[PP|F03] «Treant Rivalries»

Sitting around doing nothing was not something he liked to do. Raidou and the rest were busy doing their own thing today so he decided it would be best for him to be proactive. He looked through a variety of quests that day and decided that he would finally start the one that he had flagged for quite some time. The quest itself seemed rather simplistic but the it would help him advance no matter how small the quest may be. With the HUD information up, he simply swiped a few times and entered a small description. Need help clearing Elves. He simply pressed send as he wasn't willing to simply just go off and try to destroy things at his own accord. "That should do it." He nodded feeling accomplished with what he had done. He hoped he would get an answer relatively quickly.

He made his way toward the gate where he would wait for any news of acceptance. Amber eyes drifted from one person to another. Certain things did not change like the amount of people who stayed inside the safe zone. He had reasons to leave. With that moment, he would decide  for himself how to get out and not let anyone change it. The faster he leveled, the faster he would be able to see those who had sacrificed themselves or had gone missing. @Cordelia

Spoiler

Level 14: HP:280 Energy 28

Weapon: Jagged Fang
+2 DMG +1 Bld

Armor: Rose Prism
+ 1 EVA +2 MIT

Trinkets: Primrose Cross
+3 Loot Dice

Eye of Rain

+2 ACC +1 REC

Skills:
Dagger: Rank 3

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

A beam of light coupled with a few falling black feathers filled the space in the teleport gate as Cordelia and her familiars appeared on top of the pad. Recently, she'd been trying to clear through her list of quests - hoping that she would be able to get the majority of them down before the next floor boss fight was scheduled to happen. 

She looked at the piece of parchment in her hand as she hopped off of the teleportation pad, two identical ravens perched on each of her shoulder as she did so. 

"Alright..." she murmured, her eyes scanning up and down the list before it landed on a block of words. "Elvish and Treant Rivalries. I have no idea how we managed to skip those. The recommended level is less than half of mine," the girl muttered before shoving the list in her coat. "Well, it shouldn't be hard at all, right Pacco?" she asked, turning her head to look at both of her raven familiars before grimacing. Right - they couldn't talk. She wasn't sure if they could even understand her since the only way they ever reaction to anything was either with a blank stare or a loud caw. 

"... right."

The ivory-haired player sighed, turning her attention to the wide wooden board placed in the general plaza of the town, a certain piece of paper catching her attention:

"Need help clearing Elves"

"I think it's our lucky day, Pacco, look at that!" she exclaimed, gesturing with both hands to the pinned paper before deadpanning. "... right. No speaking. No understanding... and no reading. You certainly are getting smarter by the minute, Cordelia,"  she whispered under her breath, giving herself a good face-palm before making her way over to the town's gate - or rather, exit, where she assumed the person who put up the request would be. That made sense, right? Not really. They should've just put the location or meet-up place if they planned on getting help from another party. 

When she got to the town's exit, there only seemed to be a single player, who coincidentally, also had white hair. Seeing that she had no other choice but to ask, she shoot her shot.

"Hey are you that player who put up the request back on the bulletin board?"

Spoiler

[STATS:]

[ LVL: 58 | HP: 1180/1180 | EN: 116/116 | 20 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC ]

[EQUIPPED:]

▶ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
 ▶ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
 ▶ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

[CONSUMED:]

[SKILLS AND MODS:]

Spoiler

[NON-COMBAT]:

[PASSIVE]:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement.
     ● Description: Your Familiar helps you in combat. For each skill level invested, the players gains +1 to their Base Damage. You may only benefit from one Familiar Mastery skill at a time. These bonuses cannot exceed your enhancement cap.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>>

☆ R3 HIDING SKILL: +3 Stealth Rating
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: +1 Stealth Rating per rank.
     ● Description: Blend into your surroundings, making it harder for monsters and other players to sense your presence and detect you.

