[F9-PP] A kindling of fire, an everlasting furnace (Feeding the enemy)

Preparing himself for what was to be another trip along the crags of fire that were native to the floor, at the base of Mount Stylahm where the strangest of metals seemed to form. Griswold was no stranger to the heat here, his skin had become hardened to the conditions and he had become accustomed. He attaches the chisel head to his mallet with the intention to batter the nodes he would surely find along the journey. This is what it meant to be a provisionalist, and after the warg he was convinced he had found a duty. Clutching the large rounded disk of stone that made the entry to his shop with both hands, the formation of that he would need on his journey in his inventory he begins to shift it over with a show of strength. It grinds against the entry as he exerts the force necessary allowing the sulfurous smell of the exterior into the hole once more.

Griswold Consumes: LD +3 (Food), Pheromone (+1 CD), Familiar Song (+2 LD), Spyglass Charge [1/3] remaining

Spoiler

Griswold, the Forgemaster
Level: 16
HP: 320/320
EN: 32/32

Stats:
Damage: 2
Mitigation: 39
THRNS:18
PARA:1
LD:6 (8)

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Reinforced Chisel Head [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Armor: Cobalt Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T1/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+27 Mitigation])
Misc: Plated Foundation - Impact[T1/Perfect/Shield] (Thorns 2 {18}, Paralyze 1 {9-10})

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Eruda just gets done looking over some information that Raidou had put down. Bits and pieces of things that were still unknown to her. While waiting for the next course of action from Raidou, Eruda decides to glance at the floors that were listed and unlock for players to collect materials they needed for better equipment. She decided that it was about time to get a new weapon and shield in her hands. A sword and shield that would better fuel her intentions for who she was starting to become as a person. With the new abilities that she was equipped with now, she wanted to show others how serious she was about being their protector. Reading over the floor locations she was determined to get some for of fire kit and for this, she needed ore that what hot enough to give her the fire that she felt inside. Eruda's eyes scroll over floor 9 on the paper. "Perfect," she says and she sets the sheet down and heads out the guildhall to floor 9. 

Eruda eventually gets to floor 9 and the moment she lands, the heat was insanely warm. "Wow, this is gonna take some time to get use to," she said as she starts her hot journey for hunting ores that were worthy to fit what she was looking for.

Spoiler

Eruda: The Non-Social Butterfly
Level: 18
HP: 360/360
EN: 36/36

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 39
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 2]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

A heavy step as he begins to beat a path up the side of the mountain, his equipment adding to his weight with each stride digging into the ground beneath him. He stops at the first of many and begins to hammer away, laced in brightened red blood carbon. Each blow knocking free rubble, bashing against it with his meaty body was no sweat being of excellent form it burned little of what he had in the tank. With a grunt it breaks loose one rich nugget of the mineral, he leaves it where it lies and continues to hammer away at what remained for he would need more than one piece to make a piece of gear out of. The difficult part being his furnace never reached the temperatures necessary without one hell of a fight, but it was what it meant to be a smith and one of his caliber.

ID# 154641 results: Loot: 15+6=21, Success!

1*T1 Material Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Griswold

Eruda was walking for a bit and none of these spots looked viable for what she was looking for. Standing still for a moment and looking around at her surrounding, Eruda sees a large mountain in the distance. "Heat rises, maybe there will be ore hot enough up that way," saying as she starts heading that way. The environment became more familiar to her. Now remembering that Griswold's shop was on this floor. It escaped her mind because she hasn't been up this way in a very long time. Eruda started to think of the dream that she had... Shaking her head she says "It can't be him, he is a guild member like me. If I find him around here I will get to know him a bit. Make it easier for me to fight with him in battles that will soon come."

She starts walking up the side of the mountain and after a bit of walking, there he was gathering. Griswold was wearing his full suit of armor like every time before this. Eruda got a bit nervous, not only because of what she saw in her dream but also that she knew that she needed to get a grip on all the feelings that she was having toward all the members of the Firm Anima. This was her chance to break the ice she thought as she walks a few feet from the giant man, looking for the right ore to gather. "H-hey Griswold," Eruda says in a cracky voice as she inspects each rock around her not looking directly at him.

