[PP|F4]<<Feeding Your Enemy>>This again..

Banging on the door of the cook as hard as possible, and still walking in without being acknowledged, the Fox comes into Gaius's shop. She removes her porcelain mask and eyes him. "Oi! Dummy." She said as she approached him with crossed arms around her chest. "I need some buffed food to find that stupid familiar. I'm coming even more prepared this time. Last time I had a 40% increased chance to locate it this time it's something like 65%. There's no way it will take as long this time."

She looked around the shop to see what kind of foods he made since this was the first time she had ever been in here. An interesting assortment of food for someone of his taste in her opinion but it looked nice. "You can come along again if you want. I won't complain about it, but it definitely shouldn't take as long as the last attempt."

Spoiler

General
Level: 18 | HP:  360/360 | Energy: 36/36

Stats

DMG: 10 |  LD: +12

Skills
THBA Rank IV
Searching Rank II+I

Housing Buff
Relaxed, Filling(LD)

Equipment(In use)
Obsidian Scythe: DMG III
Familiar Lure: Expertise(Searching)
Fox Totem: LD III

Equipment(Standby)
Kitsune Mask: ACC III
Kitsu-mono: EVA I; Rec: II

Consumables:
(3x)Starter Potions
Extracted Perfume - Pheromones < using
Lemon Berry Palmiers - LD 3 < using
Cheerful March - Allure - Familiar Song < using

Spyglass[Charge: 2/3] < using

Looking out from the small cutaway window into the main bay of the building, the voice he recognized plain as day. "Yeah, let me box this s*** then." Gaius remarks pulling the pan off the fryer and shoving the whole damn thing into an ice chest with a sizzle. "You heard the lady get the f*** out!" Gaius shouted at the two patrons he could see still dining on the rounded tables, who scatter from their chairs and begin to leave. They were used to his rather explosive nature of flying off the handle and knew when to leave. They came for the food, not his company. A quick light of varied burners and removal of dough, he wrings it flat and begins to twist and envelop the fruit within the blanket of white. Once wrapped into the shape of a heart, Gaius scoffed on how it may be misinterpreted before dropping it into the oven. Moments later he emerges with a plate in hand. "This is what Mr. Guildmaster wanted for you last time." Gaius spoke pulling a plated tart sprinkled with lemon out and placing it along the bar counter. A small jar removed, he shakes on some lemon zest for added measure. "You can eat that while I finish my breakfast." As he moved back to the kitchen for his own meal.

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon

Level: 17

HP: 340/340

EN: 34/34

Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HA.S.] (T1/Perfect) +3 Base Damage

Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum

Armor: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Damage: 10

Mitigation: 9

Heavy Momentum: Every missed attack adds +2 Base Damage until the next successful one

Light Momentum: Every missed attack adds +2 Accuracy until the next successful one

Skills:

2H Assault Spear: Rank 4 (+7 Base Damage)

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Eva this turn, Cool down 3 turns

Battle Ready:

Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Edited by Gaius

Once the current occupants of the shop had vacated the premises, Megitsune pulled the lock closed to ensure that no other patrons would come in. She interrupted their meal, but whatever, they probably deserved it for some reason. With the both of them, it would take literal seconds to find this familiar. Once he pulled out the palmier, Fox stared at it's shape with a confused expression then looked at Gaius.

"What the hell? You got it in for me or something?" Her question only came with a realization. "What the f***? Is that why you call me princess?!"

She took the tart with it's plate and took a seat, a blush finally forming on her face as she looked at it alone where Gaius wasn't able to see the redness. After taking a bit of the food, however, she did actually enjoy the taste of the food he had prepared.

He knew it, he f***ing knew it would be a thing. "It's what the recipe...forget it." Gaius knew that no matter what he said it would just look like a defensive stance and make it more peculiar. She took a seat at the bar, he vanished into the kitchen and with multiple burners running a sea of eggs. Each is plated one after the other to amass a rather hearty breakfast that could feed four. Dropping the entirety of the multitude of plates to the long countertop, positioning himself on one of the rounded stools. A pour of coffee to a ceramic white mug, a bit of cream and sugar. As soon as he starts, its basically over in an almost feral undertaking. The meal is gone as fast as its made, leaving only blank platters picked clean before the girl even finished her portion. Sipping on the cup, Gaius flips through his menu as if reading a newspaper like a cartoon father.