☆ R5 LIGHT ARMOR SKILL: [25 MIT]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain mitigation based on your rank in the Light Armor skill. May only benefit from one armor skill at a time.
     ● Description: You become proficient with light armor.
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP

☆ DISGUISE:
     ▷ Active: Free Action
     Cooldown: 3 Turns
     ▶ Effect: Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn
     ● Description: After having fought and killed your duplicate, you have learnt how to use its trick of becoming another, visually becoming another target.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

☆ SURVIVAL: 
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
     ▶ Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<The Traveler>>

[COMBAT]:

☆ R5 BATTLE HEALING
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
Description: Passively recover health in battle.

☆ R2 CHARGE
      Active: Post Action
     ▶ Effect: +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects from other skills and mods (e.g. Suprise Attack mods from Hiding, Tracking mod from Searching) and now have a -1 Accuracy debuff.
Description: Charge towards an opponent to inflict extra damage.

[WEAPON SKILLS]:

☆ R1 CURVED SWORD SKILL [DISREGARDED] 
☆ R5 KATANA SKILL [7 DMG/+1 DMG]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +3 base damage for rank 1, then +1 base damage for ranks 2-5.
  > Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

> Precision: +1 ACC

> R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

Spoiler

HOUSING BUFFS:

☆ RELAXED:
     ▷ Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

☆ ADVANCED TRAINING:
     ▷ +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

TASTY:
     ▷ Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.

☆ HARD-WORKING:
     ▷ +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

SCENTS OF THE WILD STATUE BUFFS:

• The Statues' stat effects cannot be used until a player has PERSONALLY gathered all 6 trophies. You cannot gather three and another player get three and put them together.
  • Statues are non-tradeable, they are bound to your own player.
  • You can only have one statue effect activated at a time in a thread (I.E. You can't have +1 Damage and +50 Overhealth, you can only have one or the other in a thread).
  • Statues cosmetic effects can be used anywhere, but only one can be used in a certain area at a time

☆ KUMATETSU STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated «The Leech Lich». When used, it gives +1 LD for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the musty, re-used air, the heaviness of the floor's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It also gives off the feeling of dread, being watched from every angle, and unseen creatures waiting in the shadows. It can also be taken to group gatherings to give an atmosphere.

MORETSUNA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Mighty Mōretsuna. When used, it gives +50 base health for one thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the ocean from the beaches surrounding the islands. The sound of waves crashing along the shore and the scent of the sea air carried from far off lands, and the warm feeling of the sun against a person's skin. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ TANOS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ MOTHRA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Stealthy Suterusu. When used, it gives +1 Energy recovery for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the old and abandoned ruins found throughout the floor. The sweet plants that grow within the overgrown areas combine to make a pure, sweet scent that can almost be seen as romantic.  A slow, steady rhythm can be heard, echoing over mountains from hidden tribes. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

BIALAS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Shocking Taneuma. When used, it gives +1 Taunt buff for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the forests surrounding the area. The sweet smell of fresh sap coming from maple trees is strong and gives a fragrant aroma. The sound of a nearby lake can be heard, a fish can also be heard jumping to the surface and landing back down into the water with a small splash every few moments, and the distant sounds of birds can be heard as well. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

He happened to be spacing out at every little thing now since he was enjoying the world but also wishing for his own death at the same time. It was a broken relationship in his mind for the time being. It was, however, disrupted by someone who spoke to him. His concentration snapped as he looked over to Cordelia. "Huh?" He blankly looked at her. His amber eyes blinked a few times trying to process her information before snapping back from where ever his brain had decided to vacation. "Oh god I'm sorry!" He bowed his head quickly and apologetically.

After the couple dozen bows, he looked up at her and nodded."Yes... I'm sorry I forgot to identify who I was or what I even looked like. " He felt like an idiot for not giving anything to let this woman figure out who he was.  Sigh. " Thank you for responding to my quest. I appreciate any help that someone is willing to offer to me. "He smiled brightly and gazed upon her familiar." I need to get me one someday.. " His thoughts had already drifted for a for a moment." Would you like to depart now? I don't think anyone else is coming." Judging by the armor she had, she seemed to be strong with just the look by itself. @Cordelia

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Cordelia nodded her head eagerly. "It's all good. With me around, you won't have to worry about a thing," she beamed, grinning like a child before she nodded her head again. "Yeah, that's fine. Let's get going. I think we should have this done by at least the afternoon. The journey is probably going to be the longest and hardest part about this though." Cordelia's head tilted up towards the sky. The day was still young, she would've guessed around eight-ish?

