[PP|F10]«Leeching Nightmare» Meanie- oh...

Floor 10. The spooky floor that she had come to before to find a familiar that was interesting. The air only seemed to be threatening though, so she had retreated to the second floor to find something less terrifying. Hyoh was her partner now, and she doesn't regret leaving this floor to have found the cub abandoned by it's parents.

It had been awhile since Assassin had seen Hidden, but she called her to finish these quests that involved bosses like the mean bear. She had been somewhat quiet up to this point, but Assassin was beginning to feel a little antsy with the silence and the gloomy back ground. "H-Hey, Nee-chan. What are we going to be fighting?"

She stuck close to her older sister, being sure not to cling to her like she does with Ariel and ensuring that her familiar was following suit. "I hope we finish it quickly."

@Hidden

Spoiler

Assassin
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 23
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Kami Sori: DMG: III
Armor: Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Misc: Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I

Skills:
Dagger [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1

STATS

Spoiler

Stats

Hidden
Level 50
[0] Hidden | 1020/1020 HP | 100/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
HP
100 Energy
4 Accuracy
2 Evasion
16 Base Damage
61 Mitigation
+4 Stealth Rating

Gear
<<Nato's Might>>           // +8 Holy, 1 ACC, 1 Vampiric Offensive
<<Shadow's Silence>> // +54 Mit, +1 EVA
<<Shadow's Light>> // +3 ACC
              <<Umbra>> // +9 DMG

Buffs

Battle Ready Inventory

Skills

Dagger | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Hide | Rank 4: +4 Stealth Rating
Light Armor | Rank 5: +18 Mitigation                               
E Familiar - DMG | Rank 3 +6 DMG
E Survival | No Ranks: Immunity to Environmental Effects
Disguise | +1 EVA til next turn - 5 Turn Cooldown

Skill Mods

Athletics ~ +20 HP, +1 DMG
Precision ~ +1 ACC

Acrobatics ~ +1 EVA

As they stepped out onto the tenth floor, Hidden would smile. This place had been the normal of where she wandered. The musty air and dark atmosphere scared away many players. That was the reason that she called it her getaway. Her familiar would step from out from Hidden's shadow and bound while encircling the two players. The familiar enjoyed her home. Hidden had always harbored a feeling that the familiar searched for something while it was here. As if before she made it her familiar it had lost something important to it.

She noticed Assassin's nervousness and rolled her eyes. "We're fighting the actual bane to our weapon's today. Where an area attack would work best best but we don't have that. Its going to be annoying. Don't worry though. I know exactly where it is. I spend a lot of time here. It is the floor that is as equally... gloomy as me."

She stepped forward, ensuring that the smaller girl tailed closely behind her. 

Leech Lich

The younger girl cleared her throat a bit. She didn't want to act that nervous around Hidden, but this floor had an eerie effect on her. She couldn't take it.

"As long as I have Nee-chan, I can't be too scared." She gave her an awkward smile, trying to lighten the mood for her at least. The duo traveled through the caverns of floor ten, the only thing to be heard through their conversation is the sound of the shoes clicking on the rocky floor. The silence still put her in unease, so she tried to think of something else to talk about. Looking up to the names of the party, she just remembered that Nee-chan's name is Hidden. A confused look on her face, she looks up to her roguish counterpart.

"Um, why is your name 'Hidden'?" She asked, hoping that she wouldn't yell at her for asking a dumb question.

Hidden walked in the direction towards the quest area. It was actually not in too bad of a remote place which was rather odd because everything else in the damn floor was. She heard Assassin mention that she couldn't be too scared if Hidden was around. The girl had a point. Not too many people would be able to keep up with her at this point. 

"Um, why is your name 'Hidden'?"

Brought away from her thoughts, Hidden would look down to find the small girl staring up at her with a confused look. "Ah. I'm sure you're looking for some really cool reason why  I came up with my username. My real name sounds American since I have descent from America on my mother's side. My first name and last name placed together oddly spell the word "hidden", That's really all there is."

