 | Energy: 76/76 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 8 | BLD: 24/2 | DoT Resist: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

With the next moment of combat, Yuki raised her lance and pierced the elf straight in the chest. There wasn't much of a reason to use sword arts on an enemy like this, she should would just stick with doing regular attacks until it fell over dead. With heavy kick, she released the target from her lance and knocked her to the ground.

She got back to her feet and raised her blade at the paladin again, slashing at the girl with her sword but still coming up at her completely short of it's target. Yuki laughed in response, almost hysterically. "Have you been missing every single attack against me since I was sleeping? Ahaha! How do you do that?! I was asleep the whole time and you couldn't even do any damage to me! Do you really want to keep fighting me after having to deal with something like that? The moment you touch me you'll die!"

image.png

Dark Elf: 7/12 -(5) | 9 DMG

"Don't you mock me or I will destroy you!" The elf said as she raised her blade and brought it down over the paladin. With a loud growl, the dark skinned rogue dropped her blade upon the tank, who moved out of the way of it just for fun. No reason to let her die just yet when she can have a little bit of fun fighting for once. "Oh yeah, you're really scary. You gonna miss me another hundred times when I'm not moving?"

"I hit you plenty of times while you were sleeping! You made it too easy." The elf retorted taking another hefty swing at her.

"Yeah, yeah. And if they hadn't been critical attacks you would have already been dead." Yuki grinned. "You're actually more lucky than you could believe to be alive right now." Heaving her massive weapon back, Yuki pierces the target once again.

image.png

Dark Elf: 7/12 | 9 DMG

With barely a sliver of health remaining, the dark elf pauses in pain. The lance pierced through her stomach with ease, pinching off half of her remaining health from a single attack. With another kick the enemy, she was released from her weapon and sent back into the grass. She struggled to get up after that attack, slowly trying to get up off the ground. Yuki didn't try to attack her while she was down though.

Once she finally had the breath, she looked up to her aggressor with angry face. "You bastard!" She coughed out just barely through pained groans. "What? Come on, you gotta hit me at least once with something. If you don't this fight will never end. Are you going to try and run now? You should be scared. Touch me once, and I promise that you'll regret it." Yuki said with her arms folded against her chest.

image.png

Dark Elf: 2/12 -(5) | 9 DMG

"Don't you tell me how to fight my battles! I might just be a low ranking sentry, but that doesn't mean that I can't kill you." The dark elf coughed once more standing to her feet slowly. Her body was completely shaken from the damage she had suffered up until now. "On the contrary, you couldn't kill me no matter how many attacks you landed on me. We could sit here and fight for ages and you would never dent me."

Another loud growl bellowed from the dark elf as she raised her weapon to retaliate against the pink paladin. Her hand was shaking way too much to even aim her sword at the paladin correctly. Yuki side stepped the attack with ease. "Come on this is just embarrassing now. You have to give up, or I'll just kill you. This is your last choice. Decide now: Do you want to live, or do you want to die?"

image.png

Dark Elf: 2/12 | 9 DMG

The programs that mocked human life were pretty good in Sword Art Online for the Non-Player Characters, and even some of the enemies in this case. The dark elf fell to her knees and struggled to fight back. Her sword lay in the grass in front of her. "I can't give up. I will defeat you!"

She picked up her sword and slashed Yuki across the chest. Yuki simply waved as the program started to fade. "Bye." She said, getting the item drop that she needed. About time that was finally over. Now she could finally move on with her life. Pocketing her item and returning her lance to it's hammer space. Yuki sighed. "I warned you. At least you won't remember this for the next time. That was kind of embarrassing I would say." Yuki turned and started to head back to town. With the quest finally finished, she had now completed all these low level quests that she missed. Thank god.

image.png

Dark Elf: 2/12 | 9 DMG

Rewards:

2 quest SP; 1 page; 1 event; 3 for Yuki's Yui's Grace and Mega Slime Farm
Col: 400 to Yuki