[PP|F5]<<Blood in the Sand>>

How did Yuki continue missing these completely easy quests for no better reason than, "I just never noticed it."? All these quests that she was missing she could solo without any problem whatsoever when she was level 10. Though, she remembers seeing the information saying that this boss actually dropped a really nice tanking consumable. Wondering if it could be useful, maybe it would be useful to bring someone along. Her finger trailed her friends list heading towards Night, however, she found herself scrolling over Crozeph's name. How has he been since they last saw each other. They left on a bad foot with her yelling at him.

Sending him a message, now would be a good time for her to apologize to him for that.

Hey you,

Meet out on floor five. Let's do something. It's been awhile since we last talked and even then we didn't have much time to talk since the boss was a bit dangerous. I could kill this boss on my own, but that's no fun... right? :3

Yuki~

@Crozeph

Spoiler

General
Level: 41 | HP:  880/880 | Energy: 82/82 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 9 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36 | BH: 8 | HM: 1[0] | Conc. CD: [0/3]

Skills
R3 OHAS, R5 Heavy Armor, R3 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, R2 Block, R1 BH, Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(Heavy Armor): HM I, Thorns II
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG II; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
Revenant(Shield):
 Taunt I; Rec II

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)
(12x)Immolation Potion

Somewhere just by the shore of a lake, a bell sound woke me up...

Crozeph opened his eyes as a notification sound rung short on his ears. He was lying down on a grass on Floor 22, and it was probably the only place where he can sleep peacefully without the fear of getting stomped by the mobs, a deer is not strong enough to whittle his health while he sleeps. His eyes saw thin rays of sunlight piercing through the thick leaves and trees of the forest and the crystalline lake water kept on bouncing back these rays of light that gave the area a lively mix of greenery. Crozeph hated it, the sunlight. It was enough to make him wince on how couples would go and be lovey-dovey near his spot. "I wish I had the energy to be like them" he thought. He shifted his attention to the message he just received and for some reason he was smiling "looks like Yuki wants me to get something done" he stood up and brushed off twigs and leaves off his haori before putting it back on then he began g laughing like he's some kind of small fry villain "I'm outta this place, you can all go act like we can live inside this world forever" he told the couples "oops, that's a line from a doom and gloom person" he thought before heading to the teleportation plaza.

Floor 5, where humidity is always annoying...

Crozeph forgot what Floor 5 was, a desert barren and almost deprived of life outside the settlement. While the rock formations and dunes provide a good view for sightseeing, it was a completely annoying place but not as annoying as Floor 9. "Survival quest, Sand Shark quest twice and now for the third time." he then looked for Yuki. Easy to spot and she would probably spot him first, whoever notices the hair color first and it was obvious, Yuki's hair is easy to spot. Crozeph walked up towards her "how easy can this quest be with the two of us" he told her as he smiled "I'm glad to see you again Yuki Mikoto" he added. He knew that they didn't have a proper parting last time but that was nothing to him, it's his fault after all.

@Zajcica

journal.jpg.dd908019a2fd2a253791f9168e2f3a14.jpg

Crozeph [Level 32]
  | HP: 640/640 | EN: 64/64
  | ACC: 2 | DMG: 12 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 44
  | FREEZE +1 | RECOVERY +2 | 

** Rank 2 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Lamina De Skadi [T2 Rare]
    -- Freeze +1
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- ACC +1
    -- 
    A katana with a black hilt and an azure blade like a clear,  blue, lake water. The name translates into "Blade of Skadi" a goddess who also represented hunting and winter, signifying its use as for hunting or attacking foes by freezing them. When equipped, the user 's breath will be like one who is breathing in a cold place and the freeze effect is seen as some kind of water splashing that freezes upon contact with the target.
  • Cloak of the Oath
    -- MIT +2 

-- EVA +1
    -- A
     black haori who belonged to a vice-president of the Shinsengumi. Enables the wearer to withstand attacks and also evade it.
  • Caster's Mystic Code
    -- Recovery +2

-- ACC +1
    -- 
    A platinum band for the wrist with runic inscriptions worn by a Babylonian king who had access to magecraft. This item gives a boost on accuracy and ability to restore energy to cast more spells just like how the previous owner wanted it to work, it glows a vibrant blue when it activates through the lettering.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

•  
  • x1 T2 Perfect Fiery Dragon Roll [MIT]
  • x1 T2 Rare Udon Bowl +2 ACC
  • x1 T2 Rare Mochi +2 LD
  • x1 T2 Rare Ramen Bowl +2 EVA 
  •  
  •  

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 1/5

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Finesse R3
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 2/5 
    > 
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 2/5
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 2/5
  6. Extended Weight Limit | Passive | RANK 0

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 2/3

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

Turning to see her friend, she gave him a smile. Crozeph was a pretty carefree kind of guy, and that was probably one of the reasons she liked him so much. It reminded her that while things need to stay serious, that doesn't mean you should recklessly tear through it.