She stifled a chuckle and then continued to walk. They were nearing their destination. 

"I don't care if your name is cool or not, I just like being with you." She mumbled out quietly but still loud enough for Hidden to hear her. "I bet you think I was trying to come up with a really cool and dangerous name so people would be scared of me, but really, I didn't get to choose the name upon entering the game. It was already assigned by the person who wanted the helmet thingie. I stole it from someone in the orphanage cause they were mean to me." She went silent for a moment, looking down at her feet.

"I didn't even want the name, I hate it. People get scared of me because I have that name and the only way I can wield a weapon correctly is because tiny daggers exist. Everything else that is good has to be held in two-hands and weighs a lot. It's annoying and hard to swing."

Hidden listened intently as Assassin spoke of how she ended up with her name and used her weapons. It was pretty interesting and it didn't sound like Assassin wanted to be here in the first place. She was trying to get back at someone at the orphanage that had annoyed her. Hidden remained silent as she mentioned she hated her character name because people get scared of it. 

"Oh? So you hate your character name? I don't think there is any way to change it. But if it bothers you so much, why don't you ask people to call you something else?" she would ask the girl with an inquisitive glance. "I go by Hidden because I don't like anyone knowing my real identity. The real me is different than I am... It's hard to explain so just forget I mentioned it." She uncomfortably corrected the way her cloak sat on her. "You don't have to go by Assassin. You could go by anything. Even your real name. I could even come up one for you if you'd like." She would stop her walking and focus on the girl alone even if it was just for this moment. 

Her real name? Was that something she should be doing? Kobayashi-san probably wouldn't like it, but she hasn't seen her in years. Plus, it's Nee-chan, so she wouldn't use it against her. "Yeah, I don't like the name Assassin too much. If you want to call me be another name, I don't mind. Though, I'm not sure what you should call me. I guess if you don't come up with anything... you could call me by my real name..." She stopped as Hidden did. Waiting for an answer on Hidden's query, she wondered if it was just best to let the woman use her real name. Kaya wasn't such a bad name. The caretaker said it meant peace or pure, which sounded nice in her head anyways.

"If I tell you my real name, would you be willing to tell me yours?" She did say that they were a mix of her first and last name. Maybe she could figure it out on her own if she was lucky.

"If you want me to come up with something I will. Though you're gonna have to give me just a little bit. It takes time. I'd rather not use your real name. I wouldn't like people calling me by mine so I bet its the same way for you."  Hidden continued walking, becoming really close to the quest location. What was the plan again? Kill the first two enemies, let the lich eat the others and then kill it right? Easy peasy. 

"If I tell you my real name, would you be willing to tell me yours?" 

Hidden once again stopped in her tracks. A moment of silence would ensue from the cloaked figure as she thought. "I-I... I... no. Maybe some day later down the road but I'm not comfortable in sharing that information even with you yet. Only one person knows in this game and I don't talk to him much anymore these days..." She looked away. 'Though I miss him dearly. I wonder if he feels the same way about me?' She continued to walk looking back to the young girl. 'what could I even call her? Perhaps something starting with the letter A? Maybe just A-Chan? Nah. Boring.' 

Assassin's mood shifted. Seeing how she was starting to feel upset about bringing up her real name, she should probably stop pushing that subject. Instead she smiled to Hidden. "Don't worry about it, Nee-chan. Hidden, Sis. No matter what I call you, you're still Nee-chan to me."

The girl's mood had shifted from it's serious tone to her more normal upbeat and cheery tune. She did her best to keep up appearances to ensure that no one  could really see a clear side of her, but in this case, she wasn't really trying to hide anything from the rogue. All she wanted to do was do what she can do to help her. She had no main goal in the future anyways, the only reason that she was tagging along with people so often was because she literally had nothing better to do than stick with them. She would help Hidden, even in this gloomy place.