Blasting away the stone with honed strikes with his mallet under the sweltering heat, his weapon acting as a pickaxe with the fixture on its head. Some more inert sections of tanned rock fall free but the rest remains strong. "Blasted stone, stop fighting me. I hadn't the time for this." when he hears some footsteps begin to approach him from behind. He glances over his shoulder and to his surprise it is Eruda, clad in the gleaming steel plates he had forged not long ago. "Ah lass, what brings you to my neck of the woods. You come here by choice?" he says in a hearty tone, continuing his assail of the node in heavy blows. It concaves and dents with rubble falling free, but it does not give. Griswold is not either, with his huge arms keep up the barrage with an aim to continue working in his forge without pause.

ID# 154651 results: Loot: 7+6=13, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

"I-I...It's sorta hard to explain," Eruda says with a frown trying to find the right words to say without making her reasoning sound stupid. Taking a deep breath "I am not sure if it is a thing because I am no metalworker but I need to find ore that is hot to the touch. Something strong, and capable of doing serious burn damage. I know it sounds a bit odd but I am not leaving till I find something like this." She sees a boulder that had steam flowing upward from it. "This might work," she says taking her shield out, walking toward it. Eruda bashes her shield against the large rock and it lets loose some rubble and a small piece of red ore. Picking it up she shakes her head saying "It's not hot enough..." turning the Griswold saying "I'm sorry, I actually forgot that your shop what up this way. I don't mean to be a bother." Eruda was not really good at getting to know anyone she soon realized. She was so distant from everyone in the real world that she didn't know the first thing about making friends. She starts looking around for a different rock in hopes that it was hotter than the last one.

ID# 154653 results: Loot: 19 Success!

1*T1 Material Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Eruda

The girl clearly knew nothing about what she was after, but he appreciated her Moxy. "How would you hold a sword that is hot all the time." Griswold chuckled, continuing to hammer away with the small nugget of information. "You need a blade that is hot when you need it to be, and still allows it to be sheathed." he explained to her hoping that it made some sense to her. "It's no bother lass, frankly the company makes this a tad less boring. Necessary but boring" as he continued to chip away at the stone. He had an idea what she was after, and with the right components, he may just be able to make something like she was describing work. He commented on what she picks up after breaking it loose "Feel how heavy that is, imagine if you were holding that in one hand. You need movement in combat, heavier isn't always better. That boy, Raidou is rather an enigma in the weapon he's chosen."

ID# 154654 results: Loot: 2+6=8, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

Eruda looks to Griswold as he talks and suggests. Smiling just a little at the fact that he didn't mind that she was here, but blushes when he mentions Raidou's and his sword. With a sigh she decides to describe what she was looking for with a deeper passion, knowing that she couldn't sound any stupider than before. "Lately there has been a burning feeling inside of me. The urge to protect everyone including the guild. I want nothing to get past me. I hate the thought of you or anyone else getting hurt. The fire within me which is something that I have never felt before. I...I think I am finally ready to be who I have always been. It wasn't until this game and Raidou that I realized it though. I want something that will reflect that of which I feel." Saying this with complete confidence and taking a deep breath to catch it as she realized that she said those words pretty quickly hoping he understood the gist of what was said. Eruda waits for an answer hoping he had the word to help her figure this out.

He was hammering away and he couldn't get the piece he was beating flat to break loose from its confines. The smith pauses for a moment with the heartfelt description of the gear she was after from Eruda, it was honest and thought out. She wanted the steel to reflect who she was and who she would become. "Seems that boy really has a way of forcing you to think yeah? Then you know where you stand, I can forge such a piece but it will be volatile. You sure you can handle playing with fire?" he spoke with a twisted head, for with the words she had spoken he already knew the answer she would give. He knew what to use and that it would require something very specific, something the girl would have to fight for but she seemed determined enough to brave the fires on the side of this mountain with nothing more than a dream.