One of the first things that Gaius realizes of Fox is that she eats insanely slow. She nibbled down the snack slowly until it's gone, taking up all the time it took him to cook and eat his own food. Trying to get her mind off the heart thing, she tried to wonder if his defense was just sincerely coincidence, or if he really was nudging her. Maybe he wanted to see her embarrassed. 

Once she was finished, she looked over to Gaius. "Well, if you're done, let's go. Sooner we get started, the sooner we get done." With a click of the door's lock and a ring of the bell, she waits for Gaius to lock up his store again and starts heading towards the floor's main teleporter. Once they arrived to the main settlement's teleportation terminal, she looked over to her companion. "You know where to meet me. Floor 4: Snowfrost!" And in an instant, she was gone.

Peeling the dirty dishes from the countertop in a cascaded pile of porcelain before grabbing hers and adding it to the pile. Into the kitchens washbasin, they are pitched, topping off the last of his morning brew before adding it to the sink as well. He'd have some dishes to attend to when he returned but with a morning meal riding the lining of his belly, he was fueled for a trek in the snow, sure. After all, the girl needed her gerbil still and the last attempt ran rather long enough they had to retire. "Yeah, gimme a minute." he barked as he ran water along the utensils before grabbing his weapon from the kitchen counter. He then just drops naked in his kitchen, thankfully the only place that was perceivable was his head. Swapping into his armor from his more casual attire, he made for the door. "Let's go get this son of a b****." Through the fields of golden wheat to which he harvested once in a while, and into the rural town of Nimbus. Through the plaza in the alcove in the rock a warp gate found, the girl takes it first, and with a quick sprung leap that rights himself on the pedestal he shouts: "I'm coming for ya! Floor 4: Snowfrost!" 

"F***ing cold..." The girl complained the moment she arrived in the city of Snowfrost. Every single time she comes here, it seems to get worse and worse. Winter must be in full swing this time around. Perfect timing.

Once Gaius appeared on the teleporter, she nodded in the direction they were going before leading the way back towards the cave they originally found Amatesrasu. Hopefully it hadn't relocated anywhere else. She didn't feel like tracking it again.

"I had to remove most of my combat gear to get all these buffing items, so I don't think that we can afford to go into combat easily." Once they left the town and were out of the sight of any other players, she removed her mask, resting it to the side of her head before folding her arms over her chest and rubbing her shoulders. "Can't feel much pain, but f*** why can I still feel the cold?"

The town of snowfrost seemed rather devoid of activity, perhaps due to the bitter chill in the air today. The floor was always under constant snowfall, but today it was thinner and colder. "Weird, don't think it was this bad before." Gaius thought to look to the sky, and it was a cloudy white and with a sharp exhale his breath was visible. Removing the outer layer of his clothing, the reddened jacket that proved as a way to keep his heat in, showing the black skin-tight undershirt and plating underneath on his shoulders and back. "Here, can't have you die on the way." Gaius drops it around her shoulders and starts to walk ahead, shuttering a moment but he was better suited against the cold. It was not to turbulent a journey, the only difficulty being wadding through the thickened snow up to ones shins that piled indefinitely from the unceasing storm.

“No wait, I’m fi-“ Her arguments were put aside instantly when he drapes his red coat over her tiny form. At first, she had a difficult time accepting his kind gesture but after a moment she was already starting to get warmer. She looked off to the side and responded with a quiet tone. “Th-Thank you.”

The instant feeling of her warmth changing was making her feel a bit more like maybe she should start showing Gaius a bit more thanks. Then she remember that he was a blockhead and a bit of an a**hat. But to be fair, so was she in her own way.

The cave that they needed to reach was a bit if a trek from Snowfrost. It was a higher leveled area so the location was far, far off. The location was even unmarked. “Alright. Back to hell on Aincrad.” She joked as she looked into the cave and started stepping in.