The cloaked player pressed forward, ignoring Assassin's words. While she wasn't angry, she was distant. Her gaze wasn't at anything specific as she became lost to her own thoughts. 'Even if she is a kid... I can't tell anyone else my real name. It's embarrassing.' 

She stumbled forward and a flash of light caught her attention. A grotesque figure appeared before her eyes. Its skin rotted and eyes a milky white as they stared at the two female players. An arm came from out behind the head of its cloak, making the count three in total. The creature shrieked summoning four skeletons encased in a dark armor. "A- Aya? Assassin. Take out one of those skeleton things. Leave the boss for last. If it is anything like its counterpart then it will take care of the other two." 

She stepped forward with a distasteful look. The stygian warriors seemed to be in her way from attacking the boss. 'tch'. "Disgusting". Unsheathing her dagger, she darted forward. She headed not for the boss, but instead for the warrior directly in front of it. She leapt upwards into the spinning rapidly. Her weapon streaked against the opponent, wiping it instantly from existence. The mere light from her weapon seemed to frighten the boss as it cowered away in fear. 

The boss quickly turned on two of his fellow allies and began to much on them, absorbing their power and making it stronger. An interesting ability. 

155981 BD:9
DMG: 25*13=325
155981 MD:8-2=6
DMG:70-88=1

[0] Hidden | 1019/1020 HP | 100/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
[0] @Assassin

Stygian Warrior A | 0/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC
Stygian Warrior B | 100/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC
Stygian Warrior C | 0/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC Consumed
Stygian Warrior D | 0/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC Consumed

<<The Leech Lich>> 350/350 HP | 70 DMG | 35 MIT | 2 ACC

Black.Assassin.full.2783967.pngAs soon as the two girls rounded the corner of the cave, a bright flash took over her sight. She had to cover her eyes from the bright beams of light. When it cleared, a seemingly uncharacteristic expression took the child's face. Normally when it came to monsters, she was good about not getting scared, but oh my god what the fuck is that.

"U-Uh.. Okay-" The girl said as her blade lit up with it's usual purple color, humming with power as it charged a sword art. She rushed forward, trying her best not to look at the massive lich that had literally just eaten it's allies. However, that was impossible. She bound towards her target, missed completely, tripped and rolled into a wall.

The thud of her body against the wall reverberated through the cavern. She coughed after sucking in some dirt that clouded her impact and stood to her feet. "S-Sorry.."

image.png

[0] @Hidden | 1019/1020 HP | 100/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
[0] Assassin | HP:420/420 | EN:42/42 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

Stygian Warrior B | 100/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC
Stygian Warrior C | 0/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC Consumed

<<The Leech Lich>> 350/350 HP | 70 DMG | 35 MIT | 2 ACC

With her warrior down for the count, she turned on the remaining opponents and found Assassin on the ground, slowly standing up. Hidden's eyes glossed over the girl before she quietly sighed. 'Oh dear. Wonder what happened there' The remaining skeletal warrior creeped forward after the small girl, shambling forth while its sword was dragged across the ground. Her darted forward, the orange glow of her dagger detailing her position as she approached. She slashed upward, killing the skeleton as she splintered each of its bones with a single strike. 

"Scared of something? I ain't gonna let anything get you." She would say to reassure the nervous girl. She turned on the figure that crept forward, taking a defensive stance over Assassin instead of deciding to flee. 

Hidden: 156811 BD:3+4
DMG:16*13=208-5 = 205.

Leech Lich: 156829 MD:9
DMG: 71-88=1. Leech Lich's passive ability heals him 1 HP

[0] @Hidden | 1018/1020 HP | 80/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
[0] @Assassin| HP:420/420 | EN:42/42 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

Stygian Warrior B | 0/100 | 25 DMG | 5 MIT | 1 ACC

<<The Leech Lich>> 350/350 HP | 70 DMG | 35 MIT | 2 ACC

Assassin flinched as Hidden took a hit. Her stumbling got her hurt, but for hardly any damage. Still, the younger girl's anger slow began to take over the sense of fear. A low growl under her town, her dagger took on it's crimson resonance, if not even darker than normal.