ID# 154667 results: Loot: 3+6=9, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

That boy...Raidou...Eruda goes into a little more detail. "He has not forced me to think anything. He is the inspiration of my fire that I seek. Seeing him fight with little to nothing but the Red Robe I made him and those blades of his. The way he pushed me while we fought the warg and his pups made me feel something I never knew that I had in me. The moment he said that he believed in me...I have never in my entire life had that feeling. With this game being as dangerous as it is, I knew right then that I could do better. I need to be better. I will not let the fear of dying stagger my progress in protected everyone that I possibly can. So to answer your question, Griswold...Yes! I am ready to play with fire and to do whatever it takes to do so." Eruda turns to that same boulder she slammed before and bashed it again. It fell into a bunch of large rocks. She reaches down to pick up the red ore mineral that looked different from the rest. Turning to him saying now "The question is are you," as a grin forms across her face.

ID# 154669 results: Loot: 15 Success!

1*T1 Material Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Eruda

With the fire on her words, it seems the girl may have misunderstood the premise. "Thinking is good, it starts a change. He hasn't forced you but his ability has. I've seen that boy and it's with a tenacity that is unmatched. But it is calculated to the last second, even the lowest of enemies are approached with caution. We should all be so wise, so ready for all that would harm us with humility and in safety. That is what I mean, he has not forced me to change but through his actions, I am willing to change to be what he needs me to be as are you now." he explains for Eruda's age was showing, Griswold had been seasoned and although Raidou did not straight up tell them to, all of the guild was feeling his influence every day in his silence. A few searing noises behind the girl as she spoke with such aggression, a beast moves behind her with a heavy almost pant as the ground was turning to liquid under its superheated step. "Stand back girl!" Griswold barks peeling his shield up, and glaring at the creature would stand against it.

ID# 154671 results: Loot: 13+8=21, Familiar Search Successful!

Kiln-Fiend-banner.jpg.3cfa1d20516357302e21d829683ca90f.jpg

Edited by Griswold

Eruda listens to Griswolds every word and before she could speak anything else she heard a sizzle and popping from behind her. Like a fire that hated what was put in it. Eruda turns quickly pulling her sword out. The adrenaline from her words and his kept her amped-up causing fear to be no factor. At first, she was confused at what she was looking at because all she could see was a fire burning by itself. Looking to the ground, it was melting underneath the things feet? With a more keen eye, she sees a very large doggish creature with long ears within the flames. With Eruda being so close, the flames dance feet from her. Given the words that she just told Griswold moments ago, she didn't let this creature scare her. Eruda simply puts her shield up in front of her waiting for the large creature to make a move, only then would she react if she had to.  

Moving beside Eruda they were both standing strong with shields raised, but the creature they were staring down was acting strangely. It had not lunged at them or attempted to harm them...yet but this wouldn't stop Griswold from remaining on guard. It begins to walk toward them closer as the ground turns to magma, it seems to pay them little mind but the stone beside them it was after. Opening a maw revealed the entire thing was a composite of pure flame, its 'fangs' sunk into the material node as the rock began to scream in agony. The stone was becoming a liquid as the metals within it began to pick at like meat on a bone. "Hmm..." Griswold had a thought, if he could wrangle this thing perhaps it could be useful. "Eruda, I am thinking of roping this thing. You with me?" he spoke from within his helmet.

ID# 154693 results: Craft: 2+1=3, Failure!

[1/4] Failures

Edited by Griswold

Eruda watches the magma form around the creature with every step. Crunching into the rock as it too creates a liquid from the metal within its maw. "If that's the plan then lets get it tamed," she says as the hot liquid drips from its mouth, spilling to the ground making a sizzling sound. Eruda starts slowly walking around the volcanic heat to the other side of the creature. It looks to Eruda and to Griswold and tilts its head then back to Eruda knowing almost like it knew that something was up. Something that he was not going to like. The creature lets out a huff as black smoke escapes from its nose. The creature shakes like a wet dog causing little flames to fly from him in every direction. Eruda quickly blocks a few lava drops with her shield and slowly looks over at it peaking her eyes just above her shield saying "What is the plan to do such thing," as she stands there on the other side of the creature.

Edited by Eruda

Simply staring down the beast and moving in tandem with Eruda trying to get a sense of how to wrangle this creature was quite, well difficult. He had no idea on how to approach a literal walking source of fire, the quickest way to be burned. "Well I suppose we are both ready to play with fire." Griswold chuckled at the irony as the beast flourished around spreading liquid rock around, blocking it with his shield as the steel began to head as the molten fluid began to cool. "I got nothin', Any ideas?" he barked out, squaring off with it but it seemed completely uninterested in the player's activity none the less. It breaths heavily and the molten minerals in its mouth begin to pour out into a pocket along the ground and what trails before it cools off its purified metal. Griswold had to have this thing, seeing it excrete this.