"Anyway, let's head out."

"So," she began as they started their journey to the forest, attempting to make some small talk with the stranger, "my name's Cordelia by the way. I should've said that sooner. This is also Pacco!" she chirped, pointing to the pair of ravens before smiling. "The reason why "they" have a single name is because Pacco is kind of like a hive-mind creature? I don't know how to say it other than that. So they pretty much just share a single mind... if that's hard to envision, just imagine that they're really realistic handpuppets that have an invisible host. That's how I do it anyway."

She inhaled, and then quickly let out a long sigh. "Sorry if I'm rambling - I think I had an extra cup of coffee this morning and it's really getting to my head - which again, doesn't make a whole lot of sense since I'm pretty sure the concept of sugar doesn't really work in this game. . . maybe my mind is just tricking me - I don't really know. . ."

The words flowed to him a mile a minute but he was able to keep up with her. He followed her presence beside her listening to her about her morning and her familiar. "Its okay! I'm not much of a coffee drinker.. I prefer something along with like a root beer float if we could make one. I have a sweet tooth. I tend to avoid coffee since I'm already hyper active for the most part." This girl reminded him of a certain blue haired girl. He offered a slight smile as it was refreshing.

His eyes moved toward the familiar. He had been putting off the idea of getting one but they seemed great from what he had gathered and witnessed." I'm looking to try to tame a penguin if  its possible for me. I really want one as they are cute and intelligent when it comes to mimicking human behavior.. Like they have ways to express love and finding a mate with a smooth rock. " It was a strange fact but true none the less. " My name is Kiluia. I forgot to introduce myself before I got absorbed by all of that. " The poor man was distracted by all of the banter they had and laughed as they walked." So anyway. I'll leave it to you.. I will do whatever I can.. but don't expect too much. I'm still shaking off the jitters." His eyes looked around as he noticed that some trees were swaying in several directions "That is not normal... I think we might be here." Did they walk that long already?

Cordelia stretched her hand behind her back, slightly disturbing her familiars though they made no caw-ment about it. "I typically don't drink it as much as I used to. Before a few months ago, I couldn't live a day without it - now, I just drink it every once a month or so..." she mumbled, tilting her head from side to side as she let out an exuberant laugh. "I like sweets too, but I get pretty sick of it if I eat too much," she exclaimed, grimacing as she remembered the countless times where she had inhaled an ungodly amount of sugar and regret it almost immediately after.

"A penguin, huh..." she repeated, slowing down just slightly before resuming her pace. "Floor Found sounds like a good place to start. Other than that, I have no idea where else you would be able to find a penguin. What kind of familiar type are you looking for? Damage? Mitigation? Accuracy? All of them are pretty solid choices but it really depends on your build. Try to decide on one when you first get it though. It's a huge pain to retrain them when you switch over to a different mastery."

"Kiluia, huh? Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope we get to see each other after this encounter. You seem like pleasant company," she beamed, giving him an inncoent smile before turning back to the direction of the forest, which wasn't too far from the looks of it.

"Oh, don't worry about it too much. You won't have to lift a finger," she snickered, tapping on the hilt of her katana with a slight smirk before turning to give him a reassuring smile. 

Cordelia looked up and nodded. "My infobroker gave me a bit of information about this quest before I came here. I think we should take the Treants' side for this quest. The rewards are better and it'll probably be easier in general," she looked over to Kiluia, seeing if he had anything to add before turning back to the forest. "It won't be long until the Treants come to ask us for help. So be prepared for that," she hummed, tapping her foot against the ground as she waited for the magic to happen.