"You can't hurt Nee-chan like that and expect me not to hurt you!" The child sprinted toward the Lich, unleashing a flurry of blows from every angle, her black cloak imitating that of a tornado as she spun around her target with a scarlet streak of her blade. It's health dipped by nearly a third when she was finished. She quickly made her way back to her position behind her older sister.

The creature did scare her, much more than she expected this game to. She still had a lot to prepare herself for apparently, but at least Hidden and Ariel were here to help protect her.

image.png

[0] @Hidden | 1018/1020 HP | 80/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
[0] @Assassin| HP:420/420 | EN: 42/42 (-11) | DMG: 9 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

<<The Leech Lich>> 242/350 HP (-108) | 70 DMG | 35 MIT | 2 ACC

The grotesque figure inched closer, outstretching its law gnarled hands that ended at sharp points like talons. It swiped forward, raking across her chest. Luckily, her armor was a good match for the creature's level and absorbed the blow entirely. It almost sickened her how light the attack was. "Well that was an-"

"You can't hurt Nee-chan like that and expect me not to hurt you!" The small girl tore through the distance between her and the monster, slashing angrily through its body. A small smile formed on Hidden's lips as she watched the girl attack. 'Wow. She'd attack something for me.' 

The hideous creature turned on the small girl, boring its milky white eyes as it shambled forward with a hissing noise. Pushing off the ground, the wind would pelt her face as she seemed to almost appear between it and the small girl. With a single swipe of her blade, one of the creature's arms was sent from its body to the ground where it would writhe for several seconds before pixelating. "You won't touch a single hair on her little head." Hidden warned the creature. The creature would shriek, slashing Hidden with its last arm before falling back. 

Spoiler
156848 9 8 7 7 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Leech Lich attacks 2020-07-01 21:16:46

156846 3 7 4 8 Hidden Msg_hover2.png Eternal Cyclone v. Leech Lich 2020-07-01 21:08:09

Hidden deals: 16*13=208-35=173 DMG
Hidden takes 1 DMG

[1] @Hidden | 1017/1020 HP | 70/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
[1] @Assassin| HP:420/420 | EN: 42/42 (-11) | DMG: 9 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

<<The Leech Lich>> 69/350 HP (-108) | 70 DMG | 35 MIT | 2 ACC

Again, the little girl flinched as an attack from the enemy came barreling towards her. She raised her dagger to try and parry the attack away but thankfully she wouldn't have to. Hidden jumped between them and cut the entire arm(?) of the creature off. The writing digit digitalized into data, floating back into the cardinal.

Assassin steeled herself. If she could just land another attack, this thing would be gone and she wouldn't have to look at it anymore. With a burst of speed, she leaped of the ground and shoved her dagger directly into what she had assumed was it's face, but maybe it was a mask? As it's health points dripped down towards zero, it screamed right in her face. Some of it's saliva covered her face.

With a yelp, she let go of the dagger and fell onto her back on the ground. Soon, the beast exploded into data and their battle was finished. Assassin sat up just in time to feel something stab directly into her leg. Her own dagger, fallen into her calf. She winced a bit as the dulled pain came and whined in a low whisper. "ow..."

image.png

[1] @Hidden | 1017/1020 HP | 70/100 EN | 16 DMG | 88 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 8 Holy | 102 Vamp. Off
[1] @Assassin| HP:420/420 | EN: 31/42 (-11) | DMG: 9 | MIT: 23 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2

<<The Leech Lich>> -13/350 HP (-82) | 70 DMG | 35 MIT | 2 ACC

With one final shriek, the boss fell, spraying Assassin with its saliva which caused the girl to recoil. Even Hidden recoiled a bit. 'Ew'  she thought with a disgusted expression on her face. The girl fell down and was unlucky enough to have her own dagger strike her. Hidden cocked her head and resheathed her dagger into her sleeve. 