A bit of a trek ahead of the girl into the cavern that still had the same layout, through the narrowed winding paths that splintered into multiple directions. He looks back and sees Megitsune was just on his tail. His gaze looks back into the mouth of the cave and staring at him in a cold silence was what they were after. "YOU!" Gaius points as it looks at him blankly with a soft yip. "We've been looking everywhere for your a**, don't you f*** move." Gaius barked at it, it simply stared him down in a reciprocated glare in glowing red eyes. Reaching back and waving in a beckon of Megitsune, he wasn't about to break the line of sight with it, as it seemed as they were both frozen in time. This was the chance they needed, a new day under a chilled sun as if this creature had brought about the day.

The wind was pretty harsh in the open area’s of the field, prompting the Fox to replace her mask in front of her face to protect it from the cold. Once the cave was back in view, she let out a relieved sigh knowing that the could get out of the harsh weather. With him pushed ahead, she tried to catch up a bit but didn’t rush it. Subconsciously she would try to step in the foot prints that he left behind, his shoe size obviously dwarfing her own.

When the duo arrived at the opening the mouth of the cave, Gaius screamed so loud that his voice echoed through the cave and reverberated back at them. Amaterasu stopped in her tracks until she realized the tiny, masked woman running after her. She was faster this time. Diving quickly onto the boss mob, she began to wrestle with it almost literally. ”We spent too goddamn long looking for you! Now you’re going to come with me and you’re going to freakin’ like it, you hear?!”

As they wrestled, intense flames melted the snow and ice around them instantaneously. Gaius could see glimpses of the ground as it melted around them.

C4D28B2F-202A-48DA-ACBA-DBC2E5584B6A.thumb.jpeg.5fe6f98733e90fde0553c08a36786c7b.jpeg

Familiar found thank god.

Edited by Megitsune

As he stared it down a beckoned hand is met with a blur of black, as Megitsune latches to the beast like a man on a bronco. "Give it hell!" Gaius boasted and took a seat, she looked like she was having fun with it. Who was he to intervene with a good time, as the beast was casting bluish flame that reduced some of the flooring to dried dirt. "You weren't kidding, I thought it was cold though." he looked on and simply watched the show, he was convinced she could handle it. He did however take a stroll around and blocked the tunnels that lead deeper in while she had its attention, if it managed to wrangle free he would tackle it then. This little bastard had already given them quite a thorn in the side, and now the shoe was on the other foot. Gaius would make sure of it.

With their victory nearly in the bag, the Megitsune fought with the beast for awhile in attempt to quell it’s territorial nature and aggressive tactics. Fire was being blown into the girls face, but thankfully her mask was enough to keep the blaze from doing any meaningful damage. Dancing in a flurry of blue flames, the two white foxes struggled heavily until finally Amaterasu was calmed.

It quit breathing it's insanely hot fire and sat quietly in the girls arms. Megitsune tried to calm her breathing and removed her mask to look at her new pet, then over to Gaius. "Well... That was much easier."

The small fox looked up at Gaius curiously. It nodded its head to the side, inspecting the man. After it was let free from Megitsune's grasp it stood to its four feet and walked over to Gaius, rubbing it's white fur against his leg, then sniffing him. Smelling the food on him, she sits expectantly.

image.png

Familiar Tamed

In record time in an almost opposite of the day prior the beast calms under Fox's grasp as if two souls had bound. A clap of two hands together with a smile "That's how you do it, best things come from the unexpected." he spoke raising to his feet. The thing took to brushing his leg, he looked down a bit confused. "Go do that to her, she's got your leash." it then dawned on him that maybe it could smell his meal on his clothes. "I can respect being hungry." he spoke as he shuffled into his bag. Removing a bit of communed berries leftover from the girl's palmier earlier. "But I think its better if you do it." he bridged the gap the creature had traveled along back to Megitsune. Reaching for her hand and dropping the portion into her palm, "Feed it, if its food motivated then you've got it in the bag."