He liked the confidence Cordelia exhibited. The fact that she was confident in taking down anything in her path was a nice change of pace when he would otherwise be bumbling around looking for something to do. "I want an offensive familiar but also something that will help me find loot. I was thinking of becoming of a treasure hunter/assassin type." He was thinking differently because everyone loved a treasure hunter in the party. 

He perked his eyebrow as she mentioned about being prepared. "What do y.." As if on cue, a flock of birds engulfed the sky darkening it the moment he wanted to speak about what she meant.

The ground shook with ferocity causing the footing to be tricky but he made it. The treants were coming to life in front of them at the edge of the forest. This was apparently the trigger spot to get the quest going. Amber eyes locked forward and he spoke in a soft tone. "So that is what you meant..." His voice drifted. Seeing things like this was always magical in any way and exciting as well. His eyes twinkled a bit as he watched the situation unfold before the two. 

"Humans...." The treants beckoned the duo to them. "You have answered our call for help. For that, we owe you our gratitude. The details have already been discussed as to what we wish for your assistance with. The war has already started." A branch would move and direct toward the deeper part of the forest. "There you will find what you seek to complete. Our kinfolk are watching. Please help.." The treant groaned while talking to them slowly. 

Well that was interesting. He nodded as he looked over at Cordelia. "That was interesting. Ready?"

"Ah... I see. Well, trust your gut. That's what I've been doing and look at me, I'm still going strong!" she cackled, giving the man a thumbs-up before turning back to the forest.

As if like a cutscene, the treants appeared before them. She always liked treants. They were just living trees after all. She couldn't say the same about the elves though, they always seemed suspicious to her. What right did they have to take a tree from the trees? Lord, now she felt like she was doing some type of Lorax business. I am Cordelia and I speak for the tree- treants. 

"Yep," she grinned, popping the 'p' as the treants relayed the exact same information she had gotten from Hynes. "Don't worry Mister Living Tree, we'll get your home back in no time!" she said enthusiastically, offering him a fleshy thumbs-up. 

Cordelia hummed in agreement, unsheathing her katana before gesturing for Kiluia to follow her. "This shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'll have to single target the Elvish King instead of AoEing it though, but other than that- leave everything to me," she chirped, giving him a toothy and confident grin before she turned back to the forest trail. 

Kil looked at the giant tree and nodded in agreement with what Cordelia stated. " I'm sure we can do it relatively quickly. So please rest assured we will do what we can to get back to you with positive news." He did what he could with as much etiquette he was taught despite it being a mystical.. fake... tree.Ha. He thought as it was a tree and he was losing it ever so slowly. Step by step they started to traverse the environment going deeper in the forest. "Gotta admit, you have to hand it to the story developers to make such a quest. I prefer to save the treants like you. I think the elves suck for taking over their crap." He spoke in a normal tone. He felt a little bit more comfortable speaking to Cordelia. The certain someone he thought of was present in her so he let his guard lax for a moment. 

"I'm a dagger user so I'm pretty low on the totem on damage for the time being until I get up in levels. So yea, I'll be depending on you, Cordelia." He returned the smile that she gave him as he listened to their surroundings. He may not be adapt yet but he was trying to listen to every little movement to prove he could at least try to be a little useful. 

ID: 155549
BD: 7, Hit | 20x8=160-30=130

ID: 155550
BD: 8, Hit | 20x8=160-30=130

ID: 155551
BD: 2+5=7, Hit | 20x8=160-30=130

ID: 155552
BD: 5+5=10, Hit | 20x8=160-30=130

LVL: 58 | HP1180/1180 | EN: 102/116 | 20 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC -14

Elf Soldier #1: HP: 0/65 | 30 MIT | 15 DMG -130
Elf Soldier #2: HP: 0/65 | 30 MIT | 15 DMG -130
Elf Soldier #3: HP: 0/65 | 30 MIT | 15 DMG -130
Elf Soldier #4: HP: 0/65 | 30 MIT | 15 DMG -130

Edited by Cordelia