"Oi, Kurisu." She attempted to roll his name off her tongue as well as her American English teachings could provide. Sadly, they failed her. Without even thinking about it, she pulled out a vanity meal, a bowl of quickly made ramen, that she had stocked up with her almost all the time. "Here. Not my best work but it should still be good. I wasn't planning on bringing anyone ahead of time, but if we finish it quick, maybe we can head to my place and I can make you something more delicious."

Her taunts for food were generally a good way to motivate the boy. His love for her cooking was one of the few reasons she kept it up considering the low amount of business her shop gets in the first place. Once Crow was done eating the bowl of noodles, she lead the charge into the sandy desert. "Easy quest, like I said. I could do it alone, but there's no fun in that."

The shark was pretty easy to find actually. When she did, she wasted no time in getting the battle started. Her ally already knew what he needed to do. Her spear punctured the beast without much of a problem. It leaped on to her when it saw the chance and bit down on her arm. It did more damage to itself than anything else. Finally able to shake it off, it dove back into the sand. "Well, this has been pretty easy so far." The paladin said looking at the enemies HP bar.

@Crozeph

image.png

Yuki: 880/880 -(50-99)+8| 76/82 (-6) | DMG: 9 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| MIT: 99 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36 | BH: 8 | HM: 1[0] | Conc. CD: [0/3]
Crozeph: -stats go here lol-

Sand Shark: 35/125 -(9*6)+36 | DMG: 50

• ID: 152721
  • BD: 4 + 2 ACC = 6 success
  • Crozeph dealt 12 base x 11 Iai = 132 damage to Sand Shark
  • CD: 7 [recovery Activated] +4 EN

Yuki: 880/880 -(50-99)+8| 76/82 (-6) | DMG: 9 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 3| MIT: 99 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36 | BH: 8 | HM: 1[0] | Conc. CD: [0/3]
Crozeph: HP: 640/640 I EN: 60/64 I DMG: 12 I EVA: 1 I ACC: 2 I MIT: 44 I FRZ 1 I Recovery 2 I 

Sand Shark: 0/125  | DMG: 50

"You can call me Crow so it won't be that hard," he told her as she tried calling him again with his given name. It might've have been easier if she did but it does sound amusing when she tries even when her native language makes it hard for his name to be pronounced. As Yuki pulled out a ramen out of her inventory, Crozeph looked at it thinking if it was for him. Fortunately it is, he has been eating her food in his few travels and having once again wouldn't hurt. 

He was eating his meal while they traveled and before he knew Yuki was already charging at the Sand Shark. He was surprised they were able to find the monster fast, last time he and Hestia was here it took them at least four hours to locate the Sand Shark. Crozeph wiped his lips with the sleeve of his haori and positioned just before Yuki could finish her attack. 

Yuki landed a successful attack and told him about how easy it was for her. Crozeph smiled because this would mean that they are finished with this quest if he successfully lands and attack also. Crozeph grabbed the hilt of his katana. He was equipped with Lamina De Skadi and with a quick motion "remember how Baldur does it" he uttered before a long clear blue line appeared, he unsheathed and sheathed his blade in one motion. Crozeph slashed fast enough not to see his hand pulled out his katana. The Sand Shark shattered at the same time Crozeph locked his sword back to its saya. He gave a sigh of relief and cold breath came out of his lips as he did "this weapon is so cold it could actually cool me down on places like this" he thought. He turned to Yuki "s-so what now? are we heading to your house?" he asked her as he scratched his head

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

With her enemy defeated, Yuki quickly checked her inventory to ensure that she had gotten the drop that was promised. While the potion wasn't anything insanely good, it could still be helpful if she didn't make any food for a weak boss. Nothing she would ever spend time trying to farm anyway. 

"S-so what now? are we heading to your house?" Her friend asked, received with a nod. "Yeah, lets head back. That was all I needed, the free experience."

