[PP|F4]<<Essence of Steel>>Noobs need help too

With the Frost Beast on it's back, Yuki could basically get a free shot in. She rushed over to it's fallen position and attempted to sink her spear into it's head, but was only met with the urgency to block the monster's stub of a fist. The ice made a horrific noise as it grind across her hand, making her attack go wide and get stuck in the ground. A groan of annoyance sounded from the paladin as this battle continued to drag out much longer than she had anticipated.

"Mou! Could you be any worse at sucker punching? Hell, if you were somewhat good at it you would be dead already!" She voiced her complaints, clearly getting enraged by the fact that this mob basically refused to attack her. It was like it didn't actually want to die or something. "Good job Freyd, keep doing what you are doing."

image.png

[13]Yuki: 668/820 | 58/76 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | DoT: 25%+25% | Thorns: 56 | BH: 8 | Conc. CD: [0/3]
[3]Freyd: 20/20 | 0/2 | DMG: 1

Frost Beast: 62/250 (-1) | DMG: 160(Min: 24)

Freyd gained speed as he reached the top of the outcropping, breaking into a full out run and leaping off a small cliff edge onto the creature's back.  His sword found purchase in a  chink beneath the creature's icy shell, just behind the collar bone.  Freyd followed through with his momentum and slid down the creature's back just as it swatted at the point of impact.

That's better.

He raced clear, raising a small trail of loose powder with the fast pace of his footfalls.  They barely left an imprint on the snowy ground, so quickly was he moving.  Lining himself up for another charge, he paused and watched for the next opening.  His pulse was beating in his ears and his breath puffed small white clouds into the chill air, but both were steady.  He pumped his sword arm a few times while waiting, working out some the stiffness after that last hit.  Whacking a giant hunk of angry ice with a thin metal stick was a bit rough on the joints.

Spoiler

image.png.1420ec8cc3329c97bd89e73def922c31.png

[13]Yuki: 668/820 | 58/76 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | DoT: 25%+25% | Thorns: 56 | BH: 8 | Conc. CD: [0/3]
[4]Freyd: 20/20 | 0/2 | DMG: 1

Frost Beast: 60/250 (-2) | DMG: 160(Min: 24)

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

With another gracious opportunity opened up by Freyd, Yuki rushes forward once more, her golden-white lance taking on it's pretty pink hum once more. With a few precise jabs to the head of the beast and a tick of bleed, it momentarily paused and exploded into nothing but data. The paladin sighed and willed her spear back into her hammerspace. A wave of her hand opened up her menu to ensure that the quest item had been moved to her inventory. Thankfully, it was there.

"Nice. Now that that is finished, I can improve my weapon. Very much needed even though I'm coming close to being Tier three." She pulled the Essence of Steel out of her inventory and showed it to Freyd. "You too should have an item that looks something like this in your inventory. Keep hold of it and if you ever find an item that you like that isn't kitted out to the best of it's abilities, than use this to make it better."

image.png

[4]Freyd: 20/20 | 0/2 | DMG: 1

Frost Beast: 0/250 (-8*6+24) | DMG: 160(Min: 24) | BLEED: [2/2] (24)

A giant grin crept across his face.  Freyd checked his storage, but found no Essence.  Confused, he called up the quest description.

Last Hit Item: <<Essence of Steel>> [Unique Item]*: Use to enhance one weapon, armor, or accessory and increase its rarity by one level. [ex. An Uncommon Weapon becomes a Rare Weapon]. Only one Essence of Steel is dropped in a thread.

"Ah, I see.  It's a last hit item.  No worries.  I can always come back and try my luck again.  Still, that was thrilling!   You were so amazing!  Wow... I..."  He caught his breath and put his weapon away and calmed himself a bit.  He gave her a small but sincere bow, holding the pose as he spoke:

"Thanks Yuki, for offering to help me.  I have a long way to go, but I plan to work hard to get better.  You've opened my eyes to what is possible, and that's more valuable than any item.  I'm extremely grateful."

Opening her menu, she sent the boy a friend request. Although it was pretty upsetting that he hadn't gotten the item as well, she would make him another offer.

"Alright then, if you ever need this item in the future, or just any help with any boss. You just ping me and tell me where to meet you. Except for snake. Do not message me to fight that crappy snake." Her face got serious upon mentioning the snake. Memories that were better left to the depths of time and to the only two people who knew about it. [censored], Paralysis.

"I'm always free to party up, don't think that I'm busy just cause I'm a 'high-level player'. I'm just as much a person as you are and we all need help from each other if we want to make it out of here alive. Now, let's get you back to the safe zone."

Spoiler

Rewards

SP: 1 quest; 1 page; 1 event
Col: 400 to Freyd
Essence of Steel to Yuki