The fox followed the berries as Gaius moved them over to Megitsune. Taking the food in her hand, she reached down and allowed her pet to eat the berries right there. She gave it a quick pet as she finished eating.

"Well. Let's get the f*** off this floor. Floor 22 is so much more warm than this and its hella cold out here right now." The girl called for Amaterasu to follow her, which it did. That felt pretty nice after having remember the white-furred fox bounding away from her last time. Looks like this really was in the bag for them.

"Half the job is complete now. I need to train her to help me fight properly." She knew that Gaius was going to lose his mind when she told him that there was another quest that she had to do just to get the benefit she put into such detail the last time they were here into effect. "Want help getting a familiar for yourself? We could train them together."

The fox seemed to take a liking to the proposed foodstuff he had transferred to the girl, cementing her as a source of food for it to exploit. If the beast was purely motivated in this way, it would be sufficent to keep it following along. A primal need to sustain oneself was easy to manipulate when it came to animals. "Agreed, I don't think I will be seeing too much more in the way of new things in this cave. After all we did spend about 16 hours in here before." Gaius joked before her next question, and his first response would have been hell no but then the previous discussion of it basically being a second weapon and all that. Also, this wasn't nearly as bad as the last one, maybe he would be so lucky. "Sure but I am not going after, well that..." Gaius explained with a gesture to Amaterasu, the singular pain in the a** to track down. He would aim for something a bit easier to locate for his, basically anything because he was not too specific on the details.

"Just do what I did." The girl said covering her face from the elements with her loaned jacket "Wrestle the damn thing until it gives in to you."

Amaterasu's breath was still hot fire. Every once in awhile it would breath blue flame and leave a divit in the snow showing only the ground. The heat of the flames within it's body really did hold true to it's name taken from the goddess of the sun. Megitsune couldn't think of a better partner to accompany her through Aincrad than Amaterasu.

"So, if you aren't going to get a nine-tailed fire-breathing fox as a companion, what do you think you're going to get then?" Knowing him, he'd pick the first thing that he saw that he thought looked cool and tackle it. Whatever works for him. Her specifications were a little more demanding for Gaius's taste, but that didn't mean she'd stomp on his.

Gaius was pushing his legs through the snow, the weight was apparent but not too tough to press through. The fox seemed almost weightless along its surface as if it was walking on top of the fresh powder. Streams of blue flame trickled out and melted off some with each breath. "That's the plan." he boasted as the catch was half the fun of it, how often would you be able to best a beast and wrestle it into submission with your bare hands. Sounds like a raging good time. "Probably the first strong looking thing I see, I won't pretend its something exact. Basically the first thing I see and think to my self: Man, I wanna tackle that one will be it." spoken in honesty Gaius was not really bothered by what it was, as long as getting it was a party and a test of his strength.

The fact that she was pretty much spot on with her prediction on what he would choose for a familiar was almost uncanny. This really just showed how much the two of them had already learned about each other when they'd hardly spent more than a days time in each other's company. Ah, whatever, she wasn't going to spoil his fun or force him to find something as special as her familiar.

"Maybe you could try something like a bear or a big cat like a lion." She offered, at least trying to get him to think about what he could obtain for a familiar." It was about then that the duo had found their way back into Snowfrost. Thankfully they would be able to get off this stupid floor and back to somewhere warmer. If she had to spend any longer in this stupid endless winter and snow, she was going to freak out.

A simple trip through the unending snowfall back to the settlement on this floor, with the new creature in tow. It seemed like the girl got him enough to not fight him on what he would take, she respected his decision to just go with the flow. "Yeah maybe, I could see those putting up an excellent scuffle. Guess I'll just see what I spot when it comes down to it." The city of Snowfrost was still completely empty except NPC's. He didn't expect any different, people had a way of avoiding things that were difficult. It was one of the reasons he couldn't be bothered to listen to every weenie that tried to tell him what to do, as they were too afraid to do it themselves. The fact that Megitsune chose to keep going despite the cold, showed leagues to her character as one of the good ones. She was not afraid to press on when s*** got tough, she was no chickens*** that only preached action instead of actually taking them.