Making her way back to the floor five teleporter, she called out to Cardinal and willed herself back to Coral on the twenty-second floor. Once Crow had arrived as well, she lead him out to her home, connected to her shop. "Would you like a real meal now? That last one was just a simple meal in case I can't head back home." She asked, stepping through sliding door of her shop and taking off her armor for her usual kimono.

"Hm, a meal... maybe something fried? and tea" he told her as he followed Yuki to her home. Crozeph took off his sandals and unequipped his katana and haori leaving only his oak-colored kimono as he made his way inside. Yuki's home was what he expected it to be, simple yet cozy. It reminds him of Baldur's estate only smaller and as cozy as Mari's home "damn I didn't realize I'm jumping from one house to another" he thought as he took a seat near the kotatsu. Crozeph eased himself and felt a wave of relaxation sweep through him. He would always remind himself of how easily he feels sleepy inside homes, especially when it's quiet "I like how your home reflects your nationality, now I feel like I am in a small, peaceful town" he placed his head on the table "and someone is cooking for me" he added.

Crozeph still couldn't believe that they've killed Sand Shark so fast. The last time he did it he was almost mauled to death by an animal that looks weird swimming on the sand and not water "does Night visit you here often? "he asked her as his head remained rested on the table "it's also nice how you're a few steps away from your shop, I'm guessing you have a lot of regular customers by now" he told her. It would be natural to think so, he really likes her cooking and he enjoys eating it anywhere, be it in a faraway floor for a quest or inside his damp and dim shop. 

@Zajcica

"Hm, fried food is unhealthy- Well, I guess being healthy in here isn't really a thing is it. Still, I don't want to start any bad habits. Here let's do a grilled steak with some veggies." The girl says while starting up their dinner.

"I like how your home reflects your nationality, now I feel like I am in a small, peaceful town" Yuki looked at him and gave him something of a stern expression. "Oi. I better now hear about you sleeping in any trees or anything stupid like that. I have a bed in my room that you can use- in fact, I'm going to expand my house to have a guest room. If you need a place to sleep, you had better come here and rest. You hear me?"

The paladin sighed, she didn't want to come off angry or anything but it must be awful sleeping in trees or on the hard ground. He has to wake up sore or something. The smell of her steaks started to waft through the room. Almost forgetting to ask, she turned to Crowzeph while getting the vegetables ready for the grill. "How do you like your steak?"

"Night does visit often. Another good reason to get a guest room, and no, people don't come to get food from me all that often. I get some business everyone once in awhile but you and Night are really the only ones who get food from me."

Crozeph bolted up as Yuki mentioned about sleeping on trees or anywhere. Crozeph made an awkward laugh "o-of course I don't just sleep anywhere" he told her before laughing a little louder than before "I kind of chose higher branches on trees, and grasses with fewer mobs" he admitted shyly to her. Perhaps it was a habit that doesn't die so easily, at times he can't blame himself. His choices back then was his damp and gloomy shop or the outside, where he can sleep anywhere "I'm really thankful for your offer, I can always come here but I don't know if Night would approve of it, she scares me a little" he said "you know those scary older sister types? something like that."

Crozeph leaned on the backrest on where he's sitting "I like my steak well done, I can't eat meat that isn't well done" he replied. Crozeph then listened as she told him about how Night visits often and how her shop has the two of them as customers and some business every now and then "not to sound like an exaggeration but a lot of players are missing out on good home-made recipes by not buying here" he said as he draws a circle on the table with his finger "or maybe a lot of them want something more exquisite or grandiose, I live for the simple things so I guess it's just an opinion of mine" he said as he continued on circling his finger on the table. He felt at ease as he sat and excited as he begins to smell what Yuki is cooking "I like this feeling" he thought as he kept his smile to himself.

@Zajcica

"Well-Done coming up." The girl said as she pulled her own steak off the grill sooner than his. Middle ground was the best for her, medium steak would suit her best. After a few moments the vegetables were finished along with the remaining steak. Setting them on a plate and making sure everything was in order, she grabbed them both up in her hand, set them on the kotatsu table and sat to Crozeph's right, instead of across from him. "Itadakimasu" She gave him a warm smile while picking up her steak knife.

She was a quiet for a moment while she took in the flavors of the beef, letting the spices soak on her tongue. It was insanely hard to get the flavors to come out the way she made it, but she took pride in it. "Also, it doesn't matter what Night thinks of you. This is my house, and I say you are welcome here whenever you like. I encourage you to come and stay here if you have nowhere else to go. What if you fell from the tree and its too high? What if you do get attacked by mobs in your sleep.... I... Don't want to see your name on the Monument..."