"Oh..." she would say crouching down to the girl. Taking her sleeve, she would wipe the disgusting spit from the girl's face, cleaning it with just a few wipes. She looked to the girl's dagger and pulled it out of her leg, quickly dropping a few drops of a healing potion directly to the wound which instantly closed it up. "Try to be a little more careful? You're just a delicate little... flower." She stood with widened eyes. "Flower. Ayame." 

A grin spread on her face at the realization of her genius. The name was almost too perfect. "From here on out you are Ayame! That is what I am naming you." She patted the girl ever so slightly on the head before hastily turning away. 'Alright that's enough affection for now. I don't want to be like weird. That's how you make people hate you Hilda.' She mentally coached herself and began to step away. 

"Keep up. We got other things to do today." 

Assassin looked up confused feeling much better not that the dagger embedded in her leg was freed. She took up her dagger in both her hands and held it while Hidden had her stroke of genius. Is this the confused feeling that everyone else gets when Assassin starts calling them by nicknames. To be fair though, Ayame was a pretty name, and she wasn't going to argue with it.

She stood up on her feet and sheathed her dagger back under her cloak. "A-Ayame? If that is easiest for you, then I'm fine with that. Do you want me to keep calling you Nee-chan?" She just realized that she started calling the girl that name as a generality, but it was beginning to take on a feeling of closeness with the girl. The two of them seemed to connect easy, though she had to wonder something.

"Hey... Um, before we really knew each other, it seemed like you really hated it me. You got really mad, but now you were willing to jump in front of me and that thing to protect me from it... I-I'm not a bother... am I?"

"Hmm? Nee-chan? Sure, I really don't mind." she said plain and simple to the girl. However, internally she was happy. She had always wanted a sister but her mother had perished before their family could become any larger. It only had become smaller, darker, and devoid of happiness. As she stepped away, Ayame asked her a question nervously. 

"Hey... Um, before we really knew each other, it seemed like you really hated it me. You got really mad, but now you were willing to jump in front of me and that thing to protect me from it... I-I'm not a bother... am I?"

Hidden slowly turned. 'This girl just asks the things I was too afraid to say when I was younger.' It almost made her laugh. Hidden's mouth curved into another smile as she replied, "You really think i'd be keeping you around if you were bothering me? I woulda dumped you off somewhere!" She said and giggled. "Now C'mon, we don't have time for any more of your questions. I'm taking you somewhere special next. To a really high floor that I have some business on." 

"A higher floor?" She asked confusedly. Not that she was entirely worried with Hidden's strength to protect her. "Are you sure it's alright that we go up to a higher floor? Am I not too weak for something like that?"

It was nice to see that she wasn't a total annoyance. They had genuinely come so far since they first met and already she had looked to Hidden like a sister. It felt weird to think like that, since the closest thing that she had to a sister before now was the other girls at that orphanage. "I don't have a real sister in the real world." Assassin mumbles to herself, trying to understand what she was feeling.

Hopefully there wouldn't be anything else like that thing that they had to fight. "We aren't going to get attacked by anything else scary like that again are we? I don't think I can handle something like that again."

Hidden was unimpressed by the girl's worry of moving to a higher floor. She supposed not everyone was as stubbornly fearless as herself. "Have I not already told you I won't let anything touch you. Stay close and nothing will even come near you." Her words were confident, almost daring to anything that wanted to come close. She began to step away, leaving the girl's question vaguely unanswered. No, they were going to the twenty-fourth floor for a higher leveled quest that would reward them generously. Of course, she was going to call a bit of backup to make the battle a little more smooth, even though she could take care of it herself. As Ayame asked her final question, she would shake her head. "No. Nothing scary where we are going... other than Crozeph's fighting ability" she would say, her last phrase being a mutter unheard by the younger girl. She was inviting him basically for a reminder that she was around and the guy was on the whim of her command. 

Thread Completed
4 SP to Each Player
2700 Col to Each Player
Yamata no Orochi Statue to each player.