ID# 154701 results: Craft: 3+1=4, Failure!

[2/4] Failures

Edited by Griswold

Eruda slightly chuckles too at the ironic statement. Pulling her sheet of metal from her face she glances at the demolished boulder with bits and pieces of tiny ore chunks laying around that were not melted by the creature's volcanic properties. "I might have an idea," as the ball of burning flames crunch into what remained of the boulder beside them proving her point she had yet to say. "It seems to be interested in the rocks and maybe the ore too. Try feeding it what you have in your bag. I have one or two pieces if you need it." As ridiculous as it sounded to say it out loud given the circumstances it made sense to her. Eruda continues to circle the creature just in case her idea didn't work. Eruda looks down just in time to see a pothole that is created by the burning paws. A small just is made to avoid it as she continues to watch the creature in toe with Griswold.

Edited by Eruda

Reaching for the one nugget he had claimed with an inquisitive twist to his words "Yah think?" as he palmed the piece of ore in his hand. He then whistles and the beast perks up. "Catch!" Griswold heaves it and it seems to erupt and like a dog with a ball it leaps and snatches it out of the air. To his surprise the creature takes to his side, you can hear a bit of what sounds like ice in a boiler and Griswold has an idea, grabbing an ingot mold from his inventory. It begins to allow glowing metal to pour from its maw and Griswold places the cast underneath it and most of what was inside manages to make it into the platter. "Would you look at that, it's completely pure." as the creature takes a colder color and bumps into Griswold's leg. "Looks hungry, guess we look for more."

ID# 154705 results: Craft: 8+1=9, Success!

Edited by Griswold

Eruda sighs in relief as her idea worked. It takes a calmer form as it nudges Griswold's leg. Eruda puts her equipment away and walks to them. "Here you can feed it mine. With you helping me, it will be that much easier to obtain what I am looking for," Eruda pulls out the two red ore's that she gathered earlier giving them to Griswold. Eruda pats the creature's head with a smile. She started to think of the dream she had again but she didn't want to mention that as it seemed soo weird to say what was seen so she pops off with a different quest instead. "So now that it's on our side, what will you call him?" Not the question she wanted to ask but now was not the time. Maybe she would get a chance later to ask him the stupid questions that were drilling in her head. Eruda was smiling so she didn't realize that a tear had dripped from her face thinking about the subject as it falls on the creature with a sizzle as it evaporated on its warm body.  

A pause and a thought of what he should call this creature, as it begins to kindle a bit hotter at the ore Eruda had offered it beginning to 'chew' on them and you can hear the snapping and melting of stone. He pulls out the cooled ingot and begins to catch more of what it was 'drooling' out, into the mold to produce another pure ingot of blood carbon. "I think I'll call him Vulcan, seems fitting all things considered." Griswold remarks while knelt and patting the elementals side while it breaks away at the materials like a rawhide bone. "It's about time I forged you a weapon eh? I am thinking Rosantium. You mix blood carbon with Magmir and you get a red Scarletite, bit too heavy but introduce quicksilver and it maintains the benefits but makes it much lighter. When torn against pure quicksilver it should light for a while from the sparks. Sound good?"

Eruda smiles as the fiend seemed to be enjoying himself. "Hmm, It sounds perfect. We will give it a try and see if it does what I want it to." Eruda pats the creature's head as its drool forms molds from what Griswold held under it. "So we caught him, and from my understanding, you need to train him now. I will stay put and help if you need it. Plus I am really looking forward to what this creature can do. It might even be able to help with the weapon I'm intending to use." Eruda glances around for a tree of sorts to lean against. Finding a decent-sized rock instead, she scoots herself onto it and says looking toward the two now "I also wanted to ask you some question if you don't mind." She starts to think of all the questions that she was thinking about earlier. After seeing Griswold's face in her dream she just had to know the truth of what he really looked like so she could get past this nonsense of a though.