Crozeph slowly let the aroma of the food that Yuki set before him settle in, just like always, he was enjoying it. He remembered that he asked for something that is fried earlier but this was much better than he expected. In his two years inside Aincrad, he had fewer options on where to eat, the best option he had back then was to eat what taverns and player-run shops had to offer. Given that some players just eat food for buffs or to satiate whatever hunger crept in, he rarely ate food that is good enough to enjoy eating slowly. Now as he met Yuki he had access to proper meals, his thinking to settle in rations to satiate his hunger was replaced by her cooking. 

Crozeph picked up his knife and gave thanks to his meal before eating while Yuki also sat beside him to eat. He listened as Yuki told him her worries about him sleeping anywhere "well the mobs attacking me while sleeping didn't happen yet, not that I want to but yeah" he told her as he took a bite off his steak "as for falling from trees, I've had some bad falls but I'm fine so far" he added. He wasn't concerned with what Night thinks of him, he just doesn't want another misunderstanding. "If you see my name on the monument, it'll probably be because of some strong boss or something. I'm doing my best to survive out there but with you offering your home it'll make things easier for me to navigate through floors whenever I am doing some errands and I need a place to stay."

"Oi!" Yuki slammed her hand on the kotatsu's wooden surface and gave him an angry look. The reaction was something of an outburst that Yuki fell back on once she realized she even scared herself with it. Her nervous voice came out, something that she would never really show out in the field. "D-Don't say those sort of things. You're name won't end up on that stupid slab... I-I'll protect you."

The paladin looked down at her food, not even half done with the plate. With him talking like this, how could she focus on eating. He was acting like his condition and health didn't matter. She wanted to cry thinking about things like that. After a moment, she sighs quietly and opens her menu. A small card summoned on the table between them, followed by it splitting in half and into two pieces when she clicked the 'Make a Copy' function. A pen formed in her hand when she pulled over to her to start writing. 'For Crow' followed by a drawing of a chibi version of herself holding a heart. The penmanship is immaculate and beautiful.

The girl slid the blue card with the writing over to him and took back her own. "Here. This is an access card to my house. Since it's outside the safe zone, I have to keep it locked all the time. Having this card will allow you to unlock the doors without trouble. Next time you visit, I'll have made a few more additions to the house and they'll be for you. You can use my bed to sleep if I'm not, even if I'm here. No more sleeping in trees. Promise?"

Crozeph saw her worried face, perhaps he was being too reckless when it comes to his way of resting. While there's nothing wrong with not sleeping inside Aincrad just like the food mechanics, they were still inclined to do it. Since Square One he had always been sleeping anywhere, everywhere, he didn't mind the twigs that stab annoyingly on his back or how hard a stone is a pillow. For some reason now he has three houses where he can stay. "This would be of great help to me" he told her as he took the card "I promise I won't be sleeping on trees and grass plus..." he placed a hand on her head patting her "I've got a guild now and a place where I can stay whenever I'm there, I'll be sure to visit you more often" he added. "I'm currently doing some gathering of items and materials for the guild which makes it hard for me to have a place to stay but now I've got like three people including you who offered their house in case I'm around" he placed the card inside the inventory, admiring how her handwriting and her drawing was there "I'll make good use of this, I like your place so I might drop in every now and then."

He gently pulled his hand from her head as he talked "now don't make that face, your food will taste bad" he told her as he continued to eat "if it was me of back then I would be stubborn about staying indoors but I've got you and the others offering a place to stay, it would be stupid to decline such generous offer..." he wiped some crumbs off his lips with the sleeve of his yukata "... I also get to eat some good meal from you."

@Zajcica

As Crow took up her lock card, a feeling of relief welled in the paladin's chest. Knowing that Crow had others that wanted to help him out would help set her heart at ease. His guild symbol was that of Jacob's Ladder. Mari and Shield were both part of that guild, so that was even better. Those two would let Crow get himself hurt.

Yuki shifted over the tatami mat next to her friend and reached out to give him a warm hug. No matter how hard she was trying to get those bad thoughts out of her head, they stayed, eating away at the relief she was feeling slowly. The paladin's thin arms wrapped around Crozeph's form. With her head nudged up against his chest, she hoped this didn't make things feel awkward. After a couple of seconds enjoying the hug, she let go of Crow and gave him a warm smile.

"You're always welcome here." Her expression lighting up and a more sincere smile forming on her face.

@Crozeph

Crozeph was finishing his meal when Yuki hugged him. It was probably the second time that someone hugged him, and it was warmer than what Mari did. Crozeph was almost frozen as he held a fork with the last piece of steak skewered on it. A weird feeling surged inside Crozeph, it was a warm feeling and he could feel his ears turning hot, he slowly tried to eat the last piece of the steak while Yuki hugs him. For a long time, he didn't receive enough hugs to make it feel "normal' to have or give one. He was content with smiling at a distance and the last hug that he had was to comfort him. This one felt more of a genuine feeling of someone who was concerned about his well-being and that made him convince himself that he has to take care of himself more.

He smiled as Yuki moved back after hugging him, it was a really nice feeling for him but it was also confusing. His heart was beating a little faster than normal and his face red but he was smiling, "t-thank you for that..." he scratched his cheek with his finger "...to be honest I kinda needed that" he told her. His last encounter with a player killer was rather too traumatizing that he didn't want to talk about it anytime soon. He looked at Yuki again with his face red and smiled awkwardly "c-can you hug me again?" he asked her.

@Zajcica

The girl paused while she was trying to move back to her seat. "C-can you hug me again?" Red blush flushed the woman's cheeks. She didn't say anything, feeling like her words would only further the awkward air. Shuffling back next to him, she threw her arms around his chest. Pressing her head against him, the pink locks ruffled against his clothes. This hug was much longer than her first one, three times as long.

Moving closer to him without realizing it, she looked up to him and gave him an embarrassed smile. "H-How is this?" She asked snuggling up to him quietly. Butterflies were welling up in her stomach.

"Um... So, have you thought about my proposal since we last talked then? You said you wanted more time to think on it since it was a bit sudden. My sentiment still stands if you want to... uh, you know?"

@Crozeph

It was indeed warmer than what he used to feel, he didn't know he needed it but it was a chance he couldn't just let to slip away. He leaned his head to hers gently as she hugged him. "yeah I know and I remember" he told her. It was a proposal that he said that he wanted time and maybe right now he can move on past the first stage "I'm glad someone like you is looking out for me its makes, I mean others do but there's always something different with how you do it" he added. His body didn't know how to respond but he liked it, "I could stay here for some time, just so I could spend time with you but I can't stay longer than what I wanted. I've got a guild I want to help and a few people I want to catch up with but I'll always be visiting you from now on" he added.

Crozeph closed his eyes and made a gentle smile, for some reason he also feels sleepy "damn this some kind of narcolepsy" he thought as her arms remained wrapped around him. It might be too sudden or maybe it might take too long but Crozeph was ready this time, no turning back from his own feelings "I'd like to spend time with you, whether it be a quest or simply going anywhere. I've been thinking about it for about a month now and I realized I wouldn't know you more if I keep on going anywhere without you most of the time." A huge step but Crozeph wasn't planning on taking it fast, he doesn't want to strain his emotional state and hurt Yuki "Night would kill me" he thought as they remained close to each other.

The both of them held each other for some time. The embarrassment was starting to wash away now that she was accepting that Crow was enjoying the interaction. In fact, the more they held each other, the more Crow seemed to ease up. His tension calmed and he looked like he was going to fall asleep right then and there. Yuki gave him her warm smile.

"You want to go lay down? You look like you could fall asleep." She half joked, finally breaking the hug so that she could finish the rest of her food. "My bed is super comfy and I'll leave the outside door open so you can still get the feeling of nature around you. The birds chirp right outside the door and the wind is calmed from the wall around the estate so its really peaceful. You'll fall asleep in seconds, I usually do too."

Crozeph scratched his eyes, with how sleep deprived he was with sleeping outside the past few days, it was no surprise that he would feel sleepy. Yuki's warmth was already enough to throw off his consciousness. "I think I'll just lie on the floor, its a tatami mat so it's fine for me," he told her as he ruffled his hair "I cam just lie down here beside you" he added before putting his back on the floor and rolling onto his side "I'll also stay until tomorrow, that way we can have dinner too" it might be too much but Crozeph really liked her cooking and now slowly the cook herself.

His eyes felt heavy as he lied down, even when it was a habit, Crozeph would still find himself amazed by how sleepy he can get when inside a comfortable place. It was a good sign that he is trusting whoever is with him and at the same time it also shows how tired he is with being alone and wary of his surroundings, not trusting people who are near him but here he is safe. He didn't have to think about danger or anyone betraying him, just having those thoughts and along with Yuki. Crozeph then fell asleep but before he could begin to sleep soundly he said one more thing to her "th... thank you, Yuki" he uttered weakly.

Crow laid back on the floor quietly. Yuki didn't really complain, even though it was right in the middle of her kitchen. She had fallen asleep underneath the kotatsu plenty of times herself, it has just been awhile. This was still a good start for him and much better than sleeping out in the field like an idiot. Once he had fallen to sleep, she got up from her seat and cleaned up the mess of plates that was cluttering her table.

Returning back to the boy who was just laying peacefully on the tatami mat, she kneeled down next to him and sighed. Was he always this tired? It probably had to do with being so deprived from a good sleep. She was at least satisfied that he wouldn't refuse her home as a place to stay.

"You can stay as long as you like..." She mumble, laying her head down on his chest and soon falling to sleep with him.

A fragment of memory unearthed by a peaceful slumber...

"I've been meaning to ask..." a man in his forties, few gray streaks of hair and holding an acoustic guitar spoke as he sat on a wooden chair "... do you have plans for marriage?" he asked a boy sitting on the opposite side, a laptop on a table and some papers scattered behind it "it has never crossed my mind and yes I think I won't be falling for my best friend" he replied in a rather serious tone. It must've been a serious conversation but the father wanted it to simply be a talk about the future plans of his son "you've only got two more years in college, I know you wouldn't fall for her. You two are basically treating each other as siblings ever since you entered college" he uttered as he tuned the guitar lower than the standard tuning his son has set on it.

"I don't think I'm cut for romance dad, I just want to live life as peaceful as possible."

"Ah that won't do, I always wanted to have a grandson or to see you settled before I decide to leave." 

"It's not like you're dying, and what do you mean by adding 'or' between having a grandson and settled?"

"I'm joking but I had this feeling that you might be..."

"I get what you mean now, like I said I don't think my emotional state is ready for such things."

The father eased himself on the chair and gently plucked on the strings of the guitar. "I don't want to see my son live a solitary life, you might long for peace but this kind of world you're born with will never give it fully to you that is why I wanted to see you happy with someone. I don't care who as long as you're happy" he said with such a calming voice. For a moment the boy remembered where his bad temper and seemingly calm nature to hide it came from "maybe someday, for now, I just wanted to be left alone by people who wouldn't be helpful, I've got our family to support after I graduate. Plus there's this nerve gear thing going on, I might get the items sooner than I expected so..." the boy turned around to face his father "yeah I should ask this, how did you know it was mom that you like? if one day that comes I have some info to dig in" he asked his father who gave him an amused smile "you remind me of my younger self, always thinking and not letting the heart play its part. Back then I always hear your mom cracking jokes, it was as lame as it can get and of course I can do better but when I wasn't able to hear her voice anymore I missed her. It felt like a new part of me was taking roots and then it got taken. My point is someday you might meet someone, she can offer you the simple things she knows but once you lost sight of her and the little things..." He finished his melody of soft-sounding notes with a downward strum "you'll miss her and sooner or later you'll come looking for her..."

Warmth, I never thought I needed it...

"Ugh I fell asleep really fast" Crozeph uttered as he felt his eyes heavy. Surely he was deprived of a good sleep, he wasn't even aware of the time and as he tried to stand up he felt Yuki beside him still sleeping. The girl's pink hair was still blurry in his sight, probably because he just woke up but Crozeph knew she was Yuki. He remained still after realizing it, once again they both slept next to each other. He placed a hand on her head and caressed her hair. Such strong feelings raced in his heart and a plethora of thoughts hid and emerged inside his head. "The simple things huh..." he whispered "...maybe this is the start." A lot of "ifs" raced with the thoughts of "I should" inside his head. Maybe he wasn't cut for the part where he feels something deeper than a familial love but that's just his assumption. Here is a person sleeping next to him. He liked the simple things she offered, the food, the cheerfulness, and the companionship in quests. If he pulls another denial card then he'd be more foolish than he will ever be, deceiving himself that this kind of feeling is trivial. Of course, they are trivial, but he thrived with things more chaotic than this, the game will never give him peace but he is now given a genuine kind of happiness. 

Thread Summary

@Zajcica 1 SP [completed page] + 3 SP [quest] + 1 SP [bonus] = 5 SP

Crozeph - 1 SP [SP completed page] + 1 SP [bonus] = 2 SP

400 col [completed page] per player

Sand Armor potion obtained by Yuki

Edited by